Where is God exactly

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 281 through 288 (of 288 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (4Thomas @ May 01 2013,19:27)
    Very very simple Mike, all the scriptures you use to try and deny that Jesus is true God are in relation to the Word taking flesh. As a man Jesus was indeed a Prophet and Priest. Jesus needed the Father to grant him life and he needed the Father to place his seal of approval on him, not just this though Jesus also needed to eat, sleep and he could also die.

So then you DON'T think Jesus was “100% God Almighty on earth”? You think he was “LESSER than God” when he was a man? Good. One less thing to disagree about. :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

So let’s look at Jesus before he took flesh, let’s look at what SCRIPTURE teaches about *WHAT* Jesus was before he came in the flesh. Then we know who it was that came in the flesh and we will know if we have the right Jesus.

Okay.

Genesis 3
    14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,

“Cursed are you above all livestock
       and all wild animals!
    You will crawl on your belly
       and you will eat dust
       all the days of your life.
    15 And I will put enmity
       between you and the woman,
       and between your offspring and hers;
    he will crush your head,
       and you will strike his heel.”

This is thought to be the first prophecy about Jesus in the Bible.  Does this one say Jesus is God Almighty Himself?

(BTW, I personally don't believe this is a Messianic prophecy.  I believe God is speaking about the ongoing enmity between mankind and snakes in general.  If we walk too close, we can be bitten in the leg (heel), causing much pain and grief, and sometimes death.  On the other hand, a man can easily crush the head of a snake with his foot, thereby killing said snake. I.e.: Snakes and humans have never lived side by side as friends. There is always enmity between us.)

If this one doesn't tell us Jesus is God Almighty, list one that does, okay?

4Thomas
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 02 2013,12:55)

So let’s look at Jesus before he took flesh, let’s look at what SCRIPTURE teaches about *WHAT* Jesus was before he came in the flesh. Then we know who it was that came in the flesh and we will know if we have the right Jesus.

Okay.

Genesis 3
    14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,

“Cursed are you above all livestock
       and all wild animals!
    You will crawl on your belly
       and you will eat dust
       all the days of your life.
    15 And I will put enmity
       between you and the woman,
       and between your offspring and hers;
    he will crush your head,
       and you will strike his heel.”

This is thought to be the first prophecy about Jesus in the Bible.  Does this one say Jesus is God Almighty Himself?

(BTW, I personally don't believe this is a Messianic prophecy.  I believe God is speaking about the ongoing enmity between mankind and snakes in general.  If we walk too close, we can be bitten in the leg (heel), causing much pain and grief, and sometimes death.  On the other hand, a man can easily crush the head of a snake with his foot, thereby killing said snake.  I.e.: Snakes and humans have never lived side by side as friends.  There is always enmity between us.)

If this one doesn't tell us Jesus is God Almighty, list one that does, okay?

Hi Mike,
    There are many revelations about Jesus in the old testament but many of them are in reference to him becomming a man as a suffering servant.

Probably the most revealing is this.
    Wisdom 2:12-onwards (New Revised Standard w/ Apocrypha)

12 “Let us lie in wait for the righteous man, because he is inconvenient to us and opposes our actions; he reproaches us for sins against the law, and accuses us of sins against our training. 13 He professes to have knowledge of God, and calls himself a child  of the Lord. 14 He became to us a reproof of our thoughts; 15 the very sight of him is a burden to us, because his manner of life is unlike that of others, and his ways are strange. 16 We are considered by him as something base, and he avoids our ways as unclean; he calls the last end of the righteous happy, and boasts that God is his father. 17 Let us see if his words are true, and let us test what will happen at the end of his life; 18 for if the righteous man is God's child, he will help him, and will deliver him from the hand of his adversaries. 19 Let us test him with insult and torture, so that we may find out how gentle he is, and make trial of his forbearance. 20 Let us condemn him to a shameful death, for, according to what he says, he will be protected.” 21 Thus they reasoned, but they were led astray, for their wickedness blinded them, 22 and they did not know the secret purposes of God, nor hoped for the wages of holiness, nor discerned the prize for blameless souls; 23 for God created us for incorruption, and made us in the image of his own eternity,  24 but through the devil's envy death entered the world, and those who belong to his company experience it.

Sadly Luther removed this book and many others in the old testament, he also tried to remove James, Hebrews, Revelations as he couldn't win his bedates but I dont want to get of track becuase I want you to have the correct Jesus

You need to look at the revelations of Jesus in the old testament either being God or Michael the Arch Angel or another angel.

Look at Jesus works and especially look where Jesus tells the jews to search the old testament for the sake of their salvation, he tells them that Moses wrote about him. Now what did he say no one has ever seen the Father at any time…

Col 1:16  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
    Col 1:17  And he is before all things, AND BY HIM ALL THINGS CONSIST.

And the word for all things is
    G3956 πᾶς pas pas
    Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole: – all (manner of, means) alway (-s), any (one), X daily, + ever, every (one, way), as many as, + no (-thing), X throughly, whatsoever, whole, whosoever.

Will post most of the old testament scriptures that make this revelation complete soon

Life in the Son
    Daniel

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Daniel,

Post ONE scripture at a time. We need to first discuss that ONE scripture, and see if it really DOES say Jesus is God Almighty, or if you are just reading that into it.

Begin when you are ready.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

BTW, in that Wisdom quote you posted, I see many times where Jesus is distinguished as someone other than God, but no times where he is identified as God.

(This was merely a comment. I really don't want to discuss a book that is not canon. Perhaps it should be, and perhaps some day I'll read it and find even more proofs that Jesus is not the God he is the Son of. But for now, let's focus on canonized scripture that tells me Jesus is the Most High God.)

terraricca
    Participant

Daniel ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Daniel?

terraricca
    Participant

DANIEL ???

Viewing 8 posts - 281 through 288 (of 288 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account