What's with Paladin?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 20 2011,13:13)
    Hi All

Lets face it, I have been here for a long time and have never seen anyone have a problem with William until Mike came along.

I wasn't aware that I had a problem with Wm.

Wm, do I have a problem with you?

Participant

Quote (Pastry @ July 21 2011,10:10)

Quote (942767 @ July 21 2011,06:52)
    Hi Mike:

I agree with what William and WJ have said relative to your accusation about someone not answering your questions, and I will add that I believe that Paladin has answered your questions.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty!  And where do you see that?  Because I have not seen that from Paladin at all.  All He said was, that you can't answer that question with a yes, or no.  That is bull……Peace Irene

Hi Irene:

Sometimes, one cannot answer a question just yes or no. Mike was trying to compare the word “Echo” as used in two different set of circumstances.

I have seen Paladin answer Mike's questions and in spite of his personal medical situation and what I see as Mike's continual harassement.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Pastry
    Participant

Marty! Should I tell you what all is wrong with my physical well being? I don;t believe that gives us any reason to not answer a question put to us. Even the one about the “echo”. He could just say “I don't know.” That would have satisfied Mike. You just can't say that I should believe you over Mike when you have no prove.
    1Th 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good

Peace Irene

seekingtruth
    Participant

Well Keith,

I've just shown Wm's accusation to be inaccurate, didn't I?

Mike,
    Let's look at this one question at a time. Do not add to it, move forward or change topic, let's resolve this question first.

From your first post to me, this was your question:

Let me try this one:

Welcomed me as if I were a football player, as if I were Terry Bradshaw himself.

Is Terry Bradshaw in this exercise of a “higer status” than a football player?  What if the player I named was someone much lessor known?

mike

My response:

Well I'm not a Steelers fan, now if I said Welcomed me as if I were a football player, as if I were Walter Payton himself. and if I was addressing Bears fans most would see my reference to Payton as to one who is the very epitome of a great football player.

Now if you inserted a lessor player you would be insulting me.

Wm

Does it, or does it not, answer your question?

Participant

Quote (Pastry @ July 22 2011,02:09)
    Marty!  Should I tell you what all is wrong with my physical well being?  I don;t believe that gives us any reason to not answer a question put to us.  Even the one about the “echo”.  He could just say “I don't know.”  That would have satisfied Mike.   You just can't say that I should believe you over Mike when you have no prove.  
    1Th 5:21   Prove all things; hold fast that which is good

Peace Irene

Hi Mrs:

I am not going to argue with you. I will simply say that I believe that both you and Mike are wrong. Paladin may have not answered Mike with the simple yes or no, but he answered his questions.

You can believe whomever you wish.

It is the same with you. You keep posting the same scriptures over and over again although I have answered your questions.

Love in Christ,

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 22 2011,10:12)

Marty!  Should I tell you what all is wrong with my physical well being?  I don;t believe that gives us any reason to not answer a question put to us.  Even the one about the “echo”.  He could just say “I don't know.”  That would have satisfied Mike.   You just can't say that I should believe you over Mike when you have no prove.  

Peace Irene

Hi Mrs:

I am not going to argue with you.  I will simply say that I believe that both you and Mike are wrong.  Paladin may have not answered Mike with the simple yes or no, but he answered his questions.

It is the same with you.  You keep posting the same scriptures over and over again although I have answered your questions.  

Love in Christ,

Marty

a question is answered when there is a clear respond to it ,right

like yes,no ,or I do not know,Jas 5:12 Above all, my brothers, do not swear—not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. Let your “Yes” be yes, and your “No,” no, or you will be condemned.

now ;maybe ,yes and no,per ups ,could be ,if,,,,,ect
    are not answers but escapes to avoid answering or deviate from the answer,

Pierre

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 22 2011,03:32)

Peace Irene

Hi Mrs:

I am not going to argue with you.  I will simply say that I believe that both you and Mike are wrong.  Paladin may have not answered Mike with the simple yes or no, but he answered his questions.

It is the same with you.  You keep posting the same scriptures over and over again although I have answered your questions.  

Love in Christ,

Marty

like yes,no ,or I do not know,Jas 5:12 Above all, my brothers, do not swear—not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. Let your “Yes” be yes, and your “No,” no, or you will be condemned.

Pierre

Hi Pierre:

My answer is, no.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 22 2011,11:31)

Peace Irene

Hi Mrs:

Love in Christ,

Marty

Pierre

Hi Pierre:

My answer is, no.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

why ? no?

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 22 2011,04:37)

Quote (942767 @ July 22 2011,11:31)

Peace Irene

Hi Mrs:

Love in Christ,

Marty

Pierre

Hi Pierre:

My answer is, no.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

why ?  no?

Hi Pierre:

As, I said sometimes it requires that an answer be more than yes, no, or I do not know.

And so, I answered your question which you said would be satisfied by yes, no, or I do not know.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Marty

is this the question you are answering?Marty

a question is answered when there is a clear respond to it ,right ?

Pierre

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 21 2011,06:16)

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 20 2011,11:36)
    APOLOGIES FOR THE LONG POST BUT THIS IS THE COMPLETE HISTORY OF OUR DISCUSSION (LESS THE PM) IF YOU READ MY COMMENTS BELOW YOU WILL SEE THAT THE POSTS CLEARLY SHOW THAT I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION(S) THE WHOLE TIME YOU WERE ACCUSING ME OF NOT ANSWERING THEM.

Hi William

I didn't realize he put you through that misery also.

WJ

Keith,

William is one of the most well behaved and benevolent Christians here. What's with Mike?

Jack

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 22 2011,05:15)
    Marty

Pierre

Hi Pierre:

A question is answered when I give you a response to your question based on my understanding whether or not you understand it or agree with my response.

We have discussed the pre-existence of scriptures, and I have given you my understanding of the scriptures, and my understanding based on those scriptures is that Jesus did not pre-exist his birth into this world as a sentient person.

Obviously, you do not agree, but I have answered your questions pertaining to this subject.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 22 2011,14:49)

Marty

Pierre

Hi Pierre:

A question is answered when I give you a response to your question based on my understanding whether or not you understand it or agree with my response.

We have discussed the pre-existence of scriptures, and I have given you my understanding of the scriptures, and my understanding based on those scriptures is that Jesus did not pre-exist his birth into this world as a sentient person.

Obviously, you do not agree, but I have answered your questions pertaining to this subject.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

there are many who have different views of what the scriptures are teaching to them ,

but it is not at an other believer to try to change those views ,but only to make them aware of what it is,that is thought in the scriptures ,because it is on our heads to make sure that what we believe is the truth the way that the word of God teaches ,our own personal believe is not important,but the will of God is, ,so if you feel that you have and know is what you need and so is at your satisfaction so be it ,it is your head,not mine.

i only can bring you to the waters of truth but I can not make you to accept them.

Pierre

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 22 2011,08:15)

Marty

Pierre

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

there are many who have different views of what the scriptures are teaching to them ,

but it is not at an other believer to try to change those views ,but  only to make them aware of what it is,that  is thought  in the scriptures ,because it is on our heads to make sure that what we believe is the truth the way that the word of God teaches ,our own personal believe is not important,but the will of God is, ,so if you feel that you have and know is what you need and so is at your satisfaction so be it ,it is your head,not mine.

i only can bring you to the waters of truth but I can not make you to accept them.

Pierre

Hi Pierre:

There is a problem here in that both you and I believe that we are correct in what we are teaching, but one of us is obviously not correct.

And so, what I have suggested to you is that we pray and ask God to correct whomever is wrong, either me or you, so that we can teach the Word of God in unity and in truth.

I do not want to teach anything that is not God's Word.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Pastry
    Participant

Pierre! Good post…..When one does not know how to answer a question, He or She bails out. That is what I have seen more then once happening here. To me it is simple not right. It is ignorance, and ignorance should never be excepted, in my view. But with some here it is…..
    Peace and Love Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 22 2011,15:21)

Quote (terraricca @ July 22 2011,08:15)

Marty

Pierre

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

but it is not at an other believer to try to change those views ,but  only to make them aware of what it is,that  is thought  in the scriptures ,because it is on our heads to make sure that what we believe is the truth the way that the word of God teaches ,our own personal believe is not important,but the will of God is, ,so if you feel that you have and know is what you need and so is at your satisfaction so be it ,it is your head,not mine.

Pierre

Hi Pierre:

There is a problem here in that both you and I believe that we are correct in what we are teaching, but one of us is obviously not correct.

And so, what I have suggested to  you is that we pray and ask God to correct whomever is wrong, either me or you, so that we can teach the Word of God in unity and in truth.

I do not want to teach anything that is not God's Word.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

the truth has already been defined it is written in the scriptures any one who comes to God as to do it with all his heart and mind ,this does not mean ,comes with preconceived ideas and believes and conditions ,but with a full trust in God,and so believing in the word given to us ,

I have nothing to do with this ,it is you and God within Christ spirit ,

the truth is in there can you grasp it? I do not know.

Pierre

seekingtruth
    Participant

Pierre!  Good post…..When one does not know how to answer a question, He or She bails out.  That is what I have seen more then once happening here.  To me it is simple not right.  It is ignorance, and ignorance should never be excepted, in my view.  But with some here it is…..
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene,
    I understand but sometimes you answer over and over to no avail.

At which point does this verse kick in?

2 Tim. 2:14 Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.

Why is it considered doing something wrong if I'm obeying scripture? I've been warned not to “quarrel over words” and whether aggelos should be translated messenger or angel to me is quarreling over words. I should note that I do not mind discussing it further but when it reaches a point where it is no longer a friendly exchange it's time to quite).

My opinion – Wm

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 22 2011,09:50)

Pierre!  Good post…..When one does not know how to answer a question, He or She bails out.  That is what I have seen more then once happening here.  To me it is simple not right.  It is ignorance, and ignorance should never be excepted, in my view.  But with some here it is…..
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene,
    I understand but sometimes you answer over and over to no avail.

At which point does this verse kick in?

2 Tim. 2:14 Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.

Why is it considered doing something wrong if I'm obeying scripture? I've been warned not to “quarrel over words” and whether aggelos should be translated messenger or angel to me is quarreling over words. I should note that I do not mind discussing it further but when it reaches a point where it is no longer a friendly exchange it's time to quite).

My opinion – Wm

Wm! Funny, I counted my posts on this tread, and I posted 6 times in 6 pages. You on the other hand posted 9 times. One post is so long I didn't read it all. So who is posting over and over again to no avail…….
    I want unity just as much as you do, but in this place, I doubt it very much that all agree with each other…. Not yet.. one day when Christ comes, we will…. and to that day I am forever looking forward to……Peace and Love Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 21 2011,09:31)

Well Keith,

I've just shown Wm's accusation to be inaccurate, didn't I?

Mike,
    Let's look at this one question at a time. Do not add to it, move forward or change topic, let's resolve this question first.

From your first post to me, this was your question:

Let me try this one:

Welcomed me as if I were a football player, as if I were Terry Bradshaw himself.

Is Terry Bradshaw in this exercise of a “higer status” than a football player?  What if the player I named was someone much lessor known?

mike

My response:

Well I'm not a Steelers fan, now if I said Welcomed me as if I were a football player, as if I were Walter Payton himself. and if I was addressing Bears fans most would see my reference to Payton as to one who is the very epitome of a great football player.

Now if you inserted a lessor player you would be insulting me.

Wm

Does it, or does it not, answer your question?

Hi Wm,

If it does, I don't see it.  My point is that Bradshaw was STILL a member of the GROUP that was mentioned, albeit one who is high among that group.

You offered that Payton is the “very epitome of a great football player”, which is great – I liked him very much too and was sorry to see such a class act go so soon.

But do you see that your words don't say that Payton is “of a higher status” than “football player”, but that he is, in your opinion, of very high status WITHIN the group called “football players”?

In order to be of a “higher status THAN” the group mentioned, Payton would have to be something OTHER THAN a football player.

So even if you DID make it clear whether or not you were saying that Payton was of a higher status than football player, (which you didn't), by saying something like, “Mike, if we changed Bradshaw to Payton, then YES, I would consider Payton to be of a higer status THAN the group mentioned”, I would have come back with a comment that reminded you Payton was STILL a member OF the group mentioned.  Because my whole point was that if the group mentioned was “angels”, then whatever individual was mentioned later would have to belong TO the group that was mentioned.  In other words, it would make no sense at all if the individual mentioned was not a well known and respected member OF the group.  The individual HAS TO BE a part of the group for the sentence to work.

So Wm, “NO, this did NOT answer my question at all”.  Because not only did you not tell me if you thought Bradshaw was “of a higher status than football player”, but after switching Bradshaw for Payton, you still didn't tell me whether or not PAYTON was “of a higher status than football player”.

Can you see that?

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (942767 @ July 21 2011,10:12)
    Paladin may have not answered Mike with the simple yes or no, but he answered his questions.

But the question only required a simple YES or NO, didn't it Marty?  In fact, YOU answered it with a simple “NO”, which made me so proud of you for being truthful in a matter that ended up hurting your doctrine.  Remember me making a very gracious post to you and asking God to bless you for finally answering the simple question Paladin refused to answer for so long?

Also, if Paladin had actually answered my question, then why did YOU make a post to him asking him to please answer it?

Finally, if you think he has answered SINCE you asked him to do so, then kindly tell me what his answer was.  Because I sure couldn't see an answer to my question.  And Ed J even tried his best to find the answer for me – only to be told by Paladin that his understanding of Paladin's words was wrong.

So why don't YOU tell me, since you seem to think he's answered it?  Does Paladin think the imperfect tense of echo in John 17:5 prohibits Jesus from asking for the return of a glory he had in the past or not?

(Oh, and if you DO have the answer, then please show me the page/post that you derived that answer from – so I can see how I overlooked it and apologize to Paladin.)

peace,
    mike

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account