Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,921 through 1,940 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 08 2008,16:58)
    Hi not3,
    lighten up

:;):

It's been a difficult weekend. I'll take your advice and look towards a new week….

Thanks,
    Mandy

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mandy…..remember we enter in through much tribulation, stay faithful as your are and it will all end up all right, we are all growing and sometimes growing is painful, but the end is peace. Your post are alway intelligent and carry good meanings and thoughts with them.
    If your tired, just rest .

Love to you and yours Mandy………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Not3in1……..”O” Mandy, you would be on my list also. :)

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 09 2008,04:25)
    Not3in1……..”O” Mandy, you would be on my list also.  :)

Thanks for the generosity, bro. Not all here would include me, I know!

:;):

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Mandy,
    I'd put you on my “list” if it were up to me but I am not the one in charge of that. I'd put everyone here on my list in fact.
    Hang in there,
    Kathi

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 09 2008,13:00)
    Hi Mandy,
    I'd put you on my “list” if it were up to me but I am not the one in charge of that.  I'd put everyone here on my list in fact.
    Hang in there,
    Kathi

But it IS up to you!

In fact, you have already determined who is on that list and who is not. You have made it very clear that you and I do not belong to the same family of God.

I'm curious, does that mean that only you are led by the Spirit and I am not? How do you know for sure?

Thanks,
    Mandy

Lightenup
    Participant

Mandy,
    Please stop this, it does not edify.

Tiffany
    Participant

Please Sisters, God send His Son into the World for all of us, and all have fallen short of the glory of God.
    He loves all of us. And I love both of you, Kathi is right thinking on those lines, does not edify.
    IMO we all on this Website have to start loving each other more, life is hard enough as it is, and Satan tries His best to put a rift between all of us. He has only a short time left, love is the answer.
    Peace and Love Irene

david
    Participant

“Jehovah himself produced me as the beginning of his way, the earliest of his achievements of long ago….Before the mountains themselves had been settled down, ahead of the hills, I was brought forth as with labor pains…When he prepared the heavens I was there; …then I came to be beside him as a master worker, and I cam to be the one he was specially fond of day by day, I being glad before him all the time,…and the things I was found of were with the sons of men.”
    (Prov 8:22-31)

The Wisdom that is here described was “produced,” or created, as the beginning of Jehovah’s way.

But, Jehovah God has always existed and has always been wise. (Ps 90:1,2)
    His wisdom had no beginning; it was neither created nor produced.
    What does this suggest?

It was “brought forth as with labor pains.”
    What does that suggest?

Furthermore, this wisdom is said to speak and act, representing a person. (Prov 8:1)
    What does that suggest?

Elsewhere in scripture, Jesus is described as being “the power of God and the wisdom of God,” and also the “wisdom from God.” (1 cor 1:24,30)

Being that Jesus is “wisdom from God” and being that the Bible also says he is “the firstborn over all creation” and that “Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made,” it is possible that besides describing wisdom, this scripture is simultaneously describing the Messiah. (Col 1:15; John 1:3; NIV)

david
    Participant

We cannot even agree on the smallest thing.

We can take one scripture and have 6 different interpretations! Yet we all claim to the the “Spirit”….for me this is the true tell-all.

Exactly. The spirit is not divided. God's people are not divided, some thinking he's a trinity, others thinking he's not. Some thinking he burns people, others thinking he doesn't.

If God had a people, would they not be united in worship of him?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 10 2008,18:26)

We cannot even agree on the smallest thing.

We can take one scripture and have 6 different interpretations!  Yet we all claim to the the “Spirit”….for me this is the true tell-all.

Exactly.  The spirit is not divided.  God's people are not divided, some thinking he's a trinity, others thinking he's not.  Some thinking he burns people, others thinking he doesn't.  

If God had a people, would they not be united in worship of him?

David,

Even within the JW church there are splinter believers. Not all is unity there either.

My question still remains regardless if it is a sensitive one to those who have firm feelings about it: how can we tell who has the Spirit and who does not? Is it up to us to decide who is a part of the true body of Christ? Are we qualified?

I don't think so.

Division doesn't come from recognizing that we have a problem. Division is caused when folks feel that they can segregate God's children into “believers” and “non-believers”. OR in this case, those that have the Spirit and those that do not.

Thanks,
    Mandy

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

David……you are echoing what (ALL) organized religions say. But they are ALL different in doctrine and beliefs. So whose right then, is it the JW's, the Catholics, the Baptist, the Lutherans, the on and on and on and on, it goes to about a thousand or so. Or could it be NON of them are. I once belonged to the wwcg, and they thought all others were of Satan, except of course us, we were the (ONLY) TRUE CHURCH, does that sound familiar? God does have a people, but where does it say they belong to (ANY) of the organized religions of this world, or any of the ones mentioned. When ever a person Joins a group they feel safe and think there right because all the rest are of the same opinions and they draw comfort from that no matter what organization it is. In my organized religion exists for the sole purpose of those at the top, it affords them a above average living and in some cases an extravagant one. At the cost of the poor and is an abomination to GOD and Jesus and their word. The Idea of sending Money to them to do “GOD'S WORK” is a lie because only GOD can do His work and doesn't need mans money to do it. His work is a work of the Spirit not mammon or money. IMO

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Gene,
    You are absolutely right in saying man made churches and doctrines caused utter confusion among brothers and sisters.

Hi sisters Mandy, Kathi and Irene you are all you are all on my list that are led by the spirit of God.
    May God continue to lead us to know the truth from His scriptures.

Love to all
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

gollamudi………yes that the problem even here , But it is refreshing when i see some like you and Mandy and Jodi, Tim. chosenone, 946727, Irene, T8, Zthebrean, and others post some good and uplifting posts as you all have. I know right away Adam God was with you, because not everyone see what God Has shown you , That spiritual incite is immediately known by those who have the spirit.

Adam…..Check out (Finding Believers) web site when you get a chance.

love and peace to you and yours Adam…………..gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Thank you very much my brother Gene, for your encouraging words. I will certainly find the site “Finding believers”

Love and peace to you
    Adan

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 11 2008,06:55)
    David……you are echoing what (ALL) organized religions say. But they are ALL different in doctrine and beliefs. So whose right then, is it the JW's, the Catholics, the Baptist, the Lutherans, the on and on and on and on, it goes to about a thousand or so. Or could it be NON of them are. I once belonged to the wwcg, and they thought all others were of Satan, except of course us, we were the (ONLY) TRUE CHURCH, does that sound familiar? God does have a people, but where does it say they belong to (ANY) of the organized religions of this world, or any of the ones mentioned. When ever a person Joins a group they feel safe and think there right because all the rest are of the same opinions and they draw comfort from that no matter what organization it is. In my organized religion exists for the sole purpose of those at the top, it affords them a above average living and in some cases an extravagant one. At the cost of the poor and is an abomination to GOD and Jesus and their word. The Idea of sending Money to them to do “GOD'S WORK” is a lie because only GOD can do His work and doesn't need mans money to do it. His work is a work of the Spirit not mammon or money. IMO

Jesus is right. He is the truth.

All organisations of men that think they are right are wrong. Jesus is right and it is up to us to learn from him in humility.

Too many men are not humble and they proclaim the truth in their own name or the name of another man who they respect.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Trinitarians say that Jesus was both divine and human at the same time.

Scripture says that Jesus existed in the form of God or with God's nature, emptied himself and existed in the flesh or as a man.

It seems to say that Jesus a divine being emptied himself and became a human being and then humbled himself to the point of death.

On the other hand if we can partake of divine nature, then are we partaking of divine nature while we are also partaking of human nature?

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 11 2008,06:55)

Hi Gene.
    I read this post of yours with interest. I see that you once belonged to the WWCG. I find this quite a coincidence, because I too once belonged to the WWCG. You describe all organized religions quite correctly in my opinion. I would be pleased to hear more about your walk with God, as mine has been very interesting as well. Is there a means of communicating privately on this website? If so, it would be interesting to discuss our mutual interests.

God Bless, Jerry.

david
    Participant

David……you are echoing what (ALL) organized religions say. But they are ALL different in doctrine and beliefs. So whose right then, is it the JW's, the Catholics, the Baptist, the Lutherans, the on and on and on and on, it goes to about a thousand or so. Or could it be NON of them are.

Gene……you are echoing what (ALL) individuals who don't belong to religions say.  But they are ALL different in doctrine and beliefs. So whose right then, is it you, Nick, T8, and on and on and on and on, it goes to about several hundred million or so. Or could it be NON of them are.

Gene, obviously a fallacy in thinking.  Example:  Just because there are a lot of stupid people, doesn't mean they are all stupid, does it?
    Or, just because there were many religions existing when the first Christians existed, didn't mean all religions were wrong, did it?
    The truth is, whereas there is a huge variety (a thousand or so, as you say) of religions, there is an infinitely greater number of individuals with their very own set of beliefs.  Nick and T8, the two moderators on here, don't even agree on everything.

Or could it be NON of them are. I once belonged to the wwcg, and they thought all others were of Satan, except of course us, we were the (ONLY) TRUE CHURCH, does that sound familiar?

Gene, the WWCG or whatever doesn't sound familiar.  I had never heard of them until someone mentioned them on this site.  One would think that if they believed they had any sort of truth, they'd make a concerted effort to share it with the world, as Jesus instructed his followers to do. (Mat 28:19,20; Mat 24:14)  Yet, I don't remember ever having them trying to contact me with the good news.  People can claim whatever they like.  But if their actions don't match, who cares.

In my organized religion exists for the sole purpose of those at the top, it affords them a above average living and in some cases an extravagant one. At the cost of the poor and is an abomination to GOD and Jesus and their word.

Why would you ever belong to such a religion gene? To me, this is such an obvious sign of wrongness.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi David.
    A very good opinion, I can somewhat agree. So then, who can be saved? Is it just a lottery? Will God finally say…”Ah-ha, you, you, and you, come forward, you got it right, you're saved. The rest of you into the firey pit, and burn forever”? Surely God didn't give His Word in such a confused way that we all seem to have such a varied opinion of what He is saying? Surely a matter of such impotance would be clearly stated! Is our God doing this purposefully? Whats your opinion?

Eph.1.11 …God is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will. Is He trying to tell us something?

Blessings.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,921 through 1,940 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account