A spirit, once dead, reborn

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 315 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Not agreement but a suggestion you look deeper into the verse.

My understanding of the verse is in accordance and supported by other scripture. Your interpretation is what? Would you mind once again giving it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    No babysitting service here so let your fingers do the walking.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 24 2006,02:07)
    Hi kenrch,
    Can you give your own sons salvation?

Why do you try to evade the answer to a simple question?

If I or Nick being evil would grant my son salvation HOW MUCH MORE would my Farher in heaven grant salvation to my son.

Is God more righteous than Nick?  I believe God is much more righteous than everyone.  So then God would save my son even without water.  What about your son Nick?  Are you going to let God save your son or are you going to send your child to damnation because of your pride?

Seems I can't get you to tell me. Do you stand on your teaching? No water no salvation!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ken,
    Who gives salvation?
    Can you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Should we expect God to ignore His own Spirit's teaching to us and to give salvation to all His sons born through Adam?

That is the heresy of universalism. Should we make assumptions from outside of scripture as to how He relates to men based on our own ideas of goodness?

God has given all men the way of Jesus to follow and He is faithful to fulfill His promises in that regard. To put that sacrifice aside in favour of our own assumptions is to cast scorn on the Saviour's suffering and death.

He has also shown us that He will show mercy outside of that way-but only to those who have served Christ in his servants.

And He will fill up the empty seats at the wedding feast with the poor and downtrodden.

But these are His teachings and we do not make any assumptions outside of what He has revealed.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 26 2006,06:11)
    Hi H,
    No babysitting service here so let your fingers do the walking.

Spoken like a true man of the flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Do you reall want us to continue to repeat ourselves to save you doing some research through the recent posts? Umm. Naah

Ask Christ into your heart. Your sins will be forgiven. He will wash them away with his blood. You will be born again.

Gal. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Gal. 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ July 26 2006,23:30)
    Ask Christ into your heart. Your sins will be forgiven. He will wash them away with his blood. You will be born again.

Hi H,
    Is this your gospel?
    If not where is it written?

Do I have to lead you by the hand Nick?

How can you claim to be born again and not know these things? You claim to be led by the Spirit and yet you do not have Christ in your heart? So what spirit, if not of Christ is it that leads you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    You speak wth a strangers voice and your message is of man and lacks scriptural basis or you would have shown me it in scripture. Go back to basics H.

Open your eyes Nick. I know now that you have not been saved. If you do not know that Jesus is in our hearts when we are saved, then you have not been saved.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 26 2006,20:10)
    Hi ken,
    Who gives salvation?
    Can you?

Nick you can't offer Christ? I can and do offer Christ (Salvation). I'm I to say “ok now that you have accepted Christ into your heart you must be baptized because what you just did means nothing unless you get dunked you will burn. God doesn't care that you gave your heart to Him.

When are you going to answer the question?

Did you not read the scriptures I posted Nick? Did they not say Christ is in our heart? Did you ignore them?

Nick, ask Jesus into your heart. If you do it and mean it with all of your heart, you will be saved.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ July 27 2006,00:00)
    Nick, ask Jesus into your heart. If you do it and mean it with all of your heart, you will be saved.

Hi H,
    I know Christ is born into us and grows in us by the work of Christ's Spirit into which we are baptised by Christ when we are reborn of the Spirit.

John the baptist said he himself baptised in water but pointed to Jesus as the one who was greater than him because he was before him and because HE is the one who baptises in the Spirit.

I ask again where is it written that we can invite Christ into our hearts ourselves to initiate this process ourselves.?

Faith

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 26 2006,20:45)
    Hi kenrch,
    Should we expect God to ignore His own Spirit's teaching to us and to give salvation to all His sons born through Adam?

That is the heresy of universalism. Should we make assumptions from outside of scripture as to how He relates to men based on our own ideas of goodness?

God has given all men the way of Jesus to follow and He is faithful to fulfill His promises in that regard. To put that sacrifice aside in favour of our own assumptions is to cast scorn on the Saviour's suffering and death.

He has also shown us that He will show mercy outside of that way-but only to those who have served Christ in his servants.

And He will fill up the empty seats at the wedding feast with the poor and downtrodden.

But these are His teachings and we do not make any assumptions outside of what He has revealed.

Oh NO God cares more about rules than life! God is going to say “TOUGH” you gave me your heart but you couldn't get to water in time so now I will punish you. NO no no don't tell me that you got caught in the war with Israel and died! That won't do! There is No excuse! That “holy water” cleans your spirit so you won't dirty my house! Does that sound like your god, Nick? Because it certainly does not sound like a God of LOVE.

Just like the Pharisees live by the letter of the law. We have the law written on our heart and mind. Like the Catholics who eat the body and drink the blood of Christ. Spiritual they just don't understand.

You deny scripture that clearly explains that all you need do is know that ” The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, THE WORD OF FAITH (NOT WORKS), That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; “and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation”.

You water alone won't save you. So I guess you are saying that it's a combination of things. Like a code to the lock of heaven. Once you receive Christ you will be baptized.

What happens to babes who die as infants. Are not those who accept Christ babes, infants! You make my God out to be a murder! And I don't like it!!

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 315 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account