Arius

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I see Adam P has posted an article where JWs are called modern day Arians.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This is topical. The Arians did not formulate the trinity doctrine though.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi casey,
    The Arians

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The JWs are often referred to as modern Arians. But Arius, for all his faults, did not come up with new doctrines such as Jesus being an angel called Michael, or all men being forgiven at death.

These bizarre follies come from an approach to scripture that is poor and disordered lacking proper care with proofs and the seeking of witnessing evidence before the declaring of unscriptural and demonic doctrines.

Then they go door to door spreading these falsehoods without thought of the risks of doing such things to themselves and others.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This is topical

NickHassan
    Participant

topical again.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ May 14 2005,00:37)
    I will start with this one from Nick.

Encyclopaedia Britannica
    The Son must be therefore deemed a creature who has been called into existence out of nothing and has had a beginning. Moreover, the Son can have no direct knowledge of the Father since the Son is finite and of a different order of existence.

Does the encyclopaedia have a source for this quote?

Jesus obviously knew who His Father was/is

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank You, O Father, Lord of Heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things from the sophisticated and cunning, and revealed them to babes.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Nov. 21 2006,05:58)

Quote (t8 @ May 14 2005,00:37)
    I will start with this one from Nick.

Encyclopaedia Britannica
    The Son must be therefore deemed a creature who has been called into existence out of nothing and has had a beginning. Moreover, the Son can have no direct knowledge of the Father since the Son is finite and of a different order of existence.

Does the encyclopaedia have a source for this quote?

Jesus obviously knew who His Father was/is

Mat 11:25  At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank You, O Father, Lord of Heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things from the sophisticated and cunning, and revealed them to babes.

Interestingly in His very first recorded spoken sentence in the Bible, a twelve yr old Yahshua made a reference to His heavenly Father:

Luke 2:41-49 (NASB)
    41Now His parents went to Jerusalem every year at the Feast of the Passover. 42And when He became twelve, they went up there according to the custom of the Feast; 43and as they were returning, after spending the full number of days, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem. But His parents were unaware of it, 44but supposed Him to be in the caravan, and went a day's journey; and they began looking for Him among their relatives and acquaintances. 45When they did not find Him, they returned to Jerusalem looking for Him. 46Then, after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions. 47And all who heard Him were amazed at His understanding and His answers. 48When they saw Him, they were astonished; and His mother said to Him, “Son, why have You treated us this way? Behold, Your father and I have been anxiously looking for You.” 49And He said to them, “Why is it that you were looking for Me? Did you not know that I had to be in My Father's house?”

Maybe there's a reason other than the commercial introduction of computer based encyclopedias like encartia, why encyclopedia brittanica is now considered obsolete….where do we read in the Bible that the Son is “finite” or “a creature”? Can the Creator of time have a “beginning”?

:p  :p  :p

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 09 2006,22:09)
    Hi,
    This is topical

Hi Nick, I have noticed on a number of occasions you post a comment like this and I'm left wondering if there should be a link somewhere to another discussion? Can you please enlighten me.

Oxy
    Participant

Ahh Is, I see we are on a role here. Good to see you mate.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Nov. 21 2006,07:20)
    Ahh Is, I see we are on a role here.  Good to see you mate.

Nice to see you here too Oxy.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

And Arius m42

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Proclaimer
    Participant

This may prove to be useful regarding Arius and what he taught:
    http://p078.ezboard.com/fyahweh….5.topic

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Cult Buster
    Participant

Nick Hassen

topical

There he goes again!

NickHassan
    Participant

Topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Topical

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick, what is this topical you repeatedly quote?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account