1 John 5.20 – Christ is not the true God?

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 1,982 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    No that is not what is written.
    You seem confused

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 31 2012,14:32)
    jammin,

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think he hasn't been named Jesus since the time God begot him before the ages?

Many people have this same idea as you – that his name was something other than Jesus before he was made into a man, or that he didn't have a name back then at all.  I just wonder why, since there is no scripture alluding to this belief as far as I know.

cant you see what the bible says??

wear eyeglasses mike

Luke 2:21

Contemporary English Version (CEV)
    21Eight days later Jesus' parents did for him what the Law of Moses commands. [a] And they named him Jesus, just as the angel had told Mary when he promised she would have a baby.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2012,07:09)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 30 2012,13:59)
    Jesus is the Man nick. dont you see the verse???

“they named him JESUS”

the bible says that Christ (the son of GOD) became flesh, and dwelt among us. and when he was born by a woman, he was given a name JESUS.

Hi Jammin,
    It actually says the WORD.
    Yes Jesus the man became the Christ by anointing.

JOHN 1.1 says that the WORD IS CHRIST, the son of GOD. he is the CHRIST even before at the JORDAN RIVER!

read your bible well. LOL

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Yes jammin,

I can read……………can you?

Luke 2:21
    On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise him, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he had been conceived.

Can you read in Phil 2 that JESUS Christ was existing in the form of God before being made into a human being?

Can you read in Jude 1:25 that JESUS has been Lord and Christ from before the ages?

Can you read in 1 Cor 8:6 that all things were created through our Lord JESUS Christ?

jammin, it seems you think that if God decided to make Michael the Archangel into a human being, and Gabriel told his human parents to name him “Michael” when he was born as a human, that he couldn't have already been named “Michael” in heaven before this.  Why do you think that?

In other words, why do you think “Jesus” was not already his name in heaven, and that the angel was merely telling Joseph and Mary to name him “Jesus” on earth BECAUSE that was already his name in heaven?  

jammin
    Participant

luke 2.21 is true.
    and it happened on the eight day.

read luke 1.30-31
    30 The angel said to her, “Don’t be afraid, Mary, because God is very pleased with you. 31 Listen! You will become pregnant and have a baby boy. You will name him Jesus.

read the verse well mike and pls wear your eyeglasses LOL

mikeboll64
    Blocked

jammin,

Please actually ADDRESS the verses I listed.  Address other people's points once in a while instead of always re-posting just one scripture over and over that you think proves your point.

In doing so, you will learn as well as teach.

I would like you to answer my question:

Do you think it's possible that the angel told Mary to give the child the name “Jesus” because that was already his name in heaven?

If not, why?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2012,23:30)
    Hi T,
    No that is not what is written.
    You seem confused

N

I told you you just do not believe scriptures

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 02 2012,02:42)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2012,07:09)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 30 2012,13:59)
    Jesus is the Man nick. dont you see the verse???

“they named him JESUS”

the bible says that Christ (the son of GOD) became flesh, and dwelt among us. and when he was born by a woman, he was given a name JESUS.

Hi Jammin,
    It actually says the WORD.
    Yes Jesus the man became the Christ by anointing.

JOHN 1.1 says that the WORD IS CHRIST, the son of GOD. he is the CHRIST even before at the JORDAN RIVER!

read your bible well. LOL

Hi Jammin,
    John 1.1 does not say what you claim.
    Who needs glasses?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Offering more speculations if support of a bad foundation cannot add to truth.

“Do you think it's possible that the angel told Mary to give the child the name “Jesus” because that was already his name in heaven?”

mikeboll64
    Blocked

WHY is it my “speculation”, Nick?   ???

Do you not believe Jude 1:25?  Do you not believe 1 Cor 8:6?  Do you not believe Phil 2?

Clearly, someone who was already named “Jesus”, and who was already God's Christ and Son is the one through whom God created all the ages.

To the contrary of your assertion, it is “speculation” when people just assume his name wasn't “Jesus” before he was born of Mary – with no scriptural reason to do so.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 02 2012,07:05)
    To the contrary of your assertion, it is “speculation” when people just assume his name wasn't “Jesus” before he was born of Mary – with no scriptural reason to do so.

Hi Mike,

To the contrary:
    it is YOUR speculation which is going beyond
    what Scripture says, not everyone else's?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Ed,

Can you show a scripture that makes it clear Jesus was NOT his name in heaven before he was named that on earth?

If not, then it is YOU who speculates, not me.  Because, unlike you, I have scriptures that name him as “Jesus” before the world began.

I see that you are coming along nicely following in your father Nick's footsteps.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You are back on your favourite folly of PROVE IT IS NOT SO.
    You PROVE IT if you believe it
    It is YOUR idea

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Your hope that JUDE will back you is a misinterpretation.
    Compare the YLT

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2012,15:22)
    Hi MB,
    Your hope that JUDE will back you is a misinterpretation.

In your own words, You PROVE IT if you believe it. I'll be waiting.

As for MY proof:

Philippians 2
    5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
    7 but made himself nothing,
    taking the form of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.

WHOSE attitude should ours be like? WHO was in the form of God before being made in human likeness?

Now if YOU want to prove that “Jesus” wasn't the name of the one who was in the form of God before being made in human likeness, then YOU need to get to proving it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Would you make CHRIST Jesus just a man from Nazareth?
    You need to decide if the man from Nazareth or his anointing were in the form of God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I don't have to “decide” anything, Nick. The very scriptures say it was JESUS Christ who was in the form of God before being made in human likeness.

It is YOU who needs to decide whether or not you believe the very scriptures.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 02 2012,16:15)
    I don't have to “decide” anything, Nick.  The very scriptures say it was JESUS Christ who was in the form of God before being made in human likeness.

It is YOU who needs to decide whether or not you believe the very scriptures.

Mike

Nick as faith of is own ,he does not believe in scriptures the way they are written ,

he says he believes in Christ but he does not believe what Christ says ,

he believes in the scriptures but not the way they have been written ,

he does not make sens and he is short on words as well   :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Face value only?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

No Nick,

How about instead we all just ignore the plainly written scriptures, and adjust them as needed to fit into our own doctrines.

You said, “The scriptures are carefully laid out”, did you not?

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 1,982 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account