Attn anti-trinitarians: another us verse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 685 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 26 2009,04:56)
    bodhitharta said;

God tells us all to forgive sins and we are not God, are we? so you are wrong again.

Where does God tell us to forgive sins? I am told to forgive those who sin against me. But to forgive sins like Stephen asked Jesus to do is not in our power (Luke 5:21). You do not have an ounce of truth in your veins!

thinker

Wasn't those sins against steven? When Jesus asked God to forgive them for they know not what they do wasn't those sins against Jesus?

Could I not even look at you If someone was attacking me and I knew it would upset you and say “thinker forgive them” ?

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 25 2009,13:26)

bodhitharta said;

God tells us all to forgive sins and we are not God, are we? so you are wrong again.

Where does God tell us to forgive sins? I am told to forgive those who sin against me. But to forgive sins like Stephen asked Jesus to do is not in our power (Luke 5:21). You do not have an ounce of truth in your veins!

thinker

Wasn't those sins against steven? When Jesus asked God to forgive them for they know not what they do wasn't those sins against Jesus?

Could I not even look at you If someone was attacking me and I knew it would upset you and say “thinker forgive them” ?

Hi BD

Stephen didn't forgive them, he asked Jesus to forgive them.

If what you say is true then we could forgive the sins of the world right?

WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 26 2009,06:55)

bodhitharta said;

thinker

Hi BD

WJ

Jesus didn't forgive the sins of the world, he said that each man will be judged according to there works.

Of course thinker believes that everything Jesus said was part of the old covenant and we should not be following Christ's teachings.

Are you anti-Christ to?

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 25 2009,20:54)

bodhitharta said;

thinker

Hi BD

WJ

Jesus didn't forgive the sins of the world, he said that each man will be judged according to there works.

Of course thinker believes that everything Jesus said was part of the old covenant and we should not be following Christ's teachings.

Are you anti-Christ to?

BD

You dodged the question!

WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 26 2009,17:18)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 25 2009,20:54)

bodhitharta said;

thinker

Hi BD

WJ

Are you anti-Christ to?

BD

You dodged the question!

WJ

Of course stephen forgave them and of course he would ask The Christ to forgive them, that wouldn't make Jesus God any more than praying or asking the Father for something in the name of Jesus make Jesus be God.

I hope that answers your question.

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

Of course stephen forgave them and of course he would ask The Christ to forgive them, that wouldn't make Jesus God any more than praying or asking the Father for something in the name of Jesus make Jesus be God.

I hope that answers your question.

bd,
    You don't know what the gospel is. For Jesus to forgive someone puts that someone right with God. That someone would go to heaven. Stephen was in essence praying that Jesus would save his killers. This means that to Stephen Jesus had the authority of God. The Jews thought this way (luke 5:21).

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

I make no apologies for what I believe. Explain Hebrews 6:1-6. It clearly says that we should LEAVE the elementary doctrines of Christ and move on to maturity. The book of Hebrews elsewhere calls Christ's teachings “milk” and that we should go on to the meat of biblical doctrine. Paul is the server of the meat. Jesus prepared us for Paul whom you say is a liar.

Example: Jesus taught that our being forgiven by God was conditional upon our forgiving others. This is old covenant. Paul taught that we forgive others because we have already been forgiven. This is new covenant.

Hebrews 6 explicitly says that those who have entered into the new covenant age but draw back to the elementary teachings of Christ are apostates.

You have been warned sir!

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 26 2009,21:31)
    bodhitharta said:

I make no apologies for what I believe. Explain Hebrews 6:1-6. It clearly says that we should LEAVE the elementary doctrines of Christ and move on to maturity. The book of Hebrews elsewhere calls Christ's teachings “milk” and that we should go on to the meat of biblical doctrine. Paul is the server of the meat. Jesus prepared us for Paul whom you say is a liar.

Example: Jesus taught that our being forgiven by God was conditional upon our forgiving others. This is old covenant. Paul taught that we forgive others because we have already been forgiven. This is new covenant.

Hebrews 6 explicitly says that those who have entered into the new covenant age but draw back to the elementary teachings of Christ are apostates.

thinker

I already agreed that you were anti-Christ

Now you just have to figure out why Paul said what he teaches is “Milk”

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 27 2009,05:02)

bodhitharta said:

thinker

Read it again. Paul did not want to teach them milk. He rebuked them because he had to teach them milk. As far as your “antichrist” label is concerned that's okay. My Jesus was called “beelzebub.” Take the beam out of your own eye. You deny Jesus was crucified.

thinker

Quote (thethinker @ July 27 2009,05:50)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 27 2009,05:02)

bodhitharta said:

thinker

Read it again. Paul did not want to teach them milk. He rebuked them because he had to teach them milk. As far as your “antichrist” label is concerned that's okay. My Jesus was called “beelzebub.” Take the beam out of your own eye. You deny Jesus was crucified.

thinker

amen thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

thinker

Hi TT,
    Are you yet accepting of the elementary teachings of Christ and ready to take meat?

Teaching what he did not teach is rather strong evidence it is time for you to go back to the basics

we meed teaching and sometimes to tell others about Jesus

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Aug. 05 2009,01:25)
    we meed teaching and sometimes to tell others about Jesus

who do you worship?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 27 2009,08:36)

bodhitharta said:

thinker

Hi TT,
    Are you yet accepting of the elementary teachings of Christ and ready to take meat?

Teaching what he did not teach is rather strong evidence it is time for you to go back to the basics

The “meat” is salvation by faith alone. This is Paul's gospel.

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Aug. 10 2009,00:31)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 27 2009,08:36)

bodhitharta said:

thinker

Hi TT,

The “meat” is salvation by faith alone. This is Paul's gospel.

thinker

I agree with that being the “meat” but that was not Paul's Gospel it was what Jesus taught to his disciples. Paul took that Gospel and made it his own.

But yet when I tell you that the entire path of Islam is to have Faith in God alone, you don't like that meat.

You can't even complain about Islam in the least because since you say the trinity is One God, even if you were correct Islam would be correctly focusing on the Oneness of God while the minds of the trinitarians cannot see God as One. The Jews call that a polytheistic Consciousness and say that most gentiles cannot get beyond polytheistic thoughts.

For instance if I say the word “ALL” The Polytheistic Consciousness thinks “Many” The Monotheistic Consciousness thinks “One”

So actually it is very difficult for the polytheistic mind to comprehend God as a Single being. It was even hard for the Jews that is why they kept following Idols and False gods.

The Polytheistic mind must cling to objects and images, For instance if you didn't believe in Jesus you would assume that God couldn't exist because you would have no physical object or image to grasp onto. The monotheistic mind does not need to grasp an object or image it believes in God through the mechanism of faith of relationship. To love God then is a direct love with no objects or images and also no numeration in which attention should be divided.

Deuteronomy 7
    9 Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

I agree with that being the “meat” but that was not Paul's Gospel it was what Jesus taught to his disciples. Paul took that Gospel and made it his own.

See my reply on “Unadulterated gospel” thread.

thinker

Quote (thethinker @ Aug. 10 2009,06:34)
    bodhitharta said:

thinker

paul gave the gospel of Christ not some made up gospel

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Aug. 10 2009,07:35)

bodhitharta said:

thinker

Yes Paul gave the gospel of Christ. It was Christ who gave it to him. But Christ Himself did not preach it. Christ taught to keep the law of Moses. Paul done away with Moses (by revelation from Christ).

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Aug. 10 2009,10:31)

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Aug. 10 2009,07:35)

bodhitharta said:

thinker

Yes Paul gave the gospel of Christ. It was Christ who gave it to him. But Christ Himself did not preach it. Christ taught to keep the law of Moses. Paul done away with Moses (by revelation from Christ).

thinker

No such revelation was given to Paul, otherwise he would have preached to the Jews that Jesus has done away with the law. Paul's argument was mainly focused on the letter of the law, but Jesus taught the Spirit of the Law is greater than the letter of the law.

Paul says that no one can follow the letter of the law so we are cursed because of it so we must have faith in Jesus who redeems us from the letter of the law. Jesus said that the letter of the Law is fulfilled by the Spirit of The Law by Faith in The Father who is Lord God Alone.

Really these things are similar the Monotheistic mind believes in Faith in God alone and the polytheistic mind believes in God through Christ which is in the same Spirit of Belief.

This is why Jesus is called a light unto the gentiles as in an understanding for the polytheistic gentiles.

there is only one God and Jesus is His name

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 685 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account