Will all men be saved?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 409 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

eveh………Jesus was simply showing the value difference. First of all who has ever gained the whole world. But the statement he sated is now and alway true. It wouldn't profit a person to gain it all and lose His Soul. But tell me this, would it profit a person to gain the whole world and not lose His SOUL? Jesus was Just stating an obvious point. Not to put the things of the world over seeking the Kingdom of GOD and His righteousness. IMO

peace and love………………….gene

eveh
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Sep. 10 2009,16:19)
    eveh………Jesus was simply showing the value difference. First of all who has ever gained the whole world. But the statement he sated is now and alway true. It wouldn't profit a person to gain it all and lose His Soul.  But tell me this, would it profit a person to gain the whole world and not lose His SOUL? Jesus was Just stating an obvious point. Not to put the things of the world over seeking the Kingdom of GOD and His righteousness. IMO

So, you are saying, Jesus was just supposing, he knew no one would ever really lose thier soul? I diasgree. I think it was a warning to seek the Kingdom of God first and not the things of this world or they would lose thier souls. If it were not possible for a man to lose his soul, why even bring it up?

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 10 2009,13:55)
    Hi Jodi,
    Jesus brought the light to deliver men from darkness but men still prefer the darkness and will not come to the light. Nothing has changed and most are able to hope only for the mercy of God.

What IS that LIGHT in Jesus of which he brought?

Jesus did nothing of himself, what he accomplished came through the work of the Father in him.

The MEANS of which creates in us the ABILITY to CHOOSE the ways of the Father comes from the work of the Father.

This is the LIGHT of Jesus-

Our Almighty Father, according to His will and plan, PROVIDES the necessary RESOURCES needed for each individual to cause them to have Faith in Him.

Nick,

People could preach about Jesus ALL day, a person could read the bible a thousand times, that is not the way TRUE Faith in YHWH is found.  True Faith only comes unless the Father draws them IN and works with them individually as He did with Jesus.

The reason WHY people hear the word and deny it, or find, just to loose it, was NOT because they DENIED the TRUE calling of YHWH. They denied the calling that they themselves had tried to make or maybe a family member or friend tried to make for them.

Joh 6:44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Romans 11:29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

Men still prefers the darkness because they have YET to KNOW the TRUE LIGHT. IMO from what you teach, you yourself live in darkness, you make the light as if it were an Old Testament law.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi………..Amen , Amen, sis. NO man or Women (CAN) come without GOD DRAWING HIM or HER. IMO

peace and love to you and yours Jodi…………………….gene

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (eveh @ Sep. 10 2009,17:12)

Quote (Gene @ Sep. 10 2009,16:19)
    eveh………Jesus was simply showing the value difference. First of all who has ever gained the whole world. But the statement he sated is now and alway true. It wouldn't profit a person to gain it all and lose His Soul.  But tell me this, would it profit a person to gain the whole world and not lose His SOUL? Jesus was Just stating an obvious point. Not to put the things of the world over seeking the Kingdom of GOD and His righteousness. IMO

So, you are saying, Jesus was just supposing, he knew no one would ever really lose thier soul? I diasgree. I think it was a warning to seek the Kingdom of God first and not the things of this world or they would lose thier souls. If it were not possible for a man to lose his soul, why even bring it up?

Good Morning Eveh,

Yes YHWH has the ability to destroy man, He has made that known to us time and time again… like those who died in the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah. Our Almighty Father did not have to create us and He does not have to keep us.

But He DESIRES to save every last person and He has proved through Jesus the means of which He can, and if He can, and if He has the desire, then why say that He wont?

Eveh, just take a close look at what these scripture show us,

Romans 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not! 15 For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.” 16 So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy. 17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.” 18 Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens . 19 You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?” 20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?” 21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor? 22 What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory, 24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25 As He says also in Hosea: “I will call them My people, who were not My people, And her beloved, who was not beloved.” 26 “And it shall come to pass in the place where it was said to them, 'You are not My people,' There they shall be called sons of the living God.  

Romans 11:30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, 31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.

Did not YHWH have Christ die for the ungodly, so all could be raised from the dead? The vessels of wrath that were prepared for destruction, how would YHWH be able to have mercy on them as He says He would, if He didn't raise them from the dead to give them mercy?

How would YHWH be able to show mercy to those who he had hardened and blinded, if He didn't plan on raising them from the dead to give them mercy?

Romans 5:6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

YHWH hardened Pharaohs heart to prove his strength and power to the people. YHWH keeps people in the darkness of man's ways, to show His greatness to those who He has chosen to CALL first.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God. [/b]

YHWH is calling a few now, He is allowing others to be blinded and die not receiving His calling. However ALL the ungodly are raised so that they may receive the TRUE calling too! For if YOU obtained mercy then why shouldn't they? Do not preach self righteousness!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    You we make hopeful assumptions based on His abilities or trust the offer He has made in jn3?
    All in Christ shall be made alive but all are not in Christ.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 11 2009,06:28)
    Hi Jodi,
    You we make hopeful assumptions based on His abilities or trust the offer He has made in jn3?
    All in Christ shall be made alive but all are not in Christ.

Yes not all are raised in Christ, those who died in blindness, are certainly not raised into immortality, only the firstfruits are. The rest are raised to judgment and thus their CALLING of YHWH. For He has committed ALL to disobedience, so that He might have mercy on all, but each in their own order. As YHWH washed clean the firstfruits, He will wash clean those of whom the firstfruits will be Kings and Priests OVER. As He made the firstfruits holy, He shall make the entire lump holy.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Indeed He does show mercy and many sheep are found through His mercy because of their merciful behaviours to His sons[Mt25].
    But the destiny of the useless dross of mankind is the fire prepared for the devil and his angels[mt25]
    He even takes the good and the bad alike from the highways and byways to the feast.
    No late washing of those who died in rebellion is shown anywhere.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You couldn't be more wrong, go back and read my last post to Eveh.

If YHWH destroys people after purposely giving them blindness and hardened hearts, but says that He will give THEM MERCY, then that would obviously mean that He gives them mercy after they are raised.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Men have chosen death over life since the garden.
    They chose another god then and still do now.
    God offers light and safety but who listens?

NickHassan
    Participant

hi Jodi,
    The mercy offered after being raised in the second resurrection is shown in Mt 25.
    Would your logic demand improvement to scripture?

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Matthew 25:1 “Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!' 7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' 9 But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.' 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. 11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!' 12 But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.' 13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.

This does not go against what I have been saying. It fits right in. The people Jesus denied were the foolish, the BLIND. The foolish virgins are like the Trinitarians who consider themselves as the firstfruits but are truly and utterly the blind, NOT those of which YHWH has called.

Notice this is WHEN Christ returns, this is specifically talking about the time of the FIRST resurrection, NOT the second.  

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Why do you offer the friends of the bridegroom as the World?
    He never was friends with the world going outside the city.
    Even half of them do not make it to the feast.

These words were not spoken to the lost but the saved.

1Peter4.18

chosenone
    Participant

1Cor.15:22
    22 For even as, in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all be vivified.

1Ti.4:9-11
    9 Faithful is the saying and worthy of all welcome
    10 (for for this are we toiling and being reproached), that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind,
    11 especially of believers. These things be charging and teaching.

Eph.2:8-10
    8 For in grace, through faith, are you saved, and this is not out of you; it is God's approach present,
    9 not of works, lest anyone should be boasting.
    10 For His achievement are we, being created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God makes ready beforehand, that we should be walking in them.

Ro.14:11
    11 for it is written: Living am I, the Lord is saying, For to Me shall bow every knee, And every tongue shall be acclaiming God!

Isaiah 46:10
    Saying, All My councel shall be confirmed,
    And all My desire will I do.

Is Gods Own Words not sufficient?

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Indeed as the letters by the apostles are to the saved all in Christ shall be made alive.
    did you think it meant all men who ever lived? My My.

There is no other saviour of mankind.
    Did you think it meant all men will be saved?
    sorry. the Fire awaits.

Still struggling with context??

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 11 2009,07:33)
    Matthew 25:1 “Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!' 7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' 9 But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.' 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. 11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!' 12 But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.' 13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.

This does not go against what I have been saying. It fits right in. The people Jesus denied were the foolish, the BLIND. The foolish virgins are like the Trinitarians who consider themselves as the firstfruits but are truly and utterly the blind, NOT those of which YHWH has called.

Notice this is WHEN Christ returns, this is specifically talking about the time of the FIRST resurrection, NOT the second.  

jODI

no the 10 foolish ones are not the trinitarians,

the 5 wise ones were the ones who were prepared for the arrival of the bridegroom,and showed their love in being prepared.
    the foolish ones were not prepared and worse of it all they believed they could go and buy the love of God.

this so apply to anyone who does not take the scriptures very seriously;and do not learn to love God.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 03 2010,18:02)
    Hi CO,
    Indeed as the letters by the apostles are to the saved all in Christ shall be made alive.
    did you think it meant all men who ever lived? My My.

There is no other saviour of mankind.
    Did you think it meant all men will be saved?
    sorry. the Fire awaits.

Still struggling with context??

NH.
    You do err, note the following scriptures, Pauls message was “to the nations”, not to just the saved as you try to imply.

Ro.15:15-18
    15 Yet more daringly do I write to you, in part, as prompting you, because of the grace being given to me from God,
    16 for me to be the minister of Christ Jesus for the nations, acting as a priest of the evangel of God, that the approach present of the nations may be becoming well received, having been hallowed by holy spirit.
    17 I have, then, a boast in Christ Jesus, in that which is toward God.
    18 For I am not daring to speak any of what Christ does not effect through me for the obedience of the nations, in word and work,

-also-

Eph.3:8-9
    8 To me, less than the least of all saints, was granted this grace: to bring the evangel of the untraceable riches of Christ to the nations,
    9 and to enlighten all as to what is the administration of the secret, which has been concealed from the eons in God, Who creates all,

Nick, you must read scripture to understand Gods ways, not make up your own false ideas and try to pass them off as truth.
    It is unwise to change Gods words.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Indeed Paul was sent to the gentile nations just as Jesus was sent to Israel.
    But neither achieved a full response to their call for repentance into life.

Repent or you will likewise perish

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 04 2010,00:41)

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 11 2009,07:33)

jODI

no the 10 foolish ones are not the trinitarians,

the 5 wise ones were the ones who were prepared for the arrival of the bridegroom,and showed their love in being prepared.
    the foolish ones were not prepared and worse of it all they believed they could go and buy the love of God.

this so apply to anyone who does not take the scriptures very seriously;and do not learn to love God.

Read what I said again. I did not say that the 10 foolish ones were Trinitarians. I was comparing.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 04 2010,06:17)
    Hi CO,
    Indeed Paul was sent to the gentile nations just as Jesus was sent to Israel.
    But neither achieved a full response to their call for repentance into life.

NH.
    Of course a 'full response' was not achieved, but this will be accomplished at the “consummation”. Read 'ALL' scripture, (1Cor.15) don't give up before the end, thats how you get your misinformation!

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 409 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account