Alpha Omega First Last

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 436 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Is Jesus your Father? Why not?

Isa 9:6
    For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

While the title father can be applied to Jesus, in relation to Jehovah God, Jesus is a son.
    Jesus has spiritual brothers, his co-rulers and joint heirs of the kingdom. These are his brothers. That is how they are described in relation to Jesus in the Bible, as his brothers, not as his sons.
    So, back to that scripture, as I said:
    The title occurs again at Revelation 21:6, and the following verse identifies the speaker by saying: “Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.” Inasmuch as Jesus referred to those who are joint heirs with him in his Kingdom as “brothers,” not “sons,” the speaker must be Jesus’ heavenly Father, Jehovah God.—Mt 25:40; compare Heb 2:10-12.

david

david
    Participant

You ask: “Then why does your Bible say Jesus is a God. Is he a false god? Or a true God?

I guess you and a lot of others really don't understand the word God and since you have been indoctrinated with belief, I'm going to try to make it easier for you to understand a simple truth, by changing one word:

As I said in the 'son' thread:
    Imagine that Jehovah is King of eternity. King in every right. King of all.
    He is the true king. And imagine that he sets up a king to be head of his kingdom. That king which Jehovah has set in place is also a king, without question, having all the power and authority bestowed upon him by the very king of eternity.

Of course, there are other kings, people with limited power. But they rule none the less. Yet, they are extremely limited and have very little power compared to the king of eternity, or even compared to the king that Jehovah has set in place.

The word God applies to Jehovah, thousands of times. About 1000 times his is specifically called God. We know he is God. The word “God” essentially means: “Mighty one.” We know Jehovah, as our creator, is mighty, in fact, he is called ALMIGHTY. His son, is mighty as well, obviously. And therefore the title God can be applied to him, even as it is applied to human judges of isreal, and to angels and to Satan himself and to other false “mighty ones.” A piece of wood can be worshipped as an idol, a god, but really, it is not mighty at all, not really a god, it's false.

THE POINT:
    Just because Jehovah and Jesus both have the titles God, along with others, does not mean that Jesus is God almighty, that they are the same.

Jehovah is a king. Being that he is the head of Christ, he is the only true king, the only king without anyone above him. But Jehovah has set up Jesus as a king. DOES THAT MAKE JESUS A FALSE KING? (I REALLY WANT AN ANSWER ON THIS) They are both kings. But one is an almighty king, and is the king of eternity, whereas the other is king because the Almighty king made him such.

This doesn't mean they are the same.

The main arguement here seems to be that the Bible says there is only one true God, and that since Jesus is called God, that he is the same.

Well, one could say that there is only one true king, one who is truly the ruler of all. Jesus has a head, Jesus is under his father, therefore, even though he is a king, he is under the king of eternity, Jehovah. THAT DOESNT' MAKE JESUS A FALSE KING. This is not a contradiction. And neither is it to call Jesus God or a god even though there is only one TRUE GOD. Jehovah is truly God, in that he is truly mighty. A mighty one. He is described 43 times in the Bible as Almighty, a title that fits only him. Yes, there are other mighty ones. But only one who is truly mighty, almighty, and that is Jehovah.

You ask: “Then why does your Bible say Jesus is a God.  Is he a false god?  Or a true God?

I guess you and a lot of others really don't understand the word God and since you have been indoctrinated with belief, I'm going to try to make it easier for you to understand a simple truth, by changing one word:

Imagine that Jehovah is King of eternity.  King in every right.  King of all.
    He is the true king.  And imagine that he sets up a king to be head of his kingdom.  That king which Jehovah has set in place is also a king, without question, having all the power and authority bestowed upon him by the very king of eternity.

Of course, there are other kings, people with limited power.  But they rule none the less.  Yet, they are extremely limited and have very little power compared to the king of eternity, or even compared to the king that Jehovah has set in place.  

The word God applies to Jehovah, thousands of times.  About 1000 times his is specifically called God.  We know he is God.   The word “God” essentially means: “Mighty one.”  We know Jehovah, as our creator, is mighty, in fact, he is called ALMIGHTY.  His son, is mighty as well, obviously.  And therefore the title God can be applied to him, even as it is applied to human judges of isreal, and to angels and to Satan himself and to other false “mighty ones.”  A piece of wood can be worshipped as an idol, a god, but really, it is not mighty at all, not really a god, it's false.  

THE POINT:
    Just because Jehovah and Jesus both have the titles God, along with others, does not mean that Jesus is God almighty, that they are the same.

Jehovah is a king.  Being that he is the head of Christ, he is the only true king, the only king without anyone above him.  But Jehovah has set up Jesus as a king.  DOES THAT MAKE JESUS A FALSE KING?  (I REALLY WANT AN ANSWER ON THIS)  They are both kings.  But one is an almighty king, and is the king of eternity, whereas the other is king because the Almighty king made him such.  

The main arguement here seems to be that the Bible says there is only one true God, and that since Jesus is called God, that he is the same.

Well, one could say that there is only one true king, one who is truly the ruler of all.  Jesus has a head, Jesus is under his father, therefore, even though he is a king, he is under the king of eternity, Jehovah.  THAT DOESNT' MAKE JESUS A FALSE KING.  This is not a contradiction.  And neither is it to call Jesus God or a god even though there is only one TRUE GOD.  Jehovah is truly God, in that he is truly mighty.  A mighty one.  He is described 43 times in the Bible as Almighty, a title that fits only him.  Yes, there are other mighty ones.  But only one who is truly mighty, almighty, and that is Jehovah.

David

Polythiesm! Jesus is either truly God with the Father and the Spirit or you are serving two Gods.

You say that the scriptures refer to kings and other beings as being Gods, true.

But to God and to us there is but One God.

Deu 6:4
    Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD:

I Cor 8:5,6
    5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
    6]**But to us there is but one God**, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

:)

david
    Participant

Polythiesm! Jesus is either truly God with the Father and the Spirit or you are serving two Gods.

Perhaps you missed everything I wrote.

One can say that Jehovah is the only true king and there can still be other kings (such as Jesus, whom Jehovah set up as a king)

IF JEHOVAH IS THE KING OF ETERNITY AND WITHOUT QUESTION THE UNIVERSAL SOVEREIGN, WITH EVERY RIGHT TO RULE, HE IS WITHOUT QUESTION: KING.
    MY QUESTION: IF HE SETS UP ANOTHER KING, UNDER HIM, DOES THAT MEAN THAT THE KING HE SETS UP IS FALSE?

I think some more study of the word “god” is in order.

But to God and to us there is but One God.

Deu 6:4
    Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD:

I Cor 8:5,6
    5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
    6]**But to us there is but one God**, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

And what does the word God mean?
    “Mighty One; Strong One.”

Jehovah is Almighty. He of course fits the title “God.” Because he is almighty, not just mighty, compared to everyone else, he alone is God, he alone is mighty. Compare an angels might to God. It is nothing. Yet, angels are called gods, and rightfully so, because mighty they are.

Is Jesus mighty? Can he be called God?
    He most certainly is a mighty one, stronger and more powerful with more authority than anyone…next to the one who “gave” him that authority and power, Jehovah. So, yes, the title fits.

But Jehovah can be distinguished from everyone else. He alone is almighty. According to your KJ version:
    “That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.”–Ps 83:18

It never says this of Jesus, or the holy spirit. There can be only one 'most high.' And if you reason: Well, it's speaking of the holy spirit and Jesus, because they are one, the question remains: Why doesn't it actually say anything like this of the holy spirit or Jesus, but only of the Father…the most high?

Cult Buster
    Participant

(Jesus) The Alpha & The Omega The First & The Last.

“Behold, He comes with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, and those who pierced Him will see Him, and all the kindreds of the earth will wail because of Him. Even so, Amen. I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, says the Lord, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
    (Rev 1:7-8)

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the Ending,
    the First and the Last.”

“I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify these things to you over the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the bright and Morning Star.”
    (Rev 22:13 & 16)

The Book of Revelation, which is the Testimony of Jesus Christ, identifies Jesus as the The Alpha & The Omega (The First & The Last). It further identifies Him as The Almighty. Further testimony by Jesus, showing that the title, The First & The Last belongs to Him is found in:

–– ” And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying to me, Do not fear, I am the First and the Last, and the Living One, and I became dead, and behold, I am alive for ever and ever, Amen. And I have the keys of hell and of death.”
    (Rev 1:17-18)

–– – “And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: The First and the Last, who became dead and lived, says these things:-”
    (Rev 2:8)

–It is Jesus Christ, Himself, who reveals that He is the First & the Last of Holy Scripture. Since the Bible is one continual work stretching from Genesis to Revelation, it is clear that this title belongs to Jesus, and no other. There can only be one who is the First and one who is the Last

We also find the following statements concerning the First & the Last in the Holy Bible:

– – “Who has planned and done it, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, Jehovah, am the first and the last; I am He.”
    (Isa 41:4)

– – “So says Jehovah, the King of Israel, and His redeemer Jehovah of Hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and besides Me there is no God.”
    (Isa 44:6)

– – “Listen to me, O Jacob and Israel, My called; I am He; I am the first, I also am the last. My hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens; when I call to them, they stand forth together.”
    (Isa 48:12-13)

Isaiah, inspired by God, calls the First & the Last, Jehovah, Jehovah of Hosts, the Redeemer, and God (meaning the God of Israel). This further biblical evidence provide overwhelming Testimony from Holy Scripture that Jesus (Jehovah) is indeed God Almighty & Eternal.

Jesus is Jehovah      :O

Debra
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 28 2006,08:14)
    You ask: “Then why does your Bible say Jesus is a God. Is he a false god? Or a true God?

Imagine that Jehovah is King of eternity. King in every right. King of all.
    He is the true king. And imagine that he sets up a king to be head of his kingdom. That king which Jehovah has set in place is also a king, without question, having all the power and authority bestowed upon him by the very king of eternity.

Of course, there are other kings, people with limited power. But they rule none the less. Yet, they are extremely limited and have very little power compared to the king of eternity, or even compared to the king that Jehovah has set in place.

The word God applies to Jehovah, thousands of times. About 1000 times his is specifically called God. We know he is God. The word “God” essentially means: “Mighty one.” We know Jehovah, as our creator, is mighty, in fact, he is called ALMIGHTY. His son, is mighty as well, obviously. And therefore the title God can be applied to him, even as it is applied to human judges of isreal, and to angels and to Satan himself and to other false “mighty ones.” A piece of wood can be worshipped as an idol, a god, but really, it is not mighty at all, not really a god, it's false.

THE POINT:

Jehovah is a king. Being that he is the head of Christ, he is the only true king, the only king without anyone above him. But Jehovah has set up Jesus as a king. DOES THAT MAKE JESUS A FALSE KING? (I REALLY WANT AN ANSWER ON THIS) They are both kings. But one is an almighty king, and is the king of eternity, whereas the other is king because the Almighty king made him such.

Well, one could say that there is only one true king, one who is truly the ruler of all. Jesus has a head, Jesus is under his father, therefore, even though he is a king, he is under the king of eternity, Jehovah. THAT DOESNT' MAKE JESUS A FALSE KING. This is not a contradiction. And neither is it to call Jesus God or a god even though there is only one TRUE GOD. Jehovah is truly God, in that he is truly mighty. A mighty one. He is described 43 times in the Bible as Almighty, a title that fits only him. Yes, there are other mighty ones. But only one who is truly mighty, almighty, and that is Jehovah.

Hi David
    Very clear, good post, this helps my understanding thank you.
    God bless.

david
    Participant

Jesus is Jehovah

I'm just going to say this:

WRONG.

Hi David
    Very clear, good post, this helps my understanding thank you.
    God bless.

Thankyou Debra.

Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 29 2006,04:41)
                                                   (Jesus) The Alpha & The Omega The First & The Last.

“Behold, He comes with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, and those who pierced Him will see Him, and all the kindreds of the earth will wail because of Him. Even so, Amen. I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, says the Lord, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
    (Rev 1:7-8)

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the Ending,
    the First and the Last.”

“I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify these things to you over the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the bright and Morning Star.”
    (Rev 22:13 & 16)

The Book of Revelation, which is the Testimony of Jesus Christ, identifies Jesus as the The Alpha & The Omega (The First & The Last). It further identifies Him as The Almighty. Further testimony by Jesus, showing that the title, The First & The Last belongs to Him is found in:

–– ” And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying to me, Do not fear, I am the First and the Last, and the Living One, and I became dead, and behold, I am alive for ever and ever, Amen. And I have the keys of hell and of death.”
    (Rev 1:17-18)

–– – “And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: The First and the Last, who became dead and lived, says these things:-”
    (Rev 2:8)

–It is Jesus Christ, Himself, who reveals that He is the First & the Last of Holy Scripture. Since the Bible is one continual work stretching from Genesis to Revelation, it is clear that this title belongs to Jesus, and no other. There can only be one who is the First and one who is the Last

We also find the following statements concerning the First & the Last in the Holy Bible:

– – “Who has planned and done it, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, Jehovah, am the first and the last; I am He.”
    (Isa 41:4)

– – “So says Jehovah, the King of Israel, and His redeemer Jehovah of Hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and besides Me there is no God.”
    (Isa 44:6)

– – “Listen to me, O Jacob and Israel, My called; I am He; I am the first, I also am the last. My hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens; when I call to them, they stand forth together.”
    (Isa 48:12-13)

Isaiah, inspired by God, calls the First & the Last, Jehovah, Jehovah of Hosts, the Redeemer, and God (meaning the God of Israel). This further biblical evidence provide overwhelming Testimony from Holy Scripture that Jesus (Jehovah) is indeed God Almighty & Eternal.

Jesus is Jehovah      :O

Hi CB:

Rev. 1:4 states: “John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the Spirits which are before his throne; (this refers to God)

Rev. 1:5-6 continues saying, “And from Jesus Christ who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that love us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, and hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory for ever and ever.  Amen”

As has already been pointed out the JFB commentary states the oldest manuscripts at Rev. 1:8 read, “I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, SAITH THE LORD GOD, which is, which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.  (This is God speaking)  Compare that this verse and 1:4 both say WHICH IS, WHICH WAS, AND WHICH IS TO COME.

Jesus is the First and the Last in that he is the First begotten from the dead (Rev. 1:5), and the last in that he is now immortal.  Rev. 1:17-18 states: “Fear not: I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and death”.

”  For there is ONE GOD (Jehovah), and one mediator beween God and men, THE MAN CHRIST JESUS”.

Matthew 16:13-17 states: “When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, “Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?  And they said, some say that thou art John the Baptist: some Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.  He saith unto them, 'But whom say ye that I am?  And Simon Peter answered and said, 'THOU ART THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD'.  And Jesus answered and said unto him, BLESSED ART THOU SIMON BARJONA: FOR FLESH AND BLOOD HAT NOT REVEALED IT UNTO THEE, BUT MY FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN”.

God has revealed to us that there is but ONE GOD, and Jesus is His Son and his Christ through these scriptures.  If Jesus said that he was God, he would be contradicting what God said about him.  He is not Jehovah.  He is God in that he is the express image of God's person. (Hebrews 1:3)

God Bless

Hi CB:

Rev. 1:4 states: “John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the Spirits which are before his throne; (this refers to God)

Rev. 1:5-6 continues saying, “And from Jesus Christ who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that love us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, and hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory for ever and ever.  Amen”

As has already been pointed out the JFB commentary states the oldest manuscripts at Rev. 1:8 read, “I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, SAITH THE LORD GOD, which is, which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.  (This is God speaking)  Compare that this verse and 1:4 both say WHICH IS, WHICH WAS, AND WHICH IS TO COME.

Jesus is the First and the Last in that he is the First begotten from the dead (Rev. 1:5), and the last in that he is now immortal.  Rev. 1:17-18 states: “Fear not: I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and death”.

”  For there is ONE GOD (Jehovah), and one mediator beween God and men, THE MAN CHRIST JESUS”.

Matthew 16:13-17 states: “When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, “Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?  And they said, some say that thou art John the Baptist: some Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.  He saith unto them, 'But whom say ye that I am?  And Simon Peter answered and said, 'THOU ART THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD'.  And Jesus answered and said unto him, BLESSED ART THOU SIMON BARJONA: FOR FLESH AND BLOOD HAT NOT REVEALED IT UNTO THEE, BUT MY FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN”.

God has revealed to us that there is but ONE GOD, and Jesus is His Son and his Christ through these scriptures.  If Jesus said that he was God, he would be contradicting what God said about him.  He is not Jehovah.  He is God in that he is the express image of God's person. (Hebrews 1:3)

Who is comming?

Rev 1:8 read, “I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, SAITH THE LORD GOD, which is, which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Jesus is the one who is to come.

Compare…

Rev 22:
    12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
    13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Whos is the Alpha and Omega? Who will crack the eastern sky?

Who will it be that every knee shall bow?

Jesus, the Lord of Gloriy, when he comes in the Glory of his Father with the Holy Angels!!! :)

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 01 2007,06:38)

Hi CB:

Who is comming?

Rev 1:8 read, “I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, SAITH THE LORD GOD, which is, which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Jesus is the one who is to come.

Compare…

Rev 22:
    12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
    13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Whos is the Alpha and Omega? Who will crack the eastern sky?

Who will it be that every knee shall bow?

Jesus, the Lord of Gloriy, when he comes in the Glory of his Father with the Holy Angels!!! :)

Hi WJ:

Rev. 1:4 and 1:5 make a clear distinction that there are two persons here.

Rev. 1:4 states: “John to the seven churches are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven spirits which are before his throne; (This refers to God)

Rev. 1:5 states continuing: “And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth.  Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood.  (This without a doubt refers to Jesus)

And in addition Rev. 1:6 continues: “And has made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever.  Amen”.

Rev. 22:1 states: “And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb”. Again this makes a distinction between God and Jesus.

Rev 22:8-13 states: “And I John saw these things, and heard them.  And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of THE ANGEL WHICH SHEWED ME THESE THINGS.  Then saith he unto me, see thou do it not: for I am thy fellow-servant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book; worship God.  And he saith unto me, seal not the sayings of the prophey of this book: for the time is at hand.  He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.  I am Alpha an Omega the beninning and the end, the first and the last”.

If you will read the above carefully, you will see that it is the angel that is speaking.  Rev. 1:1 states this: “The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by HIS ANGEL UNTO HIS SERVANT JOHN: WHO BARE RECORD OF THE WORD OF GOD, AND OF THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST, AND OF ALL THINGS THAT HE SAW.

To be sure, it is not clear who is saying that they are the Alpha and Omega in this scripture.  The angel is speaking, but I have already shown that there is only ONE GOD, and based on that I would say that any time that you see Alpha and Omega it refers to Him.  God made man in His image, and Jesus is God in that He is the express image of His person. (Hebrews 1:3)

Jesus is indeed coming.  He is God's Christ, and he will come when the Father sends him to do His will.  Matthew 24:29-30 states: Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers for the heavens shall be shaken; and then appear the sign of the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory”.

Matt. 24:36 states: “But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but MY FATHER ONLY”.

But also, his body and our bodies, as members of his body, are the Holy temple of God, and so God is coming.  2 Co. 6:16 states: “And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols?  for ye are the temple of the living God; AS GOD HATH SAID, I WILL DWELL IN THEM, AND WALK IN THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE”.

God Bless

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 30 2006,04:17)

Aside from the fact that almost every credible biblical scholar would disagree with what you have written, an obvious flaw in this interpretation of “first and last” is that YHWH is also ascribed the title:

Isaiah 41:4
    Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD (YHWH), the first, and with the last; I am he

Isaiah 44:6
    Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD (YHWH) of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12-13
    12Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last. 13Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together.

So 942767, did YHWH give Himself the title “first and last” because “he is the First begotten from the dead” and because “he is now immortal”?

???

Oxy
    Participant

How can Jesus be Jehovah?
    Can a Father be His own Son?
    It is the WORD of God that became flesh, not God Himself.

Oxy
    Participant

Good to see you Is.

Blessings bro!

Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 02 2007,02:58)

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 30 2006,04:17)

Aside from the fact that almost every credible biblical scholar would disagree with what you have written, an obvious flaw in this interpretation of “first and last” is that YHWH is also ascribed the title:

Isaiah 41:4
    Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD (YHWH), the first, and with the last; I am he

Isaiah 44:6
    Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD (YHWH) of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12-13
    12Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last. 13Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together.

So 942767, did YHWH give Himself the title “first and last” because “he is the First begotten from the dead” and because “he is now immortal”?

???

Hi Isaiah:

And so, if your credible biblical scholars disagree with my understanding of Rev. 1:17-18 either they are wrong or I am wrong, and If I am wrong, I welcome my correction.

I believe that Jesus answers why he states that he is the First and the Last in verse 1:18 by stating: “I AM HE THAT LIVETH, AND WAS DEAD; AND, BEHOLD I AM ALIVE FOR EVERMORE, AMEN; AND HAVE THE KEYS OF HELL AND OF DEATH”.

Also, I believe that God (YHWH) states why He says that He is the First and the Last in the verses that you quoted from Isaiah.

Can they not apply this title to themselves for a different reason?  You know the answer to the question that you are asking me, so why ask.

“But to us (to me) there is but ONE GOD, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and ONE LORD JESUS CHRIST, and we by him”.  (1 Co. 8:6)

God Bless

Cult Buster
    Participant

Jesus said:

Joh 8:56  Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
    Joh 8:57  Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
    Joh 8:58  Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

Just in case you are not sure who “I AM” is

Exo 3:14  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

There you are; Jesus Christ  is Jehovah mentioned in scripture.

Mic 5:2  But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Jesus The Lord Thy God

Luk 4:2  (Jesus)  Being forty days tempted of the devil.
    Luk 4:12  And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Who was being tempted here? Jesus;    The Lord thy God.

Mar 2:28  Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
    Exo 20:10  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God:

This proves beyond doubt that the Son of man (Jesus) is the LORD thy God.

Jer 23:5-6  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch (Jesus), and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD (Yhovah)OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Participant

No CB:

As I stated before, you need to study asking God for understanding befpre you try to teach others.  Jesus said Abraham desired to see my day and he saw it and was glad.  He did not say that he had seen Abraham, the Pharisees may have understood him to say that he had, but no, Jesus would not say that he is God otherwise he would be contradicting what God has revealed to humanity in Matthew 16:13-17 and that is that HE IS THE CHRIST THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD.

1 Peter 1:20 states about Jesus:  “He was indeed foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you”.   This is what he was saying when he said, “before Abraham was I am”.

Jesus is God in that he is the express image of God's person. (Hebrews 1:3)  God made man in His own image, and when we the life that our Lord Jesus lived while here on earth, we have seen God's character personified, and we who are born again Christians should be becoming more and more like him every day.

In Luke 4:9-12 the devil wanted Jesus to jump from the pinnicale of the temple because the Word of God states that “He (that is God) shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you, and in their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone”.  Jesus essentially told him devil you're crazy I am not going to jump and tempt God by doing so. It is like you and I saying that since God is protecting us because we are his children, He will keep us from harm if we jump in front ongoing Mack truck.

God Bless

Oxy
    Participant

Why do people insist on calling the Bible the Word of God when the Bible clearly points out that Jesus is the Word of God.

Jesus NEVER called the Bible the Word of God.
    The Bible NEVER refers to itself as the Word of God.
    Paul NEVER called Scripture the Word of God.

There is only ONE Word of God (logos) according to Scripture. We call Him Jesus.

For further info on this check out what God showed me.
    http://www.all4god.net/word_of_god.htm

Cult Buster
    Participant

Jesus is the  Creator & God   (Alpha and Omega First and Last)    

“You, Lord (Jesus), have laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the works of Your hands.”
    (Heb 1:10)

“All things came into being through Him (Jesus), and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being.”
    (John 1:3)

For by him (Jesus) were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

And he (Jesus) is before all things, and by him all things consist.
    (Col 1:16-17)

The above  biblical verses about Jesus, taken in the entire context of Holy Scripture, proclaim Him to be the Creator.
    Following are some of the verses of the Bible concerning the Creator (Jesus):

– – “In the beginning God (Jesus) created the heavens and the earth.”
    (Gen 1:1)

– – “For in six days Jehovah (Jesus) made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day.”
    (Exo 20:11)

– – “By the Word of Jehovah (Jesus) were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.”
    (Psa 33:6)

– – “A Prayer of Moses, the man of God. O Jehovah (Jesus), You have been our dwelling-place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting You (Jesus) are God. ”

(Psa 90:1-2)
    – – “I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days; Your years are through the generation of generations. Of old You (Jesus) have laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the work of Your hands.”
    (Psa 102:24-25)

“So says Jehovah God (Jesus), He who created the heavens and stretched them out, spreading out the earth and its offspring; He who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it. ”
    (Isa 42:5)

– – “So says Jehovah (Jesus), the Holy One of Israel, and the One who formed him, Do you ask Me of things to come? Do you give command to Me about My sons, and about the work of My hands? I (Jesus) have made the earth, and created man on it; I (Jesus) with My hands have stretched out the heavens; and all their host have I (Jesus) commanded. ”
    (Isa 45:11-12)

– – “Jehovah of Hosts. He (Jesus) has made the earth by His power; He (Jesus) has established the world by His wisdom, and has stretched out the heavens by His understanding.”
    (Jer 51:14-15)

The first group of verses cited from the Bible, identify Jesus as the Creator; while the second group identifies Jehovah  as the Creator. For there not to be a significant contradiction in Holy Scripture, thereby breaking the validity of Scripture. it follows that

Jesus is Jehovah  (Alpha and Omega First and Last)

Jer 23:5-6  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD (Yhovah)OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Oxy
    Participant

The Scripture you quote is correct. Also there is Mat 1:23 “Behold, the virgin shall conceive in her womb, and will bear a son. And they will call His name Emmanuel,” which being interpreted is, God with us.

Also Eph 3:19 and to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge, that you might be filled with all the fullness of God.

And it is true. But it needs to be understood that Col 2:9 For in Him (Christ) dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

So to say that Jesus is Jehovah is not quite accurate. More accurate to say that Jehovah was in the Son of God.

The Scripture you quote is correct.  Also there is Mat 1:23  “Behold, the virgin shall conceive in her womb, and will bear a son. And they will call His name Emmanuel,” which being interpreted is, God with us.

Also Eph 3:19  and to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge, that you might be filled with all the fullness of God.

And it is true.  But it needs to be understood that Col 2:9  For in Him (Christ) dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

So to say that Jesus is Jehovah is not quite accurate.  More accurate to say that Jehovah was in the Son of God.

Oxy

Is not the written word inspired by God?

Jn 10:34,35
    Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
    If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Matt 5:
    17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

So are you saying that the Word of God that is spoken cannot be written down and if it is it is not the Word of God any longer?
    ???

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 436 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account