Am i a failure

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Iceis
    Participant

My best friend doesent believe in God whatso ever. Shes dead set on evolution. Im  100% into God.  I try to reason with her but i know im not that smart when it comes to the bible and she can back me into a corner pretty easily by saying ‘well where did God come from?’. All i can say is hes always exsisted we just cant comprehend it. No matter what i say she doesent even want to hear it. I feel like im failing and becoming a horrible person because i cant help her. She gets ssooo mad at me when i bring up God. She doesent understand that im just tryin to help…..Other then that shes a great friend and i want her to have the chance in heaven. What do i do? :(

Proclaimer
    Participant

It is not your job to make this person believe in God. It is your job to give her the gospel. It is your job to pray for her and let God shine through you to her.

But it is her and only her that can choose God once she has heard the gospel. If she does not, you have not failed.

Jesus came and he didn't convert everyone either and we know he is not a failure. Also Jesus didn't waste his time with stubborn people. He gives everyone a chance, but if they do not want it, then they have chosen at that moment.

Remember that one man sows and another reaps. You are not expected to do it all and it is not that common for people to come to God based on the works of 1 person alone.

For some people, it takes time and the works of many or some people before it suddenly clicks.

I usually take a person where they are and try to move them a little closer to the way. Sometimes it is just a talk about the fact that God has to exist. If they beleive that, then I may talk about how God is a person and loves his creation and why we are cut off from him. I am aware that if you try to do too much, then that little that you have done can be rejected if they feel that they are being preached too all the time.

Just be sensitive to what the Spirit of God is saying. Sometimes it is better to say nothing. God will use you one way or another. I have even seen some miracles done through my life because God wanted to witness to someone who was watching. My attitude is to let God have his way by being sensitive to his Spirit. Of course I do not always live up to this ideal.

Zechariah 4:6
    So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty.

Anonymous

How would you feel if I argued the existence of god with you and tried to 'show you the way' that god doesn't exist? I’m assuming you are Christian since they are notorious for pushing their beliefs on others, especially when they have no clue to as what they are talking about, as you have mentioned you don’t.

Believe what you want to believe but don’t try to force your beliefs on anyone else, it is ‘sinful’ to do so anyhow. It is easy to argue that either god exists or doesn’t, but you can’t make someone believe something they don’t feel.

Iceis
    Participant

I never push my beliefs onto people. I once read a book about just showing people how much you love God and hoping they can see God though that. I just dont understand how so much hate for God keep coming though her and no matter how i try to defend myself it doesent work….

Anonymous

I try to reason with her but i know im not that smart when it comes to the bible and she can back me into a corner pretty easily by saying 'well where did God come from?'. All i can say is hes always exsisted we just cant comprehend it. No matter what i say she doesent even want to hear it.

So you don't consider trying to convince her of something she doesn't want to hear, pushing your beliefs?

I don't have hate for anyone who wants to believe in god, that is their choice. The same respect should be shown for those who don't believe.

Neither party can prove their believes to be right, so you should repsect theirs rather than trying to convince them otherwise. If you are trying to educate her then I suggest you educate yourself first. I'm not trying to be insulting, but it doesn't really seem like you understand your beliefs, otherwise you would be able to form a valid argument for or against the existance of god.

There are people who know very little about religion who both believe and don’t believe in god. There are people who are schooled in religion who both believe and don’t believe in god. Why do people honestly think they are right? That is the real question when it comes to religion.

Iceis
    Participant

im sorry i didnt mean that to sound like that honestly when we gets into discussions like this she starts by asking me something then i try to help by telling her what i know. Then she gets mad. Im really really sorry i got people mad by asking this question i didnt mean to upset anyone i just wanted help. I felt like a failure cause i gave up trying to help her recently and now she just disses God all the time even when i just say the simplist things.

I feel like crap when i feel im pushing my beliefs on people. Ive even apologised to her for pushing it on her even when i hadent even said anything. (becasue other people were pushing it on her)

im sorry…….i guess ive just been looking for help on this topic. Ill leave you all alone

Proclaimer
    Participant

To Iceis,

I first of all want to commend you on actually witnessing to her in the first place and be encouraged for preaching.

As it says “how beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news” & the harvest is plentiful, but the labourers are few”. So please do not give up labouring for the Kingdom of God.

When I was younger I had saw miracles and visions. I was even shown Heaven and Hell. Of course I knew without a doubt that what scripture said was correct. Of course after seeing so much confirmation of scripture, I zealously witnessed the truth too many people. However I realised one thing that I shouldn't have done and that was to wear out my welcome with some people.

My advice is to continue shining the light and preaching the kingdom, but to also be sensitive. Especially to those who do not want to know. You will know who they are once you have witnessed to them, as they will let you know one way or another that they do not appreciate your message.

I say to respect their wishes for they have surely chosen. You can always pray for their soul and hope that the word that you have spoken will sprout like a seed later on when conditions in their life and heart are different.

I have also noticed that some people respond more to actions than words. Of course words are important, but an act of kindness or help can reinforce what you have said one hundred fold, rather than continous preaching.

I am not saying that you are peraching too much either, but since the discussion has kind of gone in this direction, I thought I would add my 2 cents worth.

Debra
    Participant

This is an old post and maybe your no longer here Iceis, but I would like to post anyway..
    I have a friend of 30 years, she and I have been through alot together over this time, for 20 years we were on the same spiritual journey following the same false Messiah.
    When I met Jesus and believed, she was shattered, there was nothing I could do or say to convince her to listen to the Gosple, in fact she became a God hater, then her mother got cancer and died, 12 months later she got cancer and survived, but still reguardless of the my prayers she stood firm in her non belief. There was another friend who came into our lives around this time, she also was more leaning to new age philosophies than to Christianity, due to the spiritual damage the Catholic church had done to her in her youth. I never pushed my beliefs on either of them at any time, apart from the one time where I dominated the God conversation with my faith beliefs about who Jesus is which was very early days of being saved, so I didn't have much scripture knowledge to back up what I was saying, but even if I had that wouldn't have been convincing evidence to non-believers. That was a few years ago now and I'm still very close to both women, both have asked me to pray for them on occaisions when they were helpless and feeling like there is no way out, both have sent people to me if they percieved I might be able to help them in some way. Neither one of them blasphemes around me, and if there is a slip up an appology follows.
    .. What does this say to me?
    They did hear the Gospel, and I claimed them for the Kingdom the moment I knew I could do that, so the seed was planted, be it maybe on rocky ground, but God has broken up the rocks, He will do the rest too, all I need to do is love them into the Kingdom, by never compromising my stand with Jesus.
    Stick around those who you love and be there for them when they have questions.Be an example,that's about all we can be to the hardcore non-believers.
    God bless.

david
    Participant

It is always distressing to the extreme when someone we love does not accept the message of salvation that we proclaim.

But such is to be expected. Shortly after fortelling the worldwide preaching work to be expected in the conclusion of this system of things, (mat 24:14) Jesus said:

MATTHEW 24:37-39
    “For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all awayso the presence of the Son of man will be.”

charity
    Participant

Quote (david @ Jan. 06 2007,23:27)
    It is always distressing to the extreme when someone we love does not accept the message of salvation that we proclaim.

But such is to be expected.  Shortly after fortelling the worldwide preaching work to be expected in the conclusion of this system of things, (mat 24:14) Jesus said:

MATTHEW 24:37-39
    “For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all awayso the presence of the Son of man will be.”

This is worth letting drop two feet down into the heart david

I am so glad you not sleeping

Jud 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
    spiritually is called is very interesting I feel
    Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies [shall lie] in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

selah

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 29 2004,08:47)

I try to reason with her but i know im not that smart when it comes to the bible and she can back me into a corner pretty easily by saying 'well where did God come from?'. All i can say is hes always exsisted we just cant comprehend it. No matter what i say she doesent even want to hear it.

So you don't consider trying to convince her of something she doesn't want to hear, pushing your beliefs?

I don't have hate for anyone who wants to believe in god, that is their choice.  The same respect should be shown for those who don't believe.

Neither party can prove their believes to be right, so you should repsect theirs rather than trying to convince them otherwise.  If you are trying to educate her then I suggest you educate yourself first.  I'm not trying to be insulting, but it doesn't really seem like you understand your beliefs, otherwise you would be able to form a valid argument for or against the existance of god.

There are people who know very little about religion who both believe and don’t believe in god.  There are people who are schooled in religion who both believe and don’t believe in god.  Why do people honestly think they are right?  That is the real question when it comes to religion.

Ok…I'm wondering how you are able to chat without registering? Hacker. Hahahah jk. But seriously. ???

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 29 2004,07:55)
    How would you feel if I argued the existence of god with you and tried to 'show you the way' that god doesn't exist?  I’m assuming you are Christian since they are notorious for pushing their beliefs on others, especially when they have no clue to as what they are talking about, as you have mentioned you don’t.

Believe what you want to believe but don’t try to force your beliefs on anyone else, it is ‘sinful’ to do so anyhow.  It is easy to argue that either god exists or doesn’t, but you can’t make someone believe something they don’t feel.

Oh its not a pushing of belief, its a giving of truth and I've found that those with a narrow mind do not like to hear the truth of Scripture from Christians.

Listen, I'm getting very tired of people making the lame excuse that we are pushing the truth onto people. This seems to be quite the worldly attention getter, excuse because people cannot figure out their purpose in life and refuse to believe in the word of God. It seems that they are kind of stuck. A foolhardy attempt to cover insecurity.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Chap Are you sleeping this is another old Post from 2004.
    Mrs.

kejonn
    Participant

Mrs IM,

He is Yoda after all :p.

acertainchap
    Participant

Oh sorry. Didn't see that :)

kenrch
    Participant

It might be old but his responce is NEW. I'm always willing to listen new responces to old heathen questions :)

thehappyman
    Participant

Well spoken Kenrch……………….

IM4Truth
    Participant

I wonder why so many come and go! Is it that they see how others argue and want no part of it, and then leave. I must say, even tho I have been part of arguing, it is so wrong. Debating is one thing, but constantly pushing one's own belief on others I find is wrong. My new intention is to try not to post over and over what I have posted before. May God help me do that. I know this is an old Post, but I thought this belonged here.

Peace and Love Mrs.:) :)

thehappyman
    Participant

We can make the change from arguing to learning if we seek it . …………..Ive learned alot here on this web and also I learned what is not in my bible but theirs. Because of this fact I learned that if I have the same determation to be right as they seem to be , I'm slow to speak . Let them repeat and repeat something that is what they believe. I'm not the judge but He that is , is going to say the words ” nevertheless I have some what against you “………………….God for bid………………………………………Happy:O

IM4Truth
    Participant

thehappyman Because I did not listen to my Husband and I was stubborn, I posted and partook of the arguments, I am for ever sorry I did that, and I hope I will be stronger the next time it will happen. I am also learning, maybe in a different way then you are, but learning, that is good. So glad that Christ came and died for our sins. Thank you God.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account