“I Am” Exodus 3:14/John 8:57,58

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 288 total)
  • Author
    charity
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ April 11 2007,18:15)
    David to Tim 2

Question:  How do you feel about logic and normal ways of thinking?

David, let me ask you the same question.
    How do you feel about logic and normal ways of thinking?

Put away your JW's Watchtower glasses for a moment and read the following.

Jehovah whom they have pierced

Jehovah said:

“…and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced” (Zec. 12:10).

The preceding verses (1, 4, 7, 8) identify Jehovah as the one speaking. Christ is the one who was pierced, and John 19:37 clearly tells us that this prophecy was fulfilled in His crucifixion.

Joh 19:37  And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

Jer 23:5  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

Jer 23:6  In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD (Jehovah) OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Jesus Christ was the descendent of David, who was to be called Jehovah our righteousness.

Tim 2

Jesus is Jehovah.

Yes Tim. You state the obvious. But they don't want to see!

Joh 1:5  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Here have a look at who is talking?        
    Jehovah whom they have pierced

Psa 22:1 ¶ [[To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David.]] My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? [why art thou so] far from helping me, [and from] the words of my roaring?
    Psa 22:16  For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
    Psa 22:17  I may tell all my bones: they look [and] stare upon me.
    Psa 22:18  They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

And here have a Look a seed (People) shall serve him;As christ seed is David his father

Psa 22:30  A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.
    Psa 22:31  They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done [this].

And while I'm at it He shall need his rib back to complete; any set of tyres won't do; not happy to deliver her to the dogs;
    Psa 22:19  But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me.
    Psa 22:20  Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.
    Whereby he road into Jeruslem for the daughters of zion so man could receive the rewards made for from man for man.
    And the men beside the groom shall rejoice in the bride.

Rightous was Job; And how shall Satan work: The God head of rewards
    Job 19:17  My breath is strange to my wife, though I intreated for the children's [sake] of mine own body.
    Job 19:18  Yea, young children despised me; I arose, and they spake against me.
    Job 19:19  All my inward friends abhorred me: and they whom I loved are turned against me.

Cursed under Law by those whom live by the Law

???

charity
    Participant

Gal 4:14 And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, [even] as Christ Jesus.

We have Michael the archangel that contends with Satan over our bodies and death; We have Christ but we have not received Jesus unto an Angel in the flesh but more so the thought has been despised and rejected

Tim2
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 11 2007,19:18)
    Hi Tim2,
    I hope you are not suggesting the Father and the Son beget the Spirit.
    The other similarity is that two individuals in an orderly way unite in purpose and will to act as one.

No Nick, the Trinity holds that the Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son.

The Bible says marriage is more than two individuals uniting in an orderly way to act as one. It says they become one flesh. Paul doesn't just call this a mystery, he says, “this mystery is great.” Ephesians 5:32.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    If you will compare the unity between the Father and the Son then ask any married couple whether they are exactly the same, have always been in unity, and find it easy to even work together in agreement. Then contrast the way you look at the TWO beings with their own wills as shown at the end of Jesus time.

Lk 22

41And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,

42Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

43And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

44And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

Phoenix
    Participant

Amen Nick

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Nick,

I thought you liked to go by the Bible? The Bible says that a man and a woman become one flesh. I don't think you should create division where the Bible asserts unity.

Jesus prayed to His Father. They are separate persons. Jesus was also praying as a man. And Jesus also came to do only the Father's will.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    Did he have to switch between natures constantly
    or do you see it this way just to satisfy those who want to paint him as his own father?

Acts 10
    ” 38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. “

This seems to suggest that it was not his own powers he worked in
    so perhaps this juggling act is superfluous?

charity
    Participant

The fury of the Lord will be over the God head;Great suffering apart

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn.

He will remove holy flesh that has keep in the seam of the skirt;
    Zec 12:12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;

Zec 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

charity
    Participant

Jobs Marrage covenant and a strange punishment
    Job 31:1 ¶ I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?
    Job 31:2 For what portion of God [is there] from above? and [what] inheritance of the Almighty from on high?
    Job 31:3 [Is] not destruction to the wicked? and a strange [punishment] to the workers of iniquity?
    Job 31:4 Doth not he see my ways, and count all my steps?
    Job 31:5 If I have walked with vanity, or if my foot hath hasted to deceit;
    Job 31:6 Let me be weighed in an even balance, that God may know mine integrity.
    Job 31:7 If my step hath turned out of the way, and mine heart walked after mine eyes, and if any blot hath cleaved to mine hands;
    Job 31:8 [Then] let me sow, and let another eat; yea, let my offspring be rooted out.

Job understanding he has entered his neighbours estate even Adaultry being chioce against Gods desired reward
    Job31:9 If mine heart have been deceived by a woman, or [if] I have laid wait at my neighbour's door;

charity
    Participant

God has not made covenants between light and darkness; that is adultery
    Mal 2:14  Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet [is] she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant.
    Mal 2:15  And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.

Hsa 1:2 ¶ The beginning of the word of the LORD by Hosea. And the LORD said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, [departing] from the LORD.

Hsa 1:10  Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, [that] in the place where it was said unto them, Ye [are] not my people, [there] it shall be said unto them, [Ye are] the sons of the living God.
    Hsa 1:11  Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great [shall be] the day of Jezreel.
    Isa 23:16 Take an harp, go about the city, thou harlot that hast been forgotten; make sweet melody, sing many songs, that thou mayest be remembered.
    Isa 23:17 And it shall come to pass after the end of seventy years, that the LORD will visit Tyre, and she shall turn to her hire, and shall commit fornication with all the kingdoms of the world upon the face of the earth.
    Isa 23:18 And her merchandise and her hire shall be holiness to the LORD: it shall not be treasured nor laid up; for her merchandise shall be for them that dwell before the LORD, to eat sufficiently, and for durable clothing.

charity
    Participant

Man deal treacherously Having not heard

Mans responsibilty to female that has been made from him for him

Jer 6:11  Therefore I am full of the fury of the LORD; I am weary with holding in: I will pour it out upon the children abroad, and upon the assembly of young men together: for even the husband with the wife shall be taken, the aged with [him that is] full of days.
    Jer 6:12  And their houses shall be turned unto others, [with their] fields and wives together: for I will stretch out my hand upon the inhabitants of the land, saith the LORD.
    Jer 6:13  For from the least of them even unto the greatest of them every one [is] given to covetousness; and from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely.
    Jer 6:14  They have healed also the hurt [of the daughter] of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when [there is] no peace.
    Jer 6:15  Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time [that] I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.

Jer 6:18  Therefore hear, ye nations, and know, O congregation, what [is] among them.
    Jer 6:19  Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, [even] the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.

One noted from the age of corruption shall note the way of the groom; that was perverted and shall condemn it with this generation of deaf ears even a female.
    Mat 12:42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon [is] here.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ April 08 2007,02:00)
    Hi t8,

Do you do whatever the Father and the Son do?
    Do you raise the dead, as the Father and the son do?
    Are all mean to honor you, even as they honor the Father and the Son?
    Do you make yourself equal to God?

Jesus said the Father was greater than He while He was human, mortal, and about to be beaten and crucified the next day. Jesus became much less than He is in all eternity, and also much less than the Father is because He did not assert His equality with God.

Tim

Tim the answer is no, I am not greater or equal to God. Where do you get that idea?

Yet even if Jesus were equal to God then that in itself proves that he is not God.

You should realise that Jesus sits with the Father on his throne and we can sit with Christ on his.

God gave Jesus his authority and Jesus gave his Church his authority.

The order is as follows: God > Yeshua > Church.

This is what I have always taught here. If you think that I am trying to say that I or the Church are equal, I certainly am not. I am simply pointing out that if Christ has certain attributes like God then that is no license to say that he is God. Likewise we may be like Christ and that is also no license to say that we are Christ.

So just as Christ is not God but like him, we are not Christ but like him.

Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ April 10 2007,17:51)
    Hi 942767,

It seems very clear to me that in Luke 4:9, Jesus was being tempted by Satan to jump. Likewise He was tempted to command the stone into bread and to worship Satan.

Why should Satan tempt the Father or the Holy Spirit. He was there to try to tempt the incarnate Christ to commit sin.

If Jesus had succumbed to Satan's temptation, it would make no difference to Satan if angels were asked to catch Him or not. There would have been a serious consequence for humanity and the universe at large. Satan would have been the victor in the controversy between good and evil. The incarnate Christ had to be tempted by Satan to commit sin.

The whole context of Luke 4:1-13 is that it was Jesus who was being tempted. See in particular the following.

Luk 4:1  And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,
    Luk 4:2  Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.
    Luk 4:13  And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.

Who did the devil depart from. He departed from Christ who he was tempting.

The truth of Luke 4:1-13 is that it was Jesus “the Lord thy God” who was being tempted. This battle at the highest level  is between God and Satan. Christ and Satan.

If you feel that I was using Jesus' title as “Lord of the Sabbath” being the “Lord thy God” to evade the issue then I will post it separately for you to consider. I was presenting more than just one evidence of Jesus' title as “the Lord thy God”.

Luk 4:12  And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Who was being tempted here? Jesus; The Lord thy God..

Blessings.

Hi CB:

While it is true that it was Jesus who was being tempted by the devil to sin against God, you are adding that Jesus, “The Lord Thy God” was being tempted.  God cannot be tempted with evil.  Jesus was and is a man.  He is God in that he is the express image of God's person having obeyed God without sin even unto death of the cross.  When we have seen him through the life that he lived while on earth we have seen God's character manifest through his life.

When he was tempted to turn the stone into bread, his response to the tempter, the devil, was: “It is written, man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God”.  (Matt. 4:3-4)

God has made it plain to the church who Jesus is.  There is not need to keep trying to find a new revelation.

God Bless

Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ April 10 2007,18:20)

CB, God has revealed to all humanity that Jesus is His only begotten Son and His Christ. (Matt. 16:13-17)  Don't you believe God?  Do you think that God is hiding something from us?

Mar 14:61  But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
    Mar 14:62  And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
    Mar 14:63  Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses?
    Mar 14:64  Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.

Even the Jews understood that the Christ, the Son of the Blessed was God, that is why they accused Jesus of blasphemy.

Jesus answered the high priest “I AM”,  and claimed to be the Son of the Blessed, whom the Jews understood to be God. The high priest accused Jesus of blasphemy, because He claimed to be the Christ, the Son of the Blessed and  because He used the name of God “I AM” as His own. When a man claims to be God it is blasphemy (John 10:33).

Joh 10:33  The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Jesus could have said to the high priest, “I wasn't blaspheming, you misunderstood me, I am not claiming to be God.” But He didn't correct the high priest because Jesus was in fact asserting His deity.

Jesus was accused many times of blasphemy, of making Himself God, but never once did He try to change their perception of Him claiming deity. Jesus was and is the self existent and eternal Jehovah God. The great I AM.

Exo 3:14  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Hi CB:

The question that was asked was: “Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?” To which Jesus answered “I am”.  And so, he was acknowledging that as a fact.  If he said that he was the SON OF THE BLESSED, how can be be THE BLESSED?

You say:  That in response to the to accusation by the Parisees or the High priest that he was guilty of blasphemy, “Jesus could have said to the high priest, 'I wasn't blaspheming, you misunderstood me, I am not claiming to be God'.  But he didn't correct the high priest because Jesus was in fact asserting his diety”.

But yes, in fact he does correct them for accusing him falsely.  They like you are putting words in his mouth.  I'm sure he would not like that although you think that you are honoring him by what you are saying.

In response to the accusation by the pharisees the He was claiming to be God (John 10:33), Jesus states: “Is it not written in your law, I said you are gods?  If he called them gods unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; say he of him whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, thou blaphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?  If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.  But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works; that ye may know and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him”. (John 10:34-37)

His claim was that he was the Son of God and not God himself.

Please CB, you make statements “Jesus was and is the self existent and eternal Jehovah God.  The great I AM”. I am sorry you are adding these words.  You cannot support these statements with scripture because it just isn't so.

God Bless

Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ April 11 2007,00:25)
    Hi 942767

Here are the verses that I said I would post separately.

The following confirms who “the Lord thy God” is.

Exo 20:10  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God:

Mar 2:28  Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

It was Christ (Jehovah) who created the heavens and the Earth and rested on the seventh day which He blessed, hallowed and sanctified: thus making Himself the Lord of the sabbath.

Gen 2:1  Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
    Gen 2:2  And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
    Gen 2:3  And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
    Gen 2:4  These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD (Jehovah) God made the earth and the heavens,

Exo 20:11  For in six days the LORD (Jehovah) made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD (Jehovah) blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Here scripture tells us that Jehovah made the heavens and the earth and then rested on the sabbath (seventh day). And Jesus in Mark 2:28 asserted Himself as the Lord of the sabbath.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Joh 1:2  The same was in the beginning with God.
    Joh 1:3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made..
    Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

This shows that the Creator Lord of the sabbath (Jesus), is the LORD thy God.

See the whole of the fourth commandment. It identifies the Lord of the sabbath, our creator Jesus Christ, as the Lord thy God.

Exo 20:8  Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
    Exo 20:9  Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
    Exo 20:10  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
    Exo 20:11  For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Hi CB:

There is a profound difference in the scriptures which you quote relative to the Sabbath.  The seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God.  God instituted a day of rest for mankind.  The statement by Jesus that he is “Lord of the Sabbath” does not mean that he instuted it, but he is the judge of who is breaking it, and he states: “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath” indicating that man is not to be in bondage to the day.  (Marl 2:27-28)

The statement was in response to the Pharisees who had accused his disciples of breaking the Sabbath law because they were plucking ears of corn.  They had added all kinds of petty regulations that put people in bondage to the day rather than it being what God had intended the day to be and that is simply a day of rest.

Relative to John 1:1 let me see if I can simplify this so that you can understand.  Suppose that I could say at some time in the future I am going to have a son and when I do I am going to teach him every thing that I know, and I do have the son and I teach him, and he applies to his life every thing that I taught him.  And people who know me when they see my son say “he is a chip off the old block”.  So it was with God in the beginning.  He knew that at a certain point in the future he would conceive a Son and Word (that he would teach his Son) was with God, and the Word was God (God's character). And so, Jesus is the express image of God's person.  From the beginning there are many scriptures that testify to the coming of the Son of God, and so the prophetic Word of God became flesh (became a reality).  

“God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in times past unto the fathers by the prophets, hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; (God made every thing he made with Jesus in mind.  He is God's heir and we are joint heirs with him) who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty (Almighty God) on high”.  (Hebrews 1:1-3)

God Bless

Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ April 11 2007,13:36)
    Hi 94,

You believe that for Jesus to be the express image of God's person means that Jesus is God?  And you also believe that Jesus is a man?

This is good :)

Tim

Yes Tim2, it is good.  There is scripture to support this but not to support the “trinity”.  When we have seen Jesus through the life that he lived while he was here on earth, we have seen God's character.  Jesus said, “He who hath seen me hath seen the Father” (John 14:9)

God is Spirit. (John 4:24)  God is love.  (1 John 4:8)

Joh 15:13
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

1Jo 5:20
    And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. (In that spirit of love)

God Bless

Tim2
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 12 2007,12:28)

Hi t8,

Jesus said the Father was greater than He while He was human, mortal, and about to be beaten and crucified the next day.  Jesus became much less than He is in all eternity, and also much less than the Father is because He did not assert His equality with God.

Tim

Tim the answer is no, I am not greater or equal to God. Where do you get that idea?

Yet even if Jesus were equal to God then that in itself proves that he is not God.

You should realise that Jesus sits with the Father on his throne and we can sit with Christ on his.

This is what I have always taught here. If you think that I am trying to say that I or the Church are equal, I certainly am not. I am simply pointing out that if Christ has certain attributes like God then that is no license to say that he is God. Likewise we may be like Christ and that is also no license to say that we are Christ.

t8,

That's not possible no one is like YHWH. Isaiah 46:2.

So for Jesus to be given the nature or attributes of YHWH, or to be called equal to God does mean that He is YHWH, for there is no other god besides YHWH. So why don't we just accept that Jesus is equal to the Father and admit that they are both along with the Holy Spirit, YHWH?

Tim

david
    Participant

why don't we just accept that Jesus is equal to the Father

Perhaps because Jesus himself said: The father is greater than I am.

Perhaps it's because after his ascension to heaven, the Father was still considered “his God.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ April 13 2007,14:07)

Quote (t8 @ April 12 2007,12:28)

Hi t8,

Jesus said the Father was greater than He while He was human, mortal, and about to be beaten and crucified the next day.  Jesus became much less than He is in all eternity, and also much less than the Father is because He did not assert His equality with God.

Tim

t8,

That's not possible no one is like YHWH.  Isaiah 46:2.

So for Jesus to be given the nature or attributes of YHWH, or to be called equal to God does mean that He is YHWH, for there is no other god besides YHWH.  So why don't we just accept that Jesus is equal to the Father and admit that they are both along with the Holy Spirit, YHWH?

Tim

Hi Tim2,
    What does “like to God” mean?
    As ancient as The Ancient of days?[Dan7]
    As powerful as the Almighty?

He is greater than all his heavenly sons[Ps 89] and that includes the monogenes Son.

We weak and pathetic humans are even made like to God in some ways too.
    But in other ways we are nothing compared to Him.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Hi 942617.
    Your quotes  

Jesus was saying to the devil that he wasn't going to tempt God by jumping from the pinnacle of the temple.

If God cannot be tempted, then why would Jesus be concerned about not tempting God?

I believe that Jesus is God in that he is the express image of his person. Jesus was and is a man and was tempted every way and is yet without sin. God cannot be tempted with evil.

Again I can only ask you why would Jesus be concerned about not tempting God if God cannot be tempted.

While it is true that it was Jesus who was being tempted by the devil to sin against God, you are adding that Jesus, “The Lord Thy God” was being tempted. God cannot be tempted with evil.

You say that God cannot be tempted with evil. The scripture says that the Lord thy God was being tempted by the devil.

Luk 4:12  And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Luk 4:2  Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.
    Luk 4:13  And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.

Obviously the devil was tempting the Lord thy God. Jesus!
    He was tempting Jesus in His incarnation as a man. Jesus lay aside His divine power so that He may become incarnate as a man. But He was still God.

1Ti 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Isa 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Mat 1:23  Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Jer 23:5-6  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch (Jesus), and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD (Yhovah)OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Mic 5:2  But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

The question that was asked was: “Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?” To which Jesus answered “I am”. And so, he was acknowledging that as a fact. If he said that he was the SON OF THE BLESSED, how can be be THE BLESSED?

With the Arian doctrine it is not possible, but with the Bible Godhead there is perfect harmony. Jehovah is the family name of God. There are three divine Persons in the Godhead, each is referred to in scripture as Jehovah.

The Jews knew that that Son of the Blessed was also God, that is why they accused Him of blasphemy.

So it was with God in the beginning. He knew that at a certain point in the future he would conceive a Son and Word (that he would teach his Son) was with God, and the Word was God (God's character).

It does not say that the Word was God's character. The Bible says that the Word was God.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Joh 1:2  The same was in the beginning with God.
    Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

Obviously the Word was Jesus because He became flesh and dwelt among us. (V14) It say that the Word was in the beginning with God not coming at a future date as you say. And most obvious, the Word was God.

Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us

The Bible does indeed state that Christ is eternal.

Mic 5:2  But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 288 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account