3 BAPTISMS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 314 total)
  • Author

Nick, by saying that Romans 6 is water baptism is dedection and many decuce it wrong. For no place does it say water anywhere. They deduce it is water because it says the word baptism. Yet, they are wrong assuming it is of water. For one must decide if this baptism related to salvation and it does. And there is a baptism that saves us as spoken of in 1Peter 3:21, the baptism of putting away of the flesh. Just as it says in Romans 6:6. The body of sin is destroyed. There is no deduction here Nick. I stand on the Word of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Baptism, unqualified in scripture, is water baptism and all other baptisms are compared with it as a type.

I showed you 9 verses in Acts where the unqualified word BAPTISM appears and asked you which one it was but you never replied suggesting you agreed it was of water. Did you not believe so?

eg ACTS 16
    ” 15And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us”

“33And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway”

You have eyes and cannot see. Your heart is not right with God.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Do you understand this verse Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Which baptism does this refer to because the word is not qualified here?
    eg ACTS 16
    ” 15And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us”

“33And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway”

Debra
    Participant

Hi H
    I am wondering…Are you familiar with the teaching of William Marrion Branham on Baptism?

malcolm ferris
    Participant

“No sinner can become a Christian before he knows that it is God's will to save him.”
    (FF Bosworth)

Repentance must first occur if water baptism is to have any meaning and effect.
    And how shall they repent unless they first hear the Word
    So that they may realize their present wretched condition
    and God's intention to deliver them from it?

Amen.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (malcolm ferris @ Sep. 30 2006,00:00)
    “No sinner can become a Christian before he knows that it is God's will to save him.”
    (FF Bosworth)

Repentance must first occur if water baptism is to have any meaning and effect.
    And how shall they repent unless they first hear the Word
    So that they may realize their present wretched condition
    and God's intention to deliver them from it?

Amen malcolm!
    Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father that sent me draw him: and I will raise him up in the last day.
    Jesus is our high priest that has covered us with His blood.

Dear brothers and sisters,

To teach that water baptism saves in a false teaching and is contrary to the Word of God. There are men on this Forum who teach this. I was asked to prove that they are false prophets and here is my proof. It is not water that saves us, but by believing in Jesus Christ. And to teach that water saves is the doctrines of men.

Here is the harm in such a doctrine. A man teaches this and many follow this teaching. Many enter the water thinking that by being baptized in water, they will be saved. Yet, upon death, they find their souls in hell, because they were not born again. They believed the doctrines of men.

Here is how this false doctrine began. A man did get saved while being baptized in water, but he did not abide by the Word of God and began teaching of his experience instead of what the Word of God says. You must understand that salvation is a matter of the heart. It is what happens inside the man that matters. Water baptism is merely the outward symbolism of what occured on the inside of the man. It is saying to the world that we have died to our old self and are new creatures in Christ. It is glorifying God.

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

Acts 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Acts 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Acts 18:8 And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

1 Cor. 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Eph. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Debra
    Participant

When I was Baptized I understood that when I repented before God, and went under the water, I was washed of my sins and covered with the blood of the Lamb, so therefore saved. The Baptisim of the Holy Spirit was when I had hands layed upon me, and my sister and I prayed for the Holy Spirit to come into my life.

Am I saved do you think?

david
    Participant

MATTHEW 24:13
    “he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved.”

malcolm ferris
    Participant

It matters not what anyone else thinks regarding your salvation.
    You must know you are saved.
    And you are to work out your own salvation with awe.
    How to work it out?
    By giving yourself the Word test – moment by moment.
    Lining your thoughts and actions up with the Word and being conformed by the Spirit
    to the image of Christ.

Now as much as it may appear I am addressing this to you Debra – be sure that this is written with all of us – including myself – in mind.

:D

Debra
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    I do believe I'm saved. and it dosn't matter to me who might disagree that I am, my Salvation is between Jesus and myself.
    All that matters to me is that I remain obedient to God and His Word.
    Praise God for my salvation.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Amen to that

Quote (Debra @ Sep. 30 2006,03:27)
    When I was Baptized I understood that when I repented before God, and went under the water, I was washed of my sins and  covered with the blood of the Lamb, so therefore saved. The Baptisim of the Holy Spirit was when I had hands layed upon me, and my sister  and I prayed for the Holy Spirit to come into my life.

Am I saved do you think?

Dear Debra,

It is not water that washed away your sins. It is the blood of the Lamb that washed away your sins. If you have been taught that it is water that washes your sins away, you have to ask yourself, what does scripture say? Scripture says our sins are removed by the blood of the lamb, not by water.

Why do believers want to rob salvation of the blood that saves them? Do you not understand the importance of the blood. Without the blood, there would be not remission of sins. What is more important, water or blood? The church for too long has turned it's back on the blood of the lamb. I rebuke all who do this. It is time to change this. For the power is in the blood of the lamb.

Heb. 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Acts 20:28 Take heed, therefore, to yourselves, and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the assembly of the Lord and God which he purchased with his own blood.

Romans 3:25 whom God set forth to be an atoning sacrifice, through faith in his blood, for a demonstration of his righteousness through the passing over of prior sins, in God's forbearance;

Ephesians 1:7 in whom we have our redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off are made near in the blood of Christ.

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Colossians 1:20 and through him to reconcile all things to himself, by him, whether things on the earth, or things in the heavens, having made peace through the blood of his cross.

Hebrews 9:12 nor yet through the blood of goats and calves, but through his own blood, entered in once for all into the Holy Place, having obtained eternal redemption.

Hebrews 9:13 For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled, sanctify to the cleanness of the flesh: (WEB KJV WEY ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
    Hebrews 9:14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Hebrews 12:24 to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better than that of Abel.

Hebrews 13:12 Therefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people through his own blood, suffered outside of the gate.

1 Peter 1:2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, that you may obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with his blood: Grace to you and peace be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:19 but with precious blood, as of a faultless and pure lamb, the blood of Christ;

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.

Revelation 7:14 I told him, “My lord, you know.” He said to me, “These are those who came out of the great tribulation. They washed their robes, and made them white in the Lamb's blood.

Revelation 12:11 They overcame him because of the Lamb's blood, and because of the word of their testimony. They didn't love their life, even to death.

As for you being saved, Debra, the proof will be if you are of the Spirit of God or not. Those who are of the same Spirit will know the things of God. If you deny his Word, would you say that you are saved? Yet, if you stand on his Word, then could you not say you are saved?

And if you say it is water that removes our sins, then your heart is not right with God. As to saying if you are saved, like you said, that is between you and God, but know that your fruit will bear witness to your stand in the faith.

Dear Debra,

When you repented, you were baptized into Christ through is blood. Your sins were washed away by the blood of the lamb. Your heart was changed. When you received the baptism of water, you told the world who could not see what had happened inside of you that you are a new creature in Christ. You told the world that you died to your old self and have been born again, a new creature in Christ.

Do you believe this Debra?

Praise God, for he deserves all the pre-eminence and the glory.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi debra,
    Heiscomingintheclouds offers himself as a christ to follow and he searches daily for followers. His teachings are derived obscurely from scripture but not based on what is written.

We have a Christ and we were warned about such men.

Debra
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Sep. 30 2006,18:08)

Quote (Debra @ Sep. 30 2006,03:27)
    When I was Baptized I understood that when I repented before God, and went under the water, I was washed of my sins and covered with the blood of the Lamb, so therefore saved. The Baptisim of the Holy Spirit was when I had hands layed upon me, and my sister and I prayed for the Holy Spirit to come into my life.

Am I saved do you think?

Dear Debra,

It is not water that washed away your sins. It is the blood of the Lamb that washed away your sins. If you have been taught that it is water that washes your sins away, you have to ask yourself, what does scripture say? Scripture says our sins are removed by the blood of the lamb, not by water.

Why do believers want to rob salvation of the blood that saves them? Do you not understand the importance of the blood. Without the blood, there would be not remission of sins. What is more important, water or blood? The church for too long has turned it's back on the blood of the lamb. I rebuke all who do this. It is time to change this. For the power is in the blood of the lamb.

Heb. 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Acts 20:28 Take heed, therefore, to yourselves, and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the assembly of the Lord and God which he purchased with his own blood.

Romans 3:25 whom God set forth to be an atoning sacrifice, through faith in his blood, for a demonstration of his righteousness through the passing over of prior sins, in God's forbearance;

Ephesians 1:7 in whom we have our redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off are made near in the blood of Christ.

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Colossians 1:20 and through him to reconcile all things to himself, by him, whether things on the earth, or things in the heavens, having made peace through the blood of his cross.

Hebrews 9:12 nor yet through the blood of goats and calves, but through his own blood, entered in once for all into the Holy Place, having obtained eternal redemption.

Hebrews 9:13 For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled, sanctify to the cleanness of the flesh: (WEB KJV WEY ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
    Hebrews 9:14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Hebrews 12:24 to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better than that of Abel.

Hebrews 13:12 Therefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people through his own blood, suffered outside of the gate.

1 Peter 1:2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, that you may obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with his blood: Grace to you and peace be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:19 but with precious blood, as of a faultless and pure lamb, the blood of Christ;

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.

Revelation 7:14 I told him, “My lord, you know.” He said to me, “These are those who came out of the great tribulation. They washed their robes, and made them white in the Lamb's blood.

Revelation 12:11 They overcame him because of the Lamb's blood, and because of the word of their testimony. They didn't love their life, even to death.

Hi H
    I never said I thought it was water that washed away my sins, I said when I went under the water (symbolizing)washing.

I know what your saying about the blood and I'm not dissagreeing with you, I'm expressing it differantly from you.

I am clean by the blood of the Lamb, and the water symbolizes dying to our old self when I went under, and coming up washed clean.
    Hope you can understand what I mean and not focus to much on the words I use to express it.
    I don't know any Christian who has turned their backs on the blood of the Lamb, or would say it isn't the blood that cleans us.

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 314 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account