Why all Catholics are not 'Roman Catholic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

BTW, t8

Dying and rising does not make anyone anything other than someone raised from the dead, is Lazarus also Christ?”

Proclaimer
    Participant

We condemn the Quran because it teaches that God doesn't have a son. Jesus is the son of God. That is our faith.

I am not sure that you should be allowed to post in this area. This is for believers, not those who do not believe.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 05 2009,11:23)
    BTW, t8

Dying and rising does not make anyone anything other than someone raised from the dead, is Lazarus also Christ?”

Lazarus death and rising again was a demonstration of who Jesus is because only a man from God can do such things.

Jesus death is also different in that the reason he died was for our sins. We die because of our own sin or inherited sin.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Oct. 05 2009,11:24)
    We condemn the Quran because it teaches that God doesn't have a son. Jesus is the son of God. That is our faith.

I am not sure that you should be allowed to post in this area. This is for believers, not those who do not believe.

You simply don't understand and I am as much Christian as you are so why should you suppress my posts in TRUTH or TRADITION when that is exactly the nature of my posts.

Do you not understand that Jesus is the Son of God not by physicality but by relationship? God has called many sons, including the angels but really do you think God has an actual son like an actual man or do you understand that God created Jesus and did not procreate to make Jesus. God did not have an intimate relationship with Mary, God is far beyond that he created Jesus with a word just like everything else.

God literally spoke Jesus into existence and because he was created with The Word of God that is why he is called the Son of God. With Adam he breathed life into him and Adam became a living Soul but Jesus was the only Per-Son to be-GOT by a word and that Word was BE and he was BE-GOTTEN.

So don't judge so quick, embrace others and admire knowledge as the knowledge of God is better than sacrifice my brother.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Oct. 05 2009,11:26)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 05 2009,11:23)
    BTW, t8

Lazarus death and rising again was a demonstration of who Jesus is because only a man from God can do such things.

Jesus death is also different in that the reason he died was for our sins. We die because of our own sin or inherited sin.

Of course he was from God. Elijah, Elisha and others also raised people from the dead, they were also from God….some also multiplied food and did many of the same Miracles that Jesus did.

Jesus came so that you might believe in God not so that you may believe that Jesus is God.

bodhitharta
    Participant

The Word of God is a Spirit that proceeds from God.

(1) O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not “Trinity” : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.
    ( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #171)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8……..i believe BD believes Jesus was indeed the (UNIQUELY) begotten Son of GOD. AS we also believe, I am not sure he believes He died for our sin or Not and was the First born to eternal life from the Grave. I do believe He has a faith in Jesus though, He calls himself a Christian. Remember those who speak for us are not against us,  PS and please don think i am a Muslim, I am not. I believe Jesus came and died for the sins for the whole world , not ours only, All mankind on the whole face of the whole earth.  IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………….gene

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Oct. 05 2009,11:48)
    T8……..i believe BD believes Jesus was indeed the (UNIQUELY) begotten Son of GOD. AS we also believe, I am not sure he believes He died for our sin or Not and was the First born to eternal life from the Grave. I do believe He has a faith in Jesus though, He calls himself a Christian. Remember those who speak for us are not against us,  PS and please don think i am a Muslim, I am not. I believe Jesus came and died for the sins for the whole world , not ours only, All mankind on the whole face of the whole earth.  IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………….gene

Thanks for the comment and you are correct, Also to me it's not a matter whether Jesus died for the sins of the world but the fact that God says Mercy is better than Sacrifice therefore if God says He prefers Mercy over Sacrifice that teaches me that God had Mercy and saved Jesus from Sacrifice.

This is the word of God:

Hosea 6: (King James Version)

5 Therefore have I hewed them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and thy judgments are as the light that goeth forth.

6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Matthew 12 (King James Version)

6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

Now notice it says I WILL have Mercy.

1 Samuel 15:21-23 (King James Version)

22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

God also says in another verse that he didn't ask for sacrifice at all, He wanted obedience and when disobedient he wanted repentence and the only sacrifice is the sacrifice of thanksgiving as in Jonah:

Jonah 2:8-10 (King James Version)

8 They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.

9 But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.

No mention of blood there.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Love covers many sins.
    But the way of Jesus is of God.

You are deeply deceived.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 05 2009,12:22)
    Hi BD,
    Love covers many sins.
    But the way of Jesus is of God.

You are deeply deceived.

Of course the way of Jesus is of God, have I said anything differently than that?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BDS,
    Repent and be baptised in the name of Jesus ,,, and you will receive the Holy Spirit.
    Is this what you teach?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 05 2009,12:55)
    Hi BDS,
    Repent and be baptised in the name of Jesus ,,, and you will receive the Holy Spirit.
    Is this what you teach?

I already told you:

John 3:6-8 (King James Version)

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

So by repenting one receives the Holy Spirit according to the will of God if you had to be baptized in the name of Jesus to receive the Holy Spirit then Jesus would not have received the Holy Spirit when he was baptized himself by John the Baptist.

But yes someone certainly will receive the Holy Spirit being baptized in Jesus name but just remember they are repenting from evil and turning not to Jesus but to God for their sins are against God and not Jesus.

It is not the issue of what name you are being baptized under but what Nature you are being baptized by, that is why it was said be baptized in the Name of Jesus because it means to be baptized into the Nature of Jesus.

In those days your nature was represented by your Name. Hence to be baptized in the name of Jesus would be to be baptized in the nature of God's salvation for the meaning of the name of Jesus is God Saves and his nature was of the anointed man who brings salvation through reconciliation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Rather than quoting it and knowing about it all need to repent and be baptised in the name of Jesus.

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 04 2009,12:01)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 04 2009,11:42)
    Hi BD,
    Catholicism and Islam have been bitter enemies since the early days.
    Both are human political religions and neither has any connection with God.

No Nick,

CA is right, Catholicism just like other Christian groups have been split and the Christian Church he belongs to depended on Islam for survival.

I have been researching his church's history.

BD,

You have no clue which of the 22 Catholic churches I belong to.

I haven't said here.

CA

Quote (t8 @ Oct. 04 2009,14:31)
    Descriptions that fit include:

• City of 7 hills. Rome of course is not the only city with 7 hills, but the description fits.
  • Worship of mother and child.
  • Queen of Heaven
  • Constantine was the Roman Emperor and the Babylon is symbolised as a prostitute woman riding on the beast. The beast was Rome or at least one of the heads of the beast.  
  • December the 31st and Easter were important pagan celebrations. They are now considered part of Christendom. Jesus is said to be born on the 31st. That makes it seem like Jesus is a new version of an old pagan messiah.
  • The idea of a Pope, and all the ceremony around him is similar to the Roman Empire. A guy at the top, golden cups, making the whole world drunk on her wine, etc.
  • Is called the mother of harlots and it is known that the Catholic Church is the mother of denominations. They split rebelled against her but held onto her foundation creed, hence by definition they are still catholic in belief if they hold that creed, but not catholic in practice.
  • The mentioned foundational creed is the Trinity doctrine, which also Babylon had a belief in. Although their Trinity was different, it doesn't take a big imagination to see that putting a Christian face on a pagan heart will change things somewhat.

• Your bias is blinding your judgment. I dealt with this in the thread on Mystery Babylon. Go read the first post.

The city has seven mountains…not hills. (Go read your Bible) Jerusalem is built on seven mountains.

Vatican hill is NOT one of the seven hills of Rome.

You're all washed up.

We don't worship the mother, just the child.

Queen of Heaven – Go learn about the Jewish Gebirah

By the most reliable accounts, Constantine died an Arian – in YOUR camp…no ours.

We destroyed paganism. We sanctified cultural holidays after having rid them of filth, used them as teaching tools and celebrations of the gospel.

You prove you don't know what we believe about the pope or his office established by Christ.

All washed up again.

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 05 2009,07:56)

Quote (Gene @ Oct. 05 2009,04:20)
    T8………..MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. And I saw the women drunk with the blood of the saints and of the martyrs of Jesus . Next we see being disclosed (TWO) things The mystery of the women and the BEAST the (CARRIES) HER. which has the seven heads and ten horns. The women and the Beast that carries Her are not the same thing. The beast is the Kingdom or empire and the Women is the False Church that was being carried by that power. It also say that she was drunk with the blood of the Saints, The Catholic Church and her daughters the Protestant Churches have persecuted and killed many Saints. The Beast that carries Her was the Roman Empire and later expanded to other kingdoms and nations of the world. Remember it says the martyrs  of Jesus were found in Her , the martyrs of Jesus were the Romans. So this could easily connect the Roman Empire with this  Whore Church who rides the Beast (Roman Empire).

The prophesy also seems to include the time of the millennium reign of Christ also . John was transported to the (DAY OF THE LORD) Notice  where it says in Rev 17:10, And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come, and when he comes he must continue a short space. (at the end of the Millennial reign of Christ this kingdom will appear for a short time and be destroyed by GOD the FATHER Himself by Fire. Those who turn away from Jesus and the Saints and set up there own religions and the beast( Kingdoms of the world) will hate her and burn Her with fire. Because GOD has put in their hearts to fulfill his will .  I believe the Prophesy spans from the time of John to the every end of the Millennial Reign of Christ.  All this is Just MY Opinion and nothing more.

gene

Rome was killing Christians and now Rome is the Head Quarters of the Pope that would seem to say that the Church conquered Rome.

Please understand I'm not defending the Church per se, I am examining the issue without bias.

Foe instance in Revelations it doesn't say this beast or harlot is a Church.

Even a Muslim has more objectivity than t8?

:O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    So who is this mediatrix of all graces you pray to?
    What of the mother of your god you pray to?

Quote (t8 @ Oct. 05 2009,11:24)

You condemn the Quran firstly because of what it teaches? You can't just condemn it based upon its shoddy historical merits and revisionist history?

What are the grounds on which you ripped 7 books out of the Bible?

What are the grounds on which you persist in rejecting the only verifiable Church Jesus founded?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    You accusations are lame if you represent catholicism which is a church in her sight only.
    Steeped in rebellion and mocking God in her rejection of His teachings in favour of her own.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 05 2009,13:55)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 04 2009,12:01)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 04 2009,11:42)
    Hi BD,
    Catholicism and Islam have been bitter enemies since the early days.
    Both are human political religions and neither has any connection with God.

No Nick,

CA is right, Catholicism just like other Christian groups have been split and the Christian Church he belongs to depended on Islam for survival.

I have been researching his church's history.

BD,

You have no clue which of the 22 Catholic churches I belong to.

I haven't said here.

CA

I thought you said The Patrriarch of Antioch was the head

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account