Attn anti-trinitarians: another us verse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 685 total)
  • Author

Quote (Gene @ July 22 2009,23:57)

CB……………..Find (ONE) scripture where Jesus said He was GOD. I can find you many where He shows us He was (NOT) GOD. He said I am going to MY GOD and YOUR GOD, MY FATHER and YOUR FATHER. How do you get around that, He also said for (THOU) art the (ONLY) (TRUE) GOD. When has the word THOU become ME. CB, come out of the false teachings of the TRINITY DOCTRINE, dump that garbage and seek the Truth. And perhaps GOD will remove that delusion so you won't believe the LIE Taught by the Apostate religions of this world. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………..gene

Hi GB

Quote (Gene @ July 22 2009,23:57)
    CB……………..Find (ONE) scripture where Jesus said He was GOD. I can find you many where He shows us He was (NOT) GOD

Thats not a fair question. You say…

Find (ONE) scripture where Jesus **said** He was GOD

Then you say…

I can find you many where **He shows** us He was (NOT) GOD

Why didn't you say…

I can find you many where He **said** us He was (NOT) GOD

The reason you didn't is because there are no scriptures where Jesus says “I am not God, do not worship me”, yet we find many worshipping him using the same word that Jesus said we were to give to the Father in John ch 4.

But we do have scriptures that do say Jesus is God, including one that the Father said himself and commanded the Angels of God to Worship him with the same word that we are to act on the Father in John ch 4.

There is more evidence that Jesus is God than there is not GB.

But how many scriptures does it take for one to believe?

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    So you work from what is not said and ignore what Jesus said?
    Scripture says he is the Son of God and lord of all but that is not what you want to believe?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,06:22)
    Hi WJ,
    So you work from what is not said and ignore what Jesus said?
    Scripture says he is the Son of God and lord of all but that is not what you want to believe?

NH

If the Apostles who called Jesus God believed that he wasn't then they sure would at some point said he is not God don't you think?

In fact Jesus never said he was not God even though many worshipped him!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    So if Jesus did not say he is NOT his own father we can teach that he is?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 22 2009,20:24)
    Hi CB,
    God is a plain speaker and does not expect us to have to try to read between the lines to find basic truths. This is a trap for those who are too clever for their own good and 1Cor 2 tells us about them.

The principle I believe should be followed in 2 Cor 13.1.

Find one plain verse and then one or two more that say THE SAME THING.
    Then you have a fact.

Nick,

The trinity is not something that requires reading between the lines. It is all over the bible.

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    But just not IN THE TEACHINGS OF THE BIBLE?

Man cannot live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.
    These words are not found there but you would recommend them as well as life to our souls?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,12:34)
    Hi TC,
    But just not IN THE TEACHINGS OF THE BIBLE?

Man cannot live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.
    These words are not found there but you would recommend them as well as life to our souls?

Nick,

Yes. And from the mouth of God Jesus was called God.

Read Hebrews 1.

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    So the bible is only one of the sources you rely on for truth and you read it according to your doctrinal base?
    Is that the way God wants us to act?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,16:29)
    Hi WJ,
    So if Jesus did not say he is NOT his own father we can teach that he is?

NH

I think that is pretty good evidence being that no other being in the NT scriptures accepted worship, but rather pointed them to God, and if they didn't they were eaten up with worms.

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Is the sort of obesiance accepted by the King of Kings is the sort of worship you think God expects from us your multipartite god is too small.[Jn4. 1 peter2]

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,16:53)
    Hi WJ,
    Is the sort of obesiance accepted by the King of Kings is the sort of worship you think God expects from us your multipartite god is too small.[Jn4. 1 peter2]

NH

No it is your God that is to small, for you have made a mere man you Lord and Master.

WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 24 2009,08:56)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,16:53)
    Hi WJ,

NH

No it is your God that is to small, for you have made a mere man you Lord and Master.

WJ

So you would be ashamed of Jesus if he was a mere man?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,12:44)
    Hi TC,
    So the bible is only one of the sources you rely on for truth and you read it according to your doctrinal base?
    Is that the way God wants us to act?

Nick,

Where did I say that the Bible was only one of my sources for truth? It is my ONLY source for truth. I do not read it according to my doctrinal base, I form my doctrinal base from what I read.

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Indeed God did appoint a man to be our Lord and Master and to show us the way.
    But your God is a mortal man and our God is immortal.
    Does your god have 3 parts like tt?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,13:05)
    Hi WJ,

Nick,

Our God is not a mortal man. You again change everything we say and twist it. Jesus did not die. His body died. He was crucified, but he did not need the body to survive because he is God. God does not need flesh in order to live. Jesus lived in Hades during the time when his body was in the tomb, and then he reentered the body at the end of the three days. This means that the body was mortal, not that God was mortal.

His body was mortal, not his person.

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    So he did not die?
    Scripture says many times that he did.

Who should we believe?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,13:16)
    Hi TC,
    So he did not die?
    Scripture says many times that he did.

Who should we believe?

Nick,

When I say that Jesus did not die, I am not denying his crucifixion and his death. I am merely saying that his boy was killed and that his spirit went to Hades to wait for the resurrection. This means that he is immortal. That is the only point I am making. Jesus was physically killed, not spiritually.

TC27

In the previous post I said “boy” I meant to say “body” sorry about that.

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    So he did die as men do and his spirit was given up.
    Make your mind up.

He is yet alive as is Abraham by the abiding Spirit of the LIVING GOD

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 24 2009,09:15)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,13:05)
    Hi WJ,

Nick,

Our God is not a mortal man. You again change everything we say and twist it. Jesus did not die. His body died. He was crucified, but he did not need the body to survive because he is God. God does not need flesh in order to live. Jesus lived in Hades during the time when his body was in the tomb, and then he reentered the body at the end of the three days. This means that the body was mortal, not that God was mortal.

His body was mortal, not his person.

TC27

So God did not die for you then?

I agree! Each man must die for his own sin.

But then you said that Jesus lived in hades when he was physically dead. So you are saying that Jesus was not spiritually dead, right? So in what way did he take the place of sinners? Afterall there were two sinners being crucified with him so the crucifixion couldn't be taking their place, right?

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 685 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account