What it means to walk in the spirit?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    The sons of God are led by the Spirit of God.[rom8]
    Seeing dim reflections in legal obedience does not say we are YET sons.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    The rich young man in mt 19 had obeyed the law since his youth but was yet unsatisfied.
    When he was told to sell all he had was Jesus just meaning earthly possessions or were there other treasures he held on to?
    Where our treasure is there our heart is also and we can hold dear many things such as understandings and abilities that are our baubles and useless to God.
    Jesus came to seek sinners and not the just because only those who know their emptiness and uselessness are ready to be really emptied and cleansed so that they can be filled and valuable to God.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 29 2009,00:50)
    Hi CON,

Why is it your ears do not hear?

Why do you keep professing I follow the law as my salvation. You just don't listen do you. :cool:

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 29 2009,15:00)
    Hi CON,
    The rich young man in mt 19 had obeyed the law since his youth but was yet unsatisfied.
    When he was told to sell all he had was Jesus just meaning earthly possessions or were there other treasures he held on to?
    Where our treasure is there our heart is also and we can hold dear many things such as understandings and abilities that are our baubles and useless to God.
    Jesus came to seek sinners and not the just because only those who know their emptiness and uselessness are ready to be really emptied and cleansed so that they can be filled and valuable to God.

Nick,

The rich young ruler practiced a form of idolatry and Jesus called him on it.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 29 2009,01:00)
    Hi CON,

Again he sought salvation THROUGH the law.

Since I HAVE SALVATION I can follow the law.

But you cannot understand this, sadly.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Con,

Should you not be following Jesus?
    Can any man assert he has salvation when half of the bridesmaids, friends and family, were found asleep and left outside the door?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    The rich young man was following the way given to his fathers.
    Yes but he was offered the new way in Jesus that requires death to self and to ambitions of material glory.

georg
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 29 2009,21:16)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 29 2009,01:00)
    Hi CON,

Again he sought salvation THROUGH the law.

Since I HAVE SALVATION I can follow the law.

But you cannot understand this, sadly.

You know what some just don't get it, the Old Testament Law is not for us, we are under a New Covenant in Jesus Blood.
    I don't know how many times I have put this down for you.  This time I am only giving you the Scriptures.
    Exodus 31:16-17
    Exodus 3427-28
    The Old Covenant
    The New Covenant in Christ Blood
    Math. 22:37-40 The great Commandment.  On these two hangs all of the Law.

Also if we think, and some do that we have not sinned and still do, sometimes, the truth is not in us.

Paul says this in
    Romans 7:14
    For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am carnal sold under sin.
    verse 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand, for what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate that I do.
    verse 16
    If then I  do what I will not to do, I agree with the Law that it is good.
    verse 17
    But now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
    verse 18
    For I know that in me(that is in my flesh) nothing good dwells;
    for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
    Paul says through faith in Christ we are being made righteous, by grace, cause Christ was righteous and did not sin.  
    Romans 4:13 says this:”
    For the promise that He would be the heir of the world was not to Abraham or to his seeds,  through the law, but through the rightness of faith.

Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Con,
    Jesus explained to the Jewish converts in Rom 10 8-10 how to take the first steps in walking in the Spirit.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 30 2009,00:28)
    Hi KW,
    The rich young man was following the way given to his fathers.
    Yes but he was offered the new way in Jesus that requires death to self and to ambitions of material glory.

He was violating the command not to but any other god's before God and so he was not obeying the Law of Moses though he believed he was.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    So which idols do you judge him for?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….His idol was his money and wealth. They took president in His life. Common sense would tell you that.

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Jesus did not judge him.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 30 2009,05:20)
    Hi KW,
    So which idols do you judge him for?

What idol cause him to reject Jesus?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    He went away sorrowing but perhaps later he got over the grief?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Time might have produced a better response?

Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 29 2009,21:13)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 29 2009,00:50)
    Hi CON,

Why is it your ears do not hear?

Why do you keep professing I follow the law as my salvation. You just don't listen do you. :cool:

Hi:

It is because we are sons that we obey, out of our love and appreciation for what He has done for us in the person of His Son and His Christ, our Lord Jesus who said “If you love me keep my commandments.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    So these are the commandments of the Son of God and not the OT?

” Love one another..
    ” You must be born again..

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 30 2009,14:12)
    Hi 94,
    So these are the commandments of the Son of God and not the OT?

” Love one another..
    ” You must be born again..

Hi Nick:

God is not a dictator. He is our helper and the Father of our spirit when we are born again. Jesus said the following:

Mat 7:21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
    Mat 7:24 ¶ Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
    Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
    Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
    Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

And he said:

Mat 5:17 ¶ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
    Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    So some of what Jesus said applied to his Jewish hearers and some to all and we must be discerning. We are not Jews and have never been under their law

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account