Basics

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Derek Prince wrote a very good series of books, the Foundation Series, on these basics.
    It seems now men want only to obey a couple of them but you cannot move on until all are grasped.

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 24 2008,14:47)
    seek and you will find, I don't think Nick was judging you. I think he was making  a general statement in line of what you were saying.

Maybe I am wrong, but when I read his post it didn't come across as questioning your salvation IMHO.

t8 I did'nt think that He was. I was just explaining to Him that is all. Heh Guys you are my Brethren and I care about you. I am still somewhat upset about my Girlfriend. I do wish She would start believing in Christ again, if that is possible. According to scripture it is not so.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 24 2008,14:51)
    yessir

yes sir? Where you questioning my Salvation?

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 24 2008,15:01)
    I am still somewhat upset about my Girlfriend. I do wish She would start believing in Christ again, if that is possible. According to scripture it is not so.

Irene,
    I'm sorry to have upset you, as you know I care about you very much.

I still believe in the Jesus of the NT, but to be a “believer” according to this site you need to believe that Jesus is indeed the promised Messiah – this I no longer can subscribe to. However, I still love God with all of my mind, body and soul. I will continue to seek him for as long as I draw breath.

I just needed to be honest with my community here about how I feel. And I will only post where I am allowed to, with this exception. I will be respectful. I still care very much about every one here. I still expect to learn a great deal by checking in here……

But I am free from religion. I will no longer call myself this or that. I love God and seek him only. All else is flawed at it's core and there are too many questions with no answers to follow any of the presented options, in my opinion.

If God wanted to be defined so that he could be subscribed to, he would have made it crystal clear. He has not done so. I believe this is for a reason. I don't think he ever intended for the world to be divided by religion the way it has become. It keeps us from loving one another.

Anyway, don't be sad Irene. I am at peace with my Maker. I want to remain at peace with you.

Love,
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 24 2008,15:05)

yessir

No maam.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 24 2008,16:44)

yessir

No maam.

thank you Sir.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Quote (Mandy @ Feb. 24 2008,15:56)

I am still somewhat upset about my Girlfriend. I do wish She would start believing in Christ again, if that is possible. According to scripture it is not so.

Irene,

I still believe in the Jesus of the NT, but to be a “believer” according to this site you need to believe that Jesus is indeed the promised Messiah – this I no longer can subscribe to.  However, I still love God with all of my mind, body and soul.  I will continue to seek him for as long as I draw breath.

I just needed to be honest with my community here about how I feel.  And I will only post where I am allowed to, with this exception.  I will be respectful.  I still care very much about every one here.  I still expect to learn a great deal by checking in here……

But I am free from religion.  I will no longer call myself this or that.  I love God and seek him only.  All else is flawed at it's core and there are too many questions with no answers to follow any of the presented options, in my opinion.

If God wanted to be defined so that he could be subscribed to, he would have made it crystal clear.  He has not done so.  I believe this is for a reason.  I don't think he ever intended for the world to be divided by religion the way it has become.  It keeps us from loving one another.

Anyway, don't be sad Irene.  I am at peace with my Maker.  I want to remain at peace with you.

Love,
    Mandy

Mandy! Even tho I am still sad, I have excepted what I can't change.

God grand me the serenity
    to except the things
    I cannot change,
    Courage to change things
    I can and
    Wisdom to know the difference.

Peace and Love Irene

Mandy
    Participant

Irene, you are a wise women!

:)

Quote (Mandy @ Feb. 24 2008,17:51)
    Irene, you are a wise women!

:)

Mandy God is, my answer came from Him. I thought yesterday what to say to you, so i waited and this verse came to mind tonight. I have found that if I do, that He will give me the answer. Give all credit to God.
    Love you Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mrs,
    That verse is not a bible one of course.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 24 2008,18:44)
    Hi mrs,
    That verse is not a bible one of course.

No it is not a Bible verse, but a wise one nevertheless. I don't remember were I got it from, or who said it.
    Sometimes we need to use whatever fits the circumstances.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 24 2008,08:36)
    Hi,
    These are the basics of our faith.
    Heb 6
    1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection;

not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

3And this will we do, if God permit.

Hi,
    The words of Hebrews 6 show that nothing has changed since Peter spoke at Pentecost.

Acts 2
    38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

Stu
    Participant

yessir

I will question your need for salvation.

Do you sin? Sin is a ridiculous concept.

Are you evil? No!

Are you a bad person? Of course not, anyone could tell that.

Why salvation then? From what? Why would your creator be disappointed in you? He can't be disappointed because he knows in advance everything that you will do anyway(I'm not trying to be calvanistic here). Even if you were to go off the rails, the creator would be responsible because he gave you the free choice to do it. Did he not mean for people to make genuine choices of their own? Why give the choice then condemn the outcome?

Why told you you need saving from anything, and why didn't you reject that insult?

Stuart

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 24 2008,19:32)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 24 2008,08:36)
    Hi,
    These are the basics of our faith.
    Heb 6
    1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection;

not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

3And this will we do, if God permit.

Hi,
    The words of Hebrews 6 show that nothing has changed since Peter spoke at Pentecost.

Acts 2
    38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

Yes Baptism is very important in a Christian walk. To be born again and have hands lay-ed on and receive the Holy Spirit is a must. I have questioned a Pastor in the Baptist Church once why He did not do it, His reply was that it was not required. What do you think?
    After my Baptism the very next day was the most amazing day of my live. I remember sitting on the Sewing Machine and things just did not go my way and I used cuss word like gosh, for pete's sake etc. I was saying it that much, that I was not even aware of that I was doing so. It was so amazing because the Holy Spirit made me aware of it each time, until I finally realized it. Whenever I would ask God please show me my faults He would do so. Overcoming is not always easy, but with God on our side all is and has been possible for me. I feel like that I have grown into his Love and understanding, and for that I am forever thankful for.

Peace and Love Mrs.

kejonn
    Participant

Mrs,

In another thread you stated (I no longer have access to to post in that thread, it seems my advice was taken about forums yet the rules have not changed to reflect this)

kejonn Very soon, the 70 years are almost up since the Jewish People have returned to Jerusalem. Jesus will return.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Mrs,

If you pay attention to Paul's writings, he was looking for Jesus to return then. Paul never knew Jesus. Paul did not know of the supposed virgin birth, and if you read closely enough, Paul may have never believe that Jesus was raised in the flesh but totally as a spirit man.

1Co 15:45 So also it is written, “The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Mandy @ Feb. 23 2008,22:56)
    If God wanted to be defined so that he could be subscribed to, he would have made it crystal clear. He has not done so. I believe this is for a reason. I don't think he ever intended for the world to be divided by religion the way it has become. It keeps us from loving one another.

Anyway, don't be sad Irene. I am at peace with my Maker. I want to remain at peace with you.

Love,
    Mandy

This is painfully true. The Abrahamic faiths have a blood saturated past (and present). The Jews in their own records — the Hebrew scriptures — have killed many in the name of God. They killed children, babies, animals, all in the name of God. Then one Jesus came and according to the NT, he preached peace and love. Yet many came after him and in the name of Christ killed many Jews and others who did not believe in Jesus. Now the next Abrahamic faith, Islam, is killing people still today and started doing so back when it was founded by Mohammed.

Why is it that the God of Abraham is the one God that has inspired more deaths than any other God? I challenge someone to give an honest answer to that without the typical hollow apologies.

I can tell you my answer: because the God of Abraham is not real. There is a God, and He CAN be called the God of Abraham, but He is not accurately described in any religious text. If He is, that is not the God I want. I do not want a God who is blood thirsty and willing to kill His creation just because they fail. After all, we are supposed to be created in His image according to Genesis, then He created us with flaws. We can not be held responsible for His failure.

If General Motors creates a vehicle with a flaw that leads to auto fatalities and injury, are they not held responsible? Or do we let them off the hook and say it is our fault for not realizing the flaw and accepting it? Yet we accept that God supposedly created us with the ability to choose wrong and then expect that we deserve hell because he created us that way.

Silly.

kejonn
    Participant

I another thread, discipleelohim said

I can't focus at my job, I can't have normal relationships with my friends, my family thinks I am nuts. The only ones who understand me are those who have been drawn by God.

Can behavior such as this be honorable to God?

kejonn
    Participant

In the Ron Weinland thread, discipleelohim said

However, I will not in May. From the information I have been given, by February 1st of 2009. “If” we have a new President in office I will do the above mentioned.

Uh, you DO know that we WILL have a new president by Feb 2009, correct? This is not prophecy, this is part of the governmental process in place for hundreds of years. I don't know if you've been keeping up, but this is an election year and Bush cannot run again due to term limitations.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 24 2008,00:45)

Quote (Mandy @ Feb. 24 2008,15:56)

Irene,

I still believe in the Jesus of the NT, but to be a “believer” according to this site you need to believe that Jesus is indeed the promised Messiah – this I no longer can subscribe to. However, I still love God with all of my mind, body and soul. I will continue to seek him for as long as I draw breath.

I just needed to be honest with my community here about how I feel. And I will only post where I am allowed to, with this exception. I will be respectful. I still care very much about every one here. I still expect to learn a great deal by checking in here……

But I am free from religion. I will no longer call myself this or that. I love God and seek him only. All else is flawed at it's core and there are too many questions with no answers to follow any of the presented options, in my opinion.

Love,
    Mandy

Mandy! Even tho I am still sad, I have excepted what I can't change.

God grand me the serenity
    to except the things
    I cannot change,
    Courage to change things
    I can and
    Wisdom to know the difference.

Peace and Love Irene

It is called the “Serenity Prayer” in Catholicism.

kejonn
    Participant

But not limited to Catholicism, obviously :;):.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account