A spirit, once dead, reborn

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 315 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Jesus also demands that we eat His flesh and drink his blood.

I must say I am disappointed that you will not stand on your own teaching and deny your son salvation.

I'm going to turn off for awhile. If I do not return tonight everyone have a joyful, blessed, peaceful night.

God bless,

kenrch

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Can you give your own sons salvation?

Nick, where is scripture is water baptism anything other then symbolism? You are grounded in the teachings of men that you so continuously proclaim all should escape from. It is the Catholic church that started that salvation came by baptism and you are defending it.

By recieving water baptism, a man is making a formal statement to the world that he has been changed, born again. He is proclaiming that he died to his old self is now a new creature in Christ. For the world did not see what occured inside the man, and by the man recieving water baptism, he is giving glory to God. Praise God. Thus giving the man a good conscience towards God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So it is just advertising? I think it is more than that, rather a requirement by God for forgiveness to be granted, and appeal to God for a cleamsed conscience. I can see what you are getting at but I do not see written confirmation of what you say.

So is bearing witness that a man is baptized by the blood of the lamb, by water in the name of Jesus and baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit is advertizing?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Hmmm.
    1 Peter 3 says that water baptism is an APPEAL to God For that cleansing, not an afterwards event so we should not put the cart before the horse.

Again you misinterpret scripture. Not the putting away of filth of the flesh. It is a good concience towards God. It is the blood that cleanses our sins Nick, not the water. How often do we have to go over this. Water saves no one. Blood is what washes away our sins.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Scripture is saying there that washing dirt off our skin does nothing to improve our relationship with God. The washing is an APPEAL to God for the inner sprinkling that cleases the inner vessel by the forgiveness of our sins.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hio H,
    I guess we keep doing this till the Spirit of God shows you that your doctinal dogmatic view of these matters is faulty. I cannot show you but God can if we are patient.

Nick, you have already agreed once with me, then changed your mind and now again you are at odds. My doctrine is not my own, for it comes from above. It is given by the unction of the Holy Spirit and it for this reason it cannot be torn assunder. You cannot see it for your heart is hardened and you do not have Christ in your heart. For if you had Christ in your heart, you would know the doctrine of Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    None of us is a pure spring of truth.
    We need to grow in knowledge by listening.
    We all need to learn from Apollos in Acts 18

“24Now a Jew named (A)Apollos, an (B)Alexandrian by birth, an eloquent man, came to ©Ephesus; and he was mighty in the Scriptures.

25This man had been instructed in (D)the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he was speaking and teaching accurately the things concerning Jesus, being acquainted only with (E)the baptism of John.

26and he began to speak out boldly in the synagogue. But when (F)Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside and explained to him (G)the way of God more accurately.”

When I asked Christ in my heart, I was born again. I was pricked in my heart and repented of my sins and the blood of Jesus washed my sins away. He has been in my heart ever since. This is what it means to be born again. This is salvation. It is not water that saves us. It is the blood of Christ and Christ coming to live in us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Is your own experience evidence enough for all of us to follow you?

kenrch
    Participant

H,

You can't tell Nick he is wrong. I have never seen him admit he is wrong. Yet he knows he's wrong which is why he won't answer my question.

He won't stand on his teaching by answering a simple question. Yet he won't admit he is wrong. He is ignorant of the righteous of God.

You are correct he agreed with you. The light shown through the darkness for an instant but then Nick's pride took over.

I know your feeling. if Nick's pride won't let him believe he is wrong well that's up to Nick. But he should not be teaching something he himself knows is WRONG to others.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    You say
    “Nick, you have already agreed once with me, then changed your mind”
    I have agreed with some things you have said that are in line with scripture. Please show me this matter if it confuses you.

Kenrch you have perhaps not been around long enough to see me grateful to learn but it is not infrequent. Don't judge. Keep tuned.

kenrch
    Participant

Hey Nick,

Nick I'm not judgeing you. I'm judgeing your teaching. Scripture shows God's mercy and righteousness. When shown scripture that tells of God's righteousness you say it is someones opinion.

If I'm wrong then just answer that simple question. I have answered it over and over. I Still await yours.

Stay tuned, that I will Nick don't worry :D

Nick, you agreed once that water baptism does not save a man, than you turned and said it did. Which is it?

As for my experience, let the Holy Scriptures fortell how the Lord came into my heart.

Gal. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Gal. 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    You seem to have become dull of hearing.
    Again and again I have said that Water Baptism[repentance, belief,Spirit baptism] ALONE does not save a man.
    Compris?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 24 2006,23:37)
    Hi H,
    Hmmm.
    1 Peter 3 says that water baptism is an APPEAL to God For that cleansing, not an afterwards event so we should not put the cart before the horse.

And what do you suppose you meant by this?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 315 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account