Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,441 through 2,460 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 04 2010,14:52)
    Hi KW,
    We are urged to be changed by God's Spirit of grace.
    Guess what.
    None will be perfect except in the eyes of their loving Father.

That is not what scripture declares.

1 John 3:6(KJV) reads:

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

You are thinking according to human effort and not according to the power of God which can accomplish anything except evil.

That is why John also teaches us:

1 John 3:8(KJV) reads:

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

I assure you that God is faithful and do as he promises if you believe he will and persevere in that faith.

Colosians 1:28(KJV) reads:

Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

So I assure you that our goal as students of Jesus is to be perfect as Jesus is perfect and we must have complete confidence that God will do as he promised.    

If we have such faith then it will be attributed to us as righteousness even strive to reach the goal to which we are called and which we will achieve for God is faithful.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 04 2010,20:51)

Hi KW,
    Guess what.

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

You are thinking according to human effort and not according to the power of God which can accomplish anything except evil.

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

I assure you that God is faithful and do as he promises if you believe he will and persevere in that faith.

Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

So I assure you that our goal as students of Jesus is to be perfect as Jesus is perfect and we must have complete confidence that God will do as he promised.    

If we have such faith then it will be attributed to us as righteousness even strive to reach the goal to which we are called and which we will achieve for God is faithful.

kERWIN……..Amen brother, It is GOD who (works) in us both to WILL and do of HIS good Pleasure.

peace and love to you and yours………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    You look in hope at the finished product but you will never see yourself as God sees you.
    If you are in Christ the robe of Christ's righteousness is over you.[Lk15. Zech3] while God's Spirit is at work in you to will and to do.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 04 2010,23:55)
    Hi KW,
    You look in hope at the finished product but you will never see yourself as God sees you.
    If you are in Christ the robe of Christ's righteousness is over you.[Lk15. Zech3] while God's Spirit is at work in you to will and to do.

God is not deceived by Jesus and Jesus does not deceive God.  The righteousness that comes through faith in Jesus the Anointed is a true righteousness that is like God's.  Satan is the deceiver.

What I do not understand is why you don't believe that God can make you truly righteous and that he will do it through your faith Jesus is the Promised One if you truly believe.  If I understood what obstacle or obstacles stood in your way I would strive to remove them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    The righteousness of Jesus is a robe.[Lk15]
    We cannot understand righteousness.[Jn16.10]

Be reborn of water and the Spirit and put it on.
    Once washed you will only need to dip your feet.[Jn13]

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

The righteousness of Jesus is a robe.

I am not sure where you obtained that information from Luke 15 but we are instructed to keep our clothes on and be prepared on that day.   Jesus also taught us to wash the inside of the dish that the outside may be clean.  We know a dish cleaned by the Son  is clean indeed and not just an illusion of cleanliness.

Nick Hassan wrote:

We cannot understand righteousness.

That is not what John 16:10 states nor do I believe that it is true.  Righteousness is loving yourself and others as God intends you to.   This is also an act of love to God as obedience is love to God.

Nick Hassan wrote:

Be reborn of water and the Spirit and put it on.

You write that but do you know what it means?  

What spirit is the old spirit that does not serve you since you need to be reborn?

What is wrong with the old spirit?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    No Jesus explained that no man can was the inside of his cup but only the outside.

The blood of Jesus washes us clean inwardly in response to our plea of water baptism[1Peter3]

Righteousness is a lot more than the love of man as the two greatest commandments show – it is fruit.

The old spirit is the spirit of man that all sons of Adam naturally have.

It leaves at death and we are truly dead if we are not by then reborn from above by God's Holy Spirit.

If you are reborn you are with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob, among the living; and the scripture in Rom 8.16 has meaning.

If we are reborn from above we are not even judged but have already passed over from death to life.[Jn5]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    The prodigal son is the rebellious but repentant gentile.
    Stinking in filth from the pigsty he was given the finest robe to be covered with, just like Joshua[zech3]

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 04 2010,20:51)

Hi KW,
    Guess what.

KW

YOU QUOTED 1 John3;61Jn 3:4 Everyone who sins breaks the law. In fact, breaking the law is sin.
    1Jn 3:5 But you know that Christ came to take our sins away. And there is no sin in him.
    1Jn 3:6 No one who remains joined to him keeps on sinning. No one who keeps on sinning has seen him or known him.
    1Jn 3:7 Dear children, don’t let anyone lead you down the wrong path. Those who do what is right are holy, just as Christ is holy.

it clearly shows that obedience is required of those in Christ
    it is the principal item after you have accepted Christ sacrifice

all things that are offered trough Christ are from God the father
    but we have to come to him and be obedient.this is our responsibility,GOD BRINGS US TO THE WATER THE ONLYTHING WE HAVE TO DO IS WILLING TO DRINK IT.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

Righteousness is a lot more than the love of man as the two greatest commandments show – it is fruit.

I am not disagreeing with you on this one but your view of the love of man seems alien to me if you believe you can love someone without also birthing the fruit of that love.  James teaches us faith without works is dead and I hold that the same is true of love without fruit.

Nick Hassan wrote:

The old spirit is the spirit of man that all sons of Adam naturally have.

I agree with you on this one.

Nick Hassan wrote:

It leaves at death and we are truly dead if we are not by then reborn from above by God's Holy Spirit.

I am fairly sure you are confusing the soul with the spirit because the earlier can also be called a spirit.

Nick Hassan wrote:

If you are reborn you are with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob, among the living; and the scripture in Rom 8.16 has meaning.

Close enough to what I believe.   I may actually believe the same but your words appear jumbled to me.

Nick Hassan wrote:

If we are reborn from above we are not even judged but have already passed over from death to life.[Jn5]

It depends on what you are trying to state here as the details can render the idea either true or false.   For instance we still must face Judgment Day but if we believe God it will credited to us as righteousness.

kerwin
    Participant

Terraricca,

Total obedience is required but you can acomplish that obedience through faith that Jesus is the King of Everything in heaven and on earth. If you believe that then you will believe that Jesus promises you that you will be righteous as God is righteousn and that God accomplish that goal for you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    No judgement day does not include those in Jesus.
    God does not judge His Son.

The Spirit of the living God gives eternal life to those who come to Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    All those in Christ must face the tribunal of Christ but not the last judgement-they have passed from death to life.
    The parable of the talents and Lk19 show this -a judgement of reward with some exceptions.

kerwin
    Participant

This is the scripture I was thinking of:

Daniel 12:2(KJV) reads:

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Indeed of the MANY that sleep in the dust some shall rise to eternal life and some to shame.
    This encompasses the resurrections.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2010,11:51)
    Hi KW,
    Indeed of the MANY that sleep in the dust some shall rise to eternal life and some to shame.
    This encompasses the resurrections.

It also covers their judgments as it is obvious they were not judged before they were resurected or they would have already recieved their judgements.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Some rise in the first to the tribunal of Christ and 1000 years later the rest are raised and some found to be sheep and some goats.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2010,12:59)
    Hi KW,
    Some rise in the first to the tribunal of Christ and 1000 years later the rest are raised and some found to be sheep and some goats.

I believe you are speaking of Revelations which is a book full of symbols. I have not studied it that much so I cannot say one way or another. I know in other scripture it apears that the gread mass of judgements happen on one day. Still a thousand years can be as a day to God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Revelation is truth and should not be studied carefully but not shied away from.
    Do you worry about judgement?

If you are in Jesus you will not be.
    But if you are found in the Mt25 white throne judgement you can only hope for mercy.
    It is of the world and only those who have helped the body of Christ are found as sheep there, much to their surprise.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 05 2010,16:27)
    Terraricca,

Total obedience is required but you can acomplish that obedience through faith that Jesus is the King of Everything in heaven and on earth.  If you believe that then you will believe that Jesus promises you that you will be righteous as God is righteousn and that God accomplish that goal for you.

KW

being called righteous in they eyes of God it is because we accomplish what God ask,and have faith in his word,and walk accordingly,this is our work to be done as per James
    Jas 1:2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,
    Jas 1:3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
    Jas 1:4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
    Jas 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
    Jas 1:6 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
    Jas 1:7 That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord;
    Jas 1:8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

Jas 1:19 My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
    Jas 1:20 for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.
    Jas 1:21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you

Jas 2:14 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?
    Jas 2:15 Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food.
    Jas 2:16 If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?
    Jas 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
    Jas 2:18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”
    Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.
    Jas 2:19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.
    Jas 2:20 You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless ?
    Jas 2:21 Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar?
    Jas 2:22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.
    Jas 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend.

Jas 2:24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone

is the above your views KW???

Viewing 20 posts - 2,441 through 2,460 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account