Why is his name jesus?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 169 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 02 2009,13:14)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 02 2009,12:19)
    Hi BD,
    God knows those who are his but your presumptions about your leader, his inspiration and his book are beyond the support of the sacred scriptures.
    So play games if you must but we are not fooling about.

I declared it is true by The Power and Authority of The HOLY SPIRIT that GABRIEL The Holy Angel that stands in the presence of God and delivered to Mary the news of Jesus Christ is the same GABRIEL who recited the Quran to Muhammad The Prophet of God.

Sura #2 سورة البقرة

97  Say (O Muhammad, to mankind): Who is an enemy to Gabriel! For he it is who hath revealed (this Scripture) to thy heart by Allah's leave, confirming that which was (revealed) before it, and a guidance and glad tidings to believers;  

98  Who is an enemy to Allah, and His angels and His messengers, and Gabriel and Michael! Then, lo! Allah (Himself) is an enemy to the disbelievers.  

99  Verily We have revealed unto thee clear tokens, and only miscreants will disbelieve in them.

anathema- The Hebrew word was used in verses such as Leviticus 27:28 to refer to things offered to God, and hence 'off limits' to common (non-religious) use.

You need to understand original usages before you grasp just anything up for instance you use the word as meaning accursed, are you applying this to The Holy Spirit that I have declared over and over again. Be careful Nick Satan will leave you in a lurch after you curse The Holy Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    The Spirit of God is available to those in the Body of Christ.
    Other spirits abound and men are easily duped.

Christian Biker
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 01 2009,18:00)
    Hi CB,
    God was and is in Christ.
    When he returns God will return in him as they are forever one in the Spirit.

But God was not in God.
    That is what trinity theory tells us .

3 in one makes 4

There is hope for you yet Nick! You are a Trinitarian and you don’t even know it!
    Yes Nick “they are forever one in the Spirit” the Father and the Son are one in the Holy Spirit, that is the trinity.
    That is the Godhead of the body of Christ and those of us who are saved are one with Christ in the Spirit making up the body.
    Oh also; I am sure Thinker, myself, and some others here will be willing to pitch in and buy you a calculator. I know it is very complicated math adding three ones together.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Why do you elevate the teachings of men over those of Jesus Christ when they will not judge you later but he will?

The trinity theory divides God from His own Spirit and makes God's own Spirit another person?

Your godhead idea makes Jesus his own God but not those who are joined with him?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    You say.
    “Yes Nick “they are forever one in the Spirit” the Father and the Son are one in the Holy Spirit, that is the trinity.”

So by forever you mean retrospectively as well?
    So Jesus never was truly the Son of God though he said he is, and he was never anointed with God's spirit but forever possessed it?

Then what of Acts 10 .38?

“That is the Godhead of the body of Christ and those of us who are saved are one with Christ in the Spirit making up the body.”

You claim this so called godhead is the god we should worship against the advice of Jesus in Jn4?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    In Joel 2 God speaks of pouring out His Spirit.
    Does this mean one person in your trinity pours out another?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 06 2009,07:08)
    Hi CB,
    In Joel 2 God speaks of pouring out His Spirit.
    Does this mean one person in your trinity pours out another?

Yeah. I have no problem with it.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    I expected not but a thinker would make sure all verses can align.

Was God anointed by God with God?[acts 10.38]

Christian Biker
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Either you are a Trinitarian or you lied when you said “they are forever one in the Spirit”.

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
    Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Great stuff in the book of Acts; I see nothing in 10:38 that contradicts the Trinity.
    What is it in John 4 that you are having trouble understanding?
    Nick Hassan lovest thou me?

Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
    Joe 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

hi CB,
    No from the moment God filled him with His Spirit at the Jordan and he began his ministry he is one in the Spirit with his God. God is faithful and that spirit abided in him and raised him again to life with all the others like Isaac and Jacob and Elijah, alive forever in the eternal Spirit of God. That is our hope too, one in Christ and in his God by that eternal Spirit of life.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

CB……….Why did Jesus say (HE) could do nothing of HIMSELF if He was GOD almighty. Ask yourself why would the fullness (DWELL) in him if He were GOD, it would (BE) him. You are doing exactly what Trinitarians do taking things out of context and confusing one scripture with another, The doctrine of the Trinity comes from deluded minds and is not a sound teaching, it is the (SUM) of GOD'S word that is truth, not parts taken out of context. There are hundreds of scriptures that contradict what you have posted. IMO

peace and love……………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 10 2009,04:53)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 10 2009,09:46)
    Hi TT,
    Why would you think Jesus was his Father God YHWH because of his name YAHSHUA?

Who do you think ELI-JAH is then?

Nick,
    The name “Jesus” means “Jehovah saves.” It is NOT the Father's name. The name belongs to Christ ALONE! I challenge you to disprove this.

thinker

Jesus is the Greek form of Joshua.

Colossians 4:11(NIV) reads

Jesus, who is called Justus, also sends greetings. These are the only Jews among my fellow workers for the kingdom of God, and they have proved a comfort to me.

From what I have heard it is a common Jewish name. You have to remember names actually has meanings and translating those meaning to other languages seems to have been a common practice thus Cephas and Peter are really the same name rendered in two different languages.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 08 2009,18:38)

Quote (thethinker @ July 10 2009,04:53)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 10 2009,09:46)
    Hi TT,
    Why would you think Jesus was his Father God YHWH because of his name YAHSHUA?

Who do you think ELI-JAH is then?

Nick,
    The name “Jesus” means “Jehovah saves.” It is NOT the Father's name. The name belongs to Christ ALONE! I challenge you to disprove this.

thinker

Jesus is the Greek form of Joshua.

Colossians 4:11(NIV) reads

Jesus, who is called Justus, also sends greetings. These are the only Jews among my fellow workers for the kingdom of God, and they have proved a comfort to me.

From what I have heard it is a common Jewish name. You have to remember names actually has meanings and translating those meaning to other languages seems to have been a common practice thus Cephas and Peter are really the same name rendered in two different languages.

Joshua could not give them rest (Hebrews 4). Jesus did.

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker………..Joshua, was not building a Spiritual House , but a Physical one. The rest will start when Jesus returns , “FOR THERE REMAINS A KEEPING OF THE SABBATH FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD”, that takes place in Millennial reign of Christ. IMO

peace and love…………………gene

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Aug. 10 2009,02:07)
    Thinker………..Joshua, was not building a Spiritual House , but a Physical one. The rest will start when Jesus returns , “FOR THERE REMAINS A KEEPING OF THE SABBATH FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD”, that takes place in Millennial reign of Christ. IMO

Gene With that I agree. There is no real rest yet. We still sin and when Christ will return only the truth will be taught.

Peace and Love Irene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Exactly! This is why we can't say that Joshua was on the same level with Jesus. Btw, you said that Jesus is building the house. Hebrews says that the one who builds the house is “counted worthy” of EQUAL glory with God.

For this One has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as He who built the house has more honor than the house. 4 For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Aug. 10 2009,02:22)

Gene With that I agree.  There is no real rest yet.  We still sin and when Christ will return only the truth will be taught.  

Peace and Love Irene

Irene,
    Seems like you haven't cast off all Catholic beliefs after all. We have entered into His rest. We are saved NOW.

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Aug. 10 2009,06:48)

Quote (Cindy @ Aug. 10 2009,02:22)

Gene With that I agree.  There is no real rest yet.  We still sin and when Christ will return only the truth will be taught.  

Peace and Love Irene

Irene,
    Seems like you haven't cast off all Catholic beliefs after all. We have entered into His rest. We are saved NOW.

thinker

Only those who endure to the end “shall” be saved

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Aug. 10 2009,01:46)

Exactly! This is why we can't say that Joshua was on the same level with Jesus. Btw, you said that Jesus is building the house. Hebrews says that the one who builds the house is “counted worthy” of EQUAL glory with God.

For this One has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as He who built the house has more honor than the house. 4 For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God.

thinker

That is not the argument that you made in the initial post of this thread.  If I understand it correctly then you were claiming that the actual first name was special.  I then countered by pointing out that his first name was rather common.

I certainly agree that Jesus is superior to Joshua even though they have the same first names if they were translated to the same language.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Aug. 10 2009,06:46)

thinker

Thinker……….Where does it say (EQUAL) in Glory in the text. It say He was counted as having (MORE) glory the the servant (Moses) was. Jesus built the house BY the Power of the ROCK. Which is the FATHERS POWER to get inside our minds and reaveal truth, thats the power that builds the HOUSE Of GOD and Jesus does not have that power, only the FATHER does. BUT THE BUILDER OF ALL THING (INCLUDING JESUS) IS GOD.

peace and love……………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 169 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account