Will all men be saved?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 409 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene …….it says that the devil that decieved them will be cast into the lake of fire it does not say anyone else will. If it is there pleas post it. IMO

peace and love to you and Georg…………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes G,
    It does and then more follow[Rev 20]

glad tidings
    Participant

Jodi,

Matthew 10:28 says that we are to fear him who is able to destroy both body and soul in hell? Of whom does this scripture speak of? Of the Devil? Or could it be God? The One who spoke the following: Isaiah 13:9: “Behold, the day of the LORD is coming, cruel with fury and burning anger, To make the land a desolation; And He will exterminate [destroy] its sinners from it.”

This verse is talking about YHWH's judgement on Babylon in the future, “Day of the Lord”. Notice the word “destroy” is used (Heb: Samad Greek: Apollymi) and it means such things as: annihilate, exterminate, to make extinct, etc. Notice that it is the sinner [whole person] that is destroyed. I just don't see where this verse is saying that is is the sin nature of the sinner being destroyed exclusive of the whole person.

God says that He is going to utterly blot out the memory of Amalek from under heaven in Exodus 17:14. There's no reason to suggest that it is just his old nature that's going to be blotted out; it's the whole man, and his name is Amalek, the grandson of Esau.

In Revelation 3:5, the Lord says: “He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name froom the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.”

Revelation 13:8 speaks of those who worship the beast, and they will be “everyone whose names are not been written in the book of life of the lamb slain from the foundation of the world.”
    Obviously, there will be a distinction of classes of people whom the Lord has judged. Perhaps this is the reason both resurrections carry the Biblical epithet: Just, and Unjust.

After the judgement of the dead (white throne) in Revelation 20:12-15, and death and hell were cast into the lake of fire, it says in verse 15: “And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” This verse insinuates that there will be some names [persons] who didn't make the list.

I agree that “the old man nature” has to be dealt with in all who name the name of Christ, and that Christ dealt a fatal blow to it. But perhaps, among other things that God had in mind in doing this, this action was dealt out so the WE (Christians, and the ones to whom the Book of Romans is written to [see chapter one, verse 7]) would not be slaves to sin, but that we could have a new master in our life that would enable us to glorify God in our bodies and lives.

Romans 6:4 “Therefore WE [the ones belonging to Chapter 1:7, those called to be saints] are buried with him by baptism into death, that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall also be in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this: that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.”

Respectfully,

Patrick

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

GT…………..When does this body of sin get destroyed, when we were baptized?, But Paul says the good I would do I do not but the evil i would not do that I do, O wretched Man that I am who can deliver me from this body of death, He thanked GOD through Christ Jesus He would be delievered. Another place Paul say it is no longer I that do it, but sin that dwells in my body, SO then with the mind I serve the laws of GOD , but whit the body the law of sin and death. It seem that as long as we are in these flesh bodies sin remains, and we will not be shed of it till we get new bodies filled with new Spirit. Don't think I am saying it OK to sin because i am not. But it does appear according to Paul it will be a problem until we die. IMO

peace and love………………………..gene

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Sep. 09 2009,11:19)
    Irene …….it says that the devil that decieved them will be cast into the lake of fire it does not say anyone else will. If it is there pleas post it.  IMO

peace and love to you and Georg…………………….gene

Gene! Did you not read Malachi. The wicked will be destroyed along with Satan and Anti-Christ. Who the wicked are is not revealed in Malachi.
    Rev, 19:20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the
    false prophet who worked signs in his presence which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshipped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.
    I also believe that those who belong now to that beast power should heed the warnings, some of God's People that God has revealed the truth to. And if you don't know what I am talking about, then go to one of the treads in Prophecy,
    Also read on in Rev. 20 and 21. Unfortunately there will be humans that end up in the lake of fire. I am not predicting who will and who will not. Malachi says plenty. The false prophet is a human, and so is the beast. And all those who have the mark of the beast are humans.

Peace and Love Irene

glad tidings
    Participant

Gene,

Good question.

I believe the scriptures in Romans 7 teach us that we have to contend with this old nature until Christ returns, and then at that time, we will forever be delivered from it. Until then, we have a choice to make: We can serve the law of sin with our flesh and reap the consequences, or we can thankfully serve the law of Christ with our minds (of Christ). Paul gives great thanks in verse 25 of this chapter in view of this reality because he realizes that this option is available ( there was a time when it wasn't)

What does this mean in relation to our topic at hand? Well, I believe that repentence and baptism make available the holy spirit which gives us the ability to bear fruit unto God with our whole being (not just part of it) see I Thessaloniains 5:23.

Conversely, I also believe that Christians can become defiled in their whole being; otherwise, why would Paul warn the Corinthians to flee from idolatry? See I Corinthians 10:7-14.

I agree that Christ effected a reconcilation available to all mankind, but I also contend that not all men are going to avail themselves of the awesome privaleges and effects that accompany being reconciled. One of these effects is holiness. God demands holiness, and I believe that He does not desire anything less than this attribute in His people. People are either holy or unholy, there's no middle ground with God.

Ephesians 5:5: “For this you know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man who is an idolater has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.”

To the Hebrew, life in the age to come has everything to do with inheriting the kingdom. This promise begins with Abraham and progresses through the ages to culminate with the coming of the seed [Christ] “to whom the promise had been made.” Galatians 3:19. Part of this promise was to inherit the earth (or land); this is the place where God is going to place His people to enjoy everlasting life. Psalms 37:28,29 says that the righteous will inherit the land and dwell in it forever, but the wicked will be cut off from it. Verse 34 says: “Wait for the LORD and keep His way, and He will exalt you to iinherit the land”. Verse 22 says: “For those blessed by Him will inherit the land, But those cursed by Him will be cut off.”

Blessings, Pat

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 08 2009,12:51)
    Seems like you are the one blocking the door saying YHWH chooses for some not to enter IN. Even though scripture disagrees with you, you prefer to believe that He will only have mercy on some.

You teach that the Almighty Father is not CONVINCING enough for ALL, only for SOME. Making salvation a work of self righteousness =(, and the work of YHWH NOT GOOD ENOUGH for every man! You teach that His powerful and intelligent Spirit FAILS to fulfill His desire, which is to save every man.

You DENY Romans 5 that teaches us that the number of those saved exceeds the number of all who will have ever died. This means of course that everyone who ever died is saved and those alive when Christ returns are all saved as well. Do the math, that equals every person saved!

Greetings Jodi……The issue is not the math…it is the interpretation and how it applies to the rest of the chapter…Which is why it is essential to read the entire chapter and not just the verses that serve your purpose…

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (glad tidings @ Sep. 08 2009,23:22)
    Jodi,

My apology,  I didn't mean to come off sarcastic in my previous post (perhaps more on the satirical side, but not sarcastic).  

I was once taught that once a person got saved, he was heading for heaven regardless of what he did for the rest of his life.  That doctrinal belief, at times, brought stumbling to my life because it had a tendency to (for me, that is) to produce an attitude in me somewhat less than the fear of the Lord (as it should be had as an impetus to avoid vain conduct and sin).  

I have to disagree that God is going to force salvation upon all men; otherwise, He didn't create us as free moral agents, and free will is not free will at all.  (Even Jesus had to maintain a resolve to
    “do the will of Him who sent me”)  

Consider that perhaps there's a distinction between what God wills, and what man wills in these regards, otherwise, we are not free moral agents, but robots.  I believe you are taking II Peter 3:9 out of context.  The point about God's diligence to bring His promise to pass upon those who fear Him is clearly stated in verse 14:  “Therefore, beloved, since you look for such things [speaking of the hope], be diligent to be found in Him in peace, spotless and blameless, and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, wrote to you” .  Clearly exemplified in other places in the scriptures is the truth that God's patience and longsuffering is not inexhaustible (case in point:  Sodom & Gommrah, Lot's wife, the flood, etc)

Yes, God is diligent to help us attain to life, but He expects us to be diligent as well.  Are we going to fall short at times?  Ofcourse.  But the point of this epistle, as is the point that Paul made in his epistles many times is this:  “Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil  is not in vain in the Lord” – I Corinthians 15:58.

Phillipians 3:10

I'll get back to this….I've got to go for now.

Hi Glad Tidings,

First let me say that I DO not believe that YHWH FORCES anyone to believe. I keep hearing people accuse me of teaching such, and that is NOT my belief at all, and I have actually clearly shown it not to be. YHWH does not force, but when the TIME has come according to His plan, YHWH is most certainly able to CONVINCE and SHOW every man his error, and bring him into repentance and a love for the truth that is in Christ.  Man is a pathetic, gullible human being, just look around at the world and see just how easily influenced he is in what he will follow and believe.  If man can be influenced to do evil by the ways of man I most certainly believe that YHWH’s influences can SUPERCEDE any ways of that of man’s. The problem is this mainstream Christian narrow minded way of thinking, built upon false doctrine that has everyone so blind.  All rooted in the non supported biblical idea that everyone must accept Christ before they die or else.

There is PREPERATION NEEDED for EVERY individual BEFORE they can come to accept Christ into their heart and in their mind. Often it is a combination of healing, receiving knowledge, and discipline that is necessary in order to combat all the dysfunctional and evil influences that have been wired and programmed into an individual’s memory throughout their life.  It seems so many Christians are clueless about INDIVIDULAS and their personal experiences and how that can HELP or HINDER them accepting TRUTH. They also seem to be ignorant or blind to the fact that YHWH says that He has blinded many for a purpose, but that their eyes will one day be opened.  They also seem to think that ANY Christian truth will do, the only thing that matters, of which they all seem good at parroting, almost as if they are brainwashed  is  saying, ‘accept Jesus as your savior now, or suffer later  in hell forever’.

Does NOT man’s ways of evil dominate in this world? Is it not obvious that YHWH is allowing men to invent and expand all sorts of evil? As a child grows up in this world there exists an abundance of many sorts of adversaries of which soak evil into their brains, pounding it into their memory.  

Just what constitutes the CALLING of YHWH? Christians seem to have LITTLE UNDERSTANDING as to HOW the TRUTH and salvation comes, even though they themselves claim they’ve got it.

What is the atheists CALLING? The fact that the child’s parents were atheists, was that God’s attempt to develop the boy into finding the truth? The fact that the boy grew, learning NOTHING about the bible and everything about evolution, was that his calling?

The little girl raised with an abusive father who sexual abused her, was that YHWH’s calling? Did YHWH call her through allowing her to have a non resilient heart, filled with emptiness and promiscuous behavior to try and fill all her voids?  Was that work of evil creating more evil behavior, a calling by YHWH?

Oh, but one might say that many of these people DO become Christians, they DO overcome the darkness of the world and see the light of Christ, and accept him in their heart. They do stop abusing drugs, gambling, being sexually immoral. The truth is they have accepted nothing but a bunch of LIES. The whole world, even the Christian world is filled with NOTHING but lies and deceit.  The doctrine of the Trinity, eternal torture, and how about, give me all your money and you will be saved, sort a deal.  
    IMO, if you don’t accept the RIGHT Jesus the TRUE Jesus, then you are yet to be truly called.

Now is the time where YHWH is CALLING a few to be leaders with Christ. This age is not the calling of all men, and if it were I would have NO confidence in YHWH.

Glad Tidings, you speak of free will, and how God has made everyone CAPABLE  of choosing Him, and He does not force people to follow Him. It seems you and other Christians believe that YHWH has made EVERYONE EQUALLY ABLE to come to Him through accepting the mistranslated bible that no one agrees on, of which MOST teach LIES from? That’s it, that’s the end of the story, that is God’s GREAT and fabulous calling to all and they must find it before they die or ELSE?

Where does a person derive their choices FROM, where is their choice extracted? The BRAIN, right? How FREE is an INDIVIDUALS brain? Is it not BOUND to it’s accumulated knowledge (or lack there of), and personal experiences? Do children have the freedom to choose their parents, to choose how their parents treat them and educate them? Does everyone have CONTROL over EVERY aspect of their entire life, or are they restricted in many things, such as how they are treated, and what information they receive from the world around them? Do we see that for EVERY negative influence and every evil influence that goes inside a person’s brain as they go from an infant into an adult, that YHWH is also right there counteracting each one with a specific  good one, making them FREE and CAPABLE to make righteous choices? Or would it appear that man is in an age of darkness and YHWH is letting the way’s of man dominate the human brain?

Romans 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the c
    hildren of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. 23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.

1 Corinthians 15:20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming. 24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.

When Christ RETURNS that is when he and the Elect set out to RID evil. Now is the current age where evil is allowed to influence.

James 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death. 16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. 18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.

Revelation 14:1 Then I looked, and behold, a* Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having+ His Father's name written on their foreheads. 2 And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of loud thunder. And I heard the sound of harpists playing their harps. 3 They sang as it were a new song before the throne, before the four living creatures, and the elders; and no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth. 4 These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb. 5 And in their mouth was found no deceit, for they are without fault before the throne of God.

YHWH chooses who He redeems to be His firstfruits. There is NO biblical authority to teach that EVERYONE before they die has equally received a calling of redemption. The bible specifically shows us that there is a NUMBER, who BEFORE Christ returns, are specifically chosen to receive the FIRST of YHWH’s Spirit, and these receive immortality at Christ’s return. Yes these people are blessed, they loved righteousness and hated wickedness, however it was still YHWH that worked such into their hearts, they did not get there on their own. Did YHWH give us salvation in Christ, but expect us to find the means within ourselves to choose that salvation on our own? Do we on our own have to find it within ourselves to accept Jesus?  
    Have we NOT learned anything from what the law produced with Israel?

God provided the law to the Israelites and it was their choice to follow it, but it proved to be impossible to keep, it did not produce righteousness but exposed SIN. Christ however, was the ONLY man to be able to fulfill the law, did he accomplish it through merely choosing to follow it? NO, the GREAT LESSON and revelation in Jesus is that it takes YHWH in order to do it. Jesus did not follow the law through his own means, he RECEIVED the MEANS to follow it from his Father!

We could say that it is our choice to follow YHWH and accept the truth in Jesus, but it is NOT our choice WHEN and WHERE we receive the MEANS of which causes the influence to make that choice happen. So it all comes back to what I have been saying all along, YHWH’s influences when chosen to be given by Him according to His plan, SUPERCEDE any other influences. YHWH”S influences are more intelligent, stronger, and more convincing than any way of man. To say that YHWH is capable of influencing some, but NOT ALL is a disgrace to our Almighty Father.

What has become very apparent to me today thinking about all this, is that Christians want to cast accepting Jesus like it was an Old Testament law. They have taken God's calling and His redemption through Jesus and made it UNOBTAINABLE!! Just like NO MAN on his OWN from within himself could CHOOSE to follow the law perfectly and obtain righteousness, NO MAN can come to the acceptance of Jesus without being given the means to do so from YHWH! Like I said, Christians parrot, 'accept Jesus now as your savior or be cast later into hell forever,' as if it were some OT law.

James 1:18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.

2 Timothy 2: 11 This is a faithful saying: For if we died with Him, We shall also live with Him. 12 If we endure, We shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us. 13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.

Romans 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies.

Ephesians 1:17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power 20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,

Revelation 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll, And to open its seals; For You were slain, And have redeemed us to God by Your blood Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10 And have made us kings  and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth.”

And who shall these Elect be kings and priests FOR, themselves?

1 Corinthians 6:1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints? 2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life? 4 If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge? 5 I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren? 6 But brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers! 7 Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated? 8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren!

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit
    the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals…..will inherit the Kingdom of God, THEY will ALL be WASHED, SANCTIFIED, JUSTIFIED, just as the firstfruits were!!

Jude 1:14 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, 15 to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.” 16 These are grumblers, complainers, walking according to their own lusts; and they mouth great swelling words, flattering people to gain advantage.

Can we not see what YHWH’s plan consists of? YHWH called and perfected one man, then through that man He called an elect group that would be raised at Christ’s return. Then Our Almighty Father would then use Christ and the saints to call the rest of mankind!!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Yes saved men all come from sinful origins but have left the world and been joined to the Holy One of God.

Sin has no place in the kingdom of light.

All men who have lived and will live since Jesus are already called. No second and later chances.

Death then judgement.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Sep. 09 2009,11:04)
    eveh……….The only ones that (CAN) find it are the ones GOD is Elected  and Chosen. Jesus spoke of these saying they were YOURS and though has given them to me.  JODI is right there are only a few Chosen and the rest were blinded and can (NOT) come to Jesus, on there own so-called (FREE WILLS) . Jesus plainly said (NO) MAN (CAN) come unto unless the Father draws Him , and He also said who ever the FATHER delivers to Him, He will in (NO) WISE turn away. The whole world lies in blindness only a few God has elected to open their eyes to the truth, and as JODI said they are to instruct and teach other in the KINGDOM. This is (NOT) the (ONLY) day of SALVATION it is (A) DAY of salvation for the Elect. GOD plan is to save (ALL) His creation not a little part of IT. A time will come when no more will a man teach his neighbor to know the LORD for they (ALL) shall know of ME from the least to the greatest. FOR the World will be full of the knowledge of the LORD.  We all have more going for us then we realize, because who GOD the FATHER IS> IMO

peace and love……………………..gene

Amen, AMEN, brother Gene!

Very well put!

Love to you, Jodi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Jesus brought the light to deliver men from darkness but men still prefer the darkness and will not come to the light. Nothing has changed and most are able to hope only for the mercy of God.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Sep. 09 2009,23:22)

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 08 2009,12:51)
    Seems like you are the one blocking the door saying YHWH chooses for some not to enter IN. Even though scripture disagrees with you, you prefer to believe that He will only have mercy on some.

You teach that the Almighty Father is not CONVINCING enough for ALL, only for SOME. Making salvation a work of self righteousness =(, and the work of YHWH NOT GOOD ENOUGH for every man! You teach that His powerful and intelligent Spirit FAILS to fulfill His desire, which is to save every man.

You DENY Romans 5 that teaches us that the number of those saved exceeds the number of all who will have ever died. This means of course that everyone who ever died is saved and those alive when Christ returns are all saved as well. Do the math, that equals every person saved!

Greetings Jodi……The issue is not the math…it is the interpretation and how it applies to the rest of the chapter…Which is why it is essential to read the entire chapter and not just the verses that serve your purpose…

Huh?

I love CHAPTER 5, the ENTIRE chapter. It is very revealing and probably one of my top three favorite chapters out of the entire bible. It shows YHWH's plan how ONE man brought the SIN to EVERY man and how ONE man removes it.

Like I mentioned in my prior post, Christians have taken the GRACE and SALVATION of our Almighty Father and have turned it into an Old Testament law. They are rather clueless it seems about HOW a personal actually RECEIVES salvation.

Romans 5:15 But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man's offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.

For as many that have DIED even MORE then that will receive grace. This TRULY exposes YHWH's GREATNESS in His Mercy, His intelligence, and His capabilities with influence to wash away man's filth.

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Indeed the ransom abounds to many over 2000 years but none who turn away from the Lord Jesus Christ can avail themselves of the saving grace he brings.

Grace and peace are in Jesus and Paul wrote to those who had walked through that door.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 10 2009,13:48)
    Hi Jodi,
    Yes saved men all come from sinful origins but have left the world and been joined to the Holy One of God.

Sin has no place in the kingdom of light.

All men who have lived and will live since Jesus are already called. No second and later chances.

Death then judgement.

So your understanding is that the First to receive the fruit of YHWH's Spirit are also the ONLY and the last?

So then you believe that those raised with Jesus who are said to become Kings and priests are so, to themselves?

I don't think you understand WHAT judgment means, I think Georg called you on this as well.

Christ and the elect will judge, and just as the elect themselves were judged, called out on their transgression, so will those in the second resurrection. And just as the elect were washed, sanctified and justified, so too will be those in the second resurrection.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    No the Spirit and those fruits is promised to all God calls[Acts 2.39] but so few respond it is not taken up. The work of Jesus was never magic unto the conciliation with God for all but did provide that opportunity.[Jn3]

Only the armies surrounding Jerusalem will be wiped out and many surviving natural men will be ruled by Jesus and his brothers[Lk19]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    The second resurrection and judgement is described in Jn5, Lk19 and Mt 25 and REv20.

No late restoration seems possible then as judgement is to all as goats [Jn3]except for the sheep saved according to their past works of mercy.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………..you really got this screw up . John said Jesus died not just for US (the called and chosen) but for the sin of the whole world, but you are constantly trying to reduce it to just a few. Hardly scriptural and Jodi has said it right. GOD has (Concluded (ALL) under sin) that he might have Mercy on (ALL)> what part of that you don't get. Your so-called free will salvation is not true, we are saved by (GRACE) and that (NOT) of OURSELVES. Paul said there was (NO) good thing in HIS flesh BECAUSE TO (WILL) WAS PRESENT WITH HIM. You can WILL all you want but it will (NOT) save YOU. It must be by GRACE , GOD does not want any boasters in His face, now or ever. And if His GRACE is Good enough fro us it is good enough for (ALL). Why do you resist Him sharing His mercy and forgiveness and love with all His creation,. If God could for give Us believe me He can forgive all. No one is saying we are not going to be disciplined and scourged in our walk with God's judgments and chastisements , nor is anyone saying it is easy either. But GOD is quite capable of saving and correcting us all if that is what it takes to deliver us. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Indeed.
    It is finished,
    The ransom is paid.
    Now who will come to the Son of God to receive that eternal life?

He calls out to come to the fountain of life.[Jn7, Prov5-6]
    The sound is swallowed up in the noise and bustle of life.

eveh
    Participant

For how does it profit a man to gain the whole world yet lose his soul?” Matthew 16:26

What? Did you read that? Jesus said it is possible to lose your soul. But if all are to be saved, Jesus must be wrong. Is he wrong?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………I think your mistaken He does not call out, the FATHER draws People He is saving to Jesus, as Jesus said. Jesus said they were yours and thou has given then unto me (for safe keeping). Scripture shows GOD the FATHER choses who is gong to be in the First resurrection and there purpose is to convince and teach the rest of the wold, under Jesus' supervision . Even the disciples were choses before they were even converted, Jesus said to then YOU did not chose me i chose you. It also says the those chosen were preordained before the foundations of the world for their calling. ” For whom He foreknew He also predestined “. God the FATHER is the ONE in (COMPLETE CONTROL) of ALL things. Putting the salvation process into the hand of the man being saved is Just pumping His EGO and is far from the truth, It's by grace and if by GRACE it is (NOT) by works, because if it is by our work it is no longer by GRACE, You can Have it both ways Nick. IMO

peace and love to you brother………………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 409 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account