• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy
    Participant

Hi all,
    This is my first post and not one that I thought I'd be writing after waiting so long to join.

I believe that we are getting close to the end when our Lord will return, however its clear that no one knows the day or the hour of when this will be, so no I don`t think 21.12.2012 will be the end.

However there are a few things about the mayan calender that have stood out to me.

One is the fact that the calender is split into 13 periods of time, which reminds of Jesus and the 12 apostles making 13.

Another is the fact that each period of time is split into 144,000 days which made me think of the 144,000 mentioned in revelations.

There is also the timing with a lot of us believing that we are seeing signs of the end all around us.

The final thing is the fact that they used the stars to make their calender, this made me think of Genesis 1:14 where it says that the stars must serve as signs.

I've done a fair bit of thinking about `What if something major does happen` i thought about what i might do to survive. I have even prayed about it.

The answer I got was not to worry about my flesh but my spirit.  Its not a time for buying bunkers and stocking up food, its a time to put your faith in god and to draw close to him, its not about what bad things may be coming our way, but about the kingdom to come after them. The very good news that Jesus gave us.

Would love to hear other peoples views on this.

God bless

Jeremy

Lightenup
    Participant

Welcome Jeremy,
    I agree that it is more important to strengthen our spirit and seek spiritual discernment and spiritual wisdom. Stocking up food is not an unwise thing though, consider Joseph who prepared for the famine by doing just that and was able to feed many. Local food pantries are quite beneficial when catastrophe hits. Taking care of the flesh is a wise thing to do for within our body resides the Holy Spirit if we are believers in the only begotten Son of God and made Him Lord of our lives. If we don't take care of our bodies then we may need others to take care of our bodies for us. We have a responsibility here to our flesh while God still has us wrapped within it.
    As always,
    Prov 3:5Trust in the LORD with all your heart
    And do not lean on your own understanding.

6In all your ways acknowledge Him,
    And He will make your paths straight.

Again, welcome Jeremy! I hope your time here will drive you to the truth and that you will not be swayed by clever arguments that are misleading.

Blessings,
    Kathi

seekingtruth
    Participant

Welcome Jeremy,
    Actually we keep a pantry stocked for various reasons but what we do is buy bulk, or sales items (the better the sale the more we buy) We save at least 50% on our food costs, we have food at hand to help others and maintain a supply for emergencies (not a bad idea in Michigan anyway). Even then you never know what might happen so trusting God remains your only security.

Hope you stick around – Wm

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yeah it is a good idea to have stock.
    I live on a major fault line which means Tsunami risk too.
    But we live 45 metres above sea level which is considered safe for Tsunamis.
    Have heaps of water stocked too.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Here is one guy's view of 2012, whom I think has some good points.
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….;t=4147

Here is Chuck Missler's take:
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….;t=4146

terraricca
    Participant

All

any one that think that he will prevent any disaster to reach him ,is out of is mind,

but any one that trust in the God of Christ and follow his will and LOVE him with all his heart,mind and soul and in truth,

DOES NOT HAVE TO WORRY GOD LOVE THOSE HOW LOVE HIM AND HE ALSO TAKE CARE OF THEM,

just as Noah was saved ,and LOT so Gods people will be saved .

WRONG TOPIC

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account