Reply To: Who is this Jesus?

4Thomas
Participant

Hi Mike,
I want this debate to be about comparing the evidence.

We can start with your scripture first that you use to try and prove that Jesus is an angel

Galatians 4-14
and that which was a temptation to you in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but ye received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.

Example:
I’m a newly adopted Son of a royal king and I visit the royal kings mother,
Now just because she welcomes me as a true royal Son or even as the royal king himself it doesn’t mean

A: that I have royal blood flowing through my vains
B: that I am the King himself
C: that another family member with royal blood is the king himself.

If we welcome someone who is a messenger of the Lord, [exact same word for angel] of the lord, then we welcome them like Jesus THE Son or even the Father. Jesus wants us to pay great respect to the people he sends

This is what scripture teaches.

Matthew 10:40
New International Version (©2011)
“Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me.

So Jesus is teaching if we welcome one of his messenger’s we welcome him and even the Father. He is teaching us to show great respect to the messengers he sends.

New Living Translation (©2007)
Anyone who receives you receives me, and anyone who receives me receives the Father who sent me.

English Standard Version (©2001)
Whoever receives you receives me, and whoever receives me receives him who sent me.

Just to drive the message home so that scripture can’t be used to try and prove that Jesus is an angel here are some other examples.

Matthew 18:5
And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me

If I use your logic are all children “Jesus” until they grow up??? This is the silly stuff you get into when you try and teach Jesus is an angel.

Mark 9:37
“Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.”

Luke 9:48
Then he said to them, “Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For it is the one who is least among you all who is the greatest.”

Galatians 4-14
and that which was a temptation to you in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but ye received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.

The word messenger and angel are the exact same word. The word messenger is translated to angel when the words “of the Lord” follow it. Do some research if you don’t believe me.

When Jesus sends someone they are a messenger of the Lord, “angel of the Lord”.
John 13:20 Very truly I tell you, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me.”

Once we finish with your scripture I will give you one of my scriptures to test, is this ok?

Life in the Son and in his name
Daniel

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account