America in Biblical Prophecy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    acertainchap
    Participant

Is America the Unnamed Nation in Isaiah 18?

Is America “The Young Lions of Tarshish?”

Ezekiel 38:10-12 (New Life Version)

10 'The Lord God says, “On that day, thoughts will come into your mind, and you will make a sinful plan. 11 You will say, 'I will go up against the open country, where people are quiet and live in peace. They live in villages without walls and have no iron pieces or gates.' 12 You will go to rob the land and fight in the waste places where people now live. You will go up against the people who were gathered from the nations and are rich with cattle and good things and who live at the center of the land.

Isaiah 18

1 Trouble will come to the land on the other side of the rivers of Cush where the sound of wings is heard. 2 From that land men are sent by the sea in boats made from tall river-grass. Go, you fast men, to a nation tall and smooth, to a people who fill others with fear both near and far. Go to the powerful nation that rules over those who hate it, whose land is divided by rivers. 3 All you people of the world, you who live on the earth, as soon as a flag is raised on the mountain, you will see it. As soon as the horn is sounded, you will hear it. 4 For the Lord has said to me, “I will be quiet and watch from the place where I live, like shining heat in the sunshine, like a cloud of fog in the heat of gathering time.” 5 For before the gathering time, as soon as the bud blossoms and the grape is ready to eat, He will cut off the new branches with knives and will cut away the spreading branches. 6 They will be left for the birds of the mountains and for the wild animals of the earth. The birds will spend the summer eating them. And all the wild animals of the earth will eat them during the winter. 7 At that time tall people with smooth skin will bring gifts to the Lord of All. These people make others afraid both near and far. They are a strong and powerful nation who rule over others, whose land is divided by rivers. And they will go to Mount Zion, the place of the Name of the Lord of All.

Please tell me your thoughts.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Why is America so vain?
    Why does she treat others so badly?
    Why is she so unaware of her own vulnerability?

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 03 2007,05:15)
    Hi,
    Why is America so vain?
    Why does she treat others so badly?
    Why is she so unaware of her own vulnerability?

Nick,
    What do you base your claims on?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ST,
    World news shows the USA in quite a different light from what you may understand. Her belief that as a powerful island nation she is invincible is not realistic. Her powers and respect for her is rapidly diminishing as she continues to bully the world imho.

acertainchap
    Participant

Is America the young lions of Tarshish, the unnamed country of Isaiah 18, or Mystery Babylon?

Tell me what you think :)

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 03 2007,10:15)
    Why is America so vain?

Because we're sooooooooooo good-looking!

:laugh:

acertainchap
    Participant

Whatever forget it, then no one wants to respond.

Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ July 05 2007,03:24)
    Whatever forget it, then no one wants to respond.

Hi:

Maybe the reason that we don't respond is because we do not know if the United States is that nation to which those scriptures refer.

God Bless

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 03 2007,14:08)
    Hi ST,
    World news shows the USA in quite a different light from what you may understand. Her belief that as a powerful island nation she is invincible is not realistic. Her powers and respect for her is rapidly diminishing as she continues to bully the world imho.

What Nation on earth is of God's government?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi K,
    None.
    In NZ the anthem is to the “god of nations”. Familiar?

acertainchap
    Participant

Kind of…Isaiah?

IM4Truth
    Participant

Hello Chap, are you retired that you have time to thing up all these questions?

“Is America the unnamed nation in Is. 18? NO! But let me give you a little more than that.

I have to start in;

Gen. 48:5 “And now thy two sons, Ephraim and Manasseh, which were born unto thee in the land of Egypt before I came unto thee into Egypt, are mine; as Reuben and Simeon, they shall be mine.”

The old Patriarch is adopting the two sons of Joseph.

v. 14 “And Israel stretched out his right hand, and laid it upon Ephraim's head, who was the younger, and his left hand upon Manasseh's head, guiding his hands wittingly; for Manasseh was the firstborn.”

Israel is transferring the blessing rights of the firstborn to the two sons of Joseph;

v. 18 “And Joseph said unto his father, not so, my father: for this is the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head.”

Joseph wanted his firstborn to receive the greater portion of the blessing, Israel refused;

v. 19 “And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.”

Israel's blessings had been passed on from Abraham;

Gen. 22:17 “That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of thy enemies.”

Isaac and Israel were his seed, and so were the twelve sons of Israel, and now he would add the two sons of Joseph, Ephraim and Manasseh. Which seed would possess the gates of their enemies?
    Israel said, the older, Manasseh, would be great also, this implies that the younger would become great first. Also, that he would become a multitude of nation, or colonies.
    There was a Nation once, that possessed the gates of her enemies, and the sun never set on her empire, England.
    Manasseh would become great too, a nation of people, many different people; and after he broke free from England, he became great too; this is America.

In my footnotes of my bible it is suggested that Is. 18 refers to Ethiopia.
    Tarshish is near Gibraltar in Spain.
    Ez. 38 is a prophecy of a final invasion of Israel by all the surrounding nations, including Meshech and Tubal, Turkey, and Gog and Magog, Russia.

I believe that, I also believe that it want be to long before we see it happen.

God bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Im4,
    Sounds like old Armstrong's ideas.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Hi Nick

I have never let it bother me where the information came from; if it helped my understanding
    I thanked God for it.
    You have to admit, the possibility of a connection between the scriptures and the two Countries
    is there.

Bless you

NickHassan
    Participant

Possible IM4.
    But unprovable.

Marlin1
    Participant

I know this is old, Just thought I would throw out my thoughts on America in the bible.

I believe America is in Rev 13.
    REV 13:11 † And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

This beast came up out of the earth (very few people)..  You noticed the 1st beast came out of the sea (Lots of people)
    This little animal raised up like a lamb and it's got two horns: civil and ecclesiastical power. This nation was a lamb in the beginning,  but now it speaks like a dragon and wants to rule the world.

It is very fitting that America is here.  The very number thirteen is a symbol of this nation. It started with thirteen colonies. Its flag had thirteen stars and thirteen stripes.

Marlin

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ July 10 2007,10:51)
    Israel is transferring the blessing rights of the firstborn to the two sons of Joseph;

v. 18  “And Joseph said unto his father, not so, my father: for this is the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head.”

Joseph wanted his firstborn to receive the greater portion of the blessing, Israel refused;

v. 19  “And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.”

Israel's blessings had been passed on from Abraham;

Gen. 22:17  “That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of thy enemies.”

Isaac and Israel were his seed, and so were the twelve sons of Israel, and now he would add the two sons of Joseph, Ephraim and Manasseh. Which seed would possess the gates of their enemies?
    Israel said, the older, Manasseh, would be great also, this implies that the younger would become great first. Also, that he would become a multitude of nation, or colonies.
    There was a Nation once, that possessed the gates of her enemies, and the sun never set on her empire, England.
    Manasseh would become great too, a nation of people, many different people; and after he broke free from England, he became great too; this
    is America.

God bless

Hi Georg, glad we see eye to eye once again. :)

England (“The United Kingdom”) and
    America (“The United States”) are
    indeed the fulfillment prophecy
    of Ephraim and Manasseh.
    “the last shall be first,
    and the first last”
    (Matt.20:16)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ July 02 2007,23:48)

Is America “The Young Lions of Tarshish?”

Ezekiel 38:10-12 (New Life Version)

10 'The Lord God says, “On that day, thoughts will come into your mind, and you will make a sinful plan. 11 You will say, 'I will go up against the open country, where people are quiet and live in peace. They live in villages without walls and have no iron pieces or gates.' 12 You will go to rob the land and fight in the waste places where people now live. You will go up against the people who were gathered from the nations and are rich with cattle and good things and who live at the center of the land.

Isaiah 18

1 Trouble will come to the land on the other side of the rivers of Cush where the sound of wings is heard. 2 From that land men are sent by the sea in boats made from tall river-grass. Go, you fast men, to a nation tall and smooth, to a people who fill others with fear both near and far. Go to the powerful nation that rules over those who hate it, whose land is divided by rivers. 3 All you people of the world, you who live on the earth, as soon as a flag is raised on the mountain, you will see it. As soon as the horn is sounded, you will hear it. 4 For the Lord has said to me, “I will be quiet and watch from the place where I live, like shining heat in the sunshine, like a cloud of fog in the heat of gathering time.” 5 For before the gathering time, as soon as the bud blossoms and the grape is ready to eat, He will cut off the new branches with knives and will cut away the spreading branches. 6 They will be left for the birds of the mountains and for the wild animals of the earth. The birds will spend the summer eating them. And all the wild animals of the earth will eat them during the winter. 7 At that time tall people with smooth skin will bring gifts to the Lord of All. These people make others afraid both near and far. They are a strong and powerful nation who rule over others, whose land is divided by rivers. And they will go to Mount Zion, the place of the Name of the Lord of All.

Please tell me your thoughts.

greetings Acertainchap.

What you are quoting there is the battle of Gog and Magog.
    this will happen after the 1000yrs when satan is let loose from his prison and surround the camp of the saints(rev.20:19.20)
    Gog will attack the peaceful kingdom where all live in peace.
    Jesus will be ruling this kingdom for a 1000yrs.

Noting to do with america; no nation lives in peace ever.
    if you need more info,Iwill try.
    God bless.

wakeup.

Pastry
    Participant

greetings Acertainchap.

What you are quoting there is the battle of Gog and Magog.
    this will happen after the 1000yrs when satan is let loose from his prison and surround the camp of the saints(rev.20:19.20)
    Gog will attack the peaceful kingdom where all live in peace.
    Jesus will be ruling this kingdom for a 1000yrs.

Noting to do with america; no nation lives in peace ever.
    if you need more info,Iwill try.
    God bless.

wakeup.
    Profile PM MAIL

Wakeup this post from chap is an old one, He never comes here again…sorry..Peace Irene

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account