Where is God?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,

God is spirit ,this means that what ever he says or want it is his will,and truth,

God is spirit means that He is not flesh but is spirit. God is God, that is why what ever He says or wants is His will and truth.

Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ July 10 2011,14:50)
    How can God be in heaven and his house be on earth?

Throughout the OT, God's Temple is said to be where His NAME resides.  God doesn't live on earth, but in heaven.

I do not know where that post is nor have I read it but I do know what scripture tells me about the Presence of the Lord.

The post where I mentioned my understanding and the presence of the U.S.A. is the last post on page 4.

I also mentioned many scriptures that tell where God dwells.  I could have also added many more from Jesus himself, who ALWAYS referred to our Father “who is in heaven”.  Jesus also looked UP to heaven when addressing God – not DOWN to the earth or OVER at some tree or mountain, or OUT to sea, etc.

Creation exists within the dimensions God set on it while God does not have such limits.

That makes no difference in my mind.  If God is truly omnipresent, then He is everywhere all the time.  If that is the case, He also exists WITHIN as well as WITHOUT the “dimensions He set on His creation”.  

Kerwin, imagine your computer.  It is plastic and electronics, right?  But if God is truly omnipresent, then He fills up the space you think your computer is filling right now.  So your computer is made up of God, and therefore IS God.'

Something that IS God cannot share space with something that is NOT God, all the way down to the molecular level and beyond.

One could not say God is ominpresent thinking He is all AROUND US, for that is not what the word means.  It means that God is in every minute area of space that we are also in.  And since the material that fills up one particular molecule-sized area of space cannot be both “God” AND “not God”, something has to give.  

It is simple in my mind that if God is truly EVERYWHERE, then EVERYTHING is God – including you, me, AND your computer.

peace,
    mike

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 11 2011,08:50)
    Mike Boll,

What do you suppose that scripture means, Kerwin?

The words “Do not I fill heaven and earth?” in Jeremiah 23:23-24 are a rhetorical question that asks why anyone would doubt that God is large enough to fill all he creates.

I understand it to mean that the PRESENCE of God is everywhere, as I explained about the U.S.A. in a previous post on this thread.

I do not know where that post is nor have I read it but I do know what scripture tells me about the Presence of the Lord.

Genesis 3:8
    King James Version (KJV)
    8And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

Genesis 4:16
    King James Version (KJV)
    16And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

1.  If God is omnipresent, then God is EVERYWHERE WITHOUT EXCEPTION.

That would mean that the whole of the creation of God is not really a creation OF God, but God Himself.  It means that God IS everything in existence.  God is me and therefore I am God, etc.

Creation exists within the dimensions God set on it while God does not have such limits.  After all Creation does have its being in God.

Acts 17
    King James Version (KJV)

28For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

2.  If God is omnipresent, then scripture contradicts itself.  Jesus CLEARLY and without mincing words told us exactly WHERE our God is – in heaven.

Both points must be true for God to truly be omnipresent.  And if both points are true, then Jesus lied to us and I am God.

Isaiah 66
    King James Version (KJV)
    1Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
    2For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

How can God be in heaven and his house be on earth?  I ask as it’s a variation of the same mystery you propose and the answer is similar.  The highest heaven is God’s throne because it is the place he chose for his seat of authority.  A throne after all is the seat of “power, dignity, or rank”, see throne at thefreedictionary.com,  of the one who sits on it.

Isaiah 66
    1Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

There was this bad fever going around my town when I was a teenager.  People were hallucinating with it.  I remember lying in bed with my eyes closed. I had this feeling of this thing getting bigger and bigger every heartbeat, closer and closer… (it's the only way I can describe it). Anyway my point is, I believe the Universe is so huge, that when it says this verse above, it has meaning. God is love and we have Gods love but soon we will be in Gods love completly. If you continue on the right path then Gods love does indeed get bigger and bigger and closer and closer and is in the heart and eventually when we are dead, and risen to be with God then God will be all in all…

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 11 2011,15:29)
    Pierre,

God is spirit ,this means that what ever he says or want it is his will,and truth,

God is spirit means that He is not flesh but is spirit.  God is God, that is why what ever He says or wants is His will and truth.

Kathi

Kathi

God is spirit does not mean that Gos is not flesh
    flesh as nothing the do with it ,

all know that spirit does not mean sand ,stone,flesh,bones,etc;;

Pierre

shimmer
    Participant

1st Corin 2:9-16

It is written, “Things which an eye didn't see, and an ear didn't hear, which didn't enter into the heart of man, these God has prepared for those who love him.”

But to us, God revealed them through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.  For who among men knows the things of a man, except the spirit of the man, which is in him? Even so, no one knows the things of God, except God's Spirit.  But we received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is from God, that we might know the things that were freely given to us by God.  Which things also we speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual things.

Now the natural man doesn't receive the things of God's Spirit, for they are foolishness to him, and he can't know them, because they are spiritually discerned.  But he who is spiritual discerns all things, and he himself is judged by no one.  “For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he should instruct him?” But we have Christ's mind.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ July 11 2011,02:56)
    From Kerwin to Mikeboll,

It means that you, like most if not all of us here, have yet more to learn.

Ha ha ha – what a day … Ha ha ha

From Istari to Mikeboll64,
    “You have much to learn young paduwan” and
    “Your powers are weak, old Man!”

Fancy a Scholar like Mikeboll asking for PROOF that God is OMNIPRESENT…

Ha ha ha – that is SO SO funny – ha ha ha…

2 Peter 3:3
    knowing this first, that in the last days mockers shall come with mockery, walking after their own lusts,

I don't think you realise that your methods work against you much of the time.

I mean have a laugh and yes mock a weak argument when it is justified. But mocking all the time makes a person a mocker.

shimmer
    Participant

One could not say God is ominpresent thinking He is all AROUND US, for that is not what the word means. It means that God is in every minute area of space that we are also in. And since the material that fills up one particular molecule-sized area of space cannot be both “God” AND “not God”, something has to give.

Malachi 4

“For, behold, the day comes, it burns as a furnace; and all the proud, and all who work wickedness, will be stubble; and the day that comes will burn them up,” says Yahweh of Armies, “that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. But to you who fear my name shall the sun of righteousness arise with healing in its wings. You will go out, and leap like calves of the stall. You shall tread down the wicked; for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I make,” says Yahweh of Armies.  

1st Corinthians 15

“When all things have been subjected to him, then the Son will also himself be subjected to him who subjected all things to him, that God may be all in all.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ July 11 2011,17:35)
    1st Corin 2:9-16

It is written, “Things which an eye didn't see, and an ear didn't hear, which didn't enter into the heart of man, these God has prepared for those who love him.”

But to us, God revealed them through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.  For who among men knows the things of a man, except the spirit of the man, which is in him? Even so, no one knows the things of God, except God's Spirit.  But we received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is from God, that we might know the things that were freely given to us by God.  Which things also we speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual things.

Now the natural man doesn't receive the things of God's Spirit, for they are foolishness to him, and he can't know them, because they are spiritually discerned.  But he who is spiritual discerns all things, and he himself is judged by no one.  “For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he should instruct him?” But we have Christ's mind.

shimmer

read this ;these God has prepared for those who love him

you see that ,do you love God ?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ July 11 2011,18:04)

One could not say God is ominpresent thinking He is all AROUND US, for that is not what the word means. It means that God is in every minute area of space that we are also in. And since the material that fills up one particular molecule-sized area of space cannot be both “God” AND “not God”, something has to give.

Malachi 4

“For, behold, the day comes, it burns as a furnace; and all the proud, and all who work wickedness, will be stubble; and the day that comes will burn them up,” says Yahweh of Armies, “that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. But to you who fear my name shall the sun of righteousness arise with healing in its wings. You will go out, and leap like calves of the stall. You shall tread down the wicked; for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I make,” says Yahweh of Armies.  

1st Corinthians 15

“When all things have been subjected to him, then the Son will also himself be subjected to him who subjected all things to him, that God may be all in all.

Shimmer

1st Corinthians 15

When all things have been subjected to him

how you think this will be done ?

Pierre

shimmer
    Participant

Terrarica, I don't know if it's safe to answer you. I could always do Kathis tactic… and say 'love to you' or 'sweet dreams'….

OK, love to you Terrarica. It doesn't mean I have to like all you say though.

When all things have been subjected to him

how you think this will be done ?

By fire.
    2nd Peter 3 -Malachi 4 – Daniel 3

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ July 11 2011,11:04)

Malachi 4

1st Corinthians 15

Shimmer! This earth has been reserved for the destruction of the wicked. Jesus will come back as

Rev 19:13 And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Rev 19:14 And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Rev 19:16 And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Mal 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

Mal 4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do [this], saith the LORD of hosts.

you are right when Jesus will have put all under submisssion, He will give the Kingdom back to Almighty God. And He will come down with the New Jerusalem and will dwell with men.

Rev 21:1 ¶ And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, [and be] their God.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

To that day I am forever looking forward to….

Peace ansd Love Irene

shimmer
    Participant

Irene, we agree on this.

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 11 2011,02:19)

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 08 2011,18:29)
    I said that God is everywhere, but I see “God” as an office where Jesus is His agent here, and the Holy Spirit within us, has our realm covered and scripture is clear that the Father seats in Heaven (the spiritual realm).

Now if the question had been “where is the Father”, I would have said heaven only. However I believe that the Father sits above our reality “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool”.

My opinion – Wm

William,
    Doesn't this say that the Father is or at least can be present everywhere by His Spirit?

Psalm 139
    7Where can I go from Your Spirit?
            Or where can I flee from Your presence?
    8If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
            If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.

9If I take the wings of the dawn,
            If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,

10Even there Your hand will lead me,
            And Your right hand will lay hold of me.

Love to you Bro,
    Kathi

Kathi,
    Great scripture, but I believe that the Father has an awareness of living things throughout creation but He is not “physically” present anywhere in our reality.

From my journal of what I believe, my “attempt” to put God in a “box”:

God– There is only one “true” God as HE is the source of/for everything. And there is only one “true” Lord as Jesus was placed in authority of everything by the Father. Any other gods or lords are positions and powers within creation not necessarily under subjection to the Father or His Son at this time.

I believe the Father exists outside/above all of His creation(s) yet His awareness of all living things somehow permeates both heaven and earth. He is so far beyond His creation(s), that He interacts vicariously through His “agents” (His Son and the Holy Spirit), that is why Jesus came explaining the Father.  

The Father is the personage of “God” while the Son as His “agent” (Lord of Heaven and Earth) is within the office of God. God is not a name, but is a title to a position. The Father is far greater then all including the Son. The Son is the image of the Father and contains the nature of the Father (all that can be perceived of the Father by those of us in this reality) and is God’s representative and is in all ways God to us while acknowledging the Father as His God. The Holy Spirit is God’s Spirit but somehow the nature of the spiritual reality has “it” existing separately, possibly similar to Jesus being an image of the Father in this reality so the Holy Spirit is a manifestation of the Father in the spirit realm.

I believe Jesus and the Holy Spirit are different manifestations of the Father. The best I can do is draw a vague comparison to water. If an endless supply of water was to represent the Father and He removed all heat from a section of the water, then a solid chunk of ice will manifest everywhere the cold intersects with the water. If He further creates another pocket of several hundred degrees then everywhere the water is heated will turn to steam. The water will not have been diminished, or changed into something besides water, there would only be different manifestations, of the same water. Now the water existed before the cold, but did not manifest as ice because the “new environment” wasn’t there to support it.

With the foundation of our reality laid, God was manifested in this new reality as everything our reality could possibly support of the Father (but was far short of the whole). Now this manifestation was the pre-incarnate Jesus (“God manifest in the flesh”) having a separate identity but “the exact representation of his being”, manifested at the birth of our reality, He was 'supreme over all creation' and “existed in the form of God”, and it was by this manifestation that 'the world was made through him'.

This manifestation having the makings of this reality, but with the essence of God, was at the opportune time sent to pay the ransom for all men and fulfill the secret of God, to make possible the age of grace.

This essence of the Father’s corporeal manifestation was emptied of all but the nature of God and impregnated into Mary in a manner that she remained a virgin. This image of the Father was born into a child, not having a sin nature, but fully human.

My opinion – Wm

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi William,
    Thank you again for your explanation. So, I think that you believe in the deity of Christ, right? What do you think the Son was before He was manifested? Was He a different person from the Father or even a person at all?

Blessings,
    Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi All,

The topic remains “Where is God?”

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Will any of the “Omnipresent” people address my point?

If God is truly omnipresent, then He is everywhere WITHOUT EXCEPTION. If that is the case, God fills up the space that is you and me. And if it is God who occupies the space that is us, then wouldn't we BE God?

It would also mean that God occupies the space that is Satan, and therefore Satan would also BE God.

Any thoughts?

shimmer
    Participant

Was reading this tonight, couldn't help but notice the last words. So I'll post the whole thing…

False Prophets and Empty Oracles

9 My heart within me is broken
    Because of the prophets;
    All my bones shake.
    I am like a drunken man,
    And like a man whom wine has overcome,
    Because of the LORD,
    And because of His holy words.
    10 For the land is full of adulterers;
    For because of a curse the land mourns.
    The pleasant places of the wilderness are dried up.
    Their course of life is evil,
    And their might is not right.
    11 “ For both prophet and priest are profane;
    Yes, in My house I have found their wickedness,” says the LORD.
    12 “ Therefore their way shall be to them
    Like slippery ways;
    In the darkness they shall be driven on
    And fall in them;
    For I will bring disaster on them,
    The year of their punishment,” says the LORD.
    13 “ And I have seen folly in the prophets of Samaria:
    They prophesied by Baal
    And caused My people Israel to err.
    14 Also I have seen a horrible thing in the prophets of Jerusalem:
    They commit adultery and walk in lies;
    They also strengthen the hands of evildoers,
    So that no one turns back from his wickedness.
    All of them are like Sodom to Me,
    And her inhabitants like Gomorrah.

15 “Therefore thus says the LORD of hosts concerning the prophets:

‘ Behold, I will feed them with wormwood,
    And make them drink the water of gall;
    For from the prophets of Jerusalem
    Profaneness has gone out into all the land.’”

16 Thus says the LORD of hosts:

“ Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you.
    They make you worthless;
    They speak a vision of their own heart,
    Not from the mouth of the LORD.
    17 They continually say to those who despise Me,
    ‘ The LORD has said, “You shall have peace”’;
    And to everyone who walks according to the dictates of his own heart, they say,

‘ No evil shall come upon you.’”
    18 For who has stood in the counsel of the LORD,
    And has perceived and heard His word?
    Who has marked His word and heard it?
    19 Behold, a whirlwind of the LORD has gone forth in fury—
    A violent whirlwind!
    It will fall violently on the head of the wicked.
    20 The anger of the LORD will not turn back
    Until He has executed and performed the thoughts of His heart.
    In the latter days you will understand it perfectly.
    21 “ I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran.
    I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.
    22 But if they had stood in My counsel,
    And had caused My people to hear My words,
    Then they would have turned them from their evil way
    And from the evil of their doings.

23 “ Am I a God near at hand,” says the LORD,
    “ And not a God afar off?
    24 Can anyone hide himself in secret places,
    So I shall not see him?” says the LORD;

“ Do I not fill heaven and earth?” says the LORD.

terraricca
    Participant

shimme
    Jer23 ;
    21 I sent not the prophets, yet they ran: neither spoke I to them, yet they prophesied. 22 But if they had stood in my counsel, and if they had hearkened to my words, then would they have turned my people from their evil practices.

23 I am a God nigh at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afar off. 24 Shall any one hide himself in secret places, and I not see him? Do I not fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord.

25 I have heard what the prophets say, what they prophesy in my name, saying falsely, I have seen a night vision. 26 How long shall these things be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies, when they prophesy the purposes of their own heart? 27 who devise that men may forget my law by their dreams, which they have told every one to his neighbour, as their fathers forgot my name in the worship of Baal. 28 The prophet who has a dream, let him tell his dream; and he in whom is my word spoken to him, let him tell my word truly: what is the chaff to the corn? so are my words, saith the Lord. 29 Behold, are not my words as fire? saith the Lord; and as an axe cutting the rock?

Do I not fill heaven and earth? so what you think it means ?

Mt 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
    for they will see God.

Ex 33:20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”

1Ch 29:11 Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power
    and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
    for everything in heaven and earth is yours.

Isa 37:16 “O LORD Almighty, God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim, you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth.
    Jer 23:24 Can anyone hide in secret places
    so that I cannot see him?”

Ac 14:15 “Men, why are you doing this? We too are only men, human like you. We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made heaven and earth and sea and everything in them.
    Ac 17:24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.

Pierre

Jer 51:48 Then heaven and earth and all that is in them
    will shout for joy over Babylon,
    for out of the north
    destroyers will attack her,”
    declares the LORD.

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 12 2011,10:27)

If God is truly omnipresent, then He is everywhere WITHOUT EXCEPTION.  If that is the case, God fills up the space that is you and me.  And if it is God who occupies the space that is us, then wouldn't we BE God?

It would also mean that God occupies the space that is Satan, and therefore Satan would also BE God.

Any thoughts?

Mike,
    As I stated above “I believe that the Father has an awareness of living things throughout creation but He is not “physically” present anywhere in our reality.” otherwise why would I need to be filled with the Holy Spirit, He would already be in me.

The question is what constitutes a presence? If your setting in your office and I was monitoring a camera watching and listening to your every move, do I have a presence? I think so, but I physically wouldn't even be in the same state or possible even the same country. If the Father did not have such universal awareness how would He know when a sparrow falls? It should be noted however God can through His Spirit or His Son have a more tangible presence allowing Him to interact.

I believe this line of reasoning is consistent with scripture.

My opinion – Wm

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 12 2011,14:27)

If God is truly omnipresent, then He is everywhere WITHOUT EXCEPTION.  If that is the case, God fills up the space that is you and me.  And if it is God who occupies the space that is us, then wouldn't we BE God?

Any thoughts?

Haha, you say the funniest thing's Mike.

Sometimes, maybe, people can't answer your questions simply because they do not KNOW!

It's like asking a Cow in a Paddock to explain the Internet or even how a Car works.  It WON'T KNOW!

If the Bible say's God is everywhere, then God is. Somehow!

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account