Why You Should Believe In The Trinity – Response To JW Cult Teaching

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    DavidL
    Participant

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl,

Yes the JWs are deceived.

So should you follow catholicism?

Out of the frying pan into the fire.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Nick is very human for some to take an extreme group to represent a view that one does not like. It is not an honest way to treat a subject, nevertheless, it is a common tactic. Many people in the world believe in one who is God including the Old Testament prophets and Jews. Even millennia before the JWs.

DavidL can’t win using scripture with his view, so it comes down to playing politics to win or to try and tar us with a JW brush.

Best thing we can do is pray that he would become free in the truth.

kerwin
    Participant

DavidL is just spamming us with these and then running off.  He is not using them to support a point and I have no interest in looking at Trinitarian nonsense that is meat for the zealous or those that find them entertaining.

tigger
    Participant

After 16 minutes of time-wasting book promotion and anti-JW blather in the video of the OP, I quit watching.  For those of you who have listened all the way through (or read all 140+ pages of Bowman’s book), here is my rebuttal to Bowman’s rebuttal as found in various of his anti-JW books.

If you had the time and energy to listen (or read) all of Bowman’s stuff, surely you can force yourself to examine the following relatively short study I wrote about Bowman’s rant and posted on my blog:

http://examiningthetrinity.blogspot.com/2010/01/bowqt.html

And for those who are able to read my longer (but much shorter than Bowman’s book) study concerning more of Bowman’s charges:

http://defendingthenwt.blogspot.com/2009/09/bownwt.html

Ed J
    Participant

Hi DavidL,

In the video (time-line 0:45-1:03) quoting from John 8:24:
    “for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.” (John 8:24)

My question to you is: when Jesus said this in John 8:24, what exactly does Jesus mean?
    I say: if you don’t believe that Jesus is “he” (meaning “The Messiah”) you shall die in your sins.
    He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Are you suggesting that Jesus is saying something else in John 8:24, other than he is “The Messiah”?

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

Ed J
    Participant

Hi DavidL,

There was a member here named “jammin”, and he use to post words written by others.
    And when we looked into those words and were questioning him about them
    he would reply… …’why are you asking me I didn’t write it?’

That is why I don’t bother to read ‘cut and paste’ jobs – copied from outside sources. (sorry UMB5 and Tigger)
    However, I will waste my time watching their propaganda videos that members post from outside sources. 🙂

…so please don’t use as an excuse
    “the video doesn’t express my ideas”
    to avoid answering my questions, OK?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi UMB5 and Tigger,

When people are willing to participate not by using the reworded words
    of others (like the Watchtower Society) and actually take the time

to paraphrase the ideas first received of others so that they match with
    their own ideas of truth …that is where communication begins.

tigger
    Participant

“There was a member here named “jammin”, and he use to post words written by others.
    And when we looked into those words and were questioning him about them
    he would reply… …’why are you asking me I didn’t write it?’

“That is why I don’t bother to read ‘cut and paste’ jobs – copied from outside sources. (sorry UMB5 and Tigger)
    However, I will waste my time watching their propaganda videos that members post from outside sources. ”

……………………………………….

But as I have already stated, the words found in the 2 links I have given above are mine!  I wrote them and I posted them from my own studies.

Also I would like to know where the WT has “pushed off the Trinitarian doctrine to the 8th century” as I believe I heard somewhere in the first 16 minutes of the video.

Ed J
    Participant

But as I have already stated, the words found in the 2 links I have given above are mine! I wrote them and I posted them from my own studies.

Hi Tigger,

Then post them here in bite size pieces so that all here can take the time to respond to them, OK?

Ed J
    Participant

Also I would like to know where the WT has “pushed off the Trinitarian doctrine to the 8th century” as I believe I heard somewhere in the first 16 minutes of the video.

Hi Tigger,

Huh?

Can you please re-work the structure of the words here so I can understand what you mean ???

kerwin
    Participant

To you all,

He may very well not answer you as he seldom posts any more. He just throws these vipers down and leaves.

tigger
    Participant

Tigger: “But as I have already stated, the words found in the 2 links I have given above are mine! I wrote them and I posted them from my own studies.”

EdJ: “Hi Tigger,

“Then post them here in bite size pieces so that all here can take the time to respond to them, OK?”

………………………….

Hi, Ed. I am nearing 80 years old, not in the best health, energy and memory levels falling, and find such effort often to be difficult (hence the links to my work).

I have tried such an approach with my “Seven Lessons for John 1:1c.” Even when broken down into seven different posts and simplified from the original study, no one will truly investigate nor discuss what I have actually written in them.

https://heavennet.net/forums/topic/seven-lessons-for-john-11c/

http://forum.bible-discussion.com/showthread.php?26242-seven-lessons-for-understanding-the-translation-of-John-1-1c

If I were assured that someone would actually discuss what I have written (instead of off-subject ‘evidence’ and red herrings), I would be happy to attempt to dredge up the energy to spell out any of my studies in dribbles and bits.

But I fear my last years will be wasted without anyone actually discussing what I have written in any of my studies (especially my comprehensive study of John 1:1c).

tigger
    Participant

Tigger:  “Also I would like to know where the WT has ‘pushed off the Trinitarian doctrine to the 8th century’ as I believe I heard somewhere in the first 16 minutes of the video.”

EdJ: “Hi Tigger,

“Huh?

“Can you please re-work the structure of the words here so I can understand what you mean ???”

…………………………

I am merely repeating what I believe I heard in the 16 minutes of the opening post’s video which I listened to. I don’t believe the WT Society has ever made such a statement! If they did, they are wrong!

It is clearly known by any who investigate that the Roman Church (under the authority of the Roman Emperor) first officially established the doctrine that Jesus is equally God with the Father in 325 A.D. Furthermore, the doctrine that God is three equal persons was first officially established by the Roman Emperor (and the Roman Church) in The Council [of Constantinople] of 381. This is nowhere near the eighth century!

……………………..

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Tigger,

Thank you clarifying the second part of your post for me.

I’m not interested in your ‘a god’ interpretation of John 1:1, but
    I would be willing to discuss why “The Word” in John 1:1 is not Jesus.
    However, your view on “the trinity” would be something that interests me.

Yes I have often felt that posting on forums may be a waste of valuable time.
    However, if even one person is helped I believe that my efforts are not in vain.

I’m praying that JEHOVAH will bring someone into my life that will help me
    get started in doing you-tube videos. Then the “Proof of God” that I have
    discovered can brought to the public in a much more expeditious manor.

I will be praying for your health, and will be
    looking forward to meeting you in the resurrection!

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Tigger,

I have spent a great deal of my time helping individuals,
    and in looking back I believe that my efforts were not in vain.
    I have been a beacon in the life of many, bringing God’s purposes.

“And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father;
    to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.” (Rev 1:6)

kerwin
    Participant

Ed and Tigger,

David L quoted this video by posting it. He posted it because he wants to teach the Trinitarian without having people wholes in such an obviously flawed teaching. He does not stick around to defend it.

The video is nonsense or it would know that the Messiah is not God but rather a human being.

The Trinitarians do not truly believe Jesus is the Messiah because there Jesus is not a human being.

I do not non need a video to make the point that the Messiah is a human being and if you do not believe Jesus is a human then you do not believe is the Jesus Christ written of in Scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Have you done any Utube teachings yet?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Have you done any Utube teachings yet?

Hi Nick,

Not yet, but I’m almost ready to give a replete presentation.
    Have any suggestions as to who may help me in this endeavor?

…I really do have “Proof of God”!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

But you seem to have important gaps in your knowledge.

God is One

One Spirit.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account