Reply To: Who is this Jesus?

kerwin
Participant

Mike,

Where in the scriptures can I read about this “messenger KIND”? As far as I know, all the angels are spirit sons of God. Jesus is also one of those. In fact, he was the firstborn.

I already answered this by pointing to the creation event and how God told living creatures to reproduce after their own kind. Angles(messengers) are a kind of living creatures.

Well, since the preceding cannot be scripturally shown to me, your answer of “none” is null and void.

What about my example about King David, Kerwin? Could the answer to the question be the name of a particular king of Israel, even though the question started with, “To which of the kings of Israel did God ever say………..” ? Of course it can – and you know it.

I understood your point here and concluded it does not apply to Hebrews 1 as God compares Jesus to angel(messenger) kind of living creature.

2 Kings 25:28
He spoke kindly to him, and gave him a more prominent seat than those of the kings who were with him in Babylon.

So it is necessary to know whether or not Jesus is of the angel kind before this scripture can be understood.

Galatians 4:14
Galatians 4:14
Instead, you welcomed me as if I were an angel of God, as if I were Christ Jesus himself.

This kind of comparison statement ONLY works if the INDIVIDUAL mentioned is part of the GROUP mentioned. I’ve shown you this before, right?

Incorrect, Implied but not necessary mentioned. Angels were made a little higher than men and Jesus was elevated above angels.

The ENGLISH (not Greek, nor Hebrew) word “angel” refers to a spirit messenger of God. Not only is Jesus a spirit messenger of God, but he is so predominant in that role that he has as one of his titles, “The Word of God”.

Lawyer games and therefor I use the words “messenger(angel) kind”. I and Hebrews 1 are not speaking of messengers, I and Hebrews 1 are speaking of the messenger kind of living creatures.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account