Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,941 through 1,960 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Are you trying to say that because the JWs go door to door they are the only true religion?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

David…..You are a JW right?, at least thats what i thought you were. I personally know some and they truly think they are the only true church and will do what ever their leaders or (Elders) at the top say. In my opinion they are no better then any other religious organization. In Fact i find them more controlling then most religions are over there people. Once i remember an old man who did not even know where he was at my door and when i began to ask him what he wanted these other JW's came over and started to talk to me , and i ask them why are they allowing this old man to do this seeing he was obviously not coherent. I found that to be an abuse of there position over their people.

As regards to people of God, Heb 12:22-23..> But ye are come unto mount Zion, and unto the city of the Living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angles, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are (WRITTEN) in heaven, and to God the Judge of ALL, and to the Spirits of just men (MADE) perfect.

Do you see a earthly church organizations mentioned Here? I Don't !.

Peace…………gene

david
    Participant

Hi david,
    Are you trying to say that because the JWs go door to door they are the only true religion?

What did Jesus “order” us to do just before he left? What is the one assignment he's given his followers? No one has ever come to me or made a personal effort to present me with the good news. Yes, people always try to say the Mormon's go to people, but actually, it's one of of every 200 that are engaged with the ministry.
    Would it not seem reasonable that if someone believed they had a life saving message of utmost importance, “good news” of an urgent nature, that they'd try to share it with their neighbors? That they'd follow that command?
    I just don't see that of anyone anywhere else. His parting words were to “Go and make disciples of people of all the nations, teaching them ……”
    In other religions and with other individuals, they may ring bells, or hope someone stumbles upon their website, but that is far from seeking out people in all the nations, or far from following the apostalic method of going from “house to house” and personally presenting people with the good news.

david
    Participant

Once i remember an old man who did not even know where he was at my door and when i began to ask him what he wanted these other JW's came over and started to talk to me , and i ask them why are they allowing this old man to do this seeing he was obviously not coherent. I found that to be an abuse of there position over their people.

Which part did you disagree with–The people who were helping the elderly man, or the elderly man who was doing more than he should have?
    Gene, no one forces anyone to do beyond what they are able. Sometimes, people with disabilities or people that have trouble just want to be with their brothers and want to do have some part, no matter how small in carrying out the assignment Jesus gave, the assignment that so many others ignore. (Mat 28:19,20)

As regards to people of God, Heb 12:22-23..> But ye are come unto mount Zion, and unto the city of the Living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angles, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are (WRITTEN) in heaven, and to God the Judge of ALL, and to the Spirits of just men (MADE) perfect.

Do you see a earthly church organizations mentioned Here? I Don't !.

So in your mind Gene, the earliest “church organization” which of course were made of earthly physical people, wasn't what?–Christian? I claim nothing more than the earliest Christians.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Chosenone…..I think you can privately contact me through heave net, but if not MY email address is –, genealthrop@att,net, i would like very much to Discuss our common walk and interests. Jodi i was surprised to find was a X WWCG member also, and it think Irene and He husband was to. Very interesting , Have you ever went to L Ray Smiths, web page, he was a X WWCG member also and his audios can be listened to and downloaded, they are very interesting and i agree with most of them. Espically on the salvation for all, Free Will, and Church Government. Excellent listening.

Looking forward to chatting with you.

love and peace to you and yours………..gene:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 29 2008,11:56)

Hi david,

What did Jesus “order” us to do just before he left?  What is the one assignment he's given his followers?  No one has ever come to me or made a personal effort to present me with the good news.  Yes, people always try to say the Mormon's go to people, but actually, it's one of of every 200 that are engaged with the ministry.
    Would it not seem reasonable that if someone believed they had a life saving message of utmost importance, “good news” of an urgent nature, that they'd try to share it with their neighbors?  That they'd follow that command?
    I just don't see that of anyone anywhere else.  His parting words were to “Go and make disciples of people of all the nations, teaching them ……”
    In other religions and with other individuals, they may ring bells, or hope someone stumbles upon their website, but that is far from seeking out people in all the nations, or far from following the apostalic method of going from “house to house” and personally presenting people with the good news.

Hi david,
    When you knock on doors do you offer the gospel of Christ and only the gospel of Christ?

Or do you offer your watchtower magazine as well?

If you do offer more than you were commanded are you an obedient servant?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Daid…..the WWCG sent out 13,ooo,ooo, magazines every month all around the world and The TBN television net work is on 24 hr a day all over the world, The catholic church television stations all over the world also, the Mormons are going house to house also giving out there material , so what makes the JW's so different then?. You say they original disciples went door to door , when in fact they went to the synagogues of the Jews and the meeting places of the gentiles. Do you guys go to the synagogues at all, you know you can if you want to even now.

JW's, Mormons, Catholics, Televangelists, TBN, and all organized religions are a religion unto themselves and thats the problem. They use fear and exclusivity as there method of operation, (WE) are special because (WE) only are doing God's work) the rest are going to Hell but (WE) are going to the Paradise Kingdom of GOD, because (WE) are the (ONLY) true servant of GOD. Pure hogwash. imo

david
    Participant

Daid…..the WWCG sent out 13,ooo,ooo, magazines every month all around the world and The TBN television net work is on 24 hr a day all over the world, The catholic church television stations all over the world also, the Mormons are going house to house also giving out there material , so what makes the JW's so different then?.

If you read my post Gene, yes, “the Mormons” (meaning one out of 200 of them) do go from door to door. Do the others not think Jesus command applies to them? (Matt 28:19,20)
    Do the other 199 not personally think their message is important enough that they should share it with their neighbors?

yes, Catholics have TV stations with TV shows all over the world.
    So?
    You know, they've tried to do what we do, and failed? You know, they've acknowledged they should be focused on the very work “Jehovah's Witnesses” do, but no one wanted to help. So they (I believe the pope himself) has acknowledged that they come up short in this respect.
    As far as TV shows, sure. And the billion people that don't have clean water, much less a tv set?
    How many languages do you think those shows are in?

A funny thing happened last year. On the beaches of the Italian Isle of Elba, tourists were approached by young Catholics who had accepted an invitation by the bishop of the diocese of Massa Marittima-Piombino. He had told them that if they wanted to be Christians and remain such, they should proclaim their faith. This surprised vacationers. According to the newspaper Il Tempo, the most common response the youths received was, “Who are you? Jehovah’s Witnesses?”

As for the WWC sending out magazines, or their TV show being on 24 hours a day, again, is this not the same as ringing the bells hoping people will come to you. Jesus told his disciples to “Go” to them, not the other way around. This way, the billions that don't watch religious TV, would also be given a chance to hear.

so what makes the JW's so different then?

1. Every JW actually cares enough to share what they know with others, and feels that obeying Christ's final command is important.
    2. Mormon's, well, see #1. Only 1/200 actually engage in this work at any given time. (I've done some research)
    3. Many Catholics in authority have admitted that they fall short in the very area JW's pay so much attention to. (And they fall way short.)
    4. Putting on a tv show might be “preaching” but if we study the word “teaching” it doesn't really fit. (See Mat 28:19,20)

You say they original disciples went door to door , when in fact they went to the synagogues of the Jews and the meeting places of the gentiles.

Gene, once again wrong. Yes, they went all those places you list, but also from “door to door.” And they were often turned away, rejected, etc. And I'd like to prove that to you, and go over what the scriptures say, but that's a much longer post, and none of this has anything to do with the actual subject of this thread.
    Check the “preaching” thread.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    You wear your badge of righteousness\martyrdom too openly.

Jesus knocks and unless he does your works are in vain.

david
    Participant

Hi david,
    You wear your badge of righteousness\martyrdom too openly.

Gene has been misinformed. He asked questions of me. I gave him some facts.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    He is Lord to those who allow his guidance.
    Those who assume a personal direction cannot claim to serve him.
    The vine must be allowed to express himself as he will produce the fruit as he knows best.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

David….trust me i have not been misinformed as you think. And to think Saying Catholics don't do things for people in communities is purely wrong in our town they probably do more giving and caring for the poor then any other organizations do. And i am not Catholic either, I believe it's you who has been misinformed not me. I live in a town where there are Many JW”s and i see, by far more care and help done for people by other churches and organizations then the JW, by FAR. In our town the JW's just help their own and everything is focused on their own community's and churches, all their voluntary efforts is to expand themselves and there belief system more then anything else. David the problem with belonging to a sect or cult, they give all of you this continue string of how to think about others and offer you this exclusiveness position which makes you (FEEL) Special as the “ONLY ONE”, what a let down thats going to turn out to be someday. You seem to think that because the media is used thats not going out to people that is also wrong . More people are reached by the media then any other source. If they would have had it at the time of Christ they would have used it also to preach the Gospel to. David havent you noticed you use only what the JW's print for your logic of explanations.

Thats called mind control the pump you up with a constant flow of (THEIR) literature, that guarantees them control of you thinking. Tell me what doctrine do you disagree with that the JW's preach , your answer will most like be none. Mow ask yourself why. Now thats mind control my friend.

And should think i am not telling the truth then Just go a disagree with something their preaching and see what happens, You will be first chastised and if that doesn't work , they will kick you out on your ear. David my advise is don't let a organization have that kind of control of you, or for that matter no one else on this site either and that includes me or Nick or whoever. Seek the Father alone for you guidance , you really don't need anyone else.

peace……………….gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen brother Gene,
    Those are wonderful words indeed. Infact it is true even in my case when I was sticking to the doctrines of one church I did not learnt any thing from God. Now I am free from any doctrinal influence that's why I am able to learn from the Lord.

Thanks and love to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus asked his disciples who others thought he was in Mt16 and got a variety of answers.

Then he asked
    “Who do YOU say that I am?”

Peter gave the answer he approved of but worldly men still disagree with him and offer all sorts of other suggestions.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    It beats me what folks want to speak of Jesus and quote his words but will not accept what he taught about himself.
    Do you agree that he is the Christ, the Son of the living God, or not?

i believe the trinity has its roots in the catholic church i believe as a oneness believer

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JN,
    So you do not believe he is the anointed Son of the living God either?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JN,
    Do you think your teaching about Jesus improves on that of catholicism and that of Peter?

we believe the teachings of peter. and we believe trinity to be false

follow the scriptures

Viewing 20 posts - 1,941 through 1,960 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account