Ancient Syriac Documents

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 15 2011,19:43)

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 16 2011,12:29)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 16 2011,10:49)
    Hi Shimmer,

This is a non-canonical thread; please take it as such.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

I dont quite get what you mean, Ed?

Hi Shimmer,

canonical: in the list of biblical books officially accepted as genuine

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Hi Shimmer,

What Ed is pointing out is that this particular thread IS about extra-Biblical commentaries, and not the cannonized scriptures themselves.

And that is why Kathi is posting extra-Biblical commentaries here. :)

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 15 2011,20:25)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 16 2011,09:51)
    This Ezekial verse is for the group here that denies the deity AND divine Sonship of Christ, they are the ones that are guilty of 'paining the righteous' that believe in the deity of Christ.  They do not correct the ones that do not believe in the deity of Christ but instead attempt to fight their battles so then strengthening the hands of the wicked.

You are keeping the wicked from turning from their destruction by siding and encouraging those who do not believe in the deity and divine Sonship of Christ.

Its as if you believe, that because you have come across your own belief in who God and Jesus is, then thats why a few people, here, are upset with you. Do you ever wonder that maybe its things you have done wrong? No-one here is denying the Lord. Perhaps, you should be talking to others. You are in the wrong place.

Jesus is more than a Man, because only he came down from heaven and lived among us. His words take precedence over all others. Jesus was not the Father. Jesus told us the summary of all the commandments, and that is to love God the Father with all our Heart and Mind and Body and Spirit. And the number two commandment is to love your neighbour as yourself. Jesus is in his people through his Spirit. So whatever you do to them, you do to him.

Did you know, that when the Father starts to work in your life, you are filled with the Spirit? And that through the Spirit, you are able to percieve what Scriptures mean because they talk to you personally? And that when filled with the Spirit, your heart breaks when you see people persecuted, abused, harmed, sad, grieving, or victims of war, in other words, with the Spirit of God, you truly do love your neighbour as yourself and will do anything for them. You see the world through different eyes, and your neighbour is the stranger, or the one you hardly know.

And that through experience, you learn what seperates you from God. And that is sin, being misled, and not listening to what God is saying. But as I said, no-one here is denying Christ, and maybe you should be where they are. The healthy have no need of a physician.

Shimmer you got your commandment wrong, the word 'Father' is not written in it.

Mark 12:30 AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.'

No-one here is denying the Lord.

21“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22“Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23“And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

There are several in the Believer's section that deny the deity of Christ. If there were no need of a physician here then there would be unity in the belief that Christ is deity with His Father.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 15 2011,20:04)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 14 2011,23:38)
    Mike,

Kathi, can you show me any SCRIPTURAL evidence, proof, or even an inkling that Satan is less than a real, bonafide god?

'
    Seriously, Mike, you think that satan is a real bonafide god now?  Wow, I'll bet your 'bonafide god' is ready to give you and the peanut gallery that follow you some party hats.  This is what happens to your bonafide god, Mike:

…and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where [are] the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night — to the ages of the ages. (Rev. 20:10, Young's Literal Translation.)

Does that sound like the party you want to go and take your buddies to?

There are no created gods, Mike.  All that might go by the title 'gods' did not start out as 'gods' by nature.  They exalted themselves or were exalted in the minds of others but never created to be legitimate gods by our Creator.  Everything that God created was good.

Hi Kathi,

I'll take your post as, “NO Mike.  There is NO scripture in the entire Bible that would indicate that Satan was anything less that what he was called, both by Jehovah and by the Apostle Paul……………..a god.”

Now, have you thought about the title “God MOST HIGH” yet?  If there was truly only ONE god in existence, why the title “God Most High“?  Or “God Almighty“?  Or “God of gods?

You are missing a part of the scriptural puzzle here Kathi.  You won't be able to complete it without ALL the pieces we've been given.  (Check under your table.  Sometimes puzzle pieces fall to the floor unnoticed.  :) )

peace,
    mike

Mike,
    Many can be called gods because someone or something is being worshiped. That is not by God's design, he is against this.

shimmer
    Participant

Ed, Mike, in regards to your posts, I do know that. I just didnt know what was meant by “please take it as such” Never mind. I do now.

shimmer
    Participant

Second attempt. Please delete the first one.

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 16 2011,16:34)
    21“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22“Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23“And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”  And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.  This is the great and first commandment.  And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.  On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets.”

you got your commandment wrong, the word 'Father' is not written in it.

Kathi, though not written, it is obvious who Jesus was meaning. I didnt think you were being serious, but just in case you are, here are just a few verses;

John 8:19,42,54.

“You know neither me nor my Father; if you knew me, you would know my Father also.”… “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of my own accord, but he sent me.”… “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing; it is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say that he is your God“.

John 13:3

Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he had come from God and was going to God.

John 20:17

“Do not hold me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God“.

1 Corinthians 8:6

For us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

Ephesians 4:6

One God and Father of us all, who is above all and through all and in all.

1 Peter 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!

There are several in the Believer's section that deny the deity of Christ.

1st John 2:22

Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is the antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.

Kathi, who here is denying that Jesus is the Christ, or that Jesus is the Son?

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 16 2011,14:50)

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 16 2011,19:31)

terraricca,Aug. wrote:

shimmer

thanks and also thanks for Luke 24-39 what you made come to the attention to Mike and mike to me ,

Pierre

Terra, thats ok. But Luke what? You only had 24-39. What was the Chapter?

shimmer

Luke Chap24 -verse 39

Pierre

Terra, not I but God revealed that to you. Bless you.

shimmer
    Participant

Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”  And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.  This is the great and first commandment.  And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.  On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets.”

The uniting word between the two is the word love.

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 15 2011,20:14)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 15 2011,16:07)
    Hi All

WJ asked Peirre…

Do you believe in the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit?

Perre said…

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 15 2011,15:40)
    WJ

yes I did answer that question

I do not believe

Wow Keith!

I would expect that kind of crap from Jack.  Perhaps he is wearing off on you more than we all realized?

I remember you lambasting Ed for doing this in a way less manipulative manner than you've just done.

Please don't do that anymore, okay?

Mike

The rest of his post is in the quote, so what are you talking about.

I am merely highlighting what he said and asking him to clarify it.

Do you understand his answer when he said “I do not believe”

And then went to explain something that didn't make sense with his first few words.

I did nothing wrong and I did not leave out his words in my quote.

So I would expect as a moderator that you would have seen his answer and would mediate instead of attack and accuse me.

WJ

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 15 2011,17:47)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 16 2011,10:07)

Hi All

WJ asked Peirre…

Perre said…

WJ

I do not believe

That was a complete misrepresentation!

Heres the rest of what Terrarica said in case you are blind!

I KNOW THAT GOD EXIST AND THAT HE HAS A SON CALLED JESUS CHRIST AND ALSO THE WORD OF GOD,

AND I DO UNDERSTAND THAT GODS SPIRIT HIS HOLY AND TRUTH

AND THAT I WILL NOT GO TO WORK AGAINST HIS HOLY TRUE SPIRIT OF TRUTH.

this is the second time i answer your question

Shimmer

OK then that means that Peirre does believe in a “trinity” is that right?

There is no in between in my question.

His answer was not clear. If it was can you tell me what you think Pierre means when he said “I do not believe” and then gives an explanation that doesn't make sense or agree with those words?

Then I asked him to clarify what he meant by the words “I do not believe”.

Do you guys have anything to add to debate here other than constant attacks and insults?

WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 16 2011,06:24)

Kathi, though not written, it is obvious who Jesus was meaning. I didnt think you were being serious, but just in case you are, here are just a few verses;

“You know neither me nor my Father; if you knew me, you would know my Father also.”… “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of my own accord, but he sent me.”… “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing; it is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say that he is your God“.

Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he had come from God and was going to God.

“Do not hold me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God“.

For us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is the antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.

Kathi, who here is denying that Jesus is the Christ, or that Jesus is the Son? Islam denies the Son. None up here deny that Jesus is the Son or Jesus is the Christ.

Shimmer,
    You would be correct that the first commandment is about the Father if Jehovah our God were only God and not God AND Lord. Read your own verses to find out who the one Lord for us is and then you will know who Jehovah is for He is both God AND Lord…

Many here deny that Jehovah, our creator is both God AND Lord, two persons, even though they say that Jesus is the Son and Christ, they do not know that He is the Lord Almighty and so deny who He is as the Son.

If they knew that He was Lord Almighty, they would never say that He was created but instead say that He was creator, He and His Father.

Also, you are correct… love is the common word between the two commandments and you would do well to learn about what love is. That might help you do the will of your Father so that He will not say “Depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.”

http://biblebrowser.com/1_corinthians/13-4.htm

Sorry Kathi

Back on topic!

WJ

princess
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 17 2011,01:20)

Hi All

WJ asked Peirre…

Perre said…

WJ

I do not believe

I KNOW THAT GOD EXIST AND THAT HE HAS A SON CALLED JESUS CHRIST AND ALSO THE WORD OF GOD,

Shimmer

His answer was not clear. If it was can you tell me what you think Pierre means when he said “I do not believe” and then gives an explanation that doesn't make sense or agree with those words?

Do you guys have anything to add to debate here other than constant attacks and insults?

WJ

Let's play Kathi,

Do you mean trinity as godheads that should be worship equally or do you mean belief of Father, Son and Spirit. without defining what each is?

princess
    Participant

another question WJ, what do you by persons?

Quote (princess @ Aug. 16 2011,13:07)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 17 2011,01:20)

Hi All

WJ asked Peirre…

Perre said…

WJ

I do not believe

Shimmer

WJ

Let's play Kathi,

Do you mean trinity as godheads that should be worship equally or do you mean belief of Father, Son and Spirit. without defining what each is?

Princess

It doesn't matter. If you believe in the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit as sharing a singular name (Matt 28:19) then you believe in a trinity.

Please take this discussion to This thread!

WJ

princess
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Aug. 17 2011,05:08)

WJ,

Are you taking both questions over to the thread or just one, let me know, I do not want to upset how or where you want them placed, no need to get you in an uproar again, the last one was enough.

princess
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 17 2011,02:08)

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 16 2011,06:24)

Kathi, who here is denying that Jesus is the Christ, or that Jesus is the Son? Islam denies the Son. None up here deny that Jesus is the Son or Jesus is the Christ.

Shimmer,
    You would be correct that the first commandment is about the Father if Jehovah our God were only God and not God AND Lord.  Read your own verses to find out who the one Lord for us is and then you will know who Jehovah is for He is both God AND Lord…

Many here deny that Jehovah, our creator is both God AND Lord, two persons, even though they say that Jesus is the Son and Christ, they do not know that He is the Lord Almighty and so deny who He is as the Son.

If they knew that He was Lord Almighty, they would never say that He was created but instead say that He was creator, He and His Father.

Also, you are correct… love is the common word between the two commandments and you would do well to learn about what love is.  That might help you do the will of your Father so that He will not say “Depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.”

http://biblebrowser.com/1_corinthians/13-4.htm

Kathi,

So you and your gods, in compound unity have come to this understanding……….do you and your gods have a sense of humor day, if not today should be the day telling Kar what love is………….

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 15 2011,14:44)

yes I did answer that question I do not believe ;I KNOW THAT GOD EXIST AND THAT HE HAS A SON CALLED JESUS CHRIST AND ALSO THE WORD OF GOD,

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 16 2011,11:29)

Hi All

WJ asked Peirre…

Perre said…

WJ

I do not believe…

Peirre does this mean you do not believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit?

It is just a yes or no question, there is no need to muddy it up with confusion.

WJ

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 16 2011,11:29)

Mike

The rest of his post is in the quote, so what are you talking about.

I am merely highlighting what he said and asking him to clarify it.

Do you understand his answer when he said “I do not believe”

And then went to explain something that didn't make sense with his first few words.

I did nothing wrong and I did not leave out his words in my quote.

So I would expect as a moderator that you would have seen his answer and would mediate instead of attack and accuse me.

WJ

Where?

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 17 2011,03:16)
    Sorry Kathi

Back on topic!

WJ

Ha ha, thats a good one!

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 17 2011,03:08)
    Shimmer,
    You would be correct that the first commandment is about the Father if Jehovah our God were only God and not God AND Lord.  Read your own verses to find out who the one Lord for us is and then you will know who Jehovah is for He is both God AND Lord…

Kathi, with this one, I think I'll take my Mothers advice,

Ok, here goes …..

aye?

Ok, back to me. Sorry, just a gibberish to me that I cant understand, as happened with the Quran, the Book of Morman, etc.

Also, you are correct… love is the common word between the two commandments and you would do well to learn about what love is.  That might help you do the will of your Father so that He will not say “Depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.”

God has already shown me what love is. Thanks. But certain ones have snuck in unaware. I'll soon get back.

When I see a bully picking on a child, I dont love none the less, there is always a reason, but I hate what the bully is doing.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 17 2011,03:08)

As I said a few pages back:

Did you know, that when the Father starts to work in your life, you are filled with the Spirit? And that through the Spirit, you are able to percieve what Scriptures mean because they talk to you personally? And that when filled with the Spirit, your heart breaks when you see people persecuted, abused, harmed, sad, grieving, or victims of war, in other words, with the Spirit of God, you truly do love your neighbour as yourself and will do anything for them. You see the world through different eyes, and your neighbour is the stranger, or the one you hardly know.

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account