Yeshua and the Feasts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Irene
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 02 2008,21:08)
    For Irene

That is now, but I was talking about the Millenium. Like I said my memory does not serve to well, and I have to ask my Husband for the prove, and if I am wrong I will say so. He is still sleeping which I should be doing. Will post later.
    Peace aand Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

TOPICAL

annie
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 14 2007,04:57)
    Charity I do not think that we follow Moses in the first place, it is always God that gave the commandments. And they are still in place. Just that they have been put into our Hearts and made spiritual. Jesus taught us on the Sermon on the Mount what He wants us to do. We are free in a sense that He died for us and took the punishment for our Sins away, but that does not give us a license to sin. If we Love God and keep His Commandments We will do well. We are under Grace, but being under grace does not mean we can do whatever we want to. God forbid, scripture tells us. Walking in the Holy Spirit is really the answer. Of course that is not easy, what does Jesus say:” The road is steep and few will find it.”
    The tread is on the feast ,tho. I like to say that we are under a New Covenant and the Feast's are not a requirement anymore. Jesus fulfilled all.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

I respectfully disagree with you about the feasts not being a requirement anymore.  God's commandments haven't changed or been done away with because of Yeshua's (Jesus) death and resurrection.  We have actually always been under grace since the beginning (though not saved for eternity).  Adam was under grace, hence the protection of clothes after he sinned, Noah and his family were under grace, hence, they survived the flood, Moses though a murderer was under grace, hence being used by God to lead His people to the promised land, etc.  

As He said in Matthew 5:17 “Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them.”  

As you can see, He says He came to fulfill them but that obviously doesn't mean they aren't a requirement anymore as He also says He came not to abolish (or do away with) the law!

Luke 16:17  “But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one dot of the law to become void.”

The Hebrew word that has been translated as 'law' in the Greek is actually TORAH – which means, the Divine instructions or teachings in righteousness, and is the first 5 books of the Bible.

Leviticus 23:1,2  “The LORD said to Moses, “Say to the people of Israel, The appointed feasts of the LORD which you shall proclaim as holy convocations, MY appointed feasts, are these.”(emphasis mine)  So we can see by this that these feasts are GOD's feasts not ours.  They are actually appointments with God!

After describing each feast HE says they are to be kept forever.  

Leviticus 23:14 “… it is a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.”  
    Leviticus 23:21  “… it is a statute for ever in all your dwellings throughout your generations.”
    Leviticus 23:31  “…it is a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings”
    Leviticus 23:41  “…it is a statute for ever throughout your generations;”

I don't see forever has come yet do you?  Notice He didn't say, until My Son comes to fulfill them, he said forever!

And to remind you, Israel was not just the Jews!  Israel consisted of 12 tribes of which the tribe of Judah (Jews) was only one.  We also learn in Leviticus 24:22  “You shall have one law for the sojourner and for the native; for I am the LORD your God”  So the feasts were for all who believed in YHWH!

Yeshua hasn't fulfilled all 7 of the feasts yet!  He only really fulfilled the first 4.  
    Passover- Redemption/Sacrifice/Death of Messiah.  
    Unleavened Bread – Sanctification/Burial of Messiah/no decay. First Fruits – Resurrection/Resurrection of Messiah.  
    Feast of Weeks/Shavuot – Pentecost/Holy Spirit sent by YHWH. He tells us also to remember Him by the unleavened bread and the wine at His Last Supper. (which is the day before Passover by the way)  

Now when we celebrate the Passover we not only remember the physical exodus but also the spiritual as well.  Just as the blood of the Lamb saved the early Israelites from physical death, Yeshua himself became our Passover Lamb as He was without sin, and offered Himself as our Final Sacrifice and saves us from spiritual death through His blood.  We now have eternal life through Him.  

The only thing we don't have to do anymore is offer sacrifices!  The animal sacrifices offered before were really only to serve as a reminder of their sin but could actually do nothing else, but now Yeshua, being human like us, but without sin, (not like us who are full of sin) willingly died for our individual sins.  According to the law (TORAH) the punishment for sin is death, but Yeshua took that punishment for sins upon himself in place of us.  God accepted His sacrifice which now became not just a reminder but actual forgiveness of sin through His blood and it was once for all!  

We are to still keep the feast but now we keep it in the spirit of Yeshua our Messiah!  As Paul says in 1Corinthians 5:8  “Let us therefore, keep the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.”

The Fall Feasts will be completely fulfilled at His second coming.  At Yom Teruah (Trumpets)/ Rosh Hashana, the Messiah returns to Israel (Rapture).
    The Day of Atonement/Yom Kippur, the Messiah saves Israel. The Feast of Tabernacles/Sukkot, the Wedding Feast, Messiah brings in the Millennium.  

Remember, like the 7th day Sabbath these Feasts are appointments with our God.  As you can see, we are told in the TORAH to keep them for ever, and we are told by Yeshua himself that the TORAH hasn't been abolished!  Are you missing your date with Him because you were taught to believe they weren't required anymore?

kerwin
    Participant

Annie,

There is a discussion along these lines at Forum » BELIEVERS PLACE » Scripture & Biblical Teaching » Did jesus abolish the law or not?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (annie @ Mar. 05 2012,09:45)

Charity I do not think that we follow Moses in the first place, it is always God that gave the commandments. And they are still in place. Just that they have been put into our Hearts and made spiritual. Jesus taught us on the Sermon on the Mount what He wants us to do. We are free in a sense that He died for us and took the punishment for our Sins away, but that does not give us a license to sin. If we Love God and keep His Commandments We will do well. We are under Grace, but being under grace does not mean we can do whatever we want to. God forbid, scripture tells us. Walking in the Holy Spirit is really the answer. Of course that is not easy, what does Jesus say:” The road is steep and few will find it.”
    The tread is on the feast ,tho. I like to say that we are under a New Covenant and the Feast's are not a requirement anymore. Jesus fulfilled all.

I respectfully disagree with you about the feasts not being a requirement anymore.  God's commandments haven't changed or been done away with because of Yeshua's (Jesus) death and resurrection.  We have actually always been under grace since the beginning (though not saved for eternity).  Adam was under grace, hence the protection of clothes after he sinned, Noah and his family were under grace, hence, they survived the flood, Moses though a murderer was under grace, hence being used by God to lead His people to the promised land, etc.  

As He said in Matthew 5:17 “Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them.”  

As you can see, He says He came to fulfill them but that obviously doesn't mean they aren't a requirement anymore as He also says He came not to abolish (or do away with) the law!

Luke 16:17  “But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one dot of the law to become void.”

The Hebrew word that has been translated as 'law' in the Greek is actually TORAH – which means, the Divine instructions or teachings in righteousness, and is the first 5 books of the Bible.

Leviticus 23:1,2  “The LORD said to Moses, “Say to the people of Israel, The appointed feasts of the LORD which you shall proclaim as holy convocations, MY appointed feasts, are these.”(emphasis mine)  So we can see by this that these feasts are GOD's feasts not ours.  They are actually appointments with God!

Leviticus 23:14 “… it is a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.”  
    Leviticus 23:21  “… it is a statute for ever in all your dwellings throughout your generations.”
    Leviticus 23:31  “…it is a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings”

I don't see forever has come yet do you?  Notice He didn't say, until My Son comes to fulfill them, he said forever!

And to remind you, Israel was not just the Jews!  Israel consisted of 12 tribes of which the tribe of Judah (Jews) was only one.  We also learn in Leviticus 24:22  “You shall have one law for the sojourner and for the native; for I am the LORD your God”  So the feasts were for all who believed in YHWH!

Yeshua hasn't fulfilled all 7 of the feasts yet!  He only really fulfilled the first 4.  
    Unleavened Bread – Sanctification/Burial of Messiah/no decay. First Fruits – Resurrection/Resurrection of Messiah.  
    Feast of Weeks/Shavuot – Pentecost/Holy Spirit sent by YHWH. He tells us also to remember Him by the unleavened bread and the wine at His Last Supper. (which is the day before Passover by the way)  

Now when we celebrate the Passover we not only remember the physical exodus but also the spiritual as well.  Just as the blood of the Lamb saved the early Israelites from physical death, Yeshua himself became our Passover Lamb as He was without sin, and offered Himself as our Final Sacrifice and saves us from spiritual death through His blood.  We now have eternal life through Him.  

The only thing we don't have to do anymore is offer sacrifices!  The animal sacrifices offered before were really only to serve as a reminder of their sin but could actually do nothing else, but now Yeshua, being human like us, but without sin, (not like us who are full of sin) willingly died for our individual sins.  According to the law (TORAH) the punishment for sin is death, but Yeshua took that punishment for sins upon himself in place of us.  God accepted His sacrifice which now became not just a reminder but actual forgiveness of sin through His blood and it was once for all!  

We are to still keep the feast but now we keep it in the spirit of Yeshua our Messiah!  As Paul says in 1Corinthians 5:8  “Let us therefore, keep the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.”

The Fall Feasts will be completely fulfilled at His second coming.  At Yom Teruah (Trumpets)/ Rosh Hashana, the Messiah returns to Israel (Rapture).
    The Day of Atonement/Yom Kippur, the Messiah saves Israel. The Feast of Tabernacles/Sukkot, the Wedding Feast, Messiah brings in the Millennium.  

Remember, like the 7th day Sabbath these Feasts are appointments with our God.  As you can see, we are told in the TORAH to keep them for ever, and we are told by Yeshua himself that the TORAH hasn't been abolished!  Are you missing your date with Him because you were taught to believe they weren't required anymore?

Hi Annie,

Why is't important to understand the seven feasts of God? Because in them is the recording of the Gospel:

1. The Passover (Pesach) – Nisan 14-15 (Leviticus 23:5)…………………..Passover is the feast of (יה) YÄ's Salvation.
    2. Unleavened Bread (Chag Hamotzi) – Nisan 15-22 (Levi.23:6)……….Unleavened Bread is Jesus, the bread of life.
    3. First Fruits (Yom Habikkurim) – Nisan 16-17 (Leviticus 23:10)………..First Fruits is resurrection or victory over death.
    4. Pentecost (Shavu’ot) – Sivan 6-7 (Leviticus 23:16)………………………….Pentecost is God’s spirit given to indwell in man.
    5. Trumpets (Yom Teru’ah) – Tishri 1 (Leviticus 23:24)………………………..Trumpets is our proclamation of liberty through faith.
    6. Atonement (Yom Kippur) – Tishri 10 (Leviticus 23:27)……………………..is Jesus’ atoning sacrifice for our sins upon () a cross.
    7. Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot) – Tishri 15-22 (Lev.23:34)………………is the Feast of our ingathering unto The LORD our GOD.

Chanaukah symbolizes repentance, which is the rededication of life unto the LORD o
    ur GOD (יהוה האלהים YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm).

___
    God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

annie
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 05 2012,11:19)
    Annie,

There is a discussion along these lines at Forum » BELIEVERS PLACE » Scripture & Biblical Teaching » Did jesus abolish the law or not?

Thanks!

annie
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 05 2012,12:43)

Quote (annie @ Mar. 05 2012,09:45)

Hi Annie,

Why is't important to understand the seven feasts of God? Because in them is the recording of the Gospel:

1. The Passover (Pesach) – Nisan 14-15 (Leviticus 23:5)…………………..Passover is the feast of (יה) YÄ's Salvation.
    2. Unleavened Bread (Chag Hamotzi) – Nisan 15-22 (Levi.23:6)……….Unleavened Bread is Jesus, the bread of life.
    3. First Fruits (Yom Habikkurim) – Nisan 16-17 (Leviticus 23:10)………..First Fruits is resurrection or victory over death.
    4. Pentecost (Shavu’ot) – Sivan 6-7 (Leviticus 23:16)………………………….Pentecost is God’s spirit given to indwell in man.
    5. Trumpets (Yom Teru’ah) – Tishri 1 (Leviticus 23:24)………………………..Trumpets is our proclamation of liberty through faith.
    6. Atonement (Yom Kippur) – Tishri 10 (Leviticus 23:27)……………………..is Jesus’ atoning sacrifice for our sins upon () a cross.
    7. Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot) – Tishri 15-22 (Lev.23:34)………………is the Feast of our ingathering unto The LORD our GOD.

Chanaukah symbolizes repentance, which is the rededication of life unto the LORD our GOD (יהוה האלהים YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm).

___
    God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Yes, I agree, it is important to understand the Feasts of the LORD as they really tell of God's redemption plan for mankind.  Unfortunately, most Christian Churches don't emphasize this, I know the one I was in for 29 years never did!  Yes, they teach that Jesus is our Passover Lamb, and that Pentecost is the giving of the Holy Spirit, but they don't really teach about the relation of the Fall Feasts as well as the Feast of Unleavened Bread and First Fruits.  They seem to ignore these as they get involved teaching Easter and Christmas it seems.  I never heard in all my 29 years how the Feast of Unleavened Bread related to Jesus, they instead teach that He is the bread of life when they teach about communion, nothing about the Feast of Unleavened Bread is really mentioned, as a matter of fact, when the kids make their first communion they use leavened bread that the kids make themselves in communion class.  I also never heard about the relation of First Fruits to His resurrection as they teach that Easter is the celebration of His resurrection.  As far as the Fall Feasts, they are ignored and they teach about the preparation of Christmas (Advent) and Christmas itself (His birth).  When I learned the meaning and importance of the Feasts it gave my faith so much more meaning.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

annie……………I agree with you that God feast days are pictures of his Plan on this earth, and they are going to be kept in the Millennial reign of Jesus and the Saints on this earth according to Zackariah.

peace and love to you and yours………………………………………………………………………….
    .gene

annie
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 08 2012,02:25)
    annie……………I agree with you that God feast days are pictures of his Plan on this earth, and they are going to be kept in the Millennial reign of Jesus and the Saints on this earth according to Zackariah.

peace and love to you and yours………………………………………………………………………….

.gene

Exactly!  After discovering the truth about the Feasts of the Lord while studying my Bible, I then wondered, Why do we think that God told us to keep the Feasts before Christ, We know Christ kept them, and then we are told they will be kept in the Millennium by Zechariah, and yet they are not taught and followed by most Christian churches today?  Doesn't make sense to me that He would care about them before Christ, during Christ's walk on earth, and during the Millennium, but not care whether we keep them in between Christ's resurrection and His return to start the Millennium.

Shalom

kerwin
    Participant

Annie and Gene,

The feasts are for the Children of Israel. They are not for Gentiles.

annie
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 08 2012,08:23)
    Annie and Gene,

The feasts are for the Children of Israel.  They are not for Gentiles.

Yes you are right Kerwin. But when a Gentile comes to Yeshua in faith then he becomes a child of God and he is then no longer considered a Gentile but a part of Israel. Gentiles who became believers in Yeshua as Messiah, through the Apostles' witness, went to the synagogue every Sabbath to learn the law of Moses. There is one set of rules for all believers in Yeshua. All are one in Him.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (annie @ Mar. 08 2012,04:47)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 08 2012,08:23)
    Annie and Gene,

The feasts are for the Children of Israel.  They are not for Gentiles.

Yes you are right Kerwin.  But when a Gentile comes to Yeshua in faith then he becomes a child of God and he is then no longer considered a Gentile but a part of Israel.  Gentiles who became believers in Yeshua as Messiah, through the Apostles' witness, went to the synagogue every Sabbath to learn the law of Moses.  There is one set of rules for all believers in Yeshua.  All are one in Him.

Annie,

God led the council at Jerusalem decide not to saddle the Gentiles with the customs God gave to the Jews. The Jews follow them as an oath made to God. Both Jews and Gentiles are bound to the law of love.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account