Basics

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

It seems non-believers aren't allowed to edit (we must not be trusted it seems) so you can find more about the “Serenity Prayer” here.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Buildings not soundly constructed according to Heb 6 will not stand the “fiery trials”

Todays verse

Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. (1 Peter 4:12-13, ESV)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Obedient faith in God leads to faith in His Son as our appointed Lord.
    God too has allowed that men can access the blessing of the Spirit through prayer.[Lk 11.13]
    The first resurrection is the hope of all in Christ who do not come under judgement but have passed over to life.

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 25 2008,00:14)
    But not limited to Catholicism, obviously :;):.

kejonn My Husband and I were Catholics until we were 45 and 46 years old. I never heard of that prayer before being Catholic. Where did you hear about that? Would like to know because I do like that verse. And it does make sense. It will make no difference to me tho either way I like it.

Peace and Love Mrs.

kejonn
    Participant

Mrs,

That is why I came back and said it was not limited to Catholicism. When I went to find it, several Catholic pages showed up and I made a perhaps false correlation. I guess it comes from my limited experience with Catholicism and knowing they are big on pre-made prayers.

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 25 2008,06:35)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 25 2008,00:14)
    But not limited to Catholicism, obviously :;):.

kejonn My Husband and I were Catholics until we were 45 and 46 years old. I never heard of that prayer before being Catholic. Where did you hear about that? Would like to know because I do like that verse. And it does make sense. It will make no difference to me tho either way I like it.

Peace and Love Mrs.

This is the closing “prayer” for any AA, NA or Al-anon meeting you will attend. I have mostly heard this “prayer” repeated by those who are trying to overcome an addiction.

Christianity/Catholicism might be considered an addiction by some.

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 25 2008,00:16)
    It seems non-believers aren't allowed to edit (we must not be trusted it seems) so you can find more about the “Serenity Prayer” here.

I've asked t8 for my editing rights to be restored and he is thinking about it.

To be honest, I'm not sure what type of havoc can be created by allowing on and all to have these “editing” rights? But I certainly respect t8's decision and will abide by whatever he decides.

If I am not allowed to edit, you will just have to excuse my spelling errors. :;):

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Mandy @ Feb. 25 2008,09:04)

To be honest, I'm not sure what type of havoc can be created by allowing on and all to have these “editing” rights?  But I certainly respect t8's decision and will abide by whatever he decides.

If I am not allowed to edit, you will just have to excuse my spelling errors.   :;):

I understand the reason for not giving complete editing rights.
    Some people will post something controversial and then after a few replies will edit out their post.

This leaves other people wondering what the replies were about. There was no continuity to the discussion since the original post was deleted.

Tim

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Feb. 25 2008,11:08)

To be honest, I'm not sure what type of havoc can be created by allowing on and all to have these “editing” rights?  But I certainly respect t8's decision and will abide by whatever he decides.

If I am not allowed to edit, you will just have to excuse my spelling errors.   :;):

Some people will post something controversial and then after a few replies will edit out their post.

This leaves other people wondering what the replies were about. There was no continuity to the discussion since the original post was deleted.

Tim

Wow. I'll have to take your word for it, Tim. I've never experienced this personally.

Besides, as it relates to believers and non-believer's, I doubt that un-believer's would be more prone to edit their posts in this manner than are believer's?

Is one group more honest than the other? :;): Maybe so? :laugh:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi guys,
    Perhaps another thread to continue this discussion.
    This thread is on the basics of the christian faith.

Mandy
    Participant

Sure, Nick.

My apologies,
    Mandy

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Mandy @ Feb. 25 2008,14:48)

Quote (TimothyVI @ Feb. 25 2008,11:08)

To be honest, I'm not sure what type of havoc can be created by allowing on and all to have these “editing” rights? But I certainly respect t8's decision and will abide by whatever he decides.

If I am not allowed to edit, you will just have to excuse my spelling errors. :;):

Tim

Wow. I'll have to take your word for it, Tim. I've never experienced this personally.

Besides, as it relates to believers and non-believer's, I doubt that un-believer's would be more prone to edit their posts in this manner than are believer's?

Is one group more honest than the other? :;): Maybe so? :laugh:

Editing rights is not exclusive to believers. It is given to a group called “Regular Members”.

Giving all editing rights will cause havoc I am confident of that. It has happened before, and I am the one who has to restore the forums back. Not only is it a lot of work, but it may not even be worth restoring if many new posts were made before the last backup.

I personally do not really like giving editing rights because it only takes one person to stuff things up. It can completely render certain discussions meaningless and wastes the time of those who posted responses too.

t8  Thank you for all it is very much appreciated.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account