“I Am” Exodus 3:14/John 8:57,58

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 288 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Precisely.
    But Christ was in the MORPHE of God [Phil2]
    Heaven is a realm then and not a place?
    Earth is a realm and is a place.
    Heaven is not within us .

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 01 2007,08:56)
    Hi W,
    Precisely.

NH

If heaven is his footstool and the heavens can not contain him.

What does that mean to you?

God who is Spirit fills all in all.

:O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    Isaiah 66:1
    Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

God is in heaven and manifests in creation, but as far as men go God only fills where He is given room.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 01 2007,09:14)

Hi W,
    Precisely.

NH

Hi W,
    If YOU SAY
    God IS the Holy Spirit
    then you can no longer say
    the Holy Spirit is a person in GOD.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 01 2007,09:30)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 01 2007,09:14)

Hi W,
    Precisely.

NH

Hi W,
    If YOU SAY
    God IS the Holy Spirit
    then you can no longer say
    the Holy Spirit is a person in GOD.

NH

So you say, but that is not what the scriptures say.

One Spirit, Three Persons, One God!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Once again you forget God has a Son.
    The most vital fact for the salvation of men should not be ignored.
    His amazing agreed unity with his Father did not mean that he never actually became a son of God.

Tim2
    Participant

Nick,

I know you've explained your beliefs before, but could you do it again for us, please? I'm just trying to reconcile what you believe Jesus is. It seems you believe

-He's the Son of God. But what does this mean? Does He have the same nature as the Father? In what ways is He the same and different from the Father?
    -He's a vessel for God (God being only the Father, with the Holy Spirit being a manifestation of the Father). Again, what does this mean? What does Jesus have intrinsically
    -The Word was God but is no longer God. When did the Word stop being God? Was the Word always Jesus? If not, when did the Word become Jesus?
    -What are the origins of the Word/Jesus? Was He born of the Father without time or created out of nothing in time?

Thanks Nick. I'm just trying to understand what you believe.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    He is the unique firstborn monogenes son of God through who came, and who has sustained, all creation. Of divine nature begotten in the beginning of God alone as the image of God, and he was with God before the foundations of earth were laid.
    He agreed to empty himself of all glory and his advantages over us being sent and conceived of the Holy Spirit of God and Mary as a weak human, then was empowered from above at the Jordan by his God and our God.
    He was given flesh adding our outer nature to the inner one we shared in our likeness to God. Thence he revealed that God in nature and powers, fully to men. He died as a man being raised in the ever abiding Spirit so we can follow him.

Tim2
    Participant

Thanks Nick.  I have a few more questions, if you don't mind.

You say He was begotten in the beginning of God alone.  So do you believe this begetting took place during time, that time elapsed during his begetting?
    You say He has divine nature.  Can you please explain what this means?  In what way, if any, is this nature different from that of the Father?
    When Jesus came to earth, did any of his divine nature remain in Him?  You say He agreed to empty Himself, does this mean it wasn't mere submission to the Father's will?
    Does he have a different will than the Father?  
    In what way, if any, is the Holy Spirit different from the Father?

Thanks Nick.  Just trying to understand you better.   :)

Tim

Cult Buster
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 01 2007,13:37)
    Hi W,
    Once again you forget God has a Son.
    The most vital fact for the salvation of men should not be ignored.
    His amazing agreed unity with his Father did not mean that he never actually became a son of God.

Nick. The Jews understood who the Son is. Why don't you?

Mar 14:61  But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
    Mar 14:62  And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
    Mar 14:63  Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses?
    Mar 14:64  Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.

Even the Jews understood that the Christ, the Son of the Blessed was God, that is why they accused Jesus of blasphemy.

Jesus answered the high priest “I AM”,  and claimed to be the Son of the Blessed, whom the Jews understood to be God. The high priest accused Jesus of blasphemy, because He claimed to be the Christ, the Son of the Blessed and  because He used the name of God “I AM” as His own. When a man claims to be God it is blasphemy (John 10:33).

Joh 10:33  The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Jesus could have said to the high priest, “I wasn't blaspheming, you misunderstood me, I am not claiming to be God.” But He didn't correct the high priest because Jesus was in fact asserting His deity.

Jesus was accused many times of blasphemy, of making Himself God, but never once did He try to change their perception of Him claiming deity. Jesus was and is the Son of the Blessed, the self existent and eternal Jehovah God. The great I AM.

]Exo 3:14  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Joh 9:41  Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.  :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ May 01 2007,16:09)
    Thanks Nick.  I have a few more questions, if you don't mind.

You say He was begotten in the beginning of God alone.  So do you believe this begetting took place during time, that time elapsed during his begetting?
    You say He has divine nature.  Can you please explain what this means?  In what way, if any, is this nature different from that of the Father?
    When Jesus came to earth, did any of his divine nature remain in Him?  You say He agreed to empty Himself, does this mean it wasn't mere submission to the Father's will?
    Does he have a different will than the Father?  
    In what way, if any, is the Holy Spirit different from the Father?

Thanks Nick.  Just trying to understand you better.   :)

Tim

Hi Tim2,
    Time did not exist in the beginning. It was created in Genesis.
    How can we know anything about the detail of divine nature?
    He came as an ordinary man with nothing we do not have.
    He had a will of his own from the beginning as he came of his own volition and struggled in the garden with his will.
    The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and expresses every aspect of our God who is in heaven. God reaches out into our physical universe by his finger.

Tim2
    Participant

Nick, in what way is Jesus different from the Father?

Tim

Quote (Tim2 @ May 03 2007,08:42)

Tim

HeHe..

Good question?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Tim

Hi Tim2,
    He is the Son of that Father God.

kenrch
    Participant

Tim

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Joh 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

Jesus is the Father's Son just as you are the Father's Son. Of course no one but Jesus is the first born. If the Holy Spirit gives you something to say, YOU SAY IT! The Father commands Jesus and we DO!

Tim2
    Participant

Nick,

In what way is the Son different than the Father?

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    He is the unique and glorious monogenes son of that God through who God made all things. He is above even the angels and after his mission for God is at the right hand of power mediating and interceding with God for his fellow men who are sons of God and his brothers. Almighty God is greater than he is and is the source of all that he has and is.

Tim2
    Participant

So the Son is same as the Father except for what you just listed?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    The Son is more closely similar to God than any other being
    without being that God.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Nick

Hi Tim2,
    The Son is more closely similar to God than any other being
    without being that God.

Look again Nick.

Phi 2:6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Zec 7:11  But they refused to hearken, and pulled away the shoulder, and stopped their ears, that they should not hear. :O

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 288 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account