Acts 20:28

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Woutlaw
    Participant

Shalom brother XXXXXXX

I hope all is well with you and your family. I will now address another one of your scriptures you shared with me to prove that Jesus is YHWH.

Acts 20:28 states,

28Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Now let’s look at the Greek word for blood:

129haima hah'-ee-mah of uncertain derivation; blood, literally (of men or animals), figuratively (the juice of grapes) or specially (the atoning blood of Christ); by implication, bloodshed, also kindred:–blood

So this Greek word has a literal meaning, and a figurative meaning. So the big question is which meaning is the correct one? The figurative meaning is the correct one in this passage. NOT THE LITERAL ONE. The Lord Jesus told us that God is a spirit (John 4:24). Colossians 1:15 tells us that God is invisible. How can a invisible spirit being have literal blood?

I will give you an example of what I’m trying to say. Let’s say you have Cousin A, and Cousin B. Let’s say Cousin B commits a serious act of betrayal against Cousin A. It can be said that Cousin B betrayed his “own blood”. Now it would be silly to take this literally because Cousin B can’t betray his own literal blood. This is figurative meaning that Cousin B betrayed his own kindred.

This same figurative meaning applies to Acts 20:28. God purchased the church with his own kindred (SON). John 3:16 tells us that God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son (kindred) so that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

Brakah

NickHassan
    Participant

amen

seminarian
    Participant

Excellent post Brakah,

You wrote in conclusion: This same figurative meaning applies to Acts 20:28. God purchased the church with his own kindred (SON). John 3:16 tells us that God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son (kindred) so that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

The scriptures back you up in this and here is another Bible truth to consider. Read as Paul wrote: “Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man and the head of Christ is GOD.” (1 Cor 11:3)

“Head” in this case also denotes authority and ownership. Notice the connection as shown in man's relationship / headship over the woman. A husband, under Mosaic law, is not only head of the wife but OWNER. So as this carries through to Christ's head being God, the Father is in fact OWNER of His Son's precious blood. The Law was written by God Almighty and you can see it being applied here as well.

Thanks for illucidating on this point. It's one many trinitarians will attempt to use in the literal sense. However with the scripture I've provided, that avenue has also been explored.

Bless ya'

Semmy

Proclaimer
    Participant

Thanks Woutlaw.

:)

Woutlaw
    Participant

Brakah isn't a person,

its hebrew for blessings. This response to Acts 20:28 and the other one on John 8:58 are part of an ongoing debate i'm having with an elder in a Oneness Pentecostal Church I used to attend. I thought I would post these to possibly help someone else.

Ramblinrose
    Participant

Agreed Woutlaw,

The following translations refect this also.

Acts 20:28 Take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God which he obtained with the blood of his own Son. (RSV)

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore to yourselves, and to all the flock, wherein the Holy Spirit has set you as overseers, to shepherd the assembly of God, which he has purchased with the blood of his own. (DBY)

Shalom

NickHassan
    Participant

This is topical

NickHassan
    Participant

This is topical

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This is topical again.
    If Acts 20.28 refers to the blood of God Himself then immutable God is and always has been a visible man, has a flesh and blood body and died on the cross.

Of course it refers to the blood of His Son.

He is God's kin.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account