An invitation to chat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 192 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Feb. 12 2007,23:54)
    Ken,
    It actually got up near freezing today but I think I'll wait a while longer to take a ride (all that ice and snow is now slop). I've been riding motorcycles since I was 15. They're a great way to spend time alone with God admiring His handywork.

What kinda bike do you have? I've had Benelli, Bultaco, Kawasakis, Yamahas, Hondas, but I bought a Harley last summer (used), I always wanted one, I was impressed they're a lot nicer then I would have thought (I always liked the sound). I can't stand to ride my Honda anymore.

Hope you had a great ride and thought of me driving through this white stuff

Wm

Wm,

I have a Yamaha V Star 1100. I take it out on the hwy most of the time as you said to enjoy God's handy work.

Are you sorry you didn't buy a Harley first? They are expensive! I know people that have Harleys and have heard that the repair bills are way out of this world and the parts are very expensive. It's nothing to drop 1k at a dealer. But there is no other than a Harley, the sound and power. How's the ride. Everyone I know says that Harley has fixed the oil leaks. Is that true?

Believe it or not I didn't go out today with the bike a fauset started leaking so I fixed that and by the time I had finished the sky became overcast. So I said another day probably next week as the weather changes down here from rain to cold to warmer again.
    We used to see a lot of Hell's Angels down here (like ducks) south for the winter LOL! But I haven't seen them in years.

Hey send your Honda down here I'll ride it for you! :D

seekingtruth
    Participant

Ken,
    They seem to have fixed the leaks (haven't seen one yet). Mine's a 1998 and had 6000 miles when I got it, I added 2800 more in just a couple of months. Only broke a throttle cable, the part cost wasn't that bad, swapped it out myself in less then an hour. The ride is what I love most (though the soft rumble is a close second).

How many stamps do I put on the Honda to get it from MI to LA???

Wm

kenrch
    Participant

Hey Wm what kind of Harley do you have, an Electraglide? Because all the Harley owners I know say the ride is bad compared to a rice burner. I know the Yamaha I have fires like a dream. What i don't like about Jap bikes is that the transmission is in the crankcase and it SINGS. I have tried putting heaver oil in the engine which last about 20 miles before she starts singing again :angry: :) . But like life we have to take the bad with the good.

We had a storm pass through last night. Some houses were damaged probably a small tornado. But NOT my house praise God. Anyway I'm hoping for the calm after the storm. All this talk has got my throttle hand itching :D

That is'nt a Honda cub; is it? :D

seekingtruth
    Participant

A sportster and while my Harley does have more vibration then your Yamaha, it's the sit and feel that I like. Of course the forward controls make quite a bit of the difference between feeling like your seated, compared to feeling like your squatting.

Shadow, sorry I tried to get it in the mailbox but wouldn't fit.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Feb. 13 2007,20:44)
    A sportster and while my Harley does have more vibration then your Yamaha, it's the sit and feel that I like. Of course the forward controls make quite a bit of the difference between feeling like your seated, compared to feeling like your squatting.

Shadow, sorry I tried to get it in the mailbox but wouldn't fit.

Wm,

Is that a 1200 or 750 Shadow. I was told that Harley had vastly improved the vibration because of the motor mounts.

I put a custom seat on my Yam which makes me recline, it's very confortable.

To one it is the sound and feel to others it is the ride and comfort let each be convienced in his own mind. For one rides because he chooses the difference between the two but all ride for the joy.

An automobile moves the body. A motorcycle moves the spirit!

Ken

Proclaimer
    Participant

On the subject of bikes, has anyone heard of a Britten Bike?

An engineer called John Britten (an absolute genius) designed and built a world-record-setting motorcycle with innovative features which were years ahead of it's time. He built and designed the bike in his backyard shed from scratch. He created an entirely new fabrication system using kevlar and carbon fibre, and designed the complete engine, making the patterns for casting himself. His bike actually came first in Daytona in 1992 I think.

http://www.nzedge.com/heroes/britten.html

In a poll compiled by the world’s leading motorcycle writers to rank the Motorcyclist of the Millennium, John Britten was placed equal with the four founders of Harley Davidson. Guggenheim curator Ultan Guilfoyle, places Britten, as “the New Zealander who stood the world of racing-motorcycle design on its head.” He says Britten was, among his best three exemplars of bike design and he lauds the V1000 as “perhaps the most influential racing motorcycle of the Nineties.” Variously described as state-of-the-art, novel, avant-garde, revolutionary, exotic, innovative, unique, as much an “organic thing of beauty” as a race-winning machine – the V1000 stormed the international circuit. It broke world speed records, and leaving the factory-built Ducatis and Hondas behind the blurred brilliance of its sleek aerodynamics.

“It’s the world’s most advanced motorcycle, and it’s not from Japan, Germany, Italy or America.” proclaimed the cover of American motorcycle magazine Cycle World.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 14 2007,20:49)
    On the subject of bikes, has anyone heard of a Britten Bike?

An engineer called John Britten (an absolute genius) designed and built a world-record-setting motorcycle with innovative features which were years ahead of it's time. He built and designed the bike in his backyard shed from scratch. He created an entirely new fabrication system using kevlar and carbon fibre, and designed the complete engine, making the patterns for casting himself. His bike actually came first in Daytona in 1992 I think.

http://www.nzedge.com/heroes/britten.html

In a poll compiled by the world’s leading motorcycle writers to rank the Motorcyclist of the Millennium, John Britten was placed equal with the four founders of Harley Davidson. Guggenheim curator Ultan Guilfoyle, places Britten, as “the New Zealander who stood the world of racing-motorcycle design on its head.”  He says Britten was, among his best three exemplars of bike design and he lauds the V1000 as “perhaps the most influential racing motorcycle of the Nineties.” Variously described as state-of-the-art, novel, avant-garde, revolutionary, exotic, innovative, unique, as much an “organic thing of beauty” as a race-winning machine – the V1000 stormed the international circuit.  It broke world speed records, and leaving the factory-built Ducatis and Hondas behind the blurred brilliance of its sleek aerodynamics.  

“It’s the world’s most advanced motorcycle, and it’s not from Japan, Germany, Italy or America.” proclaimed the cover of American motorcycle magazine Cycle World.

Oh yeah I remember him. But I never did like the way “Racers” look. They look like their not quite finished :)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Too aerofoil and not enough style?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 15 2007,01:32)
    Too aerofoil and not enough style?

Yeah I guess I'm just too old and set in my way as far as motorcycles go.  For example Honda use to have an electric starter and a kick starter.  If the battery went down you could still start it via the kick starter.  Never did understand why they stopped putting the kick starter on the bike.

I like to get on the motorcycle and cruse and notice the sites, smell the roses not go 200 mph where everything is a blur. That's for the track.  
    I will never forget:  I was doing about 60 on an expressway when two lanes over there was a “speed racer” on a “rice rocket”.  He looked back then pulled a wheely and on one wheel started passing everyone.  Like I said a racer should be on the track and not on the street.  Everytime there is a motorcycle accident 99% of the time it is a “rice rocket” and never does the “pilot” survive.  Sad!  What a waste of life that Jesus died for!

Dianalevich
    Participant

God does work in mysterious ways – a few years ago I posted an invite to our chat room and I just wanted to let you all know that invite is still valid. One of your members Phoenix has been visiting recently and has turned out to be such a blessing – Praise God for He alone is Good!:D

Phoenix
    Participant

HEHE

*bows*

Hugs
    Phoenix

Is 1:18
    Participant

He he….don't let it go to your head Phoenix….

:D

Phoenix
    Participant

LOL I wont. But its a great place to chat.

Hugs
    Phoenix

Phoenix
    Participant

Anyone coming to Happy Jesus Day Chat. its nearing 9pm EST now if you are interested. Di and Chris are usually a little late though.. I usually forget till about 5.30pm my time… it is now going on 3pm. But I have to go get the kiddies in a bit but I will be there.

See you all there

Hugs
    Phoenix

Not3in1
    Participant

t8 and Nick, thanks for sharing about NZ – all the pics and videos. I read the entire thread! Now I feel like I know you all better. :)

Is there a religion that is dominant in NZ?

NickHassan
    Participant

rugby

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 30 2007,21:52)
    rugby

:laugh: :D :)

Not3in1
    Participant

Nick, you crack me up! You and t8 have a great sense of humor. In one of t8's posts he said, “And this post was brought to you by the number five.” I laughed all day at that. He must have a small child in the house – or he's a big kid! Ha!

Proclaimer
    Participant

He he.

Yeah I have a small kid. 17 months.

I am a big kid too.

:)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes Rugby (and Yachting) are major religions here.

We actually have a lot of atheists in New Zealand, but I think that there are still more who believe in God and Jesus than not.

We have a great National Anthem. Especially good when you consider that we are the utmost part of the world from Jerusalem.

Here are the words:

God Defend New Zealand

1. God of nations at thy feet
    in the bonds of love we meet.
    Hear our voices, we entreat,
    God defend our free land.
    Guard Pacific's triple star
    From the shafts of strife and war,
    Make her praises heard afar,
    God defend New Zealand.
    2. Men of every creed and race
    Gather here before thy face,
    Asking thee to bless this place,
    From dissension, envy, hate,
    And corruption guard our state,
    Make our country good and great,
    God defend New Zealand.
    3. Peace, not war, shall be our boast,
    But, should foes assail our coast,
    Make us then a mighty host,
    Lord of battles in thy might,
    Put our enemies to flight,
    Let our cause be just and right,
    God defend New Zealand.
    4. Let our love for Thee increase,
    May thy blessings never cease,
    Give us plenty, give us peace,
    From dishonour and from shame
    Guard our country's spotless name,
    Crown her with immortal fame,
    God defend New Zealand.
    5. May our mountains ever be
    Freedom's ramparts on the sea,
    Make us faithful unto thee,
    Guide her in the nation's van,
    Preaching love and truth to man,
    Working out thy glorious plan.
    God defend New Zealand.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 192 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account