Who is the Father

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 519 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus came to bring us into relationship with God, his father.
    Somehow men get distracted by other things.
    This is the important matter.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I transferred this post to here.
    Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 01 2008,09:00)
    Quote (Not3in1 @ July 01 2008,08:46)
    Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,08:45)
    Hi not3,
    Jesus allowed God to inhabit his vessel.
    God visited His people in the vessel of Jesus

Literally? Like a medium lets a spirit take over their physical body to act and will?

Mandy

It seems that NH jumps around with his theology depending on the subject or the scripture being discussed. Kind of like the Democrats do.

NH believes the scripture that says “God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself”, yet he says that the Father never left heaven.

How does this make any sense?

WJ

Hi WJ,
    When did the Father leave heaven??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Can anyone show that God has ever left heaven?
    Jesus told us to pray to our Father in heaven.

Does a scripture like this one Eph3 tell us God is no longer in heaven because He can fill us?

14For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

15Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

16That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

17That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

18May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Or is it by His Spirit He does this?

Eph2
    16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,09:17)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 01 2008,09:00)

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 01 2008,08:46)

Hi not3,

Literally? Like a medium lets a spirit take over their physical body to act and will?

Mandy

It seems that NH jumps around with his theology depending on the subject or the scripture being discussed. Kind of like the Democrats do.

NH believes the scripture that says “God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself”, yet he says that the Father never left heaven. ???

How does this make any sense?

WJ

:)

Hi WJ,
    When did the Father leave heaven??

NH

LOL!!! :D :D :D

These are your words…

Hi not3,

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Sure.
    Immanuel-God with us-in Christ.
    God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself.[2Cor5]

Jn1
    9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    WJ has been unable to show God ever leaves heaven.
    Can anyone else show that He does?

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Heaven is His throne and earth is His foot stool. He fills everything I mean every one by His Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Can you show me a scripture that says all men are filled with God's Spirit?

gollamudi
    Participant

OH! sorry I meant all of us believers in the Lord.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,19:00)
    Hi,
    WJ has been unable to show God ever leaves heaven.
    Can anyone else show that He does?

He walked in the garden with Adam and Eve…..they heard his footsteps…..

Moses “saw” his backside on the mountain…..

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    God has manifested in many ways on earth.
    He told the Israelites He would dwell with them.

Exodus 25:8
    And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.

Exodus 29:45
    And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.

Exodus 29:46
    And they shall know that I am the LORD their God, that brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them: I am the LORD their God.

Does anyone think that means God was not in heaven?

Not3in1
    Participant

It is interesting to ponder the idea that God could be walking in the garden with Adam – on earth – and still “be” in heaven.

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes not3,
    His ways are imponderable.
    But we should not think He is just like us.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mandy….. this is just interesting I heard a sermon on the Heavens and this person said and showed pretty good scriptural proof that we are the heavens where God will dwell . the kingdom of God is in the heavens it had something to do with the plural terminology of the word and the actual Hebrew language in the texts. I and not saying it's true but it was interesting. I would have to be more convinced of it .

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 02 2008,09:26)
    It is interesting to ponder the idea that God could be walking in the garden with Adam – on earth – and still “be” in heaven.

Hi Mandy

HMMM. Since the scriptures say that no man can come to the Father unless the Son reveal him, and that Yeshua is the image of the invisible God, it is my belief that it was Yeshua in the Garden and also one of the “us” spoken of in creating man in his image.

No man can see the Father, yet we have many examples of men in the OT seeing God.

Yehua would fit that bill since no one can come to the Father or even know him but by Yeshua.

He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. Matt 11:27

No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only,,who is at the Father's side, has made him known.
    John 1:18 :)

Blessings! WJ

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi WJ.
    Those verses apply only after Jesus birth not before that because there is in preexistence of Jesus. I believe that the invisible God was manifesting through His Elohim (angels) like He appeared to Abraham and Moses in O.T.

See Heb 1:1-2

1 “In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe”.

God never spoke to Israelites through Jesus because he was not born in O.T times it is as simple as that.
    Peace to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 02 2008,13:02)

Hi Mandy

HMMM. Since the scriptures say that no man can come to the Father unless the Son reveal him, and that Yeshua is the image of the invisible God, it is my belief that it was Yeshua in the Garden and also one of the “us” spoken of in creating man in his image.

No man can see the Father, yet we have many examples of men in the OT seeing God.

Yehua would fit that bill since no one can come to the Father or even know him but by Yeshua.

He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. Matt 11:27

No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only,,who is at the Father's side, has made him known.
    John 1:18  :)

Blessings! WJ

Hi WJ,
    Fitting the bill?
    We do not develop useful doctrine from inference.

Irene
    Participant

John 5:37 Tells us that nobody has heard the Fathers voice or seen His form. So it was not the Father in the Garden with Adam, but the Word.
    Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    Can you prove it or is it a guess?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God is the God of the spirits of all flesh.
    So our spirit returns to Him at death.
    Numbers 16:22
    But they fell on their faces and said, “O God, God of the spirits of all flesh, when one man sins, will You be angry with the entire congregation?”

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 519 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account