A vision or dream?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Feb. 14 2008,16:51)
    Being as that I'm not really trying to preach to them I really don't see how that can be it.

As if you could preach to a Oneness church anyway…sorry bit of humor there.

No…I don't know what exactly that was supposed to mean, if anything at all.

I really do not know if my dreams mean anything or not.  They seem real enough as if they are meant to mean something.  I could  just be thinking they are supposed to mean something.

I tend to think I'm something more than I am from time to time, and or open my mouth and speak just a little too much from time to time…maybe thats what is means.  GOD only knows.

I just have to seek his advice, and pray that he gives me the answer, and have Faith.

Hi Samuel:

If you know the truth, you have the responsibility to share the truth with those who will hear. If they won't hear, the Lord has said to shake the dust off of your feet.

You may not see yourself as a preacher, perhaps not one who is preaching from the pulpit on Sunday, but you are in the sense that the Word of God is in your heart to share with those who will hear.

God Bless

Heavens
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Feb. 13 2008,12:41)
    I had one just recently that I was preaching and I had this paranoid feeling as if people were not believing what I was saying. I'm not even a preacher. And, then I seen this box and it was empty…then I woke up.

I had a dream similar to this once, in the sense that I was `preaching' to a small crowd (I'm not a preacher either).

The people in the crowd suddenly indicated that they couldn't hear what I was saying properly.

It didn't matter how loud I shouted, the crowd indicated that they couldn't hear properly.

That's when I woke up.

I don't really know what it means, but assumed that I was lacking confidence in myself to be able to pass on what I had learnt.

To all! I never had a vision that was not scary. One time a man with one of those hats on, that they wore in the 50th's was walking next to my Bed on the side were my Bed is against the wall. It scared me so badly, and another time when a cloud that looked like a whirlwind that was over my legs and it felt like it was going into my legs, I screamed for my Husband and the cloud left. I know I dream because when I wake up I feel happy, but I can never remember the dream. Can somebody tell me what does vision's could have been. They seemed so real. I know that I am not crazy or on drugs.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Heavens
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 17 2008,15:07)
    To all!  I never had a vision that was not scary.

Mrs, I often have dreams that frighten me to the point that they wake me up.

These dreams never have a real `story' or `message' to them and are never finished because the topic wakes me up suddenly.

I wouldn't consider these dreams as visions as I am not left with a suggestion of what I might do and the dreams do not have a message to them.

The dreams that you describe are telling you nothing and are incomplete also.

Unless there is something `good' about them, I'd treat them as nightmares, and not prophetic or visionary.

God bless!
    Heavens

Not to trivialise the the matter, I have discovered that if I eat dairy foods a couple of hours prior to my going to bed I have such horrific, blood curdling dreams that they make `The Little Shop of Horrors' as tame as `The Sound of Music'..!

Quote (Heavens @ Feb. 17 2008,15:54)

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 17 2008,15:07)
    To all!  I never had a vision that was not scary.

Mrs, I often have dreams that frighten me to the point that they wake me up.

These dreams never have a real `story'  or `message' to them and are never finished because the topic wakes me up suddenly.

I wouldn't consider these dreams as visions as I am not left with a suggestion of what I might do and the dreams do not have a message to them.

The dreams that you describe are telling you nothing and are incomplete also.

Unless there is something `good' about them, I'd treat them as nightmares, and not prophetic or visionary.

God bless!
    Heavens

Not to trivialise the the matter, I have discovered that if I eat dairy foods a couple of hours prior to my going to bed I have such horrific, blood curdling dreams that they make `The Little Shop of Horrors'  as tame as `The Sound of Music'..!

Really I eat yogurt every night before I go to sleep. Is that my answer to the problem I wonder?

Peace and Lovew Mrs.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes visions occur when one is awake but Dreaming Dreams occurs in same way in your sleep. The Holy Spirit MUST be present to have either. The spirit disconnects the connections to the brain that record sight sound and other senses and replaces with a recording of the vision. You remain breathing and heart beating by the automatic functions of the lower brain. Your memories are now of the vision and you have no recall of present surroundings until you leave the vision or dream when Holy Ghost reconnects your path-ways, how this is done I can only guess? When it does happen it can be very sudden but first experiences can be drawn out so as not to shock the individual too much. The Holy Ghost is the Comforter and would not want to shock someone Terribly but lets face it visions and dreams don't happen every day so some amount of shock is to be expected.

The vision ,if you were awake, seems clear to me but seems to be missing a begining and more at the end? You may of been scared at end and awoke from vision but what else happened at start? The Floating on the Water is very similar to the Floating feeling a Spirit feels when separated from body at death. The vision of the Cross in sky can be symbolic of Christ. Why it is Black I can't say?

Visions can be quite unsettling and I bet you have had this on your mind a lot from time it happened? I have and do think on mine very often.  Visions are generally very Vivid and difficult to forget. Then there is the Why Me? This I also can not answer? Hope this helps in small way?

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Kimba,
    Welcome to you. If you don't mind, please share your vision with us.
    God bless,
    LU

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dreams and Visions
        In “Acertainchap's” first post on visions and dreams in this thread, Chap stated that he “was young not old but had a dream” , this doesn't follow Acts:2:17 Which states Young men will have visions and Old Men will dream dreams.

I also have had both dreams and visions and Had dreams when young and visions only when middle aged about 50. So this Seems to counterdict Acts Prophesy for Last Days.

Upon more consideration and writing about such in this forum I relaized it was not age that was critical as to wheither you dream dreams or see visions, Rather it was intensity of experience that was the KEY! this completely follows my experiences. Young men get the more intense experiences weither in a dream or vision and Old men get less intense versions of both probalby mostly Dreams as Visions as I know them can be more vivid and shocking. While a sleep slipping into a vision threw a dream is almost a Normal part of sleeping. I must say that dreaming dreams does leave a strong impression on you and if not you should re-think or re-evaluate wheither it was truly a vision or just a normal dream?

One last point is that my last experiences while middle aged where built up slowly starting with visions of less intensity to more intense over several years time to accustom me to the experience.

Enjoy your visions Brothers of All Ages. :laugh:

Anonymous
    Inactive

To Lightenup – My visions

My most intense vision was similar to what Paul partially described in 2 COR

2 Cor. 12: 2

2  I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

I have already fully Listed this vision in another thread of this forum in thread titled as “Anyone had Vision of Life after Death”

Check this out and Let me know if you would like to hear visions from the start of my seeing them but my take some time and probalby several forum entries to complete.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    We must always bear in mind
    Col2
    18Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind,

Anonymous
    Inactive

You are correct Nick! I'm truly not sure if one should speak of Visions to those that have not?

Before I depart,  2 of Pauls in 2 Cor

6 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.
     7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations

and My favourite : 9 & 10

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.   :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi K8,
    Thanks for sharing.
    It is the pondering attitude we take to what we experience that I think God wants.

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account