Who is the Father

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 519 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Feb. 06 2010,14:34)
    Ed, No i do not agree. You keep replacing God with Holy Spirit,(you are adding and taking out)IN Acts 5;3,4 Anania's is asked why he lied to the Holy spirit and Peter tells Him He lied to God! Holy Spirits omnipresence is seen in Psalm 139:7-8, “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.”  in 1 Corinthians 2:10-11,  
    Holy Spirit is a divine person because He possesses a mind, emotions, and a will. The Holy Spirit thinks and knows (1 Corinthians 2:10). The Holy Spirit can be grieved (Ephesians 4:30). The Spirit intercedes for us (Romans 8:26-27). He makes decisions according to His will (1 Corinthians 12:7-11). the Holy Spirit can function as the Comforter and Counselor that Jesus promised He would be in(John 14:16, 26, 15:26).

katjo

Hi Katjo,

The “HolySpirit” is [θεος] Thēôs (The word: “GOD” in Greek)!

This statement is “Bible Truth”! Can you agree with TRUE statement Katjo?

Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 06 2010,02:58)

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 04 2010,23:21)

Quote (katjo @ Feb. 05 2010,14:56)
    Irene, do you believe in the trinity? that is were you are wrong!! You quote; lord Jesus our Savior is called God but not above the Father God?? So you believe in more than one God than? huh?

katjo

keto  Understanding that God is a title it becomes so easy to say yes, there are more God's then the one that is Jehovah. Even Satan is called God of this earth.  He is holding all captive.  Only those who Jehovah God calls will be save from His wrath, soon to come on this evil world. There is however only one Jehovah.  There is none other LORD either.  Notice that it is in capital letters.  There is no trinity again its a man made doctrine and not of God, Jehovah God that is.  Boy be for real or are you a girl?  It does not matter either way you are wrong.  Prove all things.  BTW sarcasm will get you no where.  Not with me, you sound somewhat like my Husband.  He would answer you so much differently.
    :D  :D  :D
    Irene

Irene

The definition of Polytheism is the belief in more than one God!

Polytheism  
    The worship of or belief in more than one god.
    (American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language)

Polytheism
    belief in several deities: the worship of or belief in more than one deity, especially several deities
    (Encarta® World English Dictionary, North American Edition)

Polytheism
    belief in or worship of more than one god
    (Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary, 11th Edition)

Polytheism
    belief in many different gods
    (Cambridge International Dictionary of English)

Polytheism
    belief in or worship of many gods, or more than one god
    (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th Ed.)

Polytheism
    the belief in more than one god.
    (The Wordsmyth English Dictionary-Thesaurus)

Polytheism
    the belief in or worship of more than one god
    (Cambridge Dictionary of American English)

Blessings WJ

W.J. Are you going to call God the Father a liar now? Hebrew I:8 But to the Son He said:” Your Throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is a scepter of Your Kingdom.
    verse 9
    You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
    “Therefore God, Your God has anointed You With the oil of gladness more then Your companions.”

Also is Satan not called the God of this world. And what is the trinity, three in one and all God's??? If you want to call me a name be my guest, Jesus was called more then that, He died for us. And if I want to follow Jesus I need to pick up my cross and walk, which BTW I have done most of my life. Going through the War and almost dying Oh yes, real nice…
    Irene

Anonymous
    Inactive

Irene! Jesus is KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS!! THE FIRST AND THE LAST, THE ALMIGHTY, THE EVER LASTING FATHER, AND GOD DOESNT SHARE HIS GLORY WITH NO ONE! THere is ONE LORD GOD. And I have showed pleny of scripture showing were He is called Lord God! SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TRY TO SEPERATE THEM?
    And everyone says we trinitarians beleive in three Gods? No He is one God who came in the flesh, to take away the sins of the world,and returned to the glory He had before the world began. SIMPLE! than you quote; Jesus is a God but not as high as Jehovah. Beleiving in more than one God..???

katjo

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ed, so the Holy Spirit is God Himself?

katjo

terraricca
    Participant

edj

the holy spirit is not God he is of God but not God ,my jacket is not me it from me difference ,you have to see scriptures through the right meaning ,i know some can not do that

JustAskin
    Participant

Katjo,

Wrong again. Terra is correct – again.

The Holy Spirit is the:
    'Spirit OF God';
    God's Spirit;
    the Spirit of the Father;
    the Spirit of Truth.

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 06 2010,02:13)

Ed, No i do not agree. You keep replacing God with Holy Spirit,(you are adding and taking out)IN Acts 5;3,4 Anania's is asked why he lied to the Holy spirit and Peter tells Him He lied to God! Holy Spirits omnipresence is seen in Psalm 139:7-8, “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.”  in 1 Corinthians 2:10-11,  
    Holy Spirit is a divine person because He possesses a mind, emotions, and a will. The Holy Spirit thinks and knows (1 Corinthians 2:10). The Holy Spirit can be grieved (Ephesians 4:30). The Spirit intercedes for us (Romans 8:26-27). He makes decisions according to His will (1 Corinthians 12:7-11). the Holy Spirit can function as the Comforter and Counselor that Jesus promised He would be in(John 14:16, 26, 15:26).

katjo

Hi Katjo,

Ed J

Ed

Sure, but the Holy Spirit is not the Father!

Blessings WJ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kato ………Why did you leave out that Jesus was a faithful and true (WITNESS) in your quote , It appears you don't like to refer to Jesus as a witness of GOD , because you are making Him your GOD

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kato……….The term Alpha and Omega, here is applying that Jesus is the First in GOD'S created Human Kind and the Last will be Just Like HIM , He is the result of GOD'S Work from the First to the Last. We will all come to the (FULL MEASURE OF CHRIST) as scripture says we will, not one ounce less. We will be glorified (WITH) Jesus as an exactness of He HIMSELF, For when we see Him we shall be as He is, scripture says. We are Heirs and Joint Heirs with Christ. But not according to you because you have moved Jesus away from you by Making him your GOD of worship, Your creator of all things. So the conclusion is your really do not seem to believe Jesus' Own words. When He prayed and Said (CLEARLY) “FOR THOU ART THE ONLY TRUE GOD” Please tell us who the (THOU) was, was it HIM. and When GOD said , He looked and could find no other GOD except HIM alone. and commanded us  saying “YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GOD BESIDES ME”> But you trinitarians think you can spurn the Sovereign GOD of ALL CREATION and HIS WORDS. Something Jesus never did and told us to worship GOD the FATHER even as He Did.  Jesus is definitely (NOT) your Brother He is YOU FALSE GOD and as long as you believe that way you will remain under STRONG DELUSIONS as 2 Ths 2 says.  That is all you TRINITARIANS DO IS CONFUSE THE TRUTH OF GOD, Muddy the waters of TRUTH, But thanks be to GOD the FATHER He has given His spirit of truth to some who can easily see through your false teachings of the TRINITY and PREEXISTENCES. IMO

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Feb. 07 2010,00:59)
    Irene! Jesus is KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS!! THE FIRST AND THE LAST, THE ALMIGHTY, THE EVER LASTING FATHER, AND GOD DOESNT SHARE HIS GLORY WITH NO ONE! THere is ONE LORD GOD. And I have showed pleny of scripture showing were He is called Lord God! SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TRY TO SEPERATE THEM?
    And everyone says we trinitarians beleive in three Gods? No He is one God who came in the flesh, to take away the sins of the world,and returned to the glory He had before the world began. SIMPLE! than you quote; Jesus is a God but not as high as Jehovah. Beleiving in more than one God.

katjo

kato! You are taking LORD out of context. There is no 3in1. And they are separate persons. The Son will only do what His Father tells Him to do. Again God is a title and in Ancient times many were called Gods'. I have given you Scriptures to prove my point. Were are yours? I also gave you Scriptures that the Father Jehovah God calls Jesus God, because it is simple a title, which you just don't understand. Why would it say what it does in
    Math. 15:9? I don't know any other doctrine that fits that Scripture except the trinity. But I also know if Jehovah God does not open your eyes you will stay blind. I was there, and I did not want to see it either, but “Thanks to our Heavenly Father His Holy Spirit, He would not leave me in that unbelief and I hope that it will influence you too in the right direction. When it says that Jesus is KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS in Rev. He is above all the Kings and Lords of this World, and especially at that time many were called Lord of Lord and king of Kings. He will come to judge all the nations. Also if the Spirit is a person, which the trinity says it is, then He is the Father of Jesus. No the Spirit is Gods Holy Spirit and in Ephesians 4: 5-6 tells us that there is only one Holy Spirit. Don't you find it a little strange that the first Christians did not believe in the trinity? Again it is a man made doctrine and not of God. Quintus Septimus Florens Tertullian remember Him? That's all my friend there is no talking to you or W,J. you are set in your ways and will not learn from another Human even if I proved it to you which I did…….
    Irene :cool: :cool: :cool:

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 06 2010,12:58)
    Don't you find it a little strange that the first Christians did not believe in the trinity?

Hi Irene

Jesus was a Trinitarian. Matt 28:19

John. Peter, Paul, Thomas, Jude, Luke and the Father called Jesus God with a big “G” if you will!

Ignatius who was a disciple of John the revelator also preached the three were God around AD 100-110, as well as many of the early Church Fathers.

Don't you think it is strange that the majority of Christians today believe in the Trinity?

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 06 2010,12:58)
    That's all my friend there is no talking to you or W,J. you are set in your ways and will not learn from another Human even if I proved it to you which I did…….

I don't see any proof, you have been shown many times how your proof text prove nothing towards proving the Trinity false.

Maybe we do not want to learn from a human who does not hold to the whole council of God found in the scriptures!

Blessings WJ

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 07 2010,02:55)

katjo

Hi Katjo,

Ed J

Ed

Sure

Blessings WJ

Hi WJ,

Great!

Your brother in Christ!
    Ed J

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 06 2010,16:36)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 07 2010,02:55)

katjo

Hi Katjo,

Ed J

Ed

Sure, but the Holy Spirit is not the Father!

Blessings WJ

Hi WJ,

Great!

Your brother in Christ!
    Ed J

Hi ED

Fantastic!

Blessings WJ

JustAskin
    Participant

WJ wrote: “Don't you think it is strange that the majority of Christians today believe in the Trinity?”

WJ, have you never read Matthew 7:13-14:

13 -“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.”
    14 -“But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”

What is the 'Road' that being referred to?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Feb. 07 2010,01:02)
    Ed, so the Holy Spirit is God Himself?

katjo

Hi Katjo,

Your counter-question response is a non-answer!
    I will answer your question after you answer mine.

The “HolySpirit” is [θεος] Thēôs The word, “GOD” in Greek!
    Can you agree with this statement; Katjo?

Ed J

JustAskin
    Participant

WJ, Katjo,

The Holy Spirit is NOT God nor the Father but:
    “The [Holy] Spirit Of the Father”;
    “The [Holy] Spirit OF God”

John 15:26

But when the Holy Spirit comes, whom I will send you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he shall give testimony of me.

Quote (JustAskin @ Feb. 06 2010,16:43)
    WJ wrote: “Don't you think it is strange that the majority of Christians today believe in the Trinity?”

WJ, have you never read Matthew 7:13-14:

13 -“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.”
    14 -“But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”

What is the 'Road' that being referred to?

JA

So does that mean if you see a couple of blind men in a crowd about to walk off a cliff then you would follow them?

Compared to non Christians who are against the Trinity, Trinitarians are on the narrow road and the few that have found it!

Heck lets use your logic here on this sight. There are more anti-Trintarians here on this forum than Trinitarians, so what does that mean to you in light of your statement?

My point in addressing Irene concerning the numbers who believed in the Trinity, was to show that the numbers do not establish the truth either way!

Blessings WJ

JustAskin
    Participant

WJ,

You have now turned into the deceiver. And you know what you just did…!

JustAskin
    Participant

WJ, …with regard to Triniatrians and the broad road.

Why did you add in 'non-christians' to try and dilute your faith which encompasses a world wide audience including the Abomination that is the 'Holy' Roman Catholic Church?

Till just now you have been a stalwart for Trinitarians and I respected you despite our differences – Why did you just do what you just did?

JustAskin
    Participant

WJ,
    The number of people on this site does not reflect anything to do with the number of faith believers of any camp.

My 'close' trinitarian friends outnumber me by 3-1 – I mean it is me against the three of them. This, however, is incidental and so is the proportional numbers on this site.

– A non-argument.

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 519 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account