Bible

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 900 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    To be a signpost is not not be responsible for how others react.

Few listen.
    Most have another plan.
    Some have nothing better to do than throw stones.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God's Spirit spoke through the prophets.
    Zechariah 7:12
    Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which the LORD of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from the LORD of hosts.

acertainchap
    Participant

I just thought maybe I'd offer a link here. Enjoy…

:laugh:

Click here

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    From another thread.
    Cato said about the bible.

“I think it fails in that the Bible is not self authenticating, or clear to a rational reader.  The problem with traditions of the church is they are no better.  If the Bible was clear there would not be so much debate, just look at this site as an example.

This is not to say it is without value, that truths may not be found therein, but they don't seem to be God's written word but rather men's interpretations thereof. ”  

This is true for those who are yet of the world. They cannot read or understand the truth of the bible and it does not prove itself according to the natural rational mind. Some would find it a book of useful wisdom but that is all.

You must be born again.
    Only in the Spirit of Christ can we know the teachings of God.

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 11 2008,06:16)
    You must be born again.
    Only in the Spirit of Christ can we know the teachings of God.

Nick, I was quite certain in another thread you mentioned more people being saved outside of the way of Christ, but here you are saying something entirely different. It appears to me that you are contradicting yourself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ACC,
    Not at all.
    The ones saved in the sheep and goat judgement were ignorant of their salvation.
    So they were not reborn from above or aware of scriptural truth but their actions revealed their hearts belonged to God.

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 11 2008,06:16)

“I think it fails in that the Bible is not self authenticating, or clear to a rational reader. The problem with traditions of the church is they are no better. If the Bible was clear there would not be so much debate, just look at this site as an example. This is not to say it is without value, that truths may not be found therein, but they don't seem to be God's written word but rather men's interpretations thereof.”

*Cato's explanation is solely opinionated just as mine is. There is much debate about Scripture, mainly because people refute the truth, the other half is interpretation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ACC,
    IF we knew the sacredness of God's words we would not dare to judge it but carefully examine every jot and tittle that we might learn eternal truth.

acertainchap
    Participant

Now you're of the opinion that I'm judging? I'm not judging it because I see it as 100% God's Word and nothing less. If you don't see it as 100% God's Word, then do you truly see it as Truth?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ACC,
    We do not still have the original letters of the NT. We do not know for sure which manuscripts are perfect and which are inaccurate. Men make choices of what is available and bibles which differ result. Then some bibles occasionally play fast and loose with the manuscripts, going beyond what they actually say into presumption [as does the NIV and even the KJV at times].

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ACC,
    An example from the NIV
    Jn12
    39For this reason they could not believe, because, as Isaiah says elsewhere:
    40″He has blinded their eyes
    and deadened their hearts,
    so they can neither see with their eyes,
    nor understand with their hearts,
    nor turn—and I would heal them.”[h] 41Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus' glory and spoke about him.

The word JESUS does not appear in any manuscript

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The power of the Spirit of God is mighty.
    Amos 3:8
    The lion hath roared, who will not fear? the Lord GOD hath spoken, who can but prophesy?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,19:10)
    Hi Stu,
    To be a signpost is not not be responsible for how others react.

Few listen.
    Most have another plan.
    Some have nothing better to do than throw stones.

Fewer and fewer listen and most have a very good reason to throw stones. It appears to me more and more that Christianity is a plan for people too dim to make their own meaning in the world as intelligent adults. You have to be born again in order to be trapped in a childhood that takes words on face value and cannot read between lines or think abstractly.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    So you are of superior intellect?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 23 2008,15:40)
    Hi Stu,
    So you are of superior intellect?

I don't know. Can you see that you have made meaning of your own life by your choices? Can your read between the lines of scripture to the motivations and allegories of the ancients? Can you think abstractly? Do you understand why people have antipathy towards god-belief and christian belief?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    You do not know.
    But you are fairly sure?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 23 2008,16:48)
    Hi Stu,
    You do not know.
    But you are fairly sure?

Can you see that you have made meaning of your own life by your choices? Can your read between the lines of scripture to the motivations and allegories of the ancients? Can you think abstractly? Do you understand why people have antipathy towards god-belief and christian belief?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    You cannot stand aside from faith and judge it.
    There is never a reason not to believe in God.
    It is a commitment and a passionate one.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 23 2008,21:11)
    Hi Stu,
    You cannot stand aside from faith and judge it.
    There is never a reason not to believe in God.
    It is a commitment and a passionate one.

It is clear from your answers (and especially the lack of them) that you cannot stand aside from faith and judge it. Therefore what use would you be as a teacher of it?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Useless.
    You cannot teach faith.
    It is not primarily of the intellect.

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 900 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account