Where is God exactly

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 288 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 26 2013,14:35)

Quote (Ed J @ April 26 2013,14:33)
    Hi Mike,

I don't feel it's a crime to disclose one's affiliation.
    But sorry about detouring your discussion. :(

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

That would be comparable to you saying to someone: “Ed doesn't believe in the rapture.”

Leaving dark-spots of speculation opens the door for the enemy.

“for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed;
        and hid, that shall not be known” (Matthew 10:26)

4Thomas
    Participant

Read the entire (HUGE) opening post of this thread.  You'll see a ton of “evidence”, including the words of the Pope himself.

Mike, quoting Tom Harpur, Encyclopaedia’s, Catholics and Protestants especially Tyndale “VIEWS” or theories doesn’t change the *fact* that the early church believed Matthew 28:19 to be true.
    Just because an author of some book expresses his views doesn’t make them true. You need evidence.
    Mike I am after evidence of **actual** writings from the early Church.
    Mike there is no evidence, if there is – please show me at least 1 early church writing, I have given you a huge list of actual writings from the early church. I wouldn’t waste my time quoting encyclopaedias. Thanks to this website we all know how much confidence we can put in encyclopaedias. Point and fact look at the unicorn…
    http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/614490/unicorn
    unicorn, mythological animal resembling a horse or a kid with a single horn on its forehead.

Some organisation use encyclopaedia to push their views without true facts and easy to see why they do this…. Its because they don’t have any real facts of their own so they start saying this author of this book believes this so it must be true…. Yeah right, I don’t buy these lies if I believed this kind of reasoning you would also expect me to believe in ***evolution***, wouldn’t you. We all know that that’s rubbish, I have some excellent resources that I will share with you when I get time.
    Anyway Please give me some ***real evidence***,
    I have given you real evidence and lots of it.

Rev 3:14 CLEARLY explains that Jesus and his God have DIFFERENT names.

Mike, I have answered this already. I will answer it a different way as I may not have made myself clear.
    Jesus already has a different name to his Father *ALREADY* at the *SAME TIME* as having ***multiple*** names that he shares with his Father.
    The Names the Father and Son share are Jesus, Lord, God, Saviour, first and the last etc etc
    Names that only the Son has BECAUSE he is a man, Son of man, Lamb of God, Christ/Messiah.
    NOW *********PLEASE HEAR ME**************
    His new name is related to his humanity, as him in the FLESH. I spent quite some time showing you with SCRITPUTRE that all men/women who overcome will get a new name.
    Jesus is not a man alone, IS HE.
    The key to understanding what I am saying is to understand that Jesus is both God and Man. He is not just Theos ALONE
    Just because he gets a new name AS A –MAN– doesn’t mean he is no longer shares his name the Father gave him. ***That being Jesus.****
    Please listen – Jesus comes in his Father’s name, the name the Father has given him, so Rev 3:14 shows the Fathers name Jesus (the name above all names in heaven and earth – in this world and the world to come)
    So I believe we will have the name Jesus (the Fathers name) and we will also have the new name for Christ as the conqueror hell, death and the grave. YAH conquers *could* be his new name* and this would be a name that the Father would also share also.

Isaiah 7:14
    New International Version (NIV)
    14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you[a] a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and[c] will call him Immanuel.[d]

I also believe that Immanuel is a name that the Father and Son share. If not now at least someday.

Matthew 1
    21“She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.
    ”22Now all this took place to fulfill what was spoken by the Lord through the prophet:23“BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL,” which translated means, “GOD WITH US.”24And Joseph awoke from his sleep and did as the angel of the Lord commanded him, and took Mary as his wife,25but kept her a virgin until she gave birth to a Son; and he called His name Jesus.

Now, would you like to move on to this “proskuneo” thing that you've brought up in your last post?  Or can I ask you my first question?

Whatever you want, if this is what is stopping you from worshipping then let look at this, if it’s something else that is stopping you then let’s look at that.
    Grace
    Daniel

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (4Thomas @ April 26 2013,18:13)

Mike, I have answered this already. I will answer it a different way as I may not have made myself clear.
    Jesus already has a different name to his Father *ALREADY* at the *SAME TIME* as having ***multiple*** names that he shares with his Father.
    The Names the Father and Son share are Jesus, Lord, God, Saviour, first and the last etc etc

Grace
    Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Those are titles, NOT names.

[יהוה] GOD’s Name  [י] Yod [ה] Ha [ו] Vav [ה] Hey  …is pronounced  YÄ-hä-vā  &  [יה] YÄ

Jesus’ Hebrew name [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă has a direct connection to GOD’s name [יה] in that YÄ
    is the first part of Jesus’ Hebrew name. GOD’s name is not vocalized in the English translation
    of the name Jesus and therefore misses the precise exactness and direct authentic connection
    to God’s Hebrew name [יה] YÄ. Jesus’ Name in Hebrew means: (“YÄ is salvation” [יה]+[ישע]=[יהשוע]).

Therefore “Jesus” name [יהשוע] (YÄ-shü-ă) establishes YHVH (“YÄ-hä-vā”) or JEHOVAH as the Highest Name.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ April 25 2013,21:35)

Hi Mike,

That would be comparable to you saying to someone: “Ed doesn't believe in the rapture.”

I accept the apology, Ed.  Thanks for that.  But how are the JWs my “affiliation”?  Haven't I also, on this very site, been “affiliated” with Trinitarians?  And non-preexisters?  And numerologists?  

And no, it would really be more comparable to someone saying, “Ed only believes in the pre-tribulation rapture BECAUSE he has been influenced by the teachings of John Nelson Darby and the Plymouth Brethren.”

Now, all of the sudden, the discussion is no longer about whether or not you're RIGHT about pre-trib rapture, because instead, we're all talking about John Nelson Darby, and his beliefs, and any mistakes he's made in the past.

So please don't EVER “affiliate” me with the JWs again.  If you notice that something I believe is ALSO the way the JWs see it, then you can make that connection.  But don't EVER assume, or suggest, that my understanding came FROM the Watchtower, or the JW organization.  My understanding comes from ME reading and re-reading the scriptures, and studying them over and over again.

peace,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 26 2013,09:33)
    Hi Mike,

God bless

edj

it was the way you had chosen to do it ;and in this way you have deviated the conversation but also brought in an irrelevant disclose info,nothing in this was asked or look for ,you just bud in and broke the discussion,et voila ,,

terraricca
    Participant

4thomas

Names that only the Son has BECAUSE he is a man, Son of man, Lamb of God, Christ/Messiah.

wen you say that Christ the son shares anything with his father ,i do not understand your word “share ” i do now what the word means but i wander if you try to say that the SON HIS, HIS FATHER ???

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (4Thomas @ April 26 2013,07:08)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 24 2013,13:38)
    BTW Daniel,

I'm not a JW, and didn't bother to read any of the material you posted about them.  I couldn't care less.  My understanding comes from scripture – not from the JWs, and certainly not from any other organization.

The give away for people who are influenced by JWs doctrine or who are actually JWs – is if they worship Jesus.

It is very clear for this fact alone that you are influenced by the JW's – point and fact is you must be using their translation of the bible (NWT). there use of the word proskuneo is so untruthful its very sad that an organisation intrusted to oversea people who believe in the Father and Son would go to these depths to deny the Son. If only they knew when they saw the Son they saw the Father.

The greek proskuneo which is the highest word for worship is never translated to worship for Jesus..  

The watchtower would rather translate the word proskuneo to worship for demons, idols, devil but never for Jesus even though it is used 15 times for him (almost 30% of all uses are used for him).

Its easy to see those who are interested in scripture and the truth in regard to if they worship Jesus.
    Their are other words in greek that are used for obeisance.

Remember the early church who read the bible in greek seen no difference in the greek word proskuneo when applied to the Father and Son because thats the actual greek word they READ.

4352. proskuneo pros-koo-neh’-o from 4314 and a probable derivative of 2965 (meaning to kiss, like a dog licking his master’s hand); to fawn or crouch to, i.e. (literally or figuratively) prostrate oneself in homage (do reverence to, adore):–worship.

And the highest form of Worship is continually kissing ones feet, is greater than songs of praise.

Luke 7:44-46

44 Then He turned to the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head. 45 You gave Me no kiss, but this woman has not ceased to kiss My feet since the time I came in. 46 You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with fragrant oil.

Jesus, by whom the entire universe and heaven was made by.
    Says.

THIS WOMEN HAS NOT CEASED KISSING MY FEET SINCE I CAME IN.

If continually kissings someones feet isn't worship what else could one do to trump that ?????????

So you are not a JW now but you still need to let go of your childhood and submit to the scriptures.
    I would highly recommend getting a *REAL* bible or learning greek and reading that.

Mike, Jesus is revealed *clearly* in scripture as our Great God and saviuor* He is not a false God is he??????????????

This leaves only one simply possibilty he is true theos, true God.

Eternal generation explains simply how you can have one True God, its all about understanding that the Father is eternally Father and that he is a True Father.

The Son is not a spirit creature like the angels mike, a angel can't come to earth and shed his blood to save all mankind from their sins only God the Son in the flesh can do this.
    Worshipping “Jesus” is the most important discission you will even make. ***Don't let any man rob you or confused family member****

I speak this because I care, thats why I am here.

T8 do you Worship Jesus?

Life in the Son
    Daniel

4THOMAS

If continually kissings someones feet isn't worship what else could one do to trump that ???

do you know why she did that ???

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 27 2013,10:44)

Hi Mike,

I accept the apology, Ed.  Thanks for that.  But how are the JWs my “affiliation”?  Haven't I also, on this very site, been “affiliated” with Trinitarians?  And non-preexisters?  And numerologists?  

And no, it would really be more comparable to someone saying, “Ed only believes in the pre-tribulation rapture BECAUSE he has been influenced by the teachings of John Nelson Darby and the Plymouth Brethren.”

Now, all of the sudden, the discussion is no longer about whether or not you're RIGHT about pre-trib rapture, because instead, we're all talking about John Nelson Darby, and his beliefs, and any mistakes he's made in the past.

So please don't EVER “affiliate” me with the JWs again.  If you notice that something I believe is ALSO the way the JWs see it, then you can make that connection.  But don't EVER assume, or suggest, that my understanding came FROM the Watchtower, or the JW organization.  My understanding comes from ME reading and re-reading the scriptures, and studying them over and over again.

peace,
    mike

Hi Mike,

Actually I did hear the rapture doctrine FIRST and I did believe it.
    But when I heard others say it was false I researched it out
    for myself and found the rapture to be a false doctrine.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike,

I accept the apology, Ed.  Thanks for that.  But how are the JWs my “affiliation”?  

peace,
    mike

Hi Mike,

I was referring to David's JW affiliation, a family member is not an affiliation. :D
    I said that because YOU said that I do that to David all the time, remember?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 27 2013,16:44)

Hi Mike,

peace,
    mike

Hi Mike,

Actually I did hear the rapture doctrine FIRST and I did believe it.
    But when I heard others say it was false I researched it out
    for myself and found the rapture to be a false doctrine.

God bless

Hi Mike,

I guess all the bible verses that say there are no other God's has not sunk in yet.  :D

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ April 27 2013,00:02)

My understanding comes from ME reading and re-reading the scriptures, and studying them over and over again.

Hi Mike,

I guess all the bible verses that say there are no other God's has not sunk in yet.  :D

That is a perfect proof of what I've claimed, Ed. By far, the most POPULAR belief in 21st century human culture is that there truly exists only ONE elohim/theos. The fact that I believe the actual scriptures when they teach of MANY elohim/theos shows that my understanding does NOT come from the “popular beliefs” of any organization, or from 21st century culture. Instead, my beliefs are securely founded in the scriptures themselves.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (4Thomas @ April 26 2013,01:13)
    Mike there is no evidence, if there is – please show me at least 1 early church writing………

So the words of the Pope himself, saying that the Catholic Church changed the formula early on, and not too many people know about it, weren't enough?  :)

Daniel, let's use our God-given common sense here:

1.  God told Moses His name was Yahweh.

2.  Later, many Israelites named their children using many variations of the name Yahweh.  “Joshua” was one of those names, and there were many men named “Joshua” in the scriptures.  (“Iesous”, as I'm sure you know, is the Greek version of “Joshua”.  “Jesus”, is the English equivalent.)

3.  So what you are saying is that anyone who ever had the name “Joshua”, or “Iesous” in scripture, had the divine name of God Almighty Himself.

4.  Now this doesn't make sense considering that the Jews (way before Jesus' time) stopped uttering the divine name Yahweh, and started to refer to Him as “Adonai” instead.  So you are asking us to believe that the Jews refused to utter the divine Name, yet HAD TO utter it any time they talked to someone named “Joshua” or “Iesous”.  Does that make sense to you, Daniel?  (This is the FIRST strange thing we must believe in order to believe God's name is “Jesus”.)

5.  Now, you have provided much support that the “triune formula” was in use relatively soon after the death of Jesus.  But HOW SOON?  Do we have any idea, out of all the support you posted, which one is the OLDEST?  Do you know?

Okay, now I will appeal once more to your God-given common sense.  Let's assume for a moment that Jesus DID say the triune formula in Matthew 28:19.  What happened after that?

1.  The Apostles totally disregarded this “great commision”, that was spoken to them directly from the mouth of their Lord, and decided completely on their own to baptize only in the name of Jesus – despite Jesus' words.

2.  The Apostles, and everyone else who baptized in the scriptures, were privy to some secret knowledge that the name of God Almighty had been changed from Yahweh to Jesus.  And even though they all knew this secret, not one of them decided to write it down, or let the rest of the world know.

Which one of those two do you think happened, Daniel?

There is this third possibility: Jesus actually said “Go baptizing in my name”, and the disciples did exactly as they were told. :)

4Thomas
    Participant

Mike, i just read your post now, will reply back hopefully tomorrow or the next day in my lunch break.

Grace

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (4Thomas @ April 28 2013,19:39)
    Joshua               YAH Is Salvation (also known as Yah'shua)

Yah'shua, the name Jesus is far above all other names, even though some try and reduce it by calling it Joshua…………………..

Hmmmm………………… ???

4Thomas
    Participant

Okay, now I will appeal once more to your God-given common sense.  Let's assume for a moment that Jesus DID say the triune formula in Matthew 28:19.  What happened after that?

1.  The Apostles totally disregarded this “great commision”, that was spoken to them directly from the mouth of their Lord, and decided completely on their own to baptize only in the name of Jesus – despite Jesus' words.

2.  The Apostles, and everyone else who baptized in the scriptures, were privy to some secret knowledge that the name of God Almighty had been changed from Yahweh to Jesus.  And even though they all knew this secret, not one of them decided to write it down, or let the rest of the world know.

Which one of those two do you think happened, Daniel?

There is this third possibility:  Jesus actually said “Go baptizing in my name”, and the disciples did exactly as they were told.    

If you use actual evidence of scripture and the early church it’s very clear.
    I pray that God will convert you so you understand that Jesus wasn’t a creature angel and that he wasn’t a false God before he took on flesh.  Jesus is true God, just as his Father is true God and true Lord and a true eternal Father.
    The Father isn’t a Eternal God of *Nothing* is he…
    the Father is Eternally “Almighty” he displays this in his Son

Mike scripture is very clear, the Son came in his Father’s name its says it time and time again.

From a translation you respect
    “Protect by the power of your name Father”
    “the name you gave to me”

John 17:11
    New International Version (©1984)
    I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name–the name you gave me–so that they may be one as we are one.

Ever wondered why the name Yahweh isn’t in the new testament???

It pretty clear and solid evidence from 70AD onwards, yet I haven’t yet had one single shred of evidence from you to say otherwise.
    You mention a pope said otherwise, who cares, what does this matter unless its said in council. BTW Catholics aren't bound by what the Pope says unless said on the seat of peter, excathadra [this is the only way the bishop of rome [pope] can bind teachings for the Catholics, the other way is all the bishops by way of council. Anyway mike this isn't about what Pope believes it doesn’t matter what faith you belong to mike if you have the wrong Jesus. Jesus saves, but you need the correct Jesus mike.

Here is the earliest authenticate writing from the early Church
    Didache,(.A.D. 70)
    “And concerning baptism, thus baptize ye: Having first said all these things, BAPTIZE INTO THE NAME OF THE FATHER, AND OF THE SON, AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, in living water. But if thou have not living water, baptize into other water; and if thou canst not in cold, in warm. But if thou have not either, pour out water thrice upon the head into THE NAME OF FATHER AND SON AND HOLY SPIRIT. But before the baptism let the baptizer fast, and the baptized, and whatever others can; but thou shalt order the baptized to fast one or two days before.”(7in ANF,VII:379)

Let move onto the most important subject of all, who has the correct Jesus.

Jesus saves
    Daniel

terraricca
    Participant

Daniel

From a translation you respect
    “Protect by the power of your name Father”
    “the name you gave to me”

do you really know what those words mean ??? “power of your name “? and “the name you gave me “?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Okay Daniel,

You brought up this scripture earlier:

John 8 NIV ©
    24 “I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be , you will indeed die in your sins.”

25 “Who are you?” they asked.

Just what I have been telling you from the beginning,” Jesus replied.

Jesus said these words in John 8:25, so I thought I'd go back through the entire book of John, using only words that JESUS himself said, and find out exactly WHO Jesus had been telling them all along that he was.  Here's what I came up with:

1.  Is the Son OF God.  (3:16)
    2.  Was given BY God.  (3:16)
    3.  Was sent BY God.  (3:17)
    4.  Has had all things placed in his hands BY God.  (3:35)
    5.  Is a prophet OF God.  (4:44)
    6.  Can do nothing on his own.  (5:19)
    7.  Was granted BY God to have life in him.  (5:26)
    8.  Has been given authority to judge BY God.  (5:27)
    9.  God is someone OTHER THAN Jesus, who testifies in Jesus' favor.  (5:32)
    10.  The Jews had never seen God or heard His voice, although they clearly saw and heard the voice of the one God sent.  (5:37)
    11.  Came in the name OF his God.  (5:43)
    12.  Gives thanks TO his God.  (6:11)
    13.  Has been given the seal of approval BY his God.  (6:27)
    14.  Does the work OF his God, as the one his God has SENT.  (6:29)
    15.  Is the bread OF God.  (6:33)
    16.  Has been given disciples BY God.  (6:37)
    17.  Does the will OF his God.  (6:38)
    18.  Is FROM God, whom no one has ever seen.  (6:46)
    19.  Lives BECAUSE OF his God.  (6:57)
    20.  Says his teachings are not his own, but come FROM the God who sent him.  (7:16-17)
    21.  Is FROM the One who SENT him.  (7:28-29)
    22.  Will go TO the God who SENT him.  (7:33)
    23.  Jesus is one, and the God who SENT him is his OTHER witness.  (8:18)

Daniel, do you think you can come up with even one direct quote of Jesus where he himself claimed to BE the God who sent him, or even equal TO that God?

And even if you could, would you just ignore these 23 that I've listed – as if they weren't DIRECT QUOTES of your Lord himself, found in the holy, inspired scriptures?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (4Thomas @ April 29 2013,12:39)

Quote (Ed J @ April 26 2013,20:06)

Quote (4Thomas @ April 26 2013,18:13)

Grace
    Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Those are titles, NOT names.

[יהוה] GOD’s Name  [י] Yod [ה] Ha [ו] Vav [ה] Hey  …is pronounced  YÄ-hä-vā  &  [יה] YÄ

Jesus’ Hebrew name [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă has a direct connection to GOD’s name [יה] in that YÄ
    is the first part of Jesus’ Hebrew name. GOD’s name is not vocalized in the English translation
    of the name Jesus and therefore misses the precise exactness and direct authentic connection
    to God’s Hebrew name [יה] YÄ. Jesus’ Name in Hebrew means: (“YÄ is salvation” [יה]+[ישע]=[יהשוע]).

Therefore “Jesus” name [יהשוע] (YÄ-shü-ă) establishes YHVH (“YÄ-hä-vā”) or JEHOVAH as the Highest Name.

God bless

Thanks Ed,

Yes I understand that Gods name is YAH, as scripture reveals tell them that “I AM” sent you.

Praise the name of “I AM” which is why people say HalleluYah

Abijah                  אביה             My Father Is YAH          

Adaiah                 עדיה             YAH Has Adorned          

Adonijah              אדניה            YAH Is My Ruler

Ahaziah              YAH Has Seized – 1Chronicles 3:11

Ahijah                  My Redeemer Is YAH

Amariah              YAH Has Commanded

Amazyah             YAH Will Establish

Anaiah                 YAH Heeds

Ananiah               YAH Has Covered

Anthothijah          My Witness Is YAH

Asaiah                 YAH Will Bring To Pass

Athaiah                YAH Will Hasten

Athaliah                YAH Will Draw Together

Azaliah                 YAH Will Select

Azaniah               YAH Hears

Azariah                YAH Has Helped

Azaziah                YAH Will Prevail

Baaseiah             In The Gathering Of YAH

Bakbukiah           The Wasting Of YAH

Bealiah                YAH Is The Ruler

Bedeiah              Servant Of YAH

Benaiah               YAH Surely Will Build

Beraiah                YAH Is The Creator

Berechiah           Kneel To YAH

Besodeiah          In The Foundation Of YAH

Bithiah                 Daughter Of YAH

Bizjothjah             Contempt Of YAH

Bukkiah               YAH Will Waste

Chenaniah          YAH Has Planted

Conaniah            YAH Has Ordained

Coniah                 YAH Will Establish

Deliah                  YAH Will Draw Out

Dodaiah              Love Of YAH

Elijah                    My Mighty One is YAH

Gedaliah              YAH Is Magnificent

Gemariah            YAH Will Bring To Completion

Habaiah               YAH Will Hide

Hachaliah            Darkness Of YAH

Harhaiah              YAH Grows Hot In Anger

Hasadiah             YAH Will Reprove

Hashabiah           YAH Will Find Out

Hezekiah             YAH Will Prevail

Hilkiah                  YAH Is My Portion

Hodaiah               YAH Is Glorious

Hodaviah             YAH Is Majestic

Irijah                     Reverent Of YAH

Isaiah                   Salvation Of YAH

Ishaih                   YAH Will Exact

Ishmajah              YAH Will Hear

Ismachiah            YAH Will Sustain

Israhiah               YAH Will Rise Up

Jaazaniah           YAH Will Hearken

Jaaziah               YAH Will Be Fierce

Jahaziah             YAH Will Behold

Jeberedhiah       YAH Has Blessed

Jecamiah            YAH Will Establish

Jecholiah             YAH Will Enable

Jeconiah              YAH Will Provide

Jedaiah               YAH Has Known

Jedidiah              Beloved Of YAH

Jehdeiah             YAH Is A Unity

Jehiah                  YAH Will Restore To Life

Jehoadah            Advanced By YAH

Jehoaddan          Delightful To YAH

Jehoahaz            Seized By YAH

Jehoiachin          Ordained Of YAH

Jehoiada             Known Of YAH

Jehoiakim           Established By YAH

Jehoiarib             YAH Will Rebuke

Jehoram              YAH Is Exalted

Jehoshabeath    Sabbath Of YAH

Jehoshaphat       Judgement Of YAH

Jehosheba         Completion Of YAH

Jehozabad          YAH Will Confer

Jehozadak          YAH Is Righteousness

Jehu                     YAH Is He

Jehucal                YAH Is Able

Jekamiah            YAH Will Perform

Joab                    YAH Is Our Father

Joah                     YAH Is Our Kindred

Joannas              YAH Is Merciful

Joash                   Fire Of YAH

Jochebed            YAH Is Glorious

Joel                      YAH Is Our Strength

Joezer                  YAH Is Our Aid

Joha                     YAH Will Make Alive

Jonadab              Offer Willingly To YAH

Jonah                   Ornament Of YAH

Jonathan              YAH Has Given

Joshua               YAH Is Salvation (also known as Yah'shua)

Jothan                  YAH Is Perfect

Jozachar             YAH Marks

Kelaiah                YAH Will Despise

Kolaiah    
               Voice Of YAH

Kushaiah             Entrapped Of YAH

Maadiah              YAH Will Continue

Maaseiah            The Working Of YAH

Maaziah               YAH Will Cause To Save

Malchiah              Appointed By YAH

Mattaniah            Gift Of YAH

Melatiah              Cemented Of YAH

Melchiah              Appointed By YAH

Meraiah               Rebellion Against YAH

Meshelemiah      Ally Of YAH

Mikneiah              Brought Of YAH

Moadian              Appointed Feast Of YAH

Moriah                 Seen Of YAH

Neariah               Active For YAH

Nedabiah            Offer Freely To YAH

Nehemiah            YAH Has Consoled

Nethaniah            Shown Of YAH

Noadiah              Set Time For YAH

Obadiah              Worshiper Of YAH

Pedaiah              YAH Has Redeemed

Pekahiah             YAH Has Observed

Pelaiah                Separated Out By YAH

Pelaliah               Judgement Of YAH

Pelatiah               YAH Will Cause To Escape

Pethahiah            YAH Has Drawn Out

Raamiah              YAH Has Shaken

Ramiah                YAH Has Exalted

Reaiah                 YAH Has Marked

Rechabiah           YAH Will Enlarge

Reelaiah              YAH Will Cause To Reel

Remaliah             YAH Will Bedeck

Rephaiah             YAH Is The Physician

Semachiah          YAH Will Bear Up

Seraiah                YAH Prevails

Shamariah          YAH Will Guard

Shebaniah          Growth In YAH

Shechaniah         YAH Will Inhabit

Shechariah          YAH Seeks Diligently

Shelemiah           Peace Offering To YAH

Shemaiah            YAH Will Call Together

Shemariah          YAH Has Guarded

Sheriah                YAH Has Separated

Tobiah                 Righteousness Of YAH

Uriah                    YAH Will Set Afire

Uzziah                  Strength Of YAH

Vaniah                 YAH Will Witness

Yah'shua, the name Jesus is far above all other names, even though some try and reduce it by calling it Joshua, they could also quote one of the many other names of YAH. It is the name *far* above every name in heaven and earth in this world and the world to come because it is the name that God with us [God in the flesh] received from his Father when the eternal Son came in his Fathers name to save mankind from their sins.              

Grace
    Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I don't see any 'i am's' in there?  (Link)
    'i am' has become the sacred cow of religion. (see 2Thess.2:3-4)
    “For many shall come in my name, saying, 'i am'; and shall deceive many.” (Mark 13:6)

God bless

4Thomas
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 30 2013,13:49)
    Okay Daniel,

You brought up this scripture earlier:

John 8 NIV ©
    24 “I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be , you will indeed die in your sins.”

25 “Who are you?” they asked.

Just what I have been telling you from the beginning,” Jesus replied.

Jesus said these words in John 8:25, so I thought I'd go back through the entire book of John, using only words that JESUS himself said, and find out exactly WHO Jesus had been telling them all along that he was.  Here's what I came up with:

1.  Is the Son OF God.  (3:16)
    2.  Was given BY God.  (3:16)
    3.  Was sent BY God.  (3:17)
    4.  Has had all things placed in his hands BY God.  (3:35)
    5.  Is a prophet OF God.  (4:44)
    6.  Can do nothing on his own.  (5:19)
    7.  Was granted BY God to have life in him.  (5:26)
    8.  Has been given authority to judge BY God.  (5:27)
    9.  God is someone OTHER THAN Jesus, who testifies in Jesus' favor.  (5:32)
    10.  The Jews had never seen God or heard His voice, although they clearly saw and heard the voice of the one God sent.  (5:37)
    11.  Came in the name OF his God.  (5:43)
    12.  Gives thanks TO his God.  (6:11)
    13.  Has been given the seal of approval BY his God.  (6:27)
    14.  Does the work OF his God, as the one his God has SENT.  (6:29)
    15.  Is the bread OF God.  (6:33)
    16.  Has been given disciples BY God.  (6:37)
    17.  Does the will OF his God.  (6:38)
    18.  Is FROM God, whom no one has ever seen.  (6:46)
    19.  Lives BECAUSE OF his God.  (6:57)
    20.  Says his teachings are not his own, but come FROM the God who sent him.  (7:16-17)
    21.  Is FROM the One who SENT him.  (7:28-29)
    22.  Will go TO the God who SENT him.  (7:33)
    23.  Jesus is one, and the God who SENT him is his OTHER witness.  (8:18)

Daniel, do you think you can come up with even one direct quote of Jesus where he himself claimed to BE the God who sent him, or even equal TO that God?

And even if you could, would you just ignore these 23 that I've listed – as if they weren't DIRECT QUOTES of your Lord himself, found in the holy, inspired scriptures?

Very very simple Mike, all the scriptures you use to try and deny that Jesus is true God are in relation to the Word taking flesh. As a man Jesus was indeed a Prophet and Priest. Jesus needed the Father to grant him life and he needed the Father to place his seal of approval on him, not just this though Jesus also needed to eat, sleep and he could also die. Mike please note I believe Jesus derives his very substance eternally from his Father the Origin -this is how they are one. the Father is the eternal source of the Son. Jesus is the very expressed image of the Father himself, thats why when you see the Father you see the Son, thats why when you Deny the Son you deny the Father.

Would Jesus be the a high priest, the bread of life etc etc if he had *not* became a man???? You need to look at Jesus, God the Word ***BEFORE**** HE HUMBLED HIMSELF FOR –OUR SAKE– TO TAKE ON FLESH to save us of our sins.

I believe it’s a sin to point to scriptures where Jesus has taken flesh and say hey look at that, he can’t be God he’s a high priest  he’s the breed of life. The Hebrew & Aramaic name for where Jesus was born in Bêthlehem, means “house of bread” and in Arabic form bêt lahm, it means “house of meat”, now we know Jesus was born in a feeding though, a manger “manger” (which means “to eat”)..
    Jesus is the “tree of life” in the new paradise that why scripture declares that they saw Jesus hanging on a tree when crucified. The revelations of Jesus being the Lamb of God, High Priest the new Passover, Melchizedek etc etc are all in relation to Jesus sacrifice that he offers us, this revelations are intense but there is no point in having a understanding of these unless you understand *what* Jesus is before he took on flesh.

So let’s look at Jesus before he took flesh, let’s look at what SCRIPTURE teaches about *WHAT* Jesus was before he came in the flesh. Then we know who it was that came in the flesh and we will know if we have the right Jesus.

4Thomas
    Participant

Mike please let me know if this is ok with you and please understand I am only interested in the truth.

Jesus saves
    Daniel

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 288 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account