You are all in the same boat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 27 2010,12:48)
    Hi CA:

You say:

2.  You DENY the existence of a real, physical, tangible, authoritative Church with power to teach the faith, excommunicate the heretic, ordain bishops and deacons, and shepherd the faithful.

I don't deny this, but I do deny that the true church is the Catholic church.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

So where is the authoritative Church we take our disputes as in Matt 18?

In your view?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Not your weird lot anyway.
    Jesus is still head of his body and needs no vicar in his place.

Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 27 2010,12:56)

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 27 2010,12:48)
    Hi CA:

You say:

2.  You DENY the existence of a real, physical, tangible, authoritative Church with power to teach the faith, excommunicate the heretic, ordain bishops and deacons, and shepherd the faithful.

I don't deny this, but I do deny that the true church is the Catholic church.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

So where is the authoritative Church we take our disputes as in Matt 18?

In your view?

Hi CA:

The church is the body of believers. Those who have been born again and are obeying the commandments of God that have come to humanity through Jesus Christ.

Matthew 18 states that if someone sins against you, go and discuss it with him, and if he repents, forgive him. If he does not repent, the scriptures state to take some Christian witnesses to the hear the discussion. If he repents, forgive him. If he doesn't repent the scripture states tell it to the church, and if he does not repent let him be as a publican and a heathen unto you.

The church is the body of believers with whom you fellowship and worship God. Those who are obeying God.

This is what the scripture states:

19Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

20For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

The Lord, however, is the ultimate judge. When one has gone through the above procedure, and the dispute is not settled, you can tell it to the head of the Church(the Lord Jesus).

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Hi CA:

There is also the following scriptures which relate to this:

1 Corinthians 6

1Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?

2Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

3Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

4If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.

5I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

CA,

papa legba would be so proud of you.

golaith, LOL i am five foot tall.

so with your goliath church, davids will always hit the target, stone was a perfect choice was it not for taking down the enemy.

isn't it ironic, you bring up goliath. while you think your stone statues hear you for your plea of eternal life, david's stone knock the life right out of goliath.

his words do not come back void

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 22 2010,15:33)

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 20 2010,14:22)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 19 2010,09:11)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 19 2010,08:59)
    CA

don't become like the pharisees there brains were also swollen ,they knew a lot but what they knew was of no use to them

and Christ went after fisherman's

Look, if you can't defend what you believe just say so.

Don't give me this psycho-babble.

CA

Does this help?

1Cr 1:26 ¶ For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:  
    1Cr 1:27   But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;  

Btw, how is Satan going to catch your soul, with a pitchfork or a butterfly net?
    How do you know you have a soul, did the pope tell you, or did you read it in scripture? show me!

Georg

Why would I discuss Scripture with man who can't support WHERE he got those Scriptures?

If you reject the Church you are rejecting the Scriptures.

Your unstable private interpretation of the Scriptures has led you into error.  I don't expect the same method to lead you out.

CA

Your proselyting is not doing so good here, is it?
    I'm not surprised that you don't recognize these scriptures, they wouldn't be in your bible, would they?

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

CA
    the answer is in silence ,in the US they call it the fifth amendment.

this is i guess not to recognize your own guilt

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 17 2010,04:11)
    So I just wanted to talk about something.  I am waiting for correction where wrong.  But I think that without exception all of you have two common beliefs:

1.  Sola Scriptura (You think authoritative truth is judged by each man's interpretation of what he thinks the Bible says)

Right?

3. A Mystery Babylon that has makes the whole world drunk on her wine and is seated in a city on seven hills.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..It says, made the whole world drunk with the wine of Her (fornications), a fornicator is one who assumes a Position in another persons life as a married person does, but in fact are NOT, they appear in a relationship as a loving committed Person but in fact are LIARS or they would commit in the relationship> So your are right the Great WHOLE appeared as a devoted Married spouse But in fact is a fornicator and the MOTHER of all WHORE (churches) IN THE EARTH.

peace and love to you and yours………………………..gene

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account