Ancient Syriac Documents

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 12 2011,20:01)
    Pierre,
    Third post down.

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….9;st=10

Kathi

those scriptures do not support your comment,

so you are making those ideas up as you go,if it is not supported by scriptures then it is a lie,

2Pe 1:5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;
    2Pe 1:6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;
    2Pe 1:7 and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.
    2Pe 1:8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

see if you mis them;;
    2Pe 1:9 But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.

2Pe 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.
    2Pe 2:2 Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
    2Pe 2:3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

so Kathi,if you can not show scriptures that was part of Christ or his apostles then what Peter writes is true for you

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Here Pierre,
    Something Peter hopes for you:

2 Peter 1:2 NAS
    Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord ;

Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 12 2011,20:57)
    Here Pierre,
    Something Peter hopes for you:

2 Peter 1:2 NAS
    Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord ;

Kathi

Kathi

thank you ,

you can see that the true knowledge of God is important because he is the cause of our Lord Jesus Christ our Lord,

and to understand that their is no duality,or equality,they are quoted by his disciples separately most of the time to show that one is depending on the other ,and we know from scriptures that Jesus Christ received his tittle from God his father so this shows that the son is depending on the father ,

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    The verse shows a unity. Not only is Peter asking for grace and peace to be multiplied to believers in the knowledge of God but ALSO of Jesus our Lord. Peter puts the two names together and each name has equal importance. That is prevalent throughout the NT.
    Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 12 2011,22:49)
    Pierre,
    The verse shows a unity.  Not only is Peter asking for grace and peace to be multiplied to believers in the knowledge of God but ALSO of Jesus our Lord.  Peter puts the two names together and each name has equal importance.  That is prevalent throughout the NT.
    Kathi

Kathi

God is supreme God no other God above,

Christ all what he received is from God his father ,so there could not be equality between a giver and a receiver,the giver is always higher,

and so it is with God the father of Christ who is supreme over all Gods creation,because God his father as given all things to him ,to rule,and to love as he loves ,

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,

Can you tell me why you believe a compound unity can't have one greater and one lessor within it? Can you tell me why you believe a compound unity can't have one that gives things to another?

Kathi

princess
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 12 2011,09:24)

I don't think that kindergartners would have too hard of a time understanding the unity of the Father and the Son. Many of them understand the idea of family as a unity. The idea of two becoming one describes their parents but may be hard for them to understand since so many of their parents split up, unfortunately.

Religous platitude.

Pastry
    Participant

Kathi! Reading this, I add this. Even the Family should have a head. Like this Scripture states

1Cr 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.

The unity is that Jesus believes what God teaches Him and does what He wants Him to do and did…

Peace and Love Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 12 2011,23:15)
    Pierre,

Can you tell me why you believe a compound unity can't have one greater and one lessor within it?  Can you tell me why you believe a compound unity can't have one that gives things to another?

Kathi

Kathi

Dt 10:17 For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.
    Ps 136:2 Give thanks to the God of gods.
    His love endures forever.
    Da 2:47 The king said to Daniel, “Surely your God is the God of gods and the Lord of kings and a revealer of mysteries, for you were able to reveal this mystery.”

Da 11:36 “The king will do as he pleases. He will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will say unheard-of things against the God of gods. He will be successful until the time of wrath is completed, for what has been determined must take place.

Ro 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.

Col 2:18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you for the prize. Such a person goes into great detail about what he has seen, and his unspiritual mind puffs him up with idle notions.

Heb 12:28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,

I hope you can see that all is of God ;was ,is and will be

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    The great God that you write about is both God and Lord…Father and Son.
    Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 13 2011,14:04)
    Pierre,
    The great God that you write about is both God and Lord…Father and Son.
    Kathi

Kathi

your remark is your opinion but that is not what is written

sorry you have to do better than that

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    You put the scripture in your post and do not even understand the significance.

Dt 10:17 For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.

1Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good,
    For His lovingkindness is everlasting.

2Give thanks to the God of gods,

3Give thanks to the Lord of lords,

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 13 2011,22:39)
    Pierre,
    You put the scripture in your post and do not even understand the significance.

1Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good,

2Give thanks to the God of gods,

3Give thanks to the Lord of lords,

Kathi

commentary of NIV

Dt;17-22 The majestic sovereignty of the Lord is portrayed by the names ascribed to him as well as by the characteristics and acts attributed to him. “God of gods” and “Lord of lords” are Hebrew superlatives. The designations do not suggest that there are in reality other divine gods or lords over whom God rules. Rather, as God and Lord he is supreme over all. As the great, mighty, and awesome One, the Lord performed the “great and awesome wonders” that the people had seen with their own eyes. The majesty of the Lord extends to righteous behavior, showing no partiality, accepting no bribes. He defends the fatherless and the widows and loves the aliens, giving them food and clothing. The people were to be like the Lord; they too were to love aliens, for they had been aliens in Egypt.
    Not only were the people to reverence and worship the Lord, they were also to hold fast to him and make oaths only in his name. Moreover, the Lord was to be the object of their praise because he had brought up out of Egypt the descendants of the seventy (Ge 46:27; Ex 1:5), who, while there, had become “as numerous as the stars in the sky.” In contrast to the few who went down into Egypt with Jacob, this generation had become numerous indeed.

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    Who wrote that commentary, what is your source? I'll bet the writer believes in the unity of the Father and the Son and writes through that perspective. His point is that Jehovah is both God and Lord and there really aren't any other divine gods or lords that Jehovah rules over. All other gods or lords are not divine at all and were not involved in creation…they will perish.

Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 11 2011,20:25)
    God is a God spirit being…angels are angel spirit beings…the Son of God is a God spirit being.  One God spirit being begat another God spirit being.  One God spirit being did not begat Himself but another God spirit being.

Two points:

1.  Then Satan must ALSO be a “God Spirit Being” right?  Because Jehovah and Paul both call him a God, right?

2.  Nevermind #1, because what you teach is that we have TWO Gods.  You are a polytheist Kathi.  

Those of us who accept Jesus as the Son of God who God Himself sent as a savior recognize that anyone who worships Jesus has TWO GODS.  At least you are honest enough to stand up and say, “THAT'S RIGHT!  THERE ARE TWO GODS WHO CREATED ME AND TWO GODS THAT I WORSHIP!”  

IMO, that is a far cry better than those pesky Trinitarians who actually believe exactly what you believe, but idiotically try to “meld” those TWO GODS into one so they can consider themselves monotheists, in keeping with the teachings of the scriptures.

So KUDOS to you, girl!  Way to take your stand and proudly admit to all that you have TWO GODS – no matter how unscriptural that belief is.  At least you're not cowering under the monotheistic teachings of the scriptures and trying to force those TWO GODS into ONE GOD, like the trinni's do.  

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 14 2011,09:43)
    Pierre,
    Who wrote that commentary, what is your source?  I'll bet the writer believes in the unity of the Father and the Son and writes through that perspective.  His point is that Jehovah is both God and Lord and there really aren't any other divine gods or lords that Jehovah rules over.  All other gods or lords are not divine at all and were not involved in creation…they will perish.

Kathi

Kathi

but Christ the son was created

so there is only one God,

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    What was your source?
    Also, the Son was begotten, not created.
    Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    Jack, Keith and I believe in the compound unity of more than one person, with each person being deity.

Satan is not a God spirit being.  He is an angel spirit being that made himself a god, not by nature but by arrogance.  If anyone calls satan a god it would only be that he has wrongfully exalted himself making himself out to be like the most high.

Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 14 2011,22:00)
    Pierre,
    What was your source?
    Also, the Son was begotten, not created.
    Kathi

Kathi

Col 1:10 And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,
    Col 1:11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully
    Col 1:12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.
    Col 1:13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,
    Col 1:14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

The Supremacy of Christ

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
    Col 1:19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,

Pr 8:22 “The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works,
    before his deeds of old;
    Pr 8:23 I was appointed from eternity,
    from the beginning, before the world began.
    Pr 8:24 When there were no oceans, I was given birth,
    when there were no springs abounding with water;
    Pr 8:25 before the mountains were settled in place,
    before the hills, I was given birth,
    Pr 8:26 before he made the earth or its fields
    or any of the dust of the world.
    Pr 8:27 I was there when he set the heavens in place,
    when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,
    Pr 8:28 when he established the clouds above
    and fixed securely the fountains of the deep,
    Pr 8:29 when he gave the sea its boundary
    so the waters would not overstep his command,
    and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.
    Pr 8:30 Then I was the craftsman at his side.
    I was filled with delight day after day,
    rejoicing always in his presence,
    Pr 8:31 rejoicing in his whole world
    and delighting in mankind.

Jn 1:30 This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    In order to be given birth, one has to exist before birth…that is elementary. Birth is not the same as creation. Did you know that half of the 46 chromosomes that made you were in your mother from her birth, several years before you were even conceived?

Kathi

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account