Why is his name jesus?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 169 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 01 2009,10:11)
    Hi BD,
    You perhaps have a language problem?
    Jesus is the Son of God.
    Kiss the Son.

Psalm 2:11-12 (Young's Literal Translation)

11Serve ye Jehovah with fear, And rejoice with trembling.

12Kiss the Chosen One, lest He be angry, And ye lose the way, When His anger burneth but a little, O the happiness of all trusting in Him!

D) Jewish View on Psalm 2:12

Psalm 2:12 is unfortunately also misquoted by some Christian Bibles to say “kiss the son, let he be angry. . .”However, the correct translation is “Yearn for purity lest He become wrathful and your way be doomed. . “The Hebrew word used in Psalm 2:12 is “bar” (bet-raish). That does not mean son in Hebrew. It means son only in Aramaic but the scriptures were written in Hebrew. The Hebrew word for my son is “beni” (bet-nun-yud).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Even the carnal Jews like the woman in Jn 4, knew of the coming Messiah.
    Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    The YLT is a more accurate translation of the KJV manuscripts but those manuscripts are not the oldest but the most common.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 01 2009,17:24)
    Hi BD,
    The YLT is a more accurate translation of the KJV manuscripts but those manuscripts are not the oldest but the most common.

Okay

Christian Biker
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 01 2009,05:30)
    Moses was called the saviour to and so was every other messenger sent to redeem God's people.

Obadiah 1 (King James Version)

21 And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD's.

Nehemiah 9
    27 Therefore thou deliveredst them into the hand of their enemies, who vexed them: and in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and according to thy manifold mercies thou gavest them saviours, who saved them out of the hand of their enemies.

Jesus was not the only Saviour, God is the only Saviour but if God is saving through a lifeguard the life guard is also the saviour for it is the Arm of the Lord God

The word saviour is found 37 times in the KJV
    29 occurrences of the word “Saviour” are denoted with an uppercase (S). These occurrences refer to God, acts of God, and/or spiritual salvation for the whole world
    8 occurrences of the word “saviour” are denoted with a lowercase (s). These occurrences refer to a man being used by God to perform acts of salvation from a specific physical thing,
    The word saviours is found twice in the KJV, both times with a lowercase “s”. and both times refering to saving from a specific physical thing.

Neh 9:27 Therefore thou deliveredst them into the hand of their enemies, who vexed them: and in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and according to thy manifold mercies thou gavest them saviours, (who saved them out of the hand of their enemies.)

Oba 1:20 And the captivity of this host of the children of Israel shall possess that of the Canaanites, even unto Zarephath; and the captivity of Jerusalem, which is in Sepharad, shall possess the cities of the south.
    Oba 1:21 And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD'S.

When viewed with verse 20, verse 21 clearly refers to reclaiming real-estate

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    God was and is in Christ.
    When he returns God will return in him as they are forever one in the Spirit.

But God was not in God.
    That is what trinity theory tells us .

3 in one makes 4

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

Moses was called the saviour to and so was every other messenger sent to redeem God's people.

Apparently you have not seen the “glory of the builder” thread. Jesus is “counted worthy” of far more glory than Moses.

3 For this One has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as He who built the house has more honor than the house. 4 For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God. 5 And Moses indeed was faithful in all His house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which would be spoken afterward, 6 but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.

Jesus is “counted worthy” of the glory of the builder. The builder is God. Therefore, Jesus is counted worthy of glory equal to God.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    The wisdom of God does not need your logic added.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Aug. 01 2009,19:43)
    bodhitharta said:

Apparently you have not seen the “glory of the builder” thread. Jesus is “counted worthy” of far more glory than Moses.

3 For this One has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as He who built the house has more honor than the house. 4 For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God. 5 And Moses indeed was faithful in all His house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which would be spoken afterward, 6 but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.

Jesus is “counted worthy” of the glory of the builder. The builder is God. Therefore, Jesus is counted worthy of glory equal to God.

thinker

Thinker ………Where did you ever get this from. Has the teaching of the trinity so deluded you that you now don't realize that Jesus is subservience to GOD the FATHER. That Jesus said (NOT) MY WILL (BUT) THY WILL BE DONE. You are teaching full blown (IDOLATRY) Brother, cease before the FATHER and JESUS deal with you folly.

I love you man but you are way of track here.

Peace and love and Mercy to you brother………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

BD………Islam has been a religion of terror , they treat there women like animals and Have Kill countless innocent People in the name of there GOD, But i will give You that “Christianity has done the same thing. We are told to come out of them both in my opinion and Be a new creation (NOT ISLAM, NOT CHRISTAN) But a new creation in GOD where there is no denominations to worry about. Jesus did not advance anyones religion, He advances that all should believe and serve the (ONE and ONLY TRUE GOD) that Father of all mankind, both Jew and Gentile, We are all walking in HIS World eating HIS FOOD and wearing what HE provides and breathing HIS air. Praise and honor and glory the ONE GOD and exult HIm above all things and serve Him with all our hearts and minds and soul. Give Glory to who Jesus gave glory to. And we will all find Peace for our souls and with our God and with our Fellow man. IMO

love and peace to you and yours……………………..gene

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Aug. 02 2009,03:34)
    BD………Islam has been a religion of terror , they treat there women like animals and Have Kill countless innocent People in the name of there GOD, But i will give You that “Christianity has done the same thing. We are told to come out of them both in my opinion and Be a new creation (NOT ISLAM, NOT CHRISTAN) But a new creation in GOD where there is no denominations to worry about. Jesus did not advance anyones religion, He advances that all should believe and serve the (ONE and ONLY TRUE GOD) that Father of all mankind, both Jew and Gentile, We are all walking in HIS World eating HIS FOOD and wearing what HE provides and breathing HIS air. Praise and honor and glory the ONE GOD and exult HIm above all things and serve Him with all our hearts and minds and soul. Give Glory to who Jesus gave glory to. And we will all find Peace for our souls and with our God and with our Fellow man. IMO

love and peace to you and yours……………………..gene

I am in complete agreement with you but what you don't understand is your position is a Quranic position just like mine. Just because the word “Islam” conjures up negative images for you that doesn't mean that is what Islam is because it simply means Peace just like Shalom or JeruSALEM A Muslim submits to GOD alone in Peace and the Quran has none of these bizare rules for women that some arab countries have there is a big difference between culture and religion and sometimes people see someones culture as being tied to their religion but the fact is in Islam all believers are equal in belief and none are greater. I have said numerous times that I worship the God Jesus worships and I love all of the servants of God equally because as a whole they are One Servant. No religion is a religion of terror because true religion is being obedient to God. The Quran says that there should be no division in religion and there are no “gods” there is only GOD, Who's food we eat, air we breathe, and provisions we utilize. That is a very Quranic statement you made.

(2) Who made the earth a resting place for you and the heaven a canopy and (Who) sends down rain from the cloud then brings forth with it subsistence for you of the fruits; therefore do not set up rivals to Allah while you know.
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #22)

(6) Surely your lord is allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in six periods of time, and He is firm in power; He throws the veil of night over the day, which it pursues incessantly; and (He created) the sun and the moon and the stars, made subservient by His command; surely His is the creation and the command; blessed is allah, the lord of the worlds.
    ( سورة الأعراف , Al-Araf, Chapter #7, Verse #54)

(14) allah is He Who made the earth a resting-place for you and the heaven a canopy, and He formed you, then made goodly your forms, and He provided you with goodly things; that is allah, your lord; blessed then is allah, the lord of the worlds.
    ( سورة غافر , Ghafir, Chapter #40, Verse #64)

70 O followers of the Book! Why do you disbelieve in the communications of Allah while you witness (them)?
    71 O followers of the Book! Why do you confound the truth with the falsehood and hide the truth while you know?
    72 And a party of the followers of the Book say: Avow belief in that which has been revealed to those who believe, in the first part of the day, and disbelieve at the end of it, perhaps they go back on their religion.
    73 And do not believe but in him who follows your religion. Say: Surely the (true) guidance is the guidance of Allah– that one may be given (by Him) the like of what you were given; or they would contend with you by an argument before your Lord. Say: Surely grace is in the hand of Allah, He gives it to whom He pleases; and Allah is Ample-giving, Knowing.
    74 He specially chooses for His mercy whom He pleases; and Allah is the Lord of mighty grace.
    Sura #3

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Is it not a pity that such philosophy can save nobody?
    Why would you prefer them to sacred scripture?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 02 2009,06:53)
    Hi BD,
    Is it not a pity that such philosophy can save nobody?
    Why would you prefer them to sacred scripture?

It is sacred scripture your lack of knowledge does not invalidate it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Then please do not abuse sacred scripture by offering man's words as equivalent.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 02 2009,11:03)
    Hi BD,
    Then please do not abuse sacred scripture by offering man's words as equivalent.

The Quran was sent down by God ALMIGHTY via The HOLY ANGEL Gabriel I declare this by The HOLY SPIRIT.

Now all you have to do is deny it is the truth and declare it by the HOLY SPIRIT and then let us agree that may the curse of God be placed upon the one in the wrong, okay?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    So you say but carnal men are so easily deceived by falsehood.
    You can escape the wrath of God just as any man can.

But attempting to put curses on others may bring coals on your own head.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 02 2009,11:32)
    Hi BD,
    So you say but carnal men are so easily deceived by falsehood.
    You can escape the wrath of God just as any man can.

But attempting to put curses on others may bring coals on your own head.

Let God be a witness between me and you.; I don't want to put a curse on anyone that is why I said whosoever is wrong let the curse of God be upon them, Because I declared in truth by the HOLY SPIRIT the only harm would have come upon me if me declaration was wrong but the fact is, I am right so I can make the statement because God knows I am not lying.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    God knows those who are his but your presumptions about your leader, his inspiration and his book are beyond the support of the sacred scriptures.
    So play games if you must but we are not fooling about.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 02 2009,12:19)
    Hi BD,
    God knows those who are his but your presumptions about your leader, his inspiration and his book are beyond the support of the sacred scriptures.
    So play games if you must but we are not fooling about.

I declared it is true by The Power and Authority of The HOLY SPIRIT that GABRIEL The Holy Angel that stands in the presence of God and delivered to Mary the news of Jesus Christ is the same GABRIEL who recited the Quran to Muhammad The Prophet of God.

Sura #2 سورة البقرة

97 Say (O Muhammad, to mankind): Who is an enemy to Gabriel! For he it is who hath revealed (this Scripture) to thy heart by Allah's leave, confirming that which was (revealed) before it, and a guidance and glad tidings to believers;

98 Who is an enemy to Allah, and His angels and His messengers, and Gabriel and Michael! Then, lo! Allah (Himself) is an enemy to the disbelievers.

99 Verily We have revealed unto thee clear tokens, and only miscreants will disbelieve in them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    So you say.
    Many agree with you.
    But the new gospel is anathema.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 169 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account