Am I saved?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    theostein
    Participant

Please read my Testimony at http://www.geocities.com/abrahamisaacisrael/mytestimony.html and answer my question.

Am I saved?

Proclaimer
    Participant

My understanding of the baptism issue comes from the following scriptures:
    Mark 16:16
    Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Notice that it doesn't say that whoever is not baptized is condemned.

Acts 10:47
    “Can anyone keep these people from being baptized with water? They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.”

So here is a clear admission that some believers had received the Holy Spirit, but had not been baptized yet. So how can God live in a sinful man? He cannot unless that man is saved by the sanctifying power of Jesus shedding his blood. So they were truly saved people who had not been baptized yet.

Of course they were baptized once they heard about it and this brings me to an important point. It seems that as soon as a person heard the gospel and accepted the foundational truth that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, they were immediately baptized.

Acts 8:36
    As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, “Look, here is water. Why shouldn't I be baptized
    37 Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” The eunuch answered, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

No mention of believing that Jesus is God. The Trinity doctrine is not part of the gospel and is not what a true believer should profess. Rather the gospel that the eunuch heard included the message of baptism and Jesus being the Son of God.

So it is also not like some say “that you need to be baptized to be saved”. No, if that were so, then any sinner could get baptized and then receive their ticket to Heaven. This also rules out the absurd possibility that someone hears the gospel and believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and receives him as their saviour and then just moments before he is baptized, a bomb lands on him and he is killed and then goes to hell. Of course such a scenario is silly.

A believer needs to believe with all their heart that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. This truth is what Jesus built his Church on top of. (Of course a true believer will also have certain fruit in their life, such as repentance from sin and dead works. This fruit starts from a decision and a right heart toward God).

Matthew 16:16-18
    16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
    17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.
    18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

So my only advice to you, is to be baptized if you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and you are willing to serve God for the rest of your life.

Acts 8:12
    But when they believed Philip as he preached the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This is topical.

Dear theostein,

It is always good to read a testimony of how the Lord has led a child into salvation. Praise God brother and welcome. There was a sister who had a question on baptism and I will tell you the same thing I told her. Yet, you have already answered your own question in your testimony when you said you will pray to the Lord for an answer on the question of baptism. If you pray to the Lord, he will lead you to the place he wants you to be baptized.

Understand that there are some who believe that water baptism is what saves a person, but that is not true. What saves a person is by repenting and asking the Lord to be forgive of our sins and having our sins washed away by the blood of Jesus. If you have done this, your sins have been washed away.

Yet, it is important you do get baptized by water and also recieve the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Pray the Lord send a messenger to lead you to where he wants you to have this done. Then just wait. All we need to do is put our trust in him.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account