Who is the Father

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 519 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Kat

you ask me a question that is multi answer true,and force me to answer by yes or no;

well God is the God of all.and Lord of all.Rev 21:22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple

Christ is lord of lords and king of kings as said in revelation, due to his work to be done.
    Rev 17:14 They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers
    i hope you have your answer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

why is it so hard for people to just say; Jesus is Lord? The bible tells us there is one Lord and the Lord is our God! BUT you cant say Jesus is Lord unless you have the Holy spirit,(scriptual). you should listen to Moses, He said the Lord is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob luke 20;37

katjo

Anonymous
    Inactive

here is another, Luke 13;12 speaking of a woman who was crippled by a spirit for 18 years. when Jesus saw her, He called her foward and said to her. Woman, you are set free from your infirmity.(13) And He put His hands on her, and immediately she straightened up and PRAISED GOD!

katjo

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kato……….She Praised the GOD of Heaven , NOT Jesus as you are trying to make it be. Jesus never did (ONE) Miracle in his life and no one else has either , Only GOD himself can. We make requests and if He decides to grant them the He does them, through anyone he choses to do them for. GOD The FATHER alone is the “ONLY TRUE GOD”. We either accept that are we simply are not of GOD or JESUS. Because that was Jesus' own words. IMO

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Feb. 01 2010,01:45)
    why is it so hard for people to just say; Jesus is Lord? The bible tells us there is one Lord and the Lord is our God! BUT you cant say Jesus is Lord unless you have the Holy spirit,(scriptual). you should listen to Moses, He said the Lord is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob luke 20;37

katjo

Hi Katjo,

There is a big difference between LORD and Lord.

God's Name [יהוה] YÄ-hä-vā is translated into the AKJV English Bible as LORD.
    Lord means: “owner” and is applied to Jesus as well as GOD.

The AKJV Bible has sometimes replaced [יהוה] YHVH with the correct title, “GOD”.
    However LORD in all-capital letters, is predominantly used as the exclusive replacement for יהוה in the AKJV Bible.
    LORD is an even less accurate title. This title-substitution occurs over 6,000 times in the AKJV Bible.
    An example of this is in Psalms 8:9: “O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy Name in all the earth!”

Jesus is Lord(God's Son), while GOD is LORD(YHVH).

Witnessing to the world in behalf of…
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD)YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm! (Psalm 45:17)
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    Even the stones could have cried out when God visited His people in the perfectly submitted vessel of His Son.

Anonymous
    Inactive

In Hebrew, there was no such thing as upper-case and lower-case letters. There was simply an alphabet, no capital letters at all. In Greek, there were capital (upper-case) and lower-case letters. in the earliest copies of the Greek New Testament, the text is written in all capital letters. YHWH is translated as “Lord.” The use of all capitals used by translators is to indicate that YHWH is behind the word “Lord” .

Look at these scriptures;Acts 2;36 Therefore let all Isreal be assured of this; GOD HAS MADE THIS JESUS , WHOM YOU CRUCIFIED, BOTH LORD AND CHRIST. He is Lord right? (38) is telling you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the
    forgivness of your sins… than(39) says; THE PROMISE IS FOR ALL WHOM THE Lord(no capital) OUR GOD WILL CALL. did not (36) tell us JESUS IS BOTH Lord AND CHRIST? and (39) says the Lord is our God.

katjo

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    So God made Jesus Lord.
    Does that not tell you something?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Feb. 02 2010,06:38)
    In Hebrew, there was no such thing as upper-case and lower-case letters. There was simply an alphabet, no capital letters at all. In Greek, there were capital (upper-case)  and lower-case letters. in the earliest copies of the Greek New Testament, the text is written in all capital letters.  YHWH is translated as “Lord.” The use of all capitals used by translators is to indicate that YHWH is behind the word “Lord” .

Look at these scriptures;Acts 2;36 Therefore let all Isreal be assured of this; GOD HAS MADE THIS JESUS , WHOM YOU CRUCIFIED, BOTH LORD AND CHRIST. He is Lord right? (38) is telling you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the  
    forgivness of your sins… than(39) says; THE PROMISE IS FOR ALL WHOM THE Lord(no capital) OUR GOD WILL CALL. did not (36) tell us JESUS IS BOTH Lord AND CHRIST? and (39) says the Lord is our God.

katjo

Hi Katjo,

Someone who corrects should have his or her facts correct also.
    Hebrew has No [W] sound, No [J] sound and the symbol ש is pronounced “Sh”.

YHVH is God's Name transliterated into English; transliterated means sounds(phonics).

GOD’s most sacred Holy Name [יהוה] was given to us directly from the Hebrew language.
    Correctly translating Hebrew into other languages can be difficult however.
    Some basic linguistical rules need to be considered when translating Hebrew texts.
    These include a lack of spacing between words, as a general rule has no written vowels
    and the basic direction in which Hebrew is written (opposite: from right to left).
    Hebrew word spacing is a modern advent that distinguishes one word from the next,
    aiding both translators and multi-linguists alike. Unwritten “implied” vowel sounds
    are a concern because, correct pronunciations of Hebrew words are at risk.

GOD’s Name (יהוה) transliterates directly into English as YHVH because the Hebrew alphabet
    lacks vowels. Hebrew has No [W] sound, No [J] sound and the symbol ש is pronounced “Sh”.

[יהוה] GOD’s Name   [י] Yod [ה] Ha [ו] Vav [ה] Hey …is pronounced  YÄ-hä-vā  &  [יה] YÄ
    Theomatics offers proof of this FACT as a second witness (Matt.18:16)…

The “Divine=63” “Deity=63” of “The Bible=63” is “YHVH=63”!

God bless
    Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Feb. 02 2010,06:38)
    In Hebrew, there was no such thing as upper-case and lower-case letters. There was simply an alphabet, no capital letters at all. In Greek, there were capital (upper-case)  and lower-case letters. in the earliest copies of the Greek New Testament, the text is written in all capital letters.  YHWH is translated as “Lord.” The use of all capitals used by translators is to indicate that YHWH is behind the word “Lord” .

katjo

Hi Katjo,

“Bible Truth”=117 is not determined by hearsay information of the uninformed!

YHVH is GOD=117!

[Κύριος] kü-rē-ŏs actually means “Lord” and is akin
    to the Hebrew word [אדני] Âdônây meaning “Lord” or “Owner”.

In Judaism, יהוה is reverenced to the degree that they don’t dare speak GOD’s Name for fear
    of saying His Name in vain. (Ex. 20:7 / Deut 5:11) The spoken use of name-omitting icons
    was inspired by this fear of saying GOD’s name in vain. The primary icon used for indirectly
    referencing יהוה is [אדני] Âd-ô-nây meaning Lord or Owner. The secondary icon used for
    indirectly referencing הוהי is [ה שם] Hä-Shəm meaning “The Name”. Name-substitutions
    have negatively affected people for many generations; producing the uncertainty of how
    exactly to pronounce GOD’s Name. The use of name-omitting icons has effectually
    distanced (יהוה) “GOD” further and further from His Word. יהוה is pronounced with its exact
    preciseness as “YÄ-hä-vā”; where ä sounds like that of the word “ah” and the other ā sounds
    like that of the vowel in the word “hay”. So when you see the tetragrammation YHVH, the
    proper pronunciation is YÄ-hä-vā. (Psalm 45:17) This point is made because the correct
    pronunciation was thought to be lost, which led only to translators’ interpretations.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nick, the Lord Is our God, DOES THAT NOT TELL YOU SOMETHING! YOU IGNORE THAT PART OF THE SCRIPTURE HUH?

katjo

terraricca
    Participant

HI KAT

he lord of the kingdom of the earth, king of kings of the earth, he came to save men ,in truth he is

LORD AND CHRIST FOR ALL MEN ,IN THE KINGDOM OF MEN.

Group: Members

——————————————————————————–
    In Hebrew, there was no such thing as upper-case and lower-case letters. There was simply an alphabet, no capital letters at all. In Greek, there were capital (upper-case) and lower-case letters. in the earliest copies of the Greek New Testament, the text is written in all capital letters. YHWH is translated as “Lord.” The use of all capitals used by translators is to indicate that YHWH is behind the word “Lord” .

Look at these scriptures;Acts 2;36 Therefore let all Israel be assured of this; GOD HAS MADE THIS JESUS , WHOM YOU CRUCIFIED, BOTH LORD AND CHRIST. He is Lord right? (38) is telling you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the
    forgiveness of your sins… than(39) says; THE PROMISE IS FOR ALL WHOM THE Lord(no capital) OUR GOD WILL CALL. did not (36) tell us JESUS IS BOTH Lord AND CHRIST? and (39) says the Lord is our God.

JustAskin
    Participant

Terra,

The situation is plain and simple: They want to argue a point by believing what they want to believe because it suits them to do so.

If I were to ask them for a summary of their beliefs – and – I will in time, they will not answer because when they start to write (if!) they will realise their erros and be scared by their findings.

They will then either respond with some halfbaked response that makes no sense or not respond at all claiming some unjustified reason – like WJ claimed he was too busy but he was posting everwhere else – And katjo refused for what reason?

I, myself, have responded to all requests (as far as I know) becasue there is no question that cannot be answered if one has the spirit of God and Christ… And without – then I quietly say that I do not know or I will find out – or – Ok, I concede.

I am not afraid not try to build untruths as a reposnse to try and 'save face'. God speaks for himself.

It is the same reason there is so much violence in teh world where people claim that someone has offended their God so they must defend HIM – If their “God” was real – they would not need to do so, they would not need to create false situations to defend their “God”!

Anonymous
    Inactive

terraricca, Did you see were acts2;39 says the Lord is our God? Whats that mean?

katjo

terraricca
    Participant

hi
    kat
    Ac 2:36 “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”
    Ac 2:37 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”
    Ac 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
    Ac 2:39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”
    Ac 2:40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.”
    Ac 2:41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day

i do not see what you have written about Act 2;39

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    God promises. God calls.
    Jesus is the mediator made Lord by God.

Anonymous
    Inactive

terraicca,hello acts 2;36 says;GOD HAS MADE JESUS BOTH LORD AND CHRIST than and (39) says the promise is for all the LORD OUR GOD WILL CALL. 36 is telling you Jesus is Lord and 39 says the Lord is God.

katjo

Hi JA

Quote (JustAskin @ Feb. 02 2010,08:53)
    They will then either respond with some halfbaked response that makes no sense or not respond at all claiming some unjustified reason – like WJ claimed he was too busy but he was posting everwhere else –

First of all the post I was making were very short and didn't take a lot of time between my work as opposed to responding to a long post.

But if you will check you will see I have answered those that I said I would. You should stop with all your accusations and judgments on the motives of others for that is not at all becoming of a gentle spirit!

Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom” But if ye have “bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, “but is earthly, sensual, devilish“. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. “But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then **peaceable**, **gentle**“, and easy to be intreated, “full of mercy and good fruits“, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. “and the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace” James :3:13-18

I have been here for a long time and if I was hiding from anything I would have left here a long time ago. The opposition that a Trinitarian recieves here is great and not many stay because they cannot endure the attacks!

Ja, If I have offended you for not responding to your post quick enough then I ask for your forgiveness! If there is any post that you feel I have not responded to then I will be happy to answer you as soon as I can. Its not always possible to answer every post. After all there is like 10 anti-trinitarians to 3 Trinitarians on this board. We have lives apart from this forum.

But again if I have offended you then I oppologise!

Blessings WJ

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 01 2010,08:17)

Quote (katjo @ Feb. 01 2010,01:45)

katjo

Hi Katjo,

There is a big difference between LORD and Lord.

God's Name [יהוה] YÄ-hä-vā is translated into the AKJV English Bible as LORD.
    Lord means: “owner” and is applied to Jesus as well as GOD.

The AKJV Bible has sometimes replaced [יהוה] YHVH with the correct title, “GOD”.
    However LORD in all-capital letters, is predominantly used as the exclusive replacement for יהוה in the AKJV Bible.
    LORD is an even less accurate title. This title-substitution occurs over 6,000 times in the AKJV Bible.
    An example of this is in Psalms 8:9: “O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy Name in all the earth!”

Jesus is Lord(God's Son), while GOD is LORD(YHVH).

Ed You are right. In the Old Testament you will find mostly LORD spelled with Capital letters, which is God the Father. While in the New Testament it is Lord of Lord and King of Kings which is our Savior Jesus Christ. The Translators were afraid to misspell Gods Holy Name, so instead of that, they used LORD and Lord. Just like God, it is a title. They both have other Names, right. Jesus and Jehovah.
    Peace and Love Irene

so who is the lord of hosts?

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 519 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account