Will all men be saved?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 409 total)
  • Author
    Texas
    Participant

Is it true that “all men” will be saved?

To begin this writing I would like to quote from the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, what is written at John 5:28,29. Some do not favor using this Translation of the Holy Writings, but I use it now, because it suits my purpose, and what is written in this Translation in these particular verses is in full harmony with what is stated in one other Chapter and verse of the Psalms. In John 5:28,29 it is written: “Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the “Memorial Tombs” will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.” So can one take these verses to mean that all men will be saved? If they do, they are quite wrong in believing that! That is because of what is written in Psalms 88:5 This scripture shows that the expression “Memorial Tombs” is absolutely correct, for it states: “Free among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, whom thou rememberest no more; and they are cut off from thy hand.” [KJV] So some lying in the common grave of dead mankind will remain there forever because Jehovah does not remember them anymore. They are gone from his memory, and not in the “Memorial Tombs.”

Just how many and who they are, no one can say, but Jehovah will know who and how many there are. That is not for us to know! So we do not try to tread into an area that does not concern us, although, I know some will!

Now keep in mind this idea that ALL MEN will be saved as you consider the following six verses of scripture:

“Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts; we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy Holy Temple.” [Psalm 65:4] [1]

“As thou has given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou has given him.” [John 17:2] [2]

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” [John 14:6] [3]

“No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him; and I will raise him up the last day.” [John 6:44] [4]

“And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given him of my Father.” [John 6:65] [5]

“If the World hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If you were of the World, the World would love his own; but because ye are not of the World, but I have chosen you out of the World, therefore the World hateth you.” [John 15:18,19] [6]

Number 1 tells us that it is Jehovah who chooses all of those who will gain life-

Number 2 tells us that it is only the ones given to the Christ by the Father that have opportunity to gain eternal life.

Number 3 tells that the only approach to the Father was through Jesus

Number 4 tells us that one must be drawn by Jehovah to his Son

Number 5 shows us that any approach must be granted by the Father

Number 6 we learn that certain ones were chosen out of the World –

Now the question arises, if ALL MEN are to be saved why does Jehovah have to pick and carefully choose all of those who will gain life? If all are to be saved then he could have randomly chose from among mankind, just anyone. The fact that he didn't shows that ALL MEN are not going to be saved.

For those who still believe that all men will be saved, let them consider one last scripture that will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that all men will not be saved. That scripture is found at Matthew 25: 31-46 and in verses 31-34 it reads thusly: “When the Son of Man shall come in his glory, and all the Holy Angels with him, then shall he sit upon the Throne of his glory; and before him shall be gathered all Nations; and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth the sheep from the goats; And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, [favor] but the goats on the left … [disfavor]

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye, blessed of my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the World” … Now, notice what he has to say to the goatlike ones in verse 41 “Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into the everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels” … verse 46 and these shall go away into everlasting punishment; : but the righteous into eternal life.” So, only the sheep-like ones gain life, but, for the goats, there is no life at all, as the scripture says, they gain only everlasting punishmen in the lake of fire. {Revelation 20:10]

All men will be saved? Absolutely not!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Texas……….Jesus is separating the Nations it doesn't say individuals as you assert. There are many lairs, thieves and murders, that go visit people when they are sick, and when they are in Jail, does that mean they will be saved then, because they did that. When Christ returns He will separate the Nations into groups that provided care and support for their own and other Nations and will establish them and those who have not will be destroyed. Because His Government is one of Sharing and Giving and support to the weak, but those nations who don't give and only take will not be allowed to continue.

Here is somthing to think abut Texas,

Heb 8:12……..> For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember (NO MORE).

and again for 1 Ti 4:10..> For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living GOD, who (IS) the SAVIOR of (ALL) men, especially of those that believe.

Rom 11:32…> For God has concluded them (ALL) in unbelief, that He might have mercy upon (ALL)

Writing people off to an eternal fiery destruction is not biblical , It is a false teaching . The fire or lake of fire is a symbol of intense Judgments and should not be taken as a literial (FIRE) but a spiritual judgement that burns the dross out of us , much as a real fire purifies Gold, or silver.

“For every man work shall be tried, and if He has built with precious metals such as gold , silver etc, he shall recieve a reward, but if he has built with wood, stuble etc, it shall be burned up , (BUT) he himself shall be saved (YET) as BY FIRE. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    You take teachings given to the saved [1cor] and apply them to all men.
    Look deeper and learn of the second death.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..> What do you do with 1 Ti 4:10 ? does that not apply to all>

peace and love…………………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    No God saves all men every day from themselves and from their sins that demand judgement.
    He is patient and gives foolish men time to repent before they die.
    Then they do face judgment

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 19 2009,21:52)
    G,
    No God saves all men every day from themselves and from their sins that demand judgement.
    He is patient and gives foolish men time to repent before they die.
    Then they do face judgment

Nick………your putting your spin on what is written, Scripture does not say what you are saying brother. In light of this please explain the text i have quoted then.

peace and love to you………………………gene

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Texas @ April 19 2009,06:15)
    Is it  true that “all men” will be saved?

Absolutely not!

Since you knew the answer to your question, what was the point of asking it?

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    1Tim4
    10For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

There are not two or more different levels of eternal salvation.
    Those who worked one hour got the same wage as those there all day.
    So “specially those who believe” shows that this does not relate to eternal salvation.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

NIck………So say you but scripture shows there is another day of salvation this is not the only day. GOD'S power is more then enough to save all His creation if He so chooses. Jesus said (all thing are possible with GOD)> So who are you to disagree with the desire and will of GOD. You can not dictate to Him what He will do Nick.

peace and love……………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Would you presume to state that God will save all men when He has not said so?

chosenone
    Participant

1Cor.15:21-28 …21 For since, in fact, through a man came death, through a Man, also, comes the resurrection of the dead.
    22 For even as, in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all be vivified.
    23 Yet each in his own class: the Firstfruit, Christ; thereupon those who are Christ's in His presence;
    24 thereafter the consummation, whenever He may be giving up the kingdom to His God and Father, whenever He should be nullifying all sovereignty and all authority and power.
    25 For He must be reigning until He should be placing all His enemies under His feet.
    26 The last enemy is being abolished: death.
    27 For He subjects all under His feet. Now whenever He may be saying that all is subject, it is evident that it is outside of Him Who subjects all to Him.
    28 Now, whenever all may be subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also shall be subjected to Him Who subjects all to Him, that God may be All in all.)

Notice in verse 24, speaking of the “consummation”, this goes far past the book of revelation. It speaks of the “completeness' of Gods creation. When God will be “All in all”.

Will all mankind be saved? Absolutely!

Blessings.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 21 2009,08:00)
    G,
    Would you presume to state that God will save all men when He has not said so?

Gene has read scripture and therefore knows all will not be saved but he finds that truth unpleasant and so denies it by constructing a strange tenet to cover it up.  Such denial seems to be a common human reaction to truths they find unpleasant.  One hopes that someday Gene will learn to trust God and face the unpleasant truths that come from God but in the meantime we also face those truths God utters we ourselves find unpleasant.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ April 21 2009,17:14)
    1Cor.15:21-28   …21  For since, in fact, through a man came death, through a Man, also, comes the resurrection of the dead.
    22 For even as, in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all be vivified.
    23 Yet each in his own class: the Firstfruit, Christ; thereupon those who are Christ's in His presence;
    24 thereafter the consummation, whenever He may be giving up the kingdom to His God and Father, whenever He should be nullifying all sovereignty and all authority and power.
    25 For He must be reigning until He should be placing all His enemies under His feet.
    26 The last enemy is being abolished: death.
    27 For He subjects all under His feet. Now whenever He may be saying that all is subject, it is evident that it is outside of Him Who subjects all to Him.
    28 Now, whenever all may be subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also shall be subjected to Him Who subjects all to Him, that God may be All in all.)

Notice in verse 24, speaking of the “consummation”, this goes far past the book of revelation.  It speaks of the “completeness' of Gods creation.  When God will be “All in all”.

Will all mankind be saved?  Absolutely!

Blessings.

God will be all in all of those that have obeyed and listened to the prophet, Jesus.

Act 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
    Mal 4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
    Mal 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
    Mal 4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

God's desire is to save all mankind, but not all will obey.

Georg

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Georg………You are confusing the First death with the Second death, all will die one way or another , then after that the Judgment , Now if any have not sinned let Him condemn then. But facts speak for themselves, we are (ALL) Sinners, So why should GOD spare you a sinner and not other sinners who might sin less the we do, bit still are sinners, For He who breaks the lest of these Laws is guilty of ALL. So while you condemn others aren't you condemning yourself also. “For he who condemns another condemns Himself also” Go figure what that means, I hate it when people condemn others to the exclusion of themselves, like their fate is different then others, making GOD a respecter of Persons, when scripture shows He is NO respecter of Persons , GOD the Father love all his Creation from the lest to the most important, Even as much as He love Jesus,  You or no one has the right , nor power to condemn any one. God is certainly capable of saving all His CREATION. “For the whole CREATION will be delievered from the bondage of Corruption.”. If GOD is not willing (ANY) parish, why should you be?  And please do not take this as i am saying its OK to SIN. “For every sin shall recieve it's just recompense”.IMO

peace and love to you and Irene…………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Scripture reveals the judgements of God.
    You should not adjust them

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..And you should not adjust them to exclude YOURSELF ALSO. IMO

peace and love………………………gene

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ April 22 2009,03:39)
    Georg………You are confusing the First death with the Second death, all will die one way or another , then after that the Judgment , Now if any have not sinned let Him condemn then. But facts speak for themselves, we are (ALL) Sinners, So why should GOD spare you a sinner and not other sinners who might sin less the we do, bit still are sinners, For He who breaks the lest of these Laws is guilty of ALL. So while you condemn others aren't you condemning yourself also. “For he who condemns another condemns Himself also” Go figure what that means, I hate it when people condemn others to the exclusion of themselves, like their fate is different then others, making GOD a respecter of Persons, when scripture shows He is NO respecter of Persons , GOD the Father love all his Creation from the lest to the most important, Even as much as He love Jesus,  You or no one has the right , nor power to condemn any one. God is certainly capable of saving all His CREATION. “For the whole CREATION will be delievered from the bondage of Corruption.”. If GOD is not willing (ANY) parish, why should you be?  And please do not take this as i am saying its OK to SIN. “For every sin shall recieve it's just recompense”.IMO

peace and love to you and Irene…………………………..gene

Gene

If your post is in response to what I have said, it makes absolutely no sense to me.
    I am speaking of the second death because that death will be final, couldn't you see that from the scriptures I quoted?
    The time a sinners future will be determined, is during the millennium, you continue to disobey, you suffer the lake of fire, eternal, everlasting death.
    How, and whom was I judging?

Georg

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Georg………I understood you as speaking of the present time, Now seeing we are (ALL) sinners then who can say who will be eternally destroyed in any resurrection first or second, GOD is Able to SAVE (ALL) His Creation as scripture says. In fact it says He will save (ALL) his creation. Who is to say if anyone will continue to disobey in the Judgment, isn't that what the Judgment is all about to save all. God has already Judged all under sin that He might have mercy on (ALL). Remember you or Nick or anyone else Have no Power to save or condemn anyone. Unto His own master he will stand of fall and stand He will because GOD is able to make Him stand. Your salvation is between you and GOD just as everyones else is also, so lets let GOD be the Judge, He is quite able to save ALL, and to give (ALL) repentance if He so chooses, even if it is through intense Judgments (FIRE) of HIS. IMO

love and peace to you and Irene………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    God has never said the lake of fire has been cancelled.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

gorge………..Show me where it Say's the second death is final, I don't recall seen that in scripture. Death can be in may forms, How do you know the second death is not talking about those who have not put themselves to death in this life, and must do so in the next, in order to inherit eternal life. Those in the first resurrection have already put themselves to death even while they are still alive now, so they won't have to do it later. Just something to think about brother. IMO

love and peace to you and Irene…………………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 409 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account