Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,961 through 2,980 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 10 2013,17:16)

Quote (terraricca @ June 09 2013,08:46)

Quote (kerwin @ June 09 2013,08:39)
    T,

K

dead as lost of the power for living ,

but many things died on earth even in Eden ,think about it

They ate fruits and plants which means that at least shed parts of plants died.  Other than that I know of nothing that perished.

I do know Scripture states both that death entered the world through adam's sin and that creation was subjected to frustration by the same sin.

K

So animals ad receive eternal live as well ???

T,

Animals had eternal life as well as being vegetarians.  Some Scriptures state the lion will lay with the lamb.

K

how do you know that the animals were living eternally ???

and in your scriptures it says “WILL” this is future ,are you telling me stories to go to sleep ???

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 10 2013,18:18)

T,

K

They ate fruits and plants which means that at least shed parts of plants died.  Other than that I know of nothing that perished.

I do know Scripture states both that death entered the world through adam's sin and that creation was subjected to frustration by the same sin.

K

T,

Animals had eternal life as well as being vegetarians.  Some Scriptures state the lion will lay with the lamb.

K

and in your scriptures it says “WILL” this is future ,are you telling me stories to go to sleep ???

T,

The whole creature was subjected to vanity by man's sin.

Romans 8:20-21
    King James Version (KJV)

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
    21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

It is a rather well known Scripture that states the lion will lay with the lamb. In the beginning it was that way as the lion was not a predator.

Isaiah 11:6
    King James Version (KJV)

6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

and

Isaiah 65:25
    King James Version (KJV)

25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 31 2013,21:13)

Quote (Lightenup @ May 31 2013,13:13)
    Don't pretend that you are qualified to teach Greek, Mike.

My goodness, Kathi.  Stubborn much?  :)

You can read in any interlinear that the Greek words are EXACTLY:  with the blood of his own.  

The Greek words are NOT:  with the blood of himself.

You can read it word for word on Biblos.com.  You can read it word for word in the NETNote that YOU posted.  Would you like me to mail you my Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures so you can read it there too?  

So why DO you suppose Paul said, “with the blood of his own instead of, “with the blood of himself?

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)

Absolutely.  A god certainly sacrificed his own blood to purchase men for his and our God, Jehovah, who is the Most High God of gods.

Thank you for your answer.

Does that mean you agree with and approve of my answer?

Another must answer question:
    Did Jehovah our Righteousness, sacrifice His own blood to purchase men for Jehovah?

Not exactly.  A person who has “Jehovah is our Righteousness” as one of his many titles sacrificed his blood at the command of his and our God, Jehovah.  With that blood, he purchased men of all nations FOR his and our God, Jehovah.

Don't forget that Israel will also be called “Jehovah is our Righteousness”.  Kathi, if you CAN'T use that title to force the nation of Israel into being Jehovah, what makes you think you CAN use it to force Jesus into being Jehovah?   ???

Mike,
    Thank you for again inadvertently admitting that the Bible does not say the blood of His own “Son.” That is a good step. Now tell me what you know of Greek grammar regarding word order and the adjectival genitive. If nothing, then don't try to prove something about it.

Does that mean you agree with and approve of my answer?

No, but you are getting closer. :)

A person who has “Jehovah is our Righteousness” as one of his many titles sacrificed his blood at the command of his and our God, Jehovah. With that blood, he purchased men of all nations FOR his and our God, Jehovah.

The theos who has the name 'Jehovah OUR Righteousness' sacrificed His blood at the WILL of both He and His Father who also has the name Jehovah.

One NAME, two persons together with their Spirit.

We are to walk in the NAME of Jehovah, our God. Jehovah is both God of gods AND Lord of lords, not just God of gods. Jesus is Lord of lords.

Don't forget that Israel will also be called “Jehovah is our Righteousness”. Kathi, if you CAN'T use that title to force the nation of Israel into being Jehovah, what makes you think you CAN use it to force Jesus into being Jehovah?

I don't need to force anything Mike. He who has the eyes to see, can see it. That is quite evident as we see in Bible commentaries.

The nation of Israel is the recipient of Jesus' righteousness, that is why it is called Jehovah our Righteousness. This is similar to the place where Jacob almost sacrificed Isaac. That 'place' was named Jehovah Jireh.

Gen 22:14
    and Abraham calleth the name of that place 'Jehovah Jireh,' because it is said this day in the mount, 'Jehovah doth provide.'

Do you see that the PLACE is called Jehovah Jireh BECAUSE of something Jehovah does.

A nation is called' Jehovah our Righteousness' BECAUSE of something that Jehovah, the Branch, is for them.

kerwin
    Participant

LU,

Jesus has the name of doing all that is righteous.
    Jehovah has the name of doing all that is righteous.
    They both have the same name.

Lightenup
    Participant

That is right Kerwin. There is a reason that Jesus has the same name as Jehovah. Jesus is Jehovah the Son, He is LORD Jesus.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 10 2013,19:50)

T,

K

K

T,

K

T,

The whole creature was subjected to vanity  by man's sin.

King James Version (KJV)

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
    21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

It is a rather well known Scripture that states the lion will lay with the lamb.   In the beginning it was that way as the lion was not a predator.

King James Version (KJV)

6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

and

King James Version (KJV)

25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.

kERWIN

are trying to deceive me ???

Ro 8:18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
    Ro 8:19 The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.
    Ro 8:20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope
    Ro 8:21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.
    Ro 8:22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.
    Ro 8:23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.
    Ro 8:24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has?
    Ro 8:25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
    Ro 8:26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

YOU TRY TO MAKE SCRIPTURES SAY ,WHAT IT DOES NOT MEAN ,THEIR IS NO TALK ABOUT ANIMALS BUT MEN ,AND BASED YOUR INTERPRETATION ON EXPECTING THAT THE OTHER IS IGNORANT ???

ALL OTHER SCRIPTURES ARE BUT IN THE FUTURE,

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ June 10 2013,23:38)

That is right Kerwin. There is a reason that Jesus has the same name as Jehovah. Jesus is Jehovah the Son, He is LORD Jesus.

LU,

Jesus is not Jehovah the Son. Jesus is a man, the Son of David, who God lives in via his Spirit. God's Spirit that bears the same name dwells both in Jesus and in God. Jehovah God, Jesus man, and the Holy Spirit all bear the same name. That name is holiness and righteousness. That is divinity for Jesus.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 11 2013,04:36)

T,

K

K

T,

K

T,

King James Version (KJV)

It is a rather well known Scripture that states the lion will lay with the lamb.   In the beginning it was that way as the lion was not a predator.

King James Version (KJV)

and

King James Version (KJV)

kERWIN

Ro 8:18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
    Ro 8:19 The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.
    Ro 8:20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope
    Ro 8:21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.
    Ro 8:22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.
    Ro 8:23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.
    Ro 8:24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has?
    Ro 8:26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

YOU TRY TO MAKE SCRIPTURES SAY ,WHAT IT DOES NOT MEAN ,THEIR IS NO TALK ABOUT ANIMALS BUT MEN ,AND BASED YOUR INTERPRETATION ON EXPECTING THAT THE OTHER IS IGNORANT ???

T,

The last I knew animals were part of the creation.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 10 2013,19:20)

LU,

Jesus is not Jehovah the Son.  Jesus is a man, the Son of David, who God lives in via his Spirit.  God's Spirit that bears the same name dwells both in Jesus and in God.  Jehovah God, Jesus man, and the Holy Spirit all bear the same name. That name is holiness and righteousness. That is divinity for Jesus.

Kerwin,
    Do you realize that I believe that Jesus, being both the Root of David AND his offspring shows that He is definitely more than man. Yes or No

You seem to only know Him as the Offspring of David and not the Root of David. What you teach takes NO faith. In your teaching, Jesus is a natural and normal person…nothing supernatural about Him at all except that the Spirit of God was in Him but that can be said of believer's as well. The muslims believe that there was nothing supernatural about Jesus too. It doesn't take faith to believe that Jesus, a person born of a woman, was a baby that grew up in stature and wisdom like any natural person and was a man. However, it does take faith to believe that He existed before He entered the womb and even more faith that He existed as the eternal life that was with the Father in the beginning.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ June 11 2013,06:31)

Quote (kerwin @ June 10 2013,19:20)

LU,

Jesus is not Jehovah the Son.  Jesus is a man, the Son of David, who God lives in via his Spirit.  God's Spirit that bears the same name dwells both in Jesus and in God.  Jehovah God, Jesus man, and the Holy Spirit all bear the same name. That name is holiness and righteousness. That is divinity for Jesus.

Kerwin,
    Do you realize that I believe that Jesus, being both the Root of David AND his offspring shows that He is definitely more than man. Yes or No

You seem to only know Him as the Offspring of David and not the Root of David. What you teach takes NO faith. In your teaching, Jesus is a natural and normal person…nothing supernatural about Him at all except that the Spirit of God was in Him but that can be said of believer's as well. The muslims believe that there was nothing supernatural about Jesus too. It doesn't take faith to believe that Jesus, a person born of a woman, was a baby that grew up in stature and wisdom like any natural person and was a man. However, it does take faith to believe that He existed before He entered the womb and even more faith that He existed as the eternal life that was with the Father in the beginning.

LU,

Jesus is the root of David because God promised him a son to sit on his throne forever and David believed him.

Jesus was given the Spirit because he pleased God with his faith. His faith gave birth to his life and teachings as well as his willingness to reap the wages of sin though he did not earn them. In doing so he sealed the new covenant with his blood and made a way for his brethren to also receive the Spirit. He has been given the authority to send God's Spirit to whom he chooses because he has been faithful in God's kingdom.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 11 2013,06:22)

Quote (terraricca @ June 11 2013,04:36)

T,

K

K

T,

K

T,

King James Version (KJV)

King James Version (KJV)

and

King James Version (KJV)

kERWIN

T,

K

that is not said by Paul ,Paul was talking about all men ;believers and unbelievers no difference ,

this is why and give you the context in the scripture you chose

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 10 2013,05:12)
    Mike,

I already speculated on the second question saying that when mankind matured he would be free to eat of both trees

And WHY would man need to eat of the tree of life, seeing that he was already immortal? ???

Kerwin, your mind is just not working as good as it used to.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 10 2013,05:10)
    When God created the world there was no death in it except for shed cells and parts of plants. The only way death could enter the world is by mankind eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and subjecting his body, as well as the rest of creation to corruption.

The first sentence is just an empty claim from you – one that you couldn't possibly support.

As for the latter sentence, how did Adam's sin enter the animals' bloodstream, causing them to lose their immortality as well?

4Thomas
    Participant

Question:  Was Jesus already God's SON when God made the universe through him?  YES or NO? NO he wasn’t a Son of God like you think as an arch angel Son, he was the Fathers Word the Father’s expressed substance and image,
    An attribute of the Father, that is eternally radiated and expressed from the Father.  This is how Jesus is TRUE and “ONE and ONLY” The Son, The Word, The expressed image.

God Alone made the heavens and the earth

Mike only when you come to the understanding that God was ***ALONE***when he made the universe and heavens will you grasp this scriptural truth. Mike there was NO ONE beside him.

Please don’t make me post all those dozens of scriptures again, how do you answer the fact that God says there was no one beside him or with him and that he is alone????

I don’t understand your idea that you have of a God who is only potentially powerful who can’t display his eternal almighty power by the generation of his Son. Is there a greater testimony to the Fathers Almighty power than the eternal generation of his Son/Word?

Do you understand what I’m getting at yet??
    OK so you don’t believe scripture when it says that God was alone and there was none beside him, and you say we have a son of God [arch angel like you think] standing next to God who is also called Yahweh??? And you expect me to believe this when scripture teaches otherwise???

And also does the Father make a mountain and pass it through this angel, or make galaxies and planets then pass them through this Angel. Or does he hand them to the angel to place, how does he make the oceans and seas through an angel????

Mike I want you to realise how silly and unscriptural this stuff is. Mike I know you are smarter than this and will make an awsome warrior for Jesus

Scripture is clear it NOT *just* through the Word that the heavens were made it’s ALSO ***BY*** Gods very Word/Breath. Sadly innocent souls have been tricked to believe that jesus is just an angel and isn’t really the creator because they are not allowed to believe the scriptures that clearly teach it was **BY** the Word that ALL things were made and that absolutely nothing was made that had already been made without him.

Without an eternal Son you can’t have an eternal Father, without a testament of your eternal Almighty power you can’t be eternally Almighty.

I have answered over 5 questions of yours and it’s your time
    Mike, I want you to be free to read scripture at face value and not need to twist it.

I care for you and I want you to know if you aren’t on the solid rock of Christ who is true God you are on quicksand
    Mike the silence of this angel Son who you believe is Jesus speaks volumes of how solid the scriptures you have been taught are. There is only one scripture who have shown me and I refuted this in my opening post. I honestly with all my heart can’t believe how you can think that Jesus is an arch angel and not true God.

All you need to do to know the truth is answer these simple questions

Is Jesus a true God YES/NO
    Is Jesus a false God YES/NO
    IS their only one true God YES/NO

Maybe that aligns with the scripture where Jesus says he and the Father are **ONE** or when you see him you see the Father. Maybe that what the discples believed that why scripture teaches they held the feet of jesus and worshipped him. There is some much more I want to say but will stop here as I know you dont like long posts.

I can't force you to believe the truth of scripture and I'm sorry if i sound harsh but you worry me. Please accept Jesus as your true Lord and Saviour.

Love and Life in the Son, the one and only way to the Father
    Daniel

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 10 2013,18:22)
    T,

So are rocks and asteroids. Do you suppose Paul intended for us to think rocks and asteroids have been groaning, waiting in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed?

I also assume, like Pierre, that Paul is talking about human beings in that teaching.

Colossians 1:23
    if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.

Mark 16:15
    He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.”

Are animals also included in these verses, Kerwin?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ June 10 2013,11:15)
    Mike,
    Thank you for again inadvertently admitting that the Bible does not say the blood of His own “Son.”

I never said it did say “son”, Kathi. I've only claimed the truth that it says “the blood of his own”. The NET translation I posted earlier adds the word “son” to the text, because they assume the thing that BELONGS TO God (“his own”) and shed blood is God's Son, Jesus. I think that is rational. I also know that Paul could have written “with the blood of HIMSELF” – had he wanted to convey that thought.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ June 10 2013,11:15)
    I don't need to force anything Mike. He who has the eyes to see, can see it.

In this case, he who has vivid imagination can see it. :)

Jesus has the title “Jehovah is our Righteousness”, just like Israel does. To read anything else into it is simply wishful thinking.

Jeremiah 23:6 NET ©
    Under his rule Judah will enjoy safety and Israel will live in security. This is the name he will go by: ‘The Lord has provided us with justice.’ 4

Footnote #4:
    The Hebrew word translated “justice” here is very broad in its usage………..

Here it probably sums up the justice that the LORD provides through raising up this ruler, as well as the safety, security, and well-being that result……..

Why do you suppose the 25 TRINITARIAN scholars of NETNotes very rarely support your “Jesus is God proof texts”? After all, these people also believe Jesus is God Almighty, yet they often go as far as to say, Any claim that these words somehow prove the Trinity Godhead is simply wishful thinking.

And that IS what you've been doing for years, right? Painstakingly searching the scriptures for any words you can “wishful think” into saying Jesus is God Almighty, right?

You should stop, Kathi. It's well founded in scripture that Jesus is the Son OF the Most High God. Oh, he's also the servant, lamb, prophet, priest and angel OF the Most High God.

Just stick with that, okay?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (4Thomas @ June 10 2013,19:35)
    Question:  Was Jesus already God's SON when God made the universe through him?  YES or NO?
    NO

So when exactly do you think “God Almighty the Son” changed from being “God Almighty the Son” and became “the Son OF God Almighty”? (Please show scriptures that support your claim that someone who WAS God Most High became someone who WASN'T God Most High anymore, but the Son OF God Most High.)

Also, please reconcile your statement with Hebrews 1:2, which CLEARLY says God created the universe through His Son. (I mean, how could Jesus NOT have been God's Son when God created the universe if God created the universe THROUGH His Son?)

It seems that right off the bat, you are claiming things in direct opposition of what is claimed in Hebrews 1:2. How do you account for that? And how would you expect anyone to believe your doctrine if it means we must DISBELIEVE Hebrews 1:2?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Mike only when you come to the understanding that God was ***ALONE***when he made the universe and heavens will you grasp this scriptural truth. Mike there was NO ONE beside him.

Please list the scripture, and I'll address that ONE point tomorrow.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Without an eternal Son you can’t have an eternal Father……

Huh? You just said Jesus WASN'T the Son in the beginning. Now you're saying he was the “eternal Son”. Which is it?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,961 through 2,980 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account