Where is God?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ July 13 2011,13:58)
    WM,
    Jesus is the image of God…

Is not MAN also the Image of God?

Yes we are ,but we are not all these other things:

The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being  

although He existed in the form of God

all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form

Who being in very nature God

Sorry, I combined a couple of scriptures into a thought and failed to list other scriptures that support the emphasis (actual) added.

Wm

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ July 13 2011,23:59)
    Who is the ONE PERSON WHO VOTED FOR the first item …. in the poll?

it is me,that believe and know that scriptures says that God throne is in heaven,

it seems you have now a other misinterpretation and misguided appearance to teach?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

istari

but you knew that already ,right,because it is mention in previous pages,:D :D

Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 13 2011,13:00)
    Hi Marty,

I agree with your post, except I think we have different understandings of God dwelling “IN” someone.  I don't think the Being of God could ever be within a human being.

But I do agree that God CAN BE anywhere and everywhere He wants to be through Spirit OR in Person.  But He is not ALWAYS “everywhere all the time”, for He is said to dwell IN HEAVEN.

peace,
    mike

Hi Mike:

This is where I get my understanding relative to God dwelling with a born again Christian:

6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

1Cr 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

1Cr 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

The same God who dwelled within Jesus by His Spirit or the Holy Ghost is the same Spirit that dwells within a born again believer:

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

And Jesus states the following here:

Jhn 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou [then], Shew us the Father?

Jhn 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 13 2011,12:37)

Quote (942767 @ July 13 2011,19:07)
    Hi:

Isa 66:1 ¶ Thus saith the LORD, The heaven [is] my throne, and the earth [is] my footstool: where [is] the house that ye build unto me? and where [is] the place of my rest

His Throne is in heaven, but he can be everywhere by His Spirit.

Psa 139:7   Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?  

Psa 139:8   If I ascend up into heaven, thou [art] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [art there].

If you have been born again, God dwells within you by His Spirit, but no, He does not dwell within the body of an unbeliever:

Rom 8:9   But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.  

Rom 8:10   And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.  

Rom 8:11   But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.  

1Cr 3:16   Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?  

God is a living person and with a mind, a will, and emotions, and this is his soul which dwells in heaven, but he can be everywhere by His Spirit, and His thoughts are revealed to us by His Spirit.

1Cr 2:7   But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, [even] the hidden [wisdom], which God ordained before the world unto our glory:  

1Cr 2:8   Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known [it], they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.  

1Cr 2:9   But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.  

1Cr 2:10   But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.  

1Cr 2:11   For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.  

1Cr 2:12   Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.  

1Cr 2:13   Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

if you read your own quote and scriptures you will see I hope that the word spirit means not always the same thing

or is it the same thing all of the time ?

Pierre

Hi Pierre:

What do you think?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 14 2011,09:58)

Hi:

Isa 66:1 ¶ Thus saith the LORD, The heaven [is] my throne, and the earth [is] my footstool: where [is] the house that ye build unto me? and where [is] the place of my rest

Psa 139:7   Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?  

Psa 139:8   If I ascend up into heaven, thou [art] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [art there].

If you have been born again, God dwells within you by His Spirit, but no, He does not dwell within the body of an unbeliever:

Rom 8:9   But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.  

Rom 8:10   And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.  

Rom 8:11   But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.  

1Cr 3:16   Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?  

God is a living person and with a mind, a will, and emotions, and this is his soul which dwells in heaven, but he can be everywhere by His Spirit, and His thoughts are revealed to us by His Spirit.

1Cr 2:7   But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, [even] the hidden [wisdom], which God ordained before the world unto our glory:  

1Cr 2:8   Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known [it], they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.  

1Cr 2:9   But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.  

1Cr 2:10   But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.  

1Cr 2:11   For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.  

1Cr 2:12   Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.  

1Cr 2:13   Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

if you read your own quote and scriptures you will see I hope that the word spirit means not always the same thing

Pierre

Hi Pierre:

What do you think?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

of what ?

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 14 2011,04:40)

Quote (942767 @ July 14 2011,09:58)

Hi:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Pierre

Hi Pierre:

What do you think?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

of what ?

Hi Pierre:

You asked a question relative to the spirit being the same thing all the time or not?

What do you think?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 13 2011,14:38)
    Marty

Can a whale of 60ton go anywhere ? answer is NO he only can go where his volume AND WHEIGHT allows him to go;right; yes

DO YOU SEE AND UNDERSTAND WHAT GODS TELL US?

Pierre

HI Pierre:

Yes, I understand what God has said, but not what saying by your illustration relative to the whale.

God is not restricted by weight or anything else execpt that He will not do anything contrary to His Word.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 14 2011,11:48)

Marty

Can a whale of 60ton go anywhere ? answer is NO he only can go where his volume AND WHEIGHT allows him to go;right; yes

Pierre

HI Pierre:

Yes, I understand what God has said, but not what saying by your illustration relative to the whale.

God is not restricted by weight or anything else execpt that He will not do anything contrary to His Word.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

scriptures seems not to teach you anything does it,

Gods powers are not restricted but at the same time if the sun would be 2000km or so;closer to earth it would burn us

and no live would be possible on it ,and God his more light and power than the sun,

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Marty

Pierre

HI Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

then why do you not answer the question ?

Pierre

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 14 2011,05:28)

Marty

Pierre

HI Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Pierre

Hi Pierre;

I have already told you by His Word, and you did not understand, and so, if you do not understand by His Word, there is but one thing for me to do, and that is to pray for you.

The Word of God states that God can be everywhere by His Spirit. Do you understand this or not?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 14 2011,13:24)

Marty

Pierre

HI Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Pierre

Hi Pierre;

I have already told you by His Word, and you did not understand, and so, if you do not understand by His Word, there is but one thing for me to do, and that is to pray for you.

The Word of God states that God can be everywhere by His Spirit.  Do you understand this or not?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

marty

where in scriptures it say so ?

Pierre

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 14 2011,06:43)

Marty

Pierre

HI Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Pierre

Hi Pierre;

The Word of God states that God can be everywhere by His Spirit.  Do you understand this or not?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

marty

Pierre

Psalm 139

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 14 2011,14:20)

Quote (terraricca @ July 14 2011,06:43)

Marty

Pierre

HI Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Pierre

Hi Pierre;

Love in Christ,
    Marty

marty

Pierre

Psalm 139

marty

which line of thougth you see in Psalm 139 that supports your view of God being everywhere?

Ps 139:1 O LORD, you have searched me
    and you know me.
    Ps 139:2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
    you perceive my thoughts from afar.
    Ps 139:3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
    you are familiar with all my ways.
    Ps 139:4 Before a word is on my tongue
    you know it completely, O LORD.

Ps 139:5 You hem me in—behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Ps 139:6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Ps 139:7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
    Ps 139:8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
    Ps 139:9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
    Ps 139:10 even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.

Ps 139:11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
    Ps 139:12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you.

Ps 139:13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
    Ps 139:14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
    Ps 139:15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place.
    When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
    Ps 139:16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
    All the days ordained for me
    were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.

Ps 139:17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
    Ps 139:18 Were I to count them,
    they would outnumber the grains of sand.
    When I awake,
    I am still with you.

Ps 139:19 If only you would slay the wicked, O God!
    Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!
    Ps 139:20 They speak of you with evil intent;
    your adversaries misuse your name.
    Ps 139:21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD,
    and abhor those who rise up against you?
    Ps 139:22 I have nothing but hatred for them;
    I count them my enemies.

Ps 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
    Ps 139:24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting.

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ July 12 2011,23:38)
    Mike,

Thank you for letting me no where your previous post is. I will be limited for time for the next several days and may not be able to back to this issue as I have other priorities at this time. I also plan to attend a funeral for my sister in another state in a few days and most likely will not be able to post during that time. God blesh everyone here and so increase each of our understanding of his love and his teachings.

Whenever, Kerwin.

I'm not going anywhere……………that I know of. :)

I'm sorry for the loss of your sister, but I hope you do enjoy the traveling and time away from home and seeing family, etc.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ July 13 2011,09:11)

it is me,that believe and know that scriptures says that God throne is in heaven,

Pierre

Me too.  I don't know why only one vote shows up for “Heaven”.

IMO, the D-Linquent who created this poll should not have had “ONLY IN Heaven” as a choice, but simply “Heaven”.

The former sounds like God is “restrained” to heaven and couldn't leave if He wanted to.  But we know that God Himself walked in the Garden of Eden looking for Adam.

So He apparently came to Earth at least once in scripture.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (942767 @ July 13 2011,09:53)
    The same God who dwelled within Jesus by His Spirit or the Holy Ghost is the same Spirit that dwells within a born again believer:

Hi Marty,

But the BEING of God surely didn't LITERALLY dwell within Jesus, or Jesus would have never taught us that God is IN HEAVEN.  Nor would he have looked UP to heaven when blessing food or praying.

IMO, this is figurative speech and should not be taken to mean the BEING of God is LITERALLY inside any human being.

God can “dwell within you” though His Spirit.  I imagine it to mean that God can send and receive thoughts, give you feelings such as love and joy, and even speak through your mouth if need be.  But “He” is “dwelling in you” vicariously through Spirit, or “extension”; for the BEING of God dwells in heaven.

But thanks for your explanation and scriptures.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 14 2011,17:47)

Quote (terraricca @ July 13 2011,09:11)

Pierre

Me too.  I don't know why only one vote shows up for “Heaven”.

IMO, the D-Linquent who created this poll should not have had “ONLY IN Heaven” as a choice, but simply “Heaven”.

The former sounds like God is “restrained” to heaven and couldn't leave if He wanted to.  But we know that God Himself walked in the Garden of Eden looking for Adam.

So He apparently came to Earth at least once in scripture.

Mike

i do not believe that God walk on the earth,look at what happen in the desert when he appeared to Moses

it must have been the son of God

Pr 8:30 Then I was the craftsman at his side.
    I was filled with delight day after day,
    rejoicing always in his presence,
    Pr 8:31 rejoicing in his whole world
    and delighting in mankind.

,my question would also include where was the cherub that was looking after the garden now ?

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 12 2011,23:12)
    Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”

Hi Wm,

Jesus was NEVER “worshipped” by anyone.  The Greek word “proskuneo”, which can either mean “worship” (as is due to God ALONE), or “bowing to show reverence to ANY man”, is the word often MISTAKENLY rendered by Trinitarian translations as “worship” in reference to Jesus.  The word in reference to God means “worship”; but in reference to Jesus, King David, Samuel, Abraham, or any of the other MANY people in the scriptures who were bowed down to, the word is correctly translated as “did obeisance to”.

Jesus himself told Satan and us the ONLY One to worship – and that One sure wasn't himself.  In fact, in John 4:22, Jesus included himself as a worshipper OF that One.

But this is all off topic, Wm.  The topic remains “Where is God?”

I've posted this reply HERE, in case you or Kathi want to discuss this subject further. Please don't continue on with this discussion in the “Where is God?” thread.

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Pierre,

I almost went back and edited that part out, so as not to distract from the topic of the thread.  :)

Is the question, “Did God Himself walk through the Garden of Eden?” close enough to the topic for us to discuss it here?

Do any of you mind if we discuss this here?

mike

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account