Are we born with SIN?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 355 total)
  • Author
    malcolm ferris
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 04 2006,04:43)
    Hi Malcolm,
    Gal 3.27 as shown before.

is this speaking of water baptism though?

malcolm ferris
    Participant

A spiritual body is not a spirit. It is a body. Spirits do not have bodies.Bodies do have spirits though.They have their own spirit that gives them life[Jas 2.26].

Spirits do not have bodies? How does that apply then to Jesus Christ who was a spiritual being before he was a flesh and blood body….

malcolm ferris
    Participant

When Gen 1 says the earth brought forth grass etc it does not say it happened immediately.
    It may simply be evidence that what God willed, happened.

The field where Adam tended his garden and where they grew was specific-in the location of Eden.
    The animals created by God were brought to Adam for him to name them. Again it does not necessarily mean they were created after Adam and just before they were brought to him.

In other words there are all these maybees here yet you can definitely say that Gen 2 is an elaboration of Gen 1.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Do you really think our minds also have a spirit or could this not have simpler meaning such as the essential motivation of our minds?

No no – you are misunderstanding me there

ROMANS 7:25
    I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

The spirit of the flesh, or carnal nature is the spirit that is dead and seeks to spread throughout our entire being.

EPHESIANS 4:22-24
    That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
    And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
    And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

This spirit of our mind spoken of here then would be that by which we serve the law of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    We do not teach from what is not written but only what is written. So to presume that she was a spirit already when it is not written would not be appropriate would it?
    Many things we simply do not know.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (malcolm ferris @ May 04 2006,04:49)

Hi Malcolm,

Hi Malcolm,
    It is not qualified as being of any other form so it would appear to relate to the original type, which is water baptism.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 04 2006,05:34)

Quote (malcolm ferris @ May 04 2006,04:49)

Hi Malcolm,

Hi Malcolm,
    It is not qualified as being of any other form so it would appear to relate to the original type, which is water baptism.

We do not teach from what is not written but only what is written. So to presume that she was a spirit already when it is not written would not be appropriate would it?
    Many things we simply do not know

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (malcolm ferris @ May 04 2006,04:55)

A spiritual body is not a spirit. It is a body. Spirits do not have bodies.Bodies do have spirits though.They have their own spirit that gives them life[Jas 2.26].

Spirits do not have bodies? How does that apply then to Jesus Christ who was a spiritual being before he was a flesh and blood body….

Hi Malcolm,
    Jesus Christ, born of Mary, was indeed spirit in heaven but he had no body then.
    The earthly physical body was only given him when he partook of flesh at his conception.
    Surely only imperishable heavenly bodies can enter heaven and he only received one of those after ascending from earth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (malcolm ferris @ May 04 2006,05:09)

Do you really think our minds also have a spirit or could this not have simpler meaning such as the essential motivation of our minds?

I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

The spirit of the flesh, or carnal nature is the spirit that is dead and seeks to spread throughout our entire being.

That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
    And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

This spirit of our mind spoken of here then would be that by which we serve the law of God.

Hi Malcolm,
    Was the spirit of Christ dead before he died?

malcolm ferris
    Participant

A spiritual body is not a spirit. It is a body. Spirits do not have bodies.Bodies do have spirits though. They have their own spirit that gives them life[Jas 2.26].

I think you have got things around the wrong way there – bodies do not have a spirit, the body is just a vessel a robe, a container, for what?
    A spirit? – not exactly – a spirit being.

Just as a spirit form or celestial body is a body for a spirit being. The same spirit being may inhabit both and when the celestial body comes to a redeemed flesh body the complete expression of a son of God with eternal life is seen in an earthly glorified body.

So it is the spirit being that has a body and is called what? A soul.
    And we are a threefold being, body, soul and spirit.
    You are correct that the spirit is from one of two possible sources, God or the enemy.
    If we receive the spirit of God in our soul then we can no longer die.

As I have said previously we must view death therefore as separation from the life that is in God, for we are told that the redeemed do not die. Yet our bodies do go to the dust.
    When we receive the spirit of life from God we pass from separation from the life of God right into living by that very life.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 04 2006,05:41)

Quote (malcolm ferris @ May 04 2006,05:09)

Hi Malcolm,
    Was the spirit of Christ dead before he died?

You tell me Nick
    According to you spirits don't have bodies.
    The scripture says the body without the spirit is dead.
    So according to your logic a disembodied spirit would be alive I guess.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    Does God have a celestial body?

malcolm ferris
    Participant

You tell me, I read that he is an invisible spirit

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    I do not mean to offend but does not your logic lead to the conclusion that God is dead?

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Then how is He called the Living God? :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    I think I understand you.
    Do you believe God has a celestial body but it is invisible to us?
    Do you speak of 'spirit' as equivalent to 'soul' in reference to man?

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 04 2006,06:25)
    Hi Malcolm,
    I think I understand you.
    Do you believe God has a celestial body but it is invisible to us?
    Do you speak of 'spirit' as equivalent to 'soul' in reference to man?

The words spirit and soul can be confused, I believe that the soul is the nature of the spirit. The soul is like a seed containing life, the life must be the Spirit of God in order for the soul to be a son of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi  Malcolm,
    I agree that scripture sometimes seem to use spirit for soul, perhaps influenced by local cultural usage, but it may be me that needs more understanding.

There is surely meant to be a difference would you agree?
    Heb 4.12
    “For the word of God is alive and active and sharper than any two edged sword, and piecing as far as the division of soul and spirit…”

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Agreed

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    James told us that the body without the spirit is dead. We know that the spirit of a man returns to God who gave it.

When Jesus died scripture says in Matt 27.50

“And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and yielded up his spirit”

So surely this is the natural spirit, the breath of God he too shared as man. But his body did not return to dust and he did not sleep in Sheol.
    Other verses;
    Eccles 12.7
    “then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it”
    Eccles 3.20 adds
    “..All come from the dust and all return to the dust. Who knows that the breath of man ascends upwards and the breath of the beast descends downwards to the earth..?”

Yet we also know from the psalms that at least prior to Christ the soul of man goes to sleep in Sheol. Ecclesiastes seems to speak only of man as dust enlivened by God's breath, but the whole book seems to concentrate on physical man.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 355 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account