An invitation to chat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 192 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

What is greater than God, and more evil than the devil? What do the poor have and the rich need?

I googled or looked up “nothing” on the internet.

Do you know what I found? Nothing.

I found what I was looking for and I found lots of it.

I didn’t expect to find anything. I expected to find nothing.

And I did. The internet has everything, including “nothing.”

Sorry, I'm kind of tired, and it's late. I should go. I'm now going to spend some time researching “nothing.”

Cubes
    Participant

Hi David,

When you finish your research, tell me nothing.

:D

kenrch
    Participant

I may show my age but there was a SONG THAT WENT “NOTHING FROM NOTHING LEAVES NOTHING!” :D

seekingtruth
    Participant

Hi David,
    Getting ready to go to Disney world yet?

david
    Participant

Hi David,
    Getting ready to go to Disney world yet?

I keep pushing it off. We are now planning on going next winter, not this one. Why do you ask?

seekingtruth
    Participant

We leave 3 weeks from this Friday and I happen to remember your saying that you were going.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Is not your involvement in a forum such as this frowned upon by the JW powers that be?

david
    Participant

The internet is a dangerous place Nick. We are cautioned against many things, and rightly so. The main concern with something like this, is that apostates are very vocal. They form websites with anti-JW propaganda, mixures of lies with some truth. Speaking with interested ones about the Bible and telling people the wonderful hope we have (something I haven't done a lot of on here) is not condemned. It's having conversations with people who have taken an active destructive position against Jehovah's organization. Of course, when we talk to someone on here, we don't really know who they are. And there have been a few people on here (Soxan, and that Sem guy) who only seem to be able to put down links to anit_JW websites, and not actually discuss the Bible. They are not interested in the truth. Speaking with those people are frowned upon, as you say. It is futile.
    As well, interfaith is of course not Biblical. The idea that this website is the official NDNT Chruch, the church of non-denominationalistic non-trinitarianism, is something that bothers me. When ever things like group prayers are mentioned, or the idea that we are all one big group of believers, (when really there are divisions everywhere, and we are just different people with different ideas trying to share) I get a little antsy.

Satan is the ruler of this world. The internet connects the world to everyone. It brings the good and the bad. We have great reason to be cautious as serpents, innocent as doves.

Coincidental to your question, Just a moment ago, I sought out this chatroom forum to tell you and others that in a week or so, my use of this site may be greatly limited, as my job situation is changing somewhat drastically. I don't know how long that will last, but for a time, I certainly won't be on here as much.

david

david
    Participant

Oh, just to clear up what I said, the Bible specifically condemns contact with apostates. Because of the nature of this forum and because the internet seems to be filled with JW apostates, one has to be extremely careful.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    JW apostates are free men able to find salvation in the Son. Why not join them as the witnesses do not offer you that sure hope?

david
    Participant

So, you're saying that those who have made it their aim to oppose Jehovah's Witnesses are the ones that have a “sure hope.” Nick, these ones have the least hope, of anyone. Their only goal is to turn men away from Jehovah. The Bible speaks of apostates in a much different light then you do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Following blind men only makes you fall into the same pit.
    You know the bible and can walk on your own without your hand being held so be brave and come out of her.

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 27 2006,10:49)
    Coincidental to your question, Just a moment ago, I sought out this chatroom forum to tell you and others that in a week or so, my use of this site may be greatly limited, as my job situation is changing somewhat drastically.  I don't know how long that will last, but for a time, I certainly won't be on here as much.  

david

What do you do, David?
    Will miss seeing you, for sure.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Same here.

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 27 2006,00:49)
    Coincidental to your question, Just a moment ago, I sought out this chatroom forum to tell you and others that in a week or so, my use of this site may be greatly limited, as my job situation is changing somewhat drastically.  I don't know how long that will last, but for a time, I certainly won't be on here as much.  

david

I will miss you (for the most part, lol) hope all goes well.

david
    Participant

Ok, I'm not LEAVING the planet, or dying. I'm just most likely going to be greatly taxed for time, and I feel this will be something that suffers as a consequence.

But thanks for the words.

Debra
    Participant

Hi just thought I'd check out the rest of the site, and found the chatroom. Although I'm new to the forum I feel as though I have a relationship with all of you.
    Thank you for your precious words of wisdom and teaching, I'm so exited to have found you all.
    I live in a beautiful part of Melbourne, The Dandenong Ranges, a place called Belgrave. A small community. I go to an Anglican church, and we have a female pastor. I am passionate about womens issues within the body, but am limited in knowledge of scripture so appreciate any correction anyone can offer when posting.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I went to the Dandenongs once and loved it. It is very beautiful there. I think it is where “Man from snowy river” was filmed.

Heres a pic of Melbourne. I liked it there too.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I come from Wellington NZ

Here's a pic:

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 28 2006,22:45)
    Ok, I'm not LEAVING the planet, or dying. I'm just most likely going to be greatly taxed for time, and I feel this will be something that suffers as a consequence.

But thanks for the words.

Oh!

In that case welcome back.

:)

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 192 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account