Alpha and Omega

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    jhenTux
    Participant

The bible clearly says that God the Father is Alpha and Omega. Jesus is Mediator, The Son, Lord but not a God. But for religions who believe Jesus is also a God, they are using this verses:

“When I saw him [Christ], I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand upon me, saying, ‘Fear not, I am the First and the Last’” (Rev. 1:17).

“And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the First and the Last, who died and came to life’” (Rev. 2:8).

“Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the beginning and the end” (Rev. 22:12–13).

Does it mean Jesus is God also?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (jhenTux @ Aug. 16 2007,10:37)
    The bible clearly says that God the Father is Alpha and Omega. Jesus is Mediator, The Son, Lord but not a God. But for religions who believe Jesus is also a God, they are using this verses:

“When I saw him [Christ], I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand upon me, saying, ‘Fear not, I am the First and the Last’” (Rev. 1:17).

“And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the First and the Last, who died and came to life’” (Rev. 2:8).

“Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the beginning and the end” (Rev. 22:12–13).

Jesus is the first and the last begotten Son of God.

1Jo 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

kejonn
    Participant

jhen,

Yahshua can also be seen as the first and last man to ever have to die for our sins as well.

michaels
    Participant

if GOD IS ALPHA OMEGA the beginning and the end.then why does melchiz'edec claim this title as his own in hebrews 7;3,by saying he has no beginning or end,compareing himself to GOD,and if mel is GOD why would abram have to save him,for he hid and fled unto the mountain.in gen 14:10,and yet again if he is god why did he bless,and tithe bread and whine unto abram. gen 14 :19-20. who is your GOD ?

kejonn
    Participant

michaels,

Just curious, but what book of the Bible do you accept as truth? And Melchizedeck is not claiming this, the writer of Hebrews is making notations according to what had been written.

michaels
    Participant

the hole bible me believe to be factual for everything writen actualy did happen.as far as the TRUTH,me believe in him,as far as books men wrote,me believe in genesis all the way to ex 23:33 that GOD was still speaking,me believe most of the prophets,like isaiah,etc..and as far as the new test me believe in most of matthew,other than the doctrine of men/moses. and all of johns wrighting,GOD told me what is and isent from him.and now that me have read other books of men in the bible me can see why the TRUTH dident want me to read them,untill me was fully grounded in him.look to jesus he is our only teacher,he will lead you to the father,that you can talk with him as you talk with me.that the children may love the father as he loves us,.

michaels
    Participant

forgive me for me said everything writen actualy did happen,me dont believe my own words,let everyone be aliar and GOD the TRUTH.me believe there are lies in some of the books,and things said that never happened,for GOD canot lie or contridict himself,if he did he would have to cast himself into the fire that burns forever,where all liars go.the books me listed as truth,me believe are truth.yet they are still just books,for GOD is the TRUTH.

charity
    Participant

Quote (michaels @ Aug. 16 2007,15:53)
    forgive me for me said everything writen actualy did happen,me dont believe my own words,let everyone be aliar and GOD the TRUTH.me believe there are lies in some of the books,and things said that never happened,for GOD canot lie or contridict himself,if he did he would have to cast himself into the fire that burns forever,where all liars go.the books me listed as truth,me believe are truth.yet they are still just books,for GOD is the TRUTH.

:D Hehe precious in Gods sight
    Me think its good; the more lies they say the better to catch them out
    Me also would be very concerned at the fact of the truth handed on a silver plater
    Me think men have almost finished creating the greatest ride ever seen on earth
    God angry enough to come shack the earth and squash them between his toes

jhenTux
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Aug. 16 2007,12:30)
    jhen,

Yahshua can also be seen as the first and last man to ever have to die for our sins as well.

What verse is your basis?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (michaels @ Aug. 16 2007,15:43)
    and now that me have read other books of men in the bible me can see why the TRUTH dident want me to read them,untill me was fully grounded in him.l

Michaels,

What “other books” are you reading, brother?

Cult Buster
    Participant

Quote (jhenTux @ Aug. 16 2007,14:37)

Yes.

Isa 44:6  Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Aug. 31 2007,01:14)

Quote (jhenTux @ Aug. 16 2007,14:37)

Yes.

Isa 44:6  Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isa 54:15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, [but] not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

Isa 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an *instrument for his work*; and *I have created the waster to destroy*.

Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue [that] shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This [is] the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness [is] of me, saith the LORD.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 30 2007,16:45)

Quote (michaels @ Aug. 16 2007,15:43)
    and now that me have read other books of men in the bible me can see why the TRUTH dident want me to read them,untill me was fully grounded in him.l

Michaels,

What “other books” are you reading, brother?

Hi Not3in1,

I believe that when michaels says the other books, he means the ones that he did not list as truth.

Actually, I sort of have to agree with some of his thinking.

I envy those people who can merely say that every word in the bible is truth, and not worry about the contridictions.
    I struggle with the fact that I can not believe that.

In fact I think God tried to warn us against believing all that is in the bible.

I am curious how we know which scriptures to throw out as well. Also which version of the bible is the most accurate.

People have obviously decided that the scribes added to the scriptures, consequently we have removed things like 1 John 5:7 from all newer additions of the bible. Even the canonization was not inspired by God. If it was then how could the protestants remove 14 complete books from the official authorized bible that we consider to be the right one.

The scriptures themselves tell us to not believe everything that is written because the scribes lied.

Jer 8:8 “How can you say, 'We are wise, And the law of the LORD is with us'? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes Has made {it} into a lie.

Moses came down from the mountain with a whole bunch of laws supposedly given by God. These laws included all of the sacrificial laws. And the laws that made sure that he and his sons got roasted lamb and wine on a regular basis. And yet God told us through the great prophets Isaiah and Jeremiah that all of that burning of things for him was an abomination to him. He never commanded it.

Jer 7:22 “For I did not speak to your fathers, or command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings and sacrifices.
    Jer 7:23 “But this is what I commanded them, saying, 'Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you will be My people; and you will walk in all the way which I command you, that it may be well with you.'

Isa 1:11 “What are your multiplied sacrifices to Me?” Says the LORD. “I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams And the fat of fed cattle; And I take no pleasure in the blood of bulls, lambs or goats.
    Isa 1:12 “When you come to appear before Me, Who requires of you this trampling of My courts?
    Isa 1:13 “Bring your worthless offerings no longer, Incense is an abomination to Me. New moon and sabbath, the calling of assemblies– I cannot endure iniquity and the solemn assembly.
    Isa 1:14 “I hate your new moon {festivals} and your appointed feasts, They have become a burden to Me; I am weary of bearing {them.}

The scriptures just tell us what Moses said. They do not tell us that what he said was true.
    Maybe Moses just made some things up on the way down the mountain to insure that he and his family were well cared for in the desert.

Tim

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi again Not3in1,

I don't know how much you have studied Ex. But read Ex 25 thru 30.
    Tell me how God who commanded no idols would have Moses come back and
    make all kinds of idols out of pure gold. How God who seems to hate fancy robes
    tells Moses to make purple robes with gold chains and all kinds of rare jewels.

I have a hard time believing that the God that created the entire, awsome universe,
    would waste time telling Moses these intricate rituals of touching blood to the ears,
    sprinkling blood everywhere and performing the masonic handshake.

Allright, I made up the Masonic handshake. But look how everything else
    appears to create grandiose and wealth for Moses. Not God.
    Very similar to what you see the televangelest doing today.

Maybe that is the real reason that God made Moses wander the desert for
    forty years until he was ready to die.

Tim

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Tim,

I actually agree with quite a bit of your thinking. I've pondered some of the very same things before that you are pondering. I will revisit some of these OT passages and take a new look.

Instead of losing faith in God (because our Bibles are flawed), I believe that the holy spirit of God lives in each one of us who believes. Our Father will guide us into all truth. That is why I tell Laurel that some theories sound good – they even look good on paper (i.e.; the Bible), but that doesn't make the theories true. Anyway, I'm still putting together all that I believe.

Thanks for the chat, bro. I'm always glad to see that you are here. :)

TimothyVI
    Participant

Thank you not3in1,

Please let me know what you think God is saying in these passages that I quoted.
    PM or email if you like. I am sincerely interested in your thoughts.

I was a much more “content” Christian before I started to really study the bible, and I just
    let people tell me what I should believe. But I don't think that we are called to be content.
    We are called to learn the truth, and it is sometimes a struggle. It is also sometimes unpopular.

Blessings on you and your family,

Tim

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Aug. 31 2007,09:00)
    Thank you not3in1,

Please let me know what you think God is saying in these passages that I quoted.
    PM or email if you like. I am sincerely interested in your thoughts.

I was a much more “content” Christian before I started to really study the bible, and I just
    let people tell me what I should believe. But I don't think that we are called to be content.
    We are called to learn the truth, and it is sometimes a struggle. It is also sometimes unpopular.

Blessings on you and your family,

Tim

Bro,

I was going to cut your post and make remarks like, “Amen to that!” but then I kept reading and had the same reaction to almost every sentence! Ha!

So….Amen to everything! :)

Cult Buster
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Aug. 31 2007,09:13)
    I envy those people who can merely say that every word in the bible is truth, and not worry about the contridictions.
    I struggle with the fact that I can not believe that.

In fact I think God tried to warn us against believing all that is in the bible.

I am curious how we know which scriptures to throw out as well. Also which version of the bible is the most accurate.

People have obviously decided that the scribes added to the scriptures, consequently we have removed things like 1 John 5:7 from all newer additions of the bible. Even the canonization was not inspired by God. If it was then how could the protestants remove 14 complete books from the official authorized bible that we consider to be the right one.

The scriptures themselves tell us to not believe everything that is written because the scribes lied.

Tim. What's your take on the following?

2Ti 3:16  All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

Cult Buster
    Participant

I just love the following scripture:

TITUS 2:13 awaiting our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ

:O

Proclaimer
    Participant

CultB.

If you believe the following scripture:

2 Timothy 3:16
    All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

then you should believe other scriptures too, such as:

John 1:18
    No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

1 Corinthians 8:6
    yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

John 17:3
    Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Yet you do not teach these truths. Rather you deny them.
    Shame on you. You preach that all scripture is profitable for doctrine, then teach a doctrine that denies the above scriptures as well as hundreds of other scriptures.

https://heavennet.net/writings/trinity-11.htm

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account