Adieu!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Would you judge the commands of God to natural men when He gives different ones to the sons of God?

kejonn
    Participant

???

Stop taking the NT as a replacement for the OT. You act as if God was just mulling around with the Jews for 100os of years, toying with them. God doesn't think any more of you than me or a Jew. Get off your high spiritual horse.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    God dealt with his natural chosen people through anointed men.
    Now he offers that anointing to all, Jew and Gentile in Christ.
    Paul fell off his high horse when he met Christ.
    Then what a faithful servant he was.

kejonn
    Participant

If that is the case, how is what Paul says any greater than any other Christian?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Do you know of any others in the Body of Christ more endowed with the Spirit in wisdom than Paul?
    Listen to them when you find them
    but till then listen to Paul.

kejonn
    Participant

So Paul is a stop-gap?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Until you can find another he and the other apostles are full of truth.

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 24 2008,16:00)
    Hi KJ,
    Until you can find another he and the other apostles are full of truth.

technically Nick there are others. you want a list of their names?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    None since the bible was written.
    Now the Spirit gives us the revelation of what is written.
    The rest are fakes.

kejonn
    Participant

So any Christian who writes anything while under inspiration is a fake? So much for the Spirit. You really don't trust God to adequately inspire anymore, do you Nick? When did you stop having faith in God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    No. It is written what the work of the Spirit now is and it is the reminding of the Word of Christ, the revelation of the future as already written, the inner teaching about sin and righteousness and the gifts and fruit shown in Christ also being continued in his Body.

However men will follow other spirits, false teachers, false prophets and false Christs.

kejonn
    Participant

So again you are saying that God and Jesus have been rehashing the same words for 2000 years? I guess its easier that way, God can just pop in a “spiritual soundtrack” and select “repeat”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Men can study the bible all their lives and only grow more ignorant.
    Two minutes of preaching by a complete stranger like Peter or Paul can cause folk to commit their lives.

Not3in1
    Participant

Hey Kevin,

Isaiah asked me this question and it kinda took me off guard, I want to ask you the same question, and that is – what is the single most convincing thing you have studied so far that makes you believe that the NT (and Jesus for that matter) is bogus? Of course he put it more eloquently, but that's the jist. What say you?

kejonn
    Participant

Haha, I don't think the NT or Jesus is bogus. I just don't see it — or any religious text — as God's words. Men (and/or women) wrote every word you read. The OT is about a nation and their view of God, the NT is about Jesus and Paul (with a few others thrown in), and it is then about men's view of Jesus and God.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 25 2008,10:38)
    Haha, I don't think the NT or Jesus is bogus. I just don't see it — or any religious text — as God's words. Men (and/or women) wrote every word you read. The OT is about a nation and their view of God, the NT is about Jesus and Paul (with a few others thrown in), and it is then about men's view of Jesus and God.

So can it be trusted?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Jesus quoted the bible as if it was irrefutable truth.
    Would you disagree?

Not3in1
    Participant

Have you ever wondered why Jesus didn't tell his disciples to write what he taught for later generations? Jesus obviously appreciated the OT and he knew his mission was part of the plan……God wrote the 10 Commandments…..why didn't Jesus leave any writings behind?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    He left men anointed with his Spirit to write for him, reminding them of every word, every jot and tittle, that needed to be written.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 24 2008,17:39)

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 25 2008,10:38)

So can it be trusted?

As far as you have faith in God and what you read agrees with your view of God.

Seriously, with 1000s of denominations interpreting what we have differently, are people doing that anyway?

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account